Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Why does the character's name say "Jacky" but it looks like Akira from Virtua Fighter?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I was thinking the exact same thing. What is that even a picture of to begin with? Profile select or something?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Maybe Akira and Jacky team up to do... something. What would two fighters do to other opponents in a matter of seconds?

"Download additional characters via Xbox Live"

Hunh.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)

Why does the character's name say "Jacky" but it looks like Akira from Virtua Fighter?

Its the All-Star move section. You can see a Master Emerald pic with Knuckles' name at the bottom.

So Jacky must be the character, and his All-Star move must have something to do with Akira.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
TSSZ did some snooping on the website's code and came across "CHUCHU", "BONANZA", and "PARTSHOP".

The first two obviously confirm Chu Chu Rocket and Bonanza Bros. I have absolutely no idea who or what "PARTSHOP" is indicating.

I love the Bonanza Bros., but freaking Chu Chu Rocket pisses me off. That should have been Ristar's spot, goddamn it all! :lol:

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Errr... technically it should have been NiGHTS' spot first.

And supposedly "PARTSHOP" is referring to Fantasy Zone. So our last newcomer is Opa-Opa.

I actually like Bonanza Bros. and Opa-Opa.....

MUDDERFUGGIN CHUCHU ROCKET

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Sorry that I'm not posting these quick enough:
*le snip*

Jacky and Akira are together in the same vehicle. Awesome.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
There, lol. Maybe people will UNDERSTAND that NiGHTS isn't playable now. Huzzah.

Real glad to see DLC mentioned on there though! Lets just hope NiGHTS gets enough demand...

Also I'm glad Ulala and Crazy Taxi got in and i do love me some Opa Opa since Super Fantasy Zone was my first game on the Megadrive back in the day. Not so sure about the Bonanza Bros though... most probably because I've no idea who they are.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
I would like to know just the the hell is wrong with Chu Chu Rocket. Sure Ristar was great, but it never consumed my free time like Chu Chu Rocket on the GBA.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Chu Chu Rocket is sh!t and i couldn't care less about Bonanza Bros.

As for that DLC, let's just say if you want it to be NiGHTS then you guys need to work harder than this. As far as NiGHTS DLC goes we've won nothing right now.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
Et tu DiGi? XD

Any ideas how to step it up? I'm hesitant to do exactly what we did earlier. It probably won't be as effective the second time around. Maybe try to raise awareness about the DLC in general?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
I don't even know what to do anymore. I suggested people make support videos, we only got a handful. Those who can, draw art, we got a small bunch of those. What else is there left we can do?
I wanted to put together a podcast show but i can't even do that because our computer is bloody broken.

I'm sick of this. I'm truly sick of this. I have been pushing this thing for months, i've tried everything i can think of, i've tried to go about things the right way, the kind way, don't be rude, show SEGA what they need to see and maybe they'll understand. They don't get it at all.

I'm ready to pack this in, i'm tired. Enough.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Eh, don't be ready to give up so easily. If something is important to you you don't give up fullstop.

The only thing annoying me right now is my lack of PC to actually be able to do anything constructive to help the situation.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
hey people chill for a moment...

DiGi, you've done everything right, the only reason this campaign is going nowhere at the moment is because as far as i'm aware SEGA havent even bothered to respond to us in the least, not even a cease and desist. We dont know what in the hell kinda impact we've made there, because they actually seem to be ignoring us, the most dedicated bloody sega fanbase out there. even if they gave a small reply telling us wtf is our campaign doing there, we'd then know what to do next :/ but you aint packing nothing in! if you pack it in now, what was the point in doing any of what the fanbase has done so far? imma twist some level 99 lyrics at ya now!

Heeeeeeeeey DiGi! hold on just a little more! the suuuun is just beyond the horizon! and it is the DLC that you've worked so hard fooooor!

my crap word changing aside, you get the message i hope.

and people, tis not fair for us to sit and let Le Admins do all the work, DiGi's right, we gotta do more! DOUBLE THE WORKLOAD! TRIPLE! >:lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
It's all very well and good Lynne telling me not to give up fighting for something i truly care about but it's easier said than done, isn't it. There is nothing in our power left we can do to sway that DLC into NiGHTS' favor. It's a really uneasy waiting game and for me these last 6 months have been hell in terms of waiting. I never knew i could excercise such patience in myself.

