Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Considering how one of the reasons NiGHTS made it in as flag-waver seems to be that Sumo already had a model from SST, it's pretty unlikely that secondary characters will show up...

There's always DLC. In fact, they do have Reala's model from SST...

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
I think it might be neat if they put in radient emerald as a stage.

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, and the other Sega francises.

I think it might be neat if they put in radient emerald as a stage.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to race on the stage such as Radiant Emerald. Its takes me way back on Sonic R game that I've played. It's happened to be one of my favorite Sonic games that I've played.

Nickno

Nickno

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok. I am soooo mad. At first I was excited, "yay NiGHTS may still become DLC!"
and now im MADD!!!!

http://www.sonicstad...ents-on-asr-dlc

Now me, and every other wii owner is getting left out. why WHY WHY!?

...so could we campaign for wii dlc? :'D
lol....eh lol over...

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
We really need to concentrate on getting NiGHTS in as DLC before we think of anything else at all. However, this is pretty much a lost cause I'm afraid. Nintendo is so incredibly anal about online activity with the Wii that DLC will never happen for this game, not least because it's most likely gone gold already and is almost out getting printed and shipped. Like that interview says, it would involve adding something to the game itself, not by means of an update, which just isn't going to happen.

It's a sucky position to be in, but I'm afraid Wii owners will always get shafter when it comes to this sort of thing. Sorry.

As for this recent influx of petition topics, could everyone please cool it a bit? We're in the very final stages of our campaign, we're at a critical point and we really don't want our message getting muddled in a wave of similar topics. After our campaign comes to a conclusion, feel free to do whatever you want.

(I'm going to merge this with the general ASR topic.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
This is another reason why i just can't support the Wii anymore and bought an Xbox. The Wii just screws people out of things like this. Since i bought my Xbox i've never been happier. It's so nice to finally have a decent next gen console.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Wii. It has it's fun elements but as far as gaming goes it really gives you the short end of the stick.

For dlc related games i really advise people to save their cash and invest in a new console. I had to. I've not regreted it at all.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I have no use for either of those other systems, so I'm not go to spen inordinate amounts of money for a console and one game. Sumo's decision strikes me as laziness more than anything.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Sumo's decision strikes me as laziness more than anything.

...aside from MONEY and TIME too, of course.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

...aside from MONEY and TIME too, of course.

I never said that they were not justified, but if they knew that it would have DLC and be on the Wii, it is basic logic to put in the effort to put DLC on the Wii. I doubt that many people would be up in arms if the Wii version was delayed slightly to IMPROVE things, rather than leave an entire group of people with a sub-par game.

Do not misinterpret my opinons; S0L has been wonderful and the game looks good. Being told that I can't have something just because it's been decided that i can't is a tad annoying.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

I never said that they were not justified, but if they knew that it would have DLC and be on the Wii, it is basic logic to put in the effort to put DLC on the Wii. I doubt that many people would be up in arms if the Wii version was delayed slightly to IMPROVE things, rather than leave an entire group of people with a sub-par game.

Do not misinterpret my opinons; S0L has been wonderful and the game looks good. Being told that I can't have something just because it's been decided that i can't is a tad annoying.

Alot of people fail to realise that pretty much all of the time, DLC on the Wii is not simply up to the developer. It's almost entirely Nintendo's say. The games that have DLC in them (Guitar Hero) do so because Nintendo obviously realise that DLC is such a huge part of those games. If Nintendo can't see the justification in supporting the DLC environment sales wise, then they wont. Don't go calling Sumo lazy for this, because Nintendo are absolute control freaks with online cababilites. Friend Codes and System Codes anyone?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Alot of people fail to realise that pretty much all of the time, DLC on the Wii is not simply up to the developer. It's almost entirely Nintendo's say. The games that have DLC in them (Guitar Hero) do so because Nintendo obviously realise that DLC is such a huge part of those games. If Nintendo can't see the justification in supporting the DLC environment sales wise, then they wont. Don't go calling Sumo lazy for this, because Nintendo are absolute control freaks with online cababilites. Friend Codes and System Codes anyone?

I am not doing any name calling. It simply struck me as odd judgement that, with some more attention, could have been avoided. It's was the tone I immediately felt, thus saying, "struck" rather than "is."

Of course, no one knows the whole story, so I would be interested to see if Sega/Sumo ever tried to talk to Nintendo about it. Having put time that I could spend doing other things into campaigning for DLC only to be told that it was all for nought has left an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

and now im MADD!!!!

lol....eh lol over...

