Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Nah, that trip to Japan happened ages ago early on in game development. Nothing to do with NiGHTS, sadly :/

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I agree, this is pretty annoying. It's almost as though Sega is punishing us for being so annoying though...

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

It's a little something at least? XD; I dunno if I'm reading it quite right, but I thought I'd bring it up, see what you guys thought...

Keyword: AM3

It's Crazy Taxi.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oooh i hope so!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I agree, this is pretty annoying. It's almost as though Sega is punishing us for being so annoying though...

If this is our punishment then Sonic fans must be getting beaten half to death in prison camps.

Keyword: AM3

It's Crazy Taxi.

One can only hope so. They've already got their own cars.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
This is so bizarre. What is Sega's motivation for not having NiGHTS in the game? No theories make sense.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)

This is so bizarre. What is Sega's motivation for not having NiGHTS in the game? No theories make sense.

I'm starting to think its a vehicle issue. Call me crazy, but maybe they had a hard time choosing a vehicle for NiGHTS? I'm sure many of us could come up with one, but I'm sure that they have a reason NiGHTS wouldn't show up.

In fact, if he doesn't, then still, since this fanbase is very large and there is so much want for NiGHTS to be in, I imagine someone would say why NiGHTS wasn't added.

DLC is still a MAJOR possibility! :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
They could just stick NiGHTS in some random purple car, it would be no worse than what they did for Sonic. Not being able to think of a vehicle doesn't explain it, IMO.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

They could just stick NiGHTS in some random purple car, it would be no worse than what they did for Sonic. Not being able to think of a vehicle doesn't explain it, IMO.

lol I guess. But maybe they thought NiGHTS just needed...more. I dunno. I'll be happy with whatever they throw at me though. I'm already ready to buy this game right now! Just about 6 more weeks of intense waiting...

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I wouldn't mind if they gave NiGHTS a pile of Crap as a car! It's something!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
And if any of you are still sitting on the fence believing that NiGHTS will be playable in the game (sorry to further burst your bubble) be sure to check out the fan comments on the facebook page. NiGHTS' voice actor supports this campaign. Think about it.

I'm still doing everything I can to help save NiGHTS.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
If NiGHTS' voice actor is supporting the campaign then i think that's a pretty BIG factor, right there.
Though, to be honest i don't think anybody is really on the fence anymore about it. And if they are then they probably don't care too much anyway. Hmm.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Is Julissa Aguirre confirmed out? It would make sense- she's helping the fanbase's campaign because she didn't get a job to voice new lines for NiGHTS. Are you guys going to add this fact to your campaign? By the way, where's her name in the list of fans for DON'T FORGET NiGHTS on Facebook? I can't seem to find it :/

EDIT: Found it. You have to click the "just fans" button, and her name is the first one, although she is using her alias instead...

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Anyone think Sega going to say why NiGHTS isn't in the game?

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Anyone think Sega going to say why NiGHTS isn't in the game?

No. But I wouldn't doubt it if it has something to do with people not asking for NiGHTS, like what Sumo eluded to during Summer of SOnic '09...

NiGHTS is now the SEGA Superstars series' Roy.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
But nobody cared about Roy! They were just too interested in Marth!

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

If NiGHTS' voice actor is supporting the campaign then i think that's a pretty BIG factor, right there.
Though, to be honest i don't think anybody is really on the fence anymore about it. And if they are then they probably don't care too much anyway. Hmm.

Like me...

*everyone is shocked* NOT MIGHTY!!! THE GUY WHO DEFENDED NiGHTS TO THE END?!!

Yeah, that was me. And who wrecked that? mariosonic. Yeah. What a troublemaker.

Anyways, with all the evidence I have seen regarding NiGHTS being out, I can truthfully say I do not think NiGHTS is in. There...I said it. Phew...

But this means we could get Ristar, an even more unlikely character, who deserves a return even moreso than NiGHTS, in my opinion.

And let us not forget, NiGHTS can still be in via DLC!!!

*everyone is still shocked hearing this come from MightytheAmadillo*

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

NiGHTS is now the SEGA Superstars series' Roy.

And here I thought the comparison would never be brought up. Preferably, I would have rather seen ol' Roy in the lineup than Marth, but that's just me. /offtopic

With NiGHTS' voice actor supporting the campaign, it's just another reason why we can't give up. We have to get NiGHTS as DLC if we ever want him/her to be seen in ASR. I couldn't defend Roy due to a lack of resources and Internet, but by golly I'll stand by NiGHTS with this fanbase, my 'net family.

Now to see if I can't make a brochure... Heh heh heh. Just wish I could cosplay NiGHTs and hand them out afterwards. ^^;

Edit: Just realized there's two problems: (1) the program keeps crashing randomly and (2) I won't have enough time to put the brochure together right now. Sorry!
As well, the game launches next month. *facepalm* Got caught up in everything. Can't even post flyers (no printer or anything). T_T *proceeds to grumble*

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Maybe we could send Sega all the pictures we drew in a e-mail?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

No. But I wouldn't doubt it if it has something to do with people not asking for NiGHTS, like what Sumo eluded to during Summer of SOnic '09...