I've done everything i could think of and/or has been suggested to me that would be a positive input for the campaign.

Now i'm at a road where i know everything is done and it's still in a really bad limbo state. I would have thought by now that SEGA got the message, i guess i was mistaken for putting so much faith in to them that they would pull through for us. We're in the dark right now, we remain in the dark until i get another tip-off.

Walking in to SEGA and talking to them face to face wouldn't even change anything.
All this is to them is money. Hundreds of thousands of pounds that equal the worth of NiGHTS. If it ain't worth it they won't make it.

I swear to god, if i had the money i would change sh!t for real.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
We should save up as a community and buy the rights to NiGHTS himself : P Seeing as SEGA obviously don't want anything to do with him anymore.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
Jeez, is it true that BONANZA BROS are playable characters? And they are All Stars how....???

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Who knows why ? I hadn't even heard of them before. I must admit, theres a soft spot in my hard for ChuChu Rocket and Opa Opa, and I think they were pretty good choices for slots, but NiGHTS holds a much bigger place, and it is utterly rediculous that he was shuned for ChuChu.

I just read something S0L said over at SSMB. He said that;

"When DLC rolls around, it will be a mix decision bewtween Sumo and SEGA (but mostly SEGA) that decide who gets DLC".

I think we should be hitting up S0L again. We're not getting anywhere contacting SEGA (gits), but S0L has always been friendly and open to talk. I know he is aware of the campaign, but I think we should be making a point here. We shouldn't let down until we know for sure NiGHTS is in. We deserve that much. I know that SEGA is the big man here, and ultimately rule all, but if S0L would be on board with what we're trying to achieve, he can rally that to SEGA alot better than we can.

Thoughts ?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Little point, S0L is probably just saving face by stating that it's a mixed selection. It's mostly (if not all) of SEGAs final say. Besides, we've been here with S0L before. He's the reason we're emailing SEGA in the first place because SUMO know what we want, it's SEGA that needed convincing. I'm pretty sure SUMO are backing us up.

At the end of the day it's all SEGA's word.

We've got one month to convince SEGA to make NiGHTS a DLC item.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

We should save up as a community and buy the rights to NiGHTS himself : P Seeing as SEGA obviously don't want anything to do with him anymore.

Brilliant. I can just imagine the situation:

Us: Give us NiGHTS! We have money!

Sega: Who?

Us: NiGHTS!

Sega: You mean Big the Cat? He's not for sale!

I like ChuChu Roket, so I really am happy that it's in the game. I've never heard of the Bonanza Bros, but vintage Sega is always fun. :P

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
For those of you clueless as to who the Bonanza Bros. are:

Posted Image

Their names are Mobo and Robo. As to who is Mobo and who is Robo, I forgot.

They are kind of like the Ice Climbers... Popo and Nana...

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I've got Bonanza Bros. on the Sega MegaDrive Collection for PS2, and let me tell you, it's a sh!t game. All you do is go through doors stealing things while trying to (unsuccessfully) avoid poilice officers, and get to the top of a buliding where a helicopter is waiting for the loot. Even worse, in the Japanese version, you play as robbers, which makes sense but in the Western version, they're either helping the police, or 'testing out the security facilities'. Even though if you get a Game Over, it still shows you in prison... :/

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Wow. I was not expecting the Bonanza Bros. I first learned about them months back when I bought the Ultimate Genesis Collection disc.

