Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Oh man, that's actually an awesome idea, if they could pull it off. Katamari didn't even occur to me.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things

Oh what I wouldn't give to see the The Dashing Prince rolling on top of a big Katamari, his special attack being that he calls his drunk father, The King of the Cosmos, to knock every other player out of the race. At this point, I'd settle for that as a PS3 exclusive, wouldn't you? (I know, Bandai/Namco property, but it's only been on Sony systems and phones).

I would love that. But there was a Katamari for Xbox 360 (Beautiful Katamari) so I don't think it's too likely.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Oh joy! Another Wii add-on that I don't want!

Sega baffles me. They didn't make Samba de Amigo maracas to keep Wii owners from having to get another accessory, but now we get this? I didn't like the Mario Kart wheel (there was no control), and I doubt this will be any better. *Sigh* At least it's a good game with cool characters.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

I would love that. But there was a Katamari for Xbox 360 (Beautiful Katamari) so I don't think it's too likely.

AHH! I totally blocked the semi-abominable Beautiful Katamari out of my mind...shameful, I'm losing my edge. But yeah, you're right, it ain't happening. It'll be in there when NiGHTS is in the released game sans DLC *wink wink nudge nudge*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
lol I wouldn't be surprised if the prince was in the game somehow. Its like SEGA is putting in every character but NiGHTS.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
So far, it seems the exclusives will end up like this:

Xbox 360- Exclusive playable characters.
Wii- Exclusive Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing-branded steering wheel attachment (logo is black & white, though).
DS- Exclusive Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing-themed stylus.
PS3- Nothing.
PC- Nothing. (except modders will mod like crazy)

So... the Xbox 360 version is the only one worth getting.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

So far, it seems the exclusives will end up like this:

Xbox 360- Exclusive playable characters.
Wii- Exclusive Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing-branded steering wheel attachment (logo is black & white, though).
DS- Exclusive Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing-themed stylus.
PS3- Nothing.
PC- Nothing. (except modders will mod like crazy)

So... the Xbox 360 version is the only one worth getting.

NiGHTS will only be on the Xbox 360. If DLC. Will anyone spend that much money on getting a new system just for one game?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

NiGHTS will only be on the Xbox 360. If DLC. Will anyone spend that much money on getting a new system just for one game?

You don't have a current-generation video game system at this rate? You people can't be serious. I have all of the systems, and I'm not even rich.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

You don't have a current-generation video game system at this rate? You people can't be serious. I have all of the systems, and I'm not even rich.

I didn't see waterhope write anything that indicated she didn't have any "current gen" consoles... Besides, it's all in preference when you buy a system, right? Either you don't want to upgrade or you do and don't have the scratch to do so. Heck, I can't even replace my decrepit PS2 now that it's breaking. Maybe some time next year, but not right now.

Getting back on track...

For NiGHTS, it doesn't matter which version he/she appears on if we succeed. ^^ We can take New Year's off, then get back to chanting outside GameStop: "Don't Forget NiGHTS!"

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
*looks at Wii-exclusive "content"*

|D

Well, considering I don't have Mario Kart for the Wii.... er, thanks? LOL

The Wii is the most current system I own - then it's an original DS, a PS2, a sputtering Saturn, and my computer. I'm kinda picky about my games, hehe! - and now that I'm saving for school, the odds of me getting a 360 in the next while are kinda slim...

STILL! NiGHTS deserves time in the spotlight, regardless what system he appears on! Of course, the fact that he's not in the main game is where this whole thing started, right? So we go with what we can and make sure Sega doesn't forget NiGHTS, and neither does anyone else!

Although... Katamari Prince with Crazy-Drunk King of the Cosmos as a special power = WICKED AWESOME WIN. XD I love that game...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I have Wii, and it's current enough for me. I got because, frankly, it's the only one with games that I'd play. Samba de Amigo on Wii got DLC, so why shouldn't ASR?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I have Wii, and it's current enough for me. I got because, frankly, it's the only one with games that I'd play. Samba de Amigo on Wii got DLC, so why shouldn't ASR?

In terms of capacity,

songs =/= character models w/ SFX, animations, etc.

But lordy, you'll probably mention Mega Man 9. Too bad Proto Man was an unlock key and not actual DLC. Even if he was DLC, last I checked, 8-bit sprites are close to 0 in memory compared to what Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is comprised of.

The Wii cannot do it, plain and simple.

Also, way to miss out on actual good current-generation SEGA games like Bayonetta.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

In terms of capacity,

songs =/= character models w/ SFX, animations, etc.

But lordy, you'll probably mention Mega Man 9. Too bad Proto Man was an unlock key and not actual DLC. Even if he was DLC, last I checked, 8-bit sprites are close to 0 in memory compared to what Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is comprised of.