I'd doubt it; there were at least two waves of emails asking for NiGHTS. If that doesn't count, then what does?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Julissa supporting the campaign is probably the biggest piece of official evidence you're going to get outside of my own statements that NiGHTS' is not playable in ASR. Those who are still sitting on the fence and have not spoken out in support of NiGHTS should probably do so now, it may be your last chance to try and get your voice heard.

Ask for NiGHTS DLC for ASR. It's the last option to get NiGHTS playable.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I believed DiGi and TRiPPY from the start about this. Julissa supporting them makes my confidence in what they say even more concrete. I still want to find a new way to push the campaign. Its crunch time now. The release date is next month. If we don't find out something soon or do something soon, we're gonna lose.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Tristan Oliver still brings doubt to the playing field:

http://www.tssznews....-nights-caucus/

This guy is a persistent ducking fouchebag.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
At least it's still another article on the subject. Publicity= what we need.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
This is one of I think 2 articles I've ever read on any forum...
*reads*
Forget it... I'm not going to say anything... except
HATE!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Let's pretend that NiGHTS is in the game. Wouldn't Sumo/Sega at least tell Julissa that they're using her voice? Think with your minds, people!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Ms. Aguirre always spells NiGHTS like Knights. I'm sure she knows it's NiGHTS but for some reason would rather use Knights instead. I've gotten used to it and it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

It's still kinda funny though.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
When I was a kid I always associated NiGHTS with knights - I thought of him as a sort of knight of the dream world and considered the title to be a sort of pun. So yeah.

Also if Sumo/Sega are using her voice recordings from JoD and not actually telling/paying her, it is going to send the company's reputation straight into the toilet. That would be intensely unprofessional. And if the creators say that they "went to town" with voice acting, it would be unreasonable to expect a formerly-talking character to mysteriously become silent again. NiGHTS not being in the game is the only explanation that makes sense.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
So there's supposedly a new trailer that shows Ulala and BD Joe from Crazy Taxi. UltraSonic24 over at the SEGA forums made a thread about it.

Forum link: [url="http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195""]http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195"[/url]]http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195

IGN video link: http://wii.ign.com/d...iler_11110.html
YouTube video link:

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

So there's supposedly a new trailer that shows Ulala and BD Joe from Crazy Taxi. UltraSonic24 over at the SEGA forums made a thread about it.

Forum link: [url="http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195""]http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195"[/url]]http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309195

IGN video link: http://wii.ign.com/d...iler_11110.html
YouTube video link:

Aww...beat me to it. :)

This is pretty cool. Now we have 4 characters left to announce. Who could they be...? I'm hoping we at least get Gilius and Ristar. :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
As for Julissa spelling NiGHTS as Knights, heck she calls me T .... XD She just gives cute pet names that's all. But I'll ask her anyway. She's a really lovely friend of mine and I'd be the first person to know if she was voicing NiGHTS again. People can say 'oh but maybe he's mute' that doesn't make sense when all the other playable characters talk. And no SEGA would NOT go using her voice without her permission, it doesn't work like that.
Also to clear something up, Julissa was never one of my original sources, she has a lot of integrity as an artist and wouldn't go blabbing to me of bass ackward things like NiGHTS not being playable to this extent. Voice Actors rarely know anything about the game until they get handed the script. She's just cheering us on that's all. She wants NiGHTS to be playable in DLC too. Because he's not playable - and she hasn't been called to voice him - obviously. Why else would she support the campaign.
Also I've seen people online say she doesn't give a crap about the character (because she's a voice actor and missspells his name) and that annoys me. She happens to really care about him and us fans too. Otherwise I wouldn't give her the time of day like a few other people i could mention.
If anyone is going to support NiGHTS and give all you guys who have disbelived DiGi and I a clue it'll be NiGHTS himself eh? :)

I still believe we can make a difference though. It may seem impossible... but if anyone in SEGA has a heart they'll listen to us in some shape or form. Nothing to something may seem like a lot to ask for but as fans it's all we can keep asking for.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Nicely said, TRiP :)

As for the inclusion of Crazy Taxi and Ulala, i'm happy with them. There's apparently 4 character spaces left, people are asking for Ristar. I don't mind who the 4 are, i'm just hoping they get DLC aproved.

It's getting close to release ...something on NiGHTS is bound to be mentioned soon, it has to :)

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Here are some good pics of B.D. Joe and Ulala from GameboyHero over at Sonic Stadium:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
would ya look at that, a hover vehicle! now who do we know that would suit such a device......oh yeah!
Bayonetta! XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Good to see B.D. Joe in there.. sigh.. why no NiGHTS, why.. I can't decipher anything NiGHTSy in the stage pics so far either

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
In all honestly a Crazy Taxi rep made too much sense not to include.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts

In all honestly a Crazy Taxi rep made too much sense not to include.

Exactly. I'm surprised they haven't introduced Daytona yet.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Julissa seems like a very sweet person. I doubt she's gone senile and supported the campagin while hating the character.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Thanks for finding those! So I guess thats yet another character confirmed. And finally, direct official confirmation of DLC.

We need to get our arses in gear with the campaign.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users