Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smash Bros Brawl

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Diddy isn't that bad but...I just don't like him. I also don't think my bf is correct in saying I am good with him since I only used him in adventure mode. I don't find his moves all that useful. He might be good in a team battle if you have the right character with him, but thats it.

Toon Link would not have been a waste if his moves were not exactly the same as Links. Its young Link all over again. At least its not as bad as Pichu. WTF was that all about..... I use Thunderbolt! Now I'm stunned. :/ Luigi's recover move is no better with him falling on his head. God I hate it when they put in moves like that.

I don't know who Pulseman is so I never really cared. All I noticed was that it works the same as Super Sonic, but its a bit bigger. I never really cared for it. Is it easier to control than Super Sonic though?

I don't know why you guys honestly thought NiGHTS would show up. This is not Sega's game and they were lucky enough to get one character in it in the first place. I noticed how even more evident this is by the lack of other sega cameos. I was surprised to see Shadow be an Assist trophy though. I bet Nintendo is regreting this now though since for the next Smash Brothers (I assume there will be another) they will have a bunch of third party companies asking to put their characters in the game.

As for Pulseman working great with the game...as long as its not like Snake then I'm good.

I don't like to use his jetpack that much for that reason. In fact I usually just use his speed and A button moves. His specials kinda suck.

Oh and Nyclone, I forgot to say something about the Kirby people being too proud. Are you serious or just guessing? That seems dumb that they would let their ego get in the way of being more powerful. Kirby has the ability to steal ones moves, then by god use it! I can understand if its a matter of stealing some moves like Jigglypuffs (Her Normal B move is pretty pitiful most times...) but come on! Kirby also lacks projectiles so sucking up someone like Pit or Link is in his best interest there. Ah well.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Have you tried Olimar?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
No. My bf says he hates him though and from the looks of it, I wouldn't like him either. He seems TOO difficult to manage. But I could try him out a bit.

I am going to say this now though, Jigglypuff is my FAV for multi-battles. I just love her now. I had no idea just how good I could be with her. Everyone underestamates her rollout attack, but its great. I won a battle with her against Snake, Samus, and Marth. I even got second place when the person as Snake switched to Bowser. The person playing Samus would not keep her eye off me for too long after that. XD At first everyone would generally ignore me till I did a max rollout against Snake (who was just standing there and trying to knock off a couple guys off the edge. Who cares about little Jigglypuff? She can't hurt me. LOL yeah right.). He was smashed. I also used rest once and Samus shot a missle at me....it flew right over my head. XD I love that puff ball.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
That's from his looks. He might be good. He can give players migrains very fast. A bunch of people, from what else I've read on the net, hate randomness. They wouldn't because they figure that it would give more of a chance to the other players, and don't want that to happen to them.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
Its the idea of preparing your pikmen in order to attack. BUt I have seen one good Olimar before.

I think chaos and random characters are hard to manage, but thats what makes them so much fun. Also, it makes it harder to predict their every move. But then again, you never know what to expect with some characters. I actually saw a really good Diddy Kong today.

Aso for people not likeing being open, ALL characters have weaknesses and chances for someone to hit them. Its all about timing and using your specials in moderation and not every second.

On another note. PK Fire X2000! AHHH! Make him shut up. Its as bad as having to hear a buy abuse the Falco Punch and seeinga Pikachu that WILL NOT stop with the thunderbolts.

Oh and does anyone know what others songs Tomoko Sasaki helped with besides Wario Ware: Ashley's Song. He is the one that did the NiGHTS music.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I got brawl but the lag is so infuriating! I am a SSB vet. and I got takin out by a guy who only used 2 attacks with pit that spinning swords attack and the arrows witch are normally easy ta dodge but my lag was so bad I would have to wait 5 seconds before my guy would actually jump! can someone please inform how ta fix this? my connections just fine but I keep getting errors about Nintendo havin a hard time with servers. It's driving me out of my mind! btw I like Lucario he may be abit slow on attacks compared to the fast characters I'm used to but if you take advantage of the range and can manage his smash attacks then hes a serious force to be reckoned with.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I got brawl but the lag is so infuriating! I am a SSB vet. and I got takin out by a guy who only used 2 attacks with pit that spinning swords attack and the arrows witch are normally easy ta dodge but my lag was so bad I would have to wait 5 seconds before my guy would actually jump! can someone please inform how ta fix this? my connections just fine but I keep getting errors about Nintendo havin a hard time with servers. It's driving me out of my mind! btw I like Lucario he may be abit slow on attacks compared to the fast characters I'm used to but if you take advantage of the range and can manage his smash attacks then hes a serious force to be reckoned with.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=41913059 That may help. It does no good for me though due to being in a dorm and haveing not control over routers and such.

A lot of the problem is simply Nintendo though. I thoguht it was my net connection once, sometimes it is, other times it truly is not. I hate the lag too. It helps to be on certain levels though. The Metroid Nesfair or whatever its called level is pretty bad sometimes and so is the Toon Link level. Some things just tend to attract lag more than others.