I've got Bonanza Bros. on the Sega MegaDrive Collection for PS2, and let me tell you, it's a sh!t game. All you do is go through doors stealing things while trying to (unsuccessfully) avoid poilice officers, and get to the top of a buliding where a helicopter is waiting for the loot. Even worse, in the Japanese version, you play as robbers, which makes sense but in the Western version, they're either helping the police, or 'testing out the security facilities'. Even though if you get a Game Over, it still shows you in prison... :/

I thought you were robbers in the western version lol. I wouldn't say the game was sh!t though. I'd say more like it was annoying as sh!t. I could only get to the third level before I threw up my hands and said, "Screw this."

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Again, Ice Climbers was a "sh!t" game, so SEGA has to have their own version of the Ice Climbers.

But you will love it. Everybody always does.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
I've never played Bonanza Bros. but I remember getting their figures in Shenmue.

The fact that THEY are in the game is basically showing that this is not an "All-Stars" game so much as it is an "All the Rest" game. I like the fact that long neglected properties like Fantasy Zone are featured.
As for NiGHTS I feel like he must be DLC. Beyond ToeJam & Earl I cannot think of any decently known characters they could be leaving out... (Maybe Vectorman but NiGHTS still has a stronger following.) I hope I'm not being too optimistic.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
I want everybody to remember i'm in a awkward position where i know much more than i lead on, especially as far as this game goes.

On that note, please understand if i say we're not out of the woods yet then it might be in our best interests to keep running.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts

I've never played Bonanza Bros. but I remember getting their figures in Shenmue.

THATS where i seen them before! Thanks for reminding me. If retro fans want them then that's cool, I'm not going to start crying about it if other fans are happy with their inclusion. I just think not having NiGHTS playable is a bit mad considering so many people want him. People want Ristar, Vectorman and TJ&E too... but how many of them actually bothered to get off their arse and make a big effort about it? >_> Suddenly everyone was a Ristar fan. Never quite sure if this is down to demand or selling points. How much demand do the other franchises get. How is a profit made if a retro character is revived in this game yet has no actual game out to buy on current systems.

And yeah, listen to us when we say keep pushing this. We're running out of time and ideas so we need all the help we can get for playable NiGHTS DLC.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
What dipsh!t relegated NiGHTS to a [potential] DLC status anyway is what the hell I'd like to know. Effing Chu Chu Rocket characters, Bonanza Bros.(?) Big and Shadow are playable and not NiGHTS. Can't f--king believe this. The term ' All Stars' seems to be taken rather liberally.

Agh anyway.. Steve says there's still more to reveal, including some 'genuine old school characters'. To have the above characters in without certain others is unacceptable, show me something special, Steve.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

What dipsh!t relegated NiGHTS to a [potential] DLC status anyway is what the hell I'd like to know. Effing Chu Chu Rocket characters, Bonanza Bros.(?) Big and Shadow are playable and not NiGHTS. Can't f--king believe this. The term ' All Stars' seems to be taken rather liberally.

Agh anyway.. Steve says there's still more to reveal, including some 'genuine old school characters'. To have the above characters in without certain others is unacceptable, show me something special, Steve.

This isn't all-stars anymore: it's pander to each and every niche crowd with enough people to make some scratch that can more than comp the cost of production and then some. Nothing is safe...

I kid, but this is mighty ridiculous. Sega ain't saying sh!t, the majority of people are either happy without NiGHTS or want different characters in there more than him at this point, and mainly we're screaming at a wall. Not going down yet, though.

Also, in regards to genuine old school characters, that's probably genesis or master system. Saturn is something many consider a transition generation from old school to new. At least that'd be my take on the matter.

OH SEGA! HERE'S MY WALLET! TAKE SOME YOU DON'T REALLY DESERVE IF YOU F;)@ING PUT NiGHTS IN THIS GAME!
Ugh...in case you can't tell, this pc fixing and campaign are beginning to take it's toll on me, too...

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)
Check out this topic I made. Its a long shot, but worth seeing. Well, until SEGA/SUMO come around and possible deconfirm the whole thing. I hope not. I need something to still hold onto till the game comes:

http://forums.sega.c...ad.php?t=309359

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
"When we reach the darkest hour, every light, no matter how small, burns brighter than ever."