The Wii cannot do it, plain and simple.

Also, way to miss out on actual good current-generation SEGA games like Bayonetta.

You have a valid point.

Consider me a cave-dweller, but I have only the smallest knowlege of Mega Man 9, and again you have a valid point. I will ask about Virtual Console games, though. I know nothing about how they work, but would an entire N64 game be even remotely similar to a single character in ASR? I only ask because how have a much better grasp of this than I.

Bayonetta isn't by cup of tea, but it's nice to know that you like it. :rolleyes:

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
I don't have a current-generation system, unless you count a DS. But I'm not done playing all the awesome games on my old systems yet! It's not like old games become less fun.

(I would like to get a 360 in this upcoming year though. Especially since I want to play as NiGHTS in this game and the DS doesn't support DLC.)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I'm not giving up on Wii DLC yet. With all the online connection/download stuff Nintendo forks out on it, I'm tempted to think that the Wii's capable of more, but they just aren't giving it to us. Cause they're cheap like that. :rolleyes: And like Noctourne said, you can download entire N64 games on it. I mean, Ocarina of Time is not a small program. If DLC is only XBox360, though, as much as I love NiGHTS, I think I'll have to pass on buying a whole nother system for a spin-off game. Most of 360's library is made up of bloody/otherwise disturbing M rated games that I don't like, because call me wuss if you want, but I hate blood. Cartoony Smash Bros violence is fine, even funny. But I can't deal with heads getting blown off, blood spraying everywhere, people getting hacked up by chainsaws...It makes me physically nauseous, I actually feel bile in my throat. I simply can't deal with it. That, coupled with higher prices for most 360 games compared to their other-system counterparts, it's just not worth it, sorry.

I heard Phantasy Star 0 is good, and it's on the DS, no? (I've been considering getting it. I've never played a Phantasy Star game before. *everyone gasps*)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I'm not giving up on Wii DLC yet. With all the online connection/download stuff Nintendo forks out on it, I'm tempted to think that the Wii's capable of more, but they just aren't giving it to us. Cause they're cheap like that. :rolleyes: And like Noctourne said, you can download entire N64 games on it. I mean, Ocarina of Time is not a small program. If DLC is only XBox360, though, as much as I love NiGHTS, I think I'll have to pass on buying a whole nother system for a spin-off game. Most of 360's library is made up of bloody/otherwise disturbing M rated games that I don't like, because call me wuss if you want, but I hate blood. Cartoony Smash Bros violence is fine, even funny. But I can't deal with heads getting blown off, blood spraying everywhere, people getting hacked up by chainsaws...It makes me physically nauseous, I actually feel bile in my throat. I simply can't deal with it. That, coupled with higher prices for most 360 games compared to their other-system counterparts, it's just not worth it, sorry.

I heard Phantasy Star 0 is good, and it's on the DS, no? (I've been considering getting it. I've never played a Phantasy Star game before. *everyone gasps*)

I agree wholeheartedly.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

This is off topic but I have to HIGHLY recommend you play Phantasy Star IV for the Genesis (available for modern systems as part of various collections). It's my favorite 16-bit RPG. The first four games in the series all form one epic story but the first three are primitive/dull by modern standards so you're allowed to skip them. Since PSO the games have been pretty unconnected to each other though, AFAIK.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Oh, and don't forget
Posted Image

Which is going for $20 now (it used to be $30).

Sticking with the Wii, you'd be paying a total of ~$410 for all of those games; some of which aren't even offered on the Virtual Console service. There's your 360/PS3.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things

Oh, and don't forget
Posted Image

Which is going for $20 now (it used to be $30).

Sticking with the Wii, you'd be paying a total of ~$410 for all of those games; some of which aren't even offered on the Virtual Console service. There's your 360/PS3.

That's why I have the Homebrew channel + Emulators. The most it would cost is the price of an SD card. That way, you can even play genesis games that aren't even on the VC. They also have Emulators for the Master System and Saturn. (The Saturn emulator also has NiGHTS support too!)

I don't mind the Wheel. It's okay, I just didn't like the Motion control on Mario Kart Wii.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Sumo Keeps delivering!

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Did you know that you can build your own custom vehicle in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing? What kind of vehicle are you going to build?

http://www.facebook....wall&ref=search

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Did you know that you can build your own custom vehicle in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing? What kind of vehicle are you going to build?

I'm going to build the NiGHTSmobile, thank you very much!

Really, though, this sounds like fun. Sumo definately likes to please the fans. :)

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Sumo definately likes to please the fans. :)

But not enough to put NiGHTS in...

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

But not enough to put NiGHTS in...