I know how annoying it is to be beaten by characters that only use two moves. I have learned to deal with it and beat them even though thats all they do, but when lag sets in......UGH!

I also notice that the Wolf/Fox/Falco smash moves seem to attract lag somtimes too...

Ah so you have mastered Lucario? Yes he can be very good once you have learned how to use him right. I still can't and don't bother too. I like my Jigglypuff far too much.

What is your friend code? Mine is on the page before this. (Friend Code: 0001-3031-5408 Nickname Dez. I will just put it her to help more.)

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
Eh, tournament play is very different than casual play. The Multi-player over the net is probably their practice.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Eh, tournament play is very different than casual play. The Multi-player over the net is probably their practice.

That would explain why I am actually doing pretty good...because its not the best of the best. I would get creamed in a tournament gameplay. I prefer to just have fun.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
yes... it is a total humiliation for me when I fight lvl 9 cpus for warm ups and get beaten by someone who uses only 2 moves thanks to lag... so I hope the combat is better in friend matches. Btw, my friend code is 0344-8979-8748 nickname Saif. Hope ta see ya on! and I'm looking forward to a good match (that is if lag doesn't ruin it for me). On another note would you mind me asking, what is the name Dez from (or did you simply think it up)? A friend of mine on guild wars had that nickname but unfortunately I won't be able to talk with her for some time as I needed to uninstall the game. :)

Sorry for such an odd question just curious.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Des/Dez is actually a pretty common real name in Ireland XD

What's everyone's opinion on Dedede? I've only used him for a bit, and aside from his often suicidal Up+B, I've found him to be pretty nice, especially in multi-man brawls.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I bought the game yesterday, but I still can't find my friends code. XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

yes... it is a total humiliation for me when I fight lvl 9 cpus for warm ups and get beaten by someone who uses only 2 moves thanks to lag... so I hope the combat is better in friend matches. Btw, my friend code is 0344-8979-8748 nickname Saif. Hope ta see ya on! and I'm looking forward to a good match (that is if lag doesn't ruin it for me). On another note would you mind me asking, what is the name Dez from (or did you simply think it up)? A friend of mine on guild wars had that nickname but unfortunately I won't be able to talk with her for some time as I needed to uninstall the game. :(

Sorry for such an odd question just curious.

And my name is Desiree so people will call me Dez for short sometimes. Des sounds odd to them (We are not German here.) so they just say Dez. Simple as that. Its just my name for short.

As for Dez being a common name...that explains a bit. I was wondering what TRiPPY's brothers name was when I heard him being called Dez. I guess that is his real name?

And I will add your friend code as soon as this stupid internet will let me on the darn thing!

As for Dede Dee, I would considering using him. He may be slow but boy does he pack a punch and has a nice jump ability. He is probably the ONLY heavy weight I would ever consider trying out. (For the record, I hate slow heavy weight characters). His abilites are quite interesting, and I have seen some people do very well with him.

And the friend code is located in your friend roster when you log in and got to the "With Friends" part.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

And the friend code is located in your friend roster when you log in and got to the "With Friends" part.

Woo! Thanks!
Mine's: 1848-1454-4590.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Woo! Thanks!
Mine's: 1848-1454-4590.

Ok. I just now added you and all other codes, I forgot.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Added everyone.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Added everyone.

It still says I am waiting for regerstration from you. Do we have to get on at the same time?

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

It still says I am waiting for regerstration from you. Do we have to get on at the same time?

I don't know. O_o
It says it with mine too.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I don't know. O_o
It says it with mine too.

I am on right now too. Hmmm.....I don't know. Did I type it in wrong? O.o

My net is poo.....Saif so is yours it seems. We can have terrible net connections together. Everytime I try to join your brawl I get the boot.

I usually need to wait till later at night as it is.

LOLZ I can't get through even ONE battle with Saif without dissconnecting. We need to try when its about 1 or 2 AM my time or there is no hope. Midnight MIGHT work for awhile, but its pushing it. Lots of people are just getting back from Spring break on my campus so the nets probably going Huzzuzzsua wha?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
My apologizes for the bad matches we had :huh: the lag was absolutely terrible. I'll try to get onto brawl later tonight (ppl start getting off later in the night thats why the games get better... or so I hear...) btw that was my first time trying jigglypuff on brawl so... when I used that smash was I supposed ta explode on command or something? I had NO idea what was going on lol. On the subject of dedede his attacks are amazingly fast for a heavy weight but if you can manage to dodge around him you should be able to get a few hits in or a grab. (the recovery time is too slow for me so I don't bother with the guy)

EDIT: Holy crud, I'm a lurker now :(... is that good?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
It wasn't jsut you, it was my net too. My net always stinks. I was a bit busy tonight anyway. I am STILL up working on my project. I LOLed at your message on screen when it said Lag is no fun. I should put that on mine too. XD (I just tried to get on right now at 1:24 AM and the net is still being a brat. I HATE this school!)