I know I heard something like that somewhere. XD;

It sounds like life is doing everything it can to beat us down - but we can still make a difference! I apologize for not getting more involved, what with life and all, but I am trying to come up with some more artwork - and dagnabbit, if I could animate with Flash, I could get this one ideya down... if anyone else can, lemme know and I'll share what I have! :3

At least we have the confirmed option of DLC, which is more than what we started with!

Hang in there guys... I know it's seriously rough going right now, but if there's one thing we NiGHTS fans are famous for, it's perseverence! ;3 Sega's being infuriatingly "big corporate business" to our faces, and all the doubt to start with certainly didn't help, but we can do it! Since when is NiGHTS an impossible dream to us?

Personally, I'm proud of everything everyone's done - we've shown nothing but love for our aerobatic jester, and more people are taking notice every day. We have our fanbase reputation intact, despite the "tabloid noobs" - not many celebrities can claim that much!

For a little musical boost, may I recommend/insist that you listen to Gary Go's "Wonderful"? :P

I hope I don't come across as annoyingly optimistic - I just have too much faith in NiGHTS and his fans!

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I thought you were robbers in the western version lol. I wouldn't say the game was sh!t though. I'd say more like it was annoying as sh!t. I could only get to the third level before I threw up my hands and said, "Screw this."

Actually I take that back. Because my head was in flames after finding out they made the roster, and not NiGHTS, I flew into a fit of rage. It is a very annoying game though. And that about them not being robbers in the Western versions was taken from Wikipedia, which we all know is 100% honest. XD So there may or may not be some truth to that.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
NiGHTS being absent aside I'm actually pretty pleased with the revealed characters...except for the Bonanza Bros. What the ever loving hell!

In regards to characters being revealed I've been ecstatic. I've been pleasantly surprised. I've been perplexed and even a little indifferent. Thus far this is the only inclusion that has me outright infuriated. Among all the many, many classic Genesis titles and various niche characters people are clamoring for, some numb nut at Sega ignores all of them and greenlights Bonanza Bros.? Seriously? Was anybody even asking for them? This I would say is the single most insulting thing to happen not just for our fanbase but for every single one out there that has yet to be represented.

With any luck the DLC will be a way for parties involved to acknowledge the f*** ups and ammend Sega corporate's shortsightedness.

I think I may finally know who at Sega has been making the character choices.
Posted Image

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I shall hack this game to Peices when it's out, I'll try anything to get NiGHTS in. I will download the DS rom to see if NiGHTS has a single glimpse in the game, I'll try the PC version to see if there's any textures, I'll pretty much do almost anything.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Fan video taken down at SEGA's "request":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3qwE7wFxw&feature=player_embedded

And SEGA is confirmed to be REALLY pissed. That is the final roster before DLC. Not telling you who told me that, though, as I shouldn't even be spreading this! Oh well.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
^What video was it that got taken down?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

^What video was it that got taken down?

It was done by Dusk, the same guy who helped our campaign from before. He pretty much just had a slide show listing every playable character that has been confirmed. He had PSOEp.III music playing in the BG. I can't go into specifics.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

I think I may finally know who at Sega has been making the character choices.
Posted Image

haha opie! XD

what in the name of hell is a bonanza bro? who's that in aid for, certainly not us! :P although given what we know about SUMO, someone will've requested it

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Oh man, this is all turning into crazy internet drama.

Also, is anyone still concerned about DiGi burning things? No? Didn't think so. I'll be hard-pressed if anyone says "sorry for doubting you" when this is all over, DiGi, but you have my eternal respect for going that far to say those things months ago. Despite not being able to view that video anymore, I'm sure it was just confirming the need for us to push super-duper hard for DLC. (otherwise, NinMicroSega should correct me on intuiting the wrong thing)

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Despite not being able to view that video anymore, I'm sure it was just confirming the need for us to push super-duper hard for DLC. (otherwise, NinMicroSega should correct me on intuiting the wrong thing)

Sadly, it didn't. Dusk said it took him a long time just to get it out of the way and post it up on YouTube. It only covered the confirmed characters. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users