Remember, that's not Sumo's fault. The blame lies with SEGA.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
This game keeps getting better and better doesn't it? If customized vehicles are more than color swaps I'm definately gonna try make NiGHTS!BiKE XD
So much common sense crowd pleasing stuff is going into ASR that it makes my brain a happy place and wonder if i'll wake up anytime soon. NEEDS NiGHTS THOUGH.
I have flu, heed the wishes of a spluttering woman *hackcoughpleaseToT*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Custom vehicles? Well well, i didn't see that one coming, lol XD Great idea! I love customization. Glad to hear this feature is in the game. Nice one, Sumo ^__^

...still needs NiGHTS DLC :)

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Maybe NiGHTS will make a cameo as a vehicle?
Kind of like how she can be whatever in JoD?
a coster, a rocket, a dragon, a dolphin, a boat...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
The 'mild suggestive themes' censor tag is due to Ulala, apparently. One of her taunts is gyrating her hips and blowing kisses, according to the ESRB report --> TSS reports on the news here.

Of course we've heard Ulala be name dropped a few times since this game started getting in to the hands of the press. I guess this is just another confirmation that she is most certainly in.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
And Mii's have been confirmed for the Wii version too. For those of you that care about that.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Nice, good news.. NiGHTS is pretty much the one big thing missing from this game, what the freaking heck..

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
It would seem the customizable vehicles thing was an error on whoever runs that facebook pages's fault. S0L just shot it down over at NeoGAF

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Nice, good news.. NiGHTS is pretty much the one big thing missing from this game, what the freaking heck..

Every freaking bell and whistle
except the flute of a purple jester

This is going from Sega being negligent to downright fan-offense. It's even more important to get NiGHTS into the game NOW MORE THAN EVER just because it's shaping up to be one killer game. Not only could this become something redeeming for all Sega franchised, but I have a feeling all those included will initiate fond memories in a new generation of gamers. The young ones playing games like this these days have little to no knowledge of NiGHTS, and as these boards have proven, even cameos of NiGHTS have brought people into the fanbase.

The heat has been turned up now. Let's start cooking.

Edit: OOPS! looks like it was an error about the custom vehicles? Oh well, this is still a good statement on my part, I feel.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
S0L just shot it down himself? ....who the bloody f*!*ing hell was in charge of the FaceBook page during that post then? Seriously, it's not usually something like that gets posted if it ain't true. SEGA usually keeps a tight ship in terms of what they release info on. That was a complete balls up in that case. e_e

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Avatars (okay), Banjo-Kazooie on the 360 (uh...), and custom rides are a no go (drat it!). Nice that Ulala got in though. Niiice line up.

Anyone else have their eye twitch at the obvious hole in all this?

Edit: Got a wee bit aggressive and had to change the post. Still a tad annoyed NiGHTS ain't in the main roster.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

The 'mild suggestive themes' censor tag is due to Ulala, apparently. One of her taunts is gyrating her hips and blowing kisses, according to the ESRB report --> TSS reports on the news here.

Of course we've heard Ulala be name dropped a few times since this game started getting in to the hands of the press. I guess this is just another confirmation that she is most certainly in.

Oh no! People BLOW KISSES?! What kind of wild hippies make this game, anyway?! :P

And Mii's have been confirmed for the Wii version too. For those of you that care about that.

I'll use my NiGHTS mii, I guess...

It would seem the customizable vehicles thing was an error on whoever runs that facebook pages's fault. S0L just shot it down over at NeoGAF

That's too bad. I wonder why it would be posted if it isn't true...

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
It seems their putting everything BUT NiGHTS in the game.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts

It seems their putting everything BUT NiGHTS in the game.

Hence our abject horror and reason we started this. It's really annoying. I mean if you think about it it gets weird.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
It does seem weird. After all these years. Sega forgets NiGHTS as of now?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I'm just gonna say that they couldn't think of a vehicle and then time ran out. Seems plausible.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Interesting mention in the SEGA America Blog I stumbled across today! They're posting an ASR Dev Diary and one little tidbit about Steve Lycett's visit to SEGA HQ in Japan caught my eye..

"We run through the plans with the game, talked a little about SEGA Superstars Tennis (which was based on the Virtua Tennis game system) and then ask the ‘Can we have…’ question.

You see the purpose of this trip was to talk to each of the SEGA game directors in person to make sure they were happy for us to use their characters. We ask nicely, the question was translated, there was a laugh and a smile and….

The answer was…. you’ll just have to read the next diary to find out !"

It's a little something at least? XD; I dunno if I'm reading it quite right, but I thought I'd bring it up, see what you guys thought...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Hmmm 50p bet that that's about Ryo not NiGHTS. (unfortunately)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users