...That settles it, then. I'm gonna have to save up and buy a PS3. :rolleyes:

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

and now im MADD!!!!

lol....eh lol over...

Ya know, I kinda expected this happening. It just seems like Wii owners always get jipped when it comes to extra stuff like this. Tis why I'm happy with my PS3.

I don't see the point in campaigning for Wii DLC. There just wouldn't be an effect. I mean, Nintendo is already annoying with online stuff, whether it be limited online play or remembering some 16-digit Friend Code.

My advice? Invest in a PS3 or Xbox. It's totally worth it.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
My PS3 plays online games with less lag than my 360 anyways... (odd... then again, maybe Microsoft gives low quality for freetrials...)
Sorry to all of you Wii owners... but the consoles are much cheaper now than ever... and you won't need to worry about getting ripped off by having to settle for a wii-port...
I'll need to remember to download that demo in the morning... I tell ya, it had better live up to the hype I've been hearing, lol...

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
People actually expected DLC on Wii?

Invest in a 360 or PS3 (I have both! =D)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
We only got a Wii for JoD but a lot of people trade them in for 360's and PS3's. Still really want to get Samba Wii though...

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
I have but one thing to say : "Thank God my brother asked for an Xbox 360 for christmas!" :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
For people in the UK a nice interview has gone up on Xbox live with S0L and the lead artist :) Check it out.
Seeing people you've met, on TV, is always really weird!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Just a few more hours until I get to download this from the PS store. I'm really hoping it's up there today. I just wonder what character they'll be using since we obviously aren't getting B&K. I'm guessing Tails or Shadow.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
When does the game officially come out? I'm so excited I think I'll explode.

The Wii version is the worst off, but it still has Flagbabe, Amigo, and Ulala, so I'll get it. Will all versions be the same price?

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
all the game versions for the ds, wii, ps3, 360 and PC download all come out the 23rd

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, and the other Sega francises.
I have both the Wii and Xbox 360. Sure I like the Wii and it does have some good points. NiGHTS is the reason why I got the Wii it because of her return. Xbox 360 and PS3 got a lot of potentials and attention. Now the news brought in from TSSZ News has provided me some more reason to get the Xbox 360 version. I feel sorry for the Wii owners. :)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
No ASR demo on the PSN today it seems. At least Heavy Rain's demo showed up so I'm not too disappointed in today's update. I hear the demo is coming next Thursday though. Hopefully.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

People actually expected DLC on Wii?

Invest in a 360 or PS3 (I have both! =D)

I think it was more like we "hoped for" DLC on Wii. -_- I never realized until recently how small the drive space really is. My brothers have had to delete some VC games to make room for other things, and we don't even have 2 whole "pages" of channels covered. Why, Nintendo, WHY?!

Some people act like it's so easy to just buy another system. Not every gamer has boatloads of cash. :/ I for one, being a dependent, still have to rely on a $10-20 spending allowance per month, and sometimes my mom forgets to give it to us. And a whole system for Christmas/birthday? No way, ho-say. If we want another system, my two brothers and I have to all agree on it, and maybe even pay for part of it, and that's all of our Christmas gift from our parents. My birthday gift was delayed for three months one year because I wanted a GameCube and Dad wouldn't give it to me. Then he finally agreed, but I had to pay for half of it. :( Funny thing is, my brothers begged and everything, and they got to use it plenty, but they didn't put any effort into getting it. Neither of my brothers have any wish to get a PS3, so there's no chance of it being a Christmas present. By the time I save up for it by myself and get one, the seventh generation of consoles may already be ending. I'm going job-hunting soon, but I need the money for other important and very expensive things such as a car. I'm really irritated at Nintendo for giving us crap like this limited online features and memory space, but unfortunately I'm going to be stuck with almost solely their systems until I move out of the house, because my brothers have almost no desire to venture outside of Nintendo. Sorry for the rant, and it's not really you, Jax, it's just all the people who seem to think everybody can afford buying three systems or that everybody's parents are going to buy it for them. Please everybody don't just assume everyone has or can have what you do. I am going to suck it up and work hard and save up, but it's not an easy thing at all.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I've heard this thread spun quite a few times...
Relax, no one's jabbing at you, there's no reason to go on about this...
I'm broke as heck and I have a PS3 and 3 360's... (2 don't work)
Most gamers don't have boatloads of cash... Just look for a job and take care of the big deals first... and/or try to make deals with your parents... do extra chores for special benifits...
It's hard work and it's great that your thinking ahead, but keep at it and you'll come out on top...