As for Jigglypuff, she continues to grow and once she gets to her max size she will scream "Jiggly!". When that happens, anyone touching her will take damage. Some die due to falling too. Its pest to use that move in the middle of a small stage in order to get best results. In a Medium Stage, you need to wait for someone trying to recover and start over there. In a large stage.......no good there my friend.

Lurker is just fine. No worries. XD

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Woops, I woulda gotten on earlier if I hadn't forgotten about the time zones srry bout that (it was 10: 30 over here when ya posted that message). btw I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of that message :) I try my best ta make others smile or have a good time (now if I can just find a girl that can stand me being a gamer and my dry jokes) *smacks head on desk* :P

I HATE this school!

well... its school... its DESIGNED so you have something to hate...

I hope Nintendo can improve brawls online play if not I guess well just haveta get used to online combat looking more like a picture show :D then a fight...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Woops, I woulda gotten on earlier if I hadn't forgotten about the time zones srry bout that (it was 10: 30 over here when ya posted that message). btw I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of that message :) I try my best ta make others smile or have a good time (now if I can just find a girl that can stand me being a gamer and my dry jokes) *smacks head on desk* :P well... its school... its DESIGNED so you have something to hate...

I hope Nintendo can improve brawls online play if not I guess well just haveta get used to online combat looking more like a picture show -_- then a fight...

Are girl like that really that rare? I guess so. I don't know to many other girls near me that are a bit like me in that regard. Guess my bf got lucky. Good luck to you on that.

As for school, yeah I guess. Its just that this is a college but it is a cheap one with very few servers so it can't handle eveyone.

Yay picture show. XD A part of it is just that we need really really high connectons to get through to them right and such. Or at least that is what I hear.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
I'm pretty sure all of us would get creamed in tournament.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Are girl like that really that rare?

Yes, at least here anyways about 90% of the girls I've seen thus far are either gender confused or are the reincarnations of sailors (they cus like you wouldn't believe) the other 10% aren't my type -_- (they can't stand dry jokes, they're gamer-intolerant, and they can be quite perfectionist. I want someone who's fun to be with... and has a broad enough vocab. to avoid cursing 6 times each 7 word sentence) maybe I should consider moving? *clears throat* anyhoo, sorry for changing the topic of conversation, back to brawl...

A part of it is just that we need really really high connectons to get through to them right and such. Or at least that is what I hear.

That WOULD make sense for such a high quality game to require high quality connections... but, if ya look at the statistics, Wiis have mostly been bought by ppl just getting into gaming and usually the only game they will have for it are games like wii sports, games such as twilight princess and Metroid prime 3 are not selling as well as they should be for that sad fact. Nintendo needs to shape up its internet capabilities, according to the info I gathered Nintendo simply has bad online service (which is why I don't get booted when playing halo 3).

*sighs* well, till this issue is resolved I'll keep playing brawl and keep from getting rusty till we can have a good match, till then.
Have a nice day! :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

I'm pretty sure all of us would get creamed in tournament.

I would be dead in 2 seconds. -_-

And Saifer, things will get better once you get older. What you describe are the typical things to expect out of most schools. Most people change once they realise there is a much bigger world out there. Not all, just a lot.

I would assume a Game like that requires a lot of decent constant connection. Problem with my net is that it can go from very high to very low for a whole min or 30 seconds and that can really kill. Not to mention we only have one server for all the Dorm and everyone is trying to play online with their X-Boxes, PS3's, AND Wiis. Not to mention all the online video games like WOW. Are school can't handle it all. Actually...is it one server per dorm area? Because I find it hard to believe there is only one server for all the dorms......

Anyway, but yeah I have heard Nintendo has online problems and such. The fact that people need to mess around for a long time with how their net connection is set up in order to even allow players to play with them should say something....

Maybe this weekend will work better. DUring the week things are pretty bad for my net.

Also, if you want to reduce lag then you HAVE to pick the right levels.

Luigi's Mansion and Green Hill Zone are the best for this due to lack of lag. Final Destination is ok but it makes more lag than the other two most of the time. Halbard is 50/50 so its risky.

If you pick a Star fox level, the Metroid lava level, or the windwaker level then I will be on the other end cursing at the top of my lungs. Those are by far the WORST places for bad net connectons to go. Even the Melee versions are terrible! The windwaker level is good till the Tornado comes and I am ALWAYS booted off. The same goes for the other two. Actually, I was on a very good internet connection when I was on the Metroid lava level and the ENTIRE BATTLE was slow motion.

Also, The landmaster smash is notrious for lag and kicking. Isn't that nice!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I unexpectedly like Lucario. I used him as my first character for pretty much the entire maze. Also, the pokemon trainer is unexpectedly boring. he has three movesets, but all three of them are pretty basic. But what is funny about him:

I fought a CPU pokemon trainer in a brawl, and won. after the match, the squirtle was respectfully applauding, but the trainer was standing there SULKING. the trainer is a sore loser, but his pokemon are not.

And Game & Watch is much more powerful now, it seems.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts

I would be dead in 2 seconds. -_-

I already got my butt whoped against a comp. Ness.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
tournament mode? you mean against lvl 9 npcs? I can take