Back to the topic...
How are the NPC's difficulty wise? Is hard mode too easy?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

I've heard this thread spun quite a few times...
Relax, no one's jabbing at you, there's no reason to go on about this...
I'm broke as heck and I have a PS3 and 3 360's... (2 don't work)
Most gamers don't have boatloads of cash... Just look for a job and take care of the big deals first... and/or try to make deals with your parents... do extra chores for special benifits...
It's hard work and it's great that your thinking ahead, but keep at it and you'll come out on top...

Back to the topic...
How are the NPC's difficulty wise? Is hard mode too easy?

The AI is out for blood on default, but there is a harder difficulty to choose if you wish.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Sorry for that rant earlier. I was in a bad, broody mood and overreacted. Thanks for the encouragement, Saifer.

The main thing I wonder about in ASR is the items. People are saying this game feels different from Mario Kart. Is that due to the items being used differently or just the feel of the controls? Are there any items as cheap as the blue shells? I guess I'm wondering how much they affect the race. I'm hoping not too much. It was frustrating how I could be knocked back a few places in Mario Kart just because another player was lucky enough to get a good item while I had only a banana.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Not a problem my good friend... happens to us all...

I've been curious about the items as well... blue shells are a pain in the arse...
To add onto Penelopi's question about the different feel that this game gives... are there any other mechanics involved with the racing? Other than different vehicles working better on different terrain... Any small tricks that advanced players can pull off to get the upper hand?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Drifting and pulling off tricks IS.A.MUST. if you want to win.

As for items. There is no "Blue Shell". I guess All-Star moves could be those but it's not like it automatically bumps you from 1st to last place (or vise-versa if you are the one using it).

Also the game is totally different from Mario Kart.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
been playing this a minimum of 10 times a day, lost palace is gonna be a walk in the park once i'm playing the full game XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well we got to play the full game on Friday while a little bit sloshed. IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THE DEMO. Especialy split screen! The JSRF track is BRILLIANT. Amy kicks ass (what the hell). DiGi admitted to liking Shadow. The Samba Di stage is like drugs. DiGi kicked a lot of bum coming first apart from the one time i BEAT HIM and nobody was watching T____________T baww. Usualy when you jump into a new level in a racing game you're all over the place, but these were really easy to adapt to fast.

Going to write up a full report today along with what we got up to at Alton Towers in general :P

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
i issue a challenge to any one that has a Nintendo wii when i get the game i want to race so JUST BRING IT!

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Drifting and pulling off tricks IS.A.MUST. if you want to win.

As for items. There is no "Blue Shell". I guess All-Star moves could be those but it's not like it automatically bumps you from 1st to last place (or vise-versa if you are the one using it).

Also the game is totally different from Mario Kart.

That's good to hear. I hated how much luck played a part in Mario Kart.

Well we got to play the full game on Friday while a little bit sloshed. IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THE DEMO. Especialy split screen! The JSRF track is BRILLIANT. Amy kicks ass (what the hell). DiGi admitted to liking Shadow. The Samba Di stage is like drugs. DiGi kicked a lot of bum coming first apart from the one time i BEAT HIM and nobody was watching T____________T baww. Usualy when you jump into a new level in a racing game you're all over the place, but these were really easy to adapt to fast.

Going to write up a full report today along with what we got up to at Alton Towers in general :P

Aww, it's okay, TRiPPY, we believe you.

Yay! I can't wait to see the report. :rolleyes:

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

i issue a challenge to any one that has a Nintendo wii when i get the game i want to race so JUST BRING IT!

Consider yourself challenged. :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ryo Hazuki competition

...ok ...really. wow

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Ryo Hazuki competition

...ok ...really. wow

My thoughts exactly...at least it's not Shadow...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oh, Shadow will be having a figurine too. There's quite a bundle of ASR merchandised toys in production, this Ryo Hazuki one is just the limited edition one.

Don't get me wrong, i'm very excited for the news. It's just a little heart-breaking to see these characters get treated with action figures and NiGHTS is missing out on it all because of this stupidity about him not being a playable character.

Think about it. We could have honestly had a NiGHTS action figure had NiGHTS remained in his position as a main SEGA All-Star.

This community is missing out on a lot.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Oh man. I want the Ryo figure. SO MUCH.

A NiGHTS figure would be cooler but at least I have the Papetch to give him some representation in my collection.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I can't put in my real birthday on the Ryo sweepstakes website. Apparently someone thinks that us who were born in the year 1990 are too young to try and enter. I'm not a Shenmue fan outside of a few videos anyway so it doesn't matter.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
I am jealous DiGi! :[

You got to stay in a Sonic the Hedgehog 4 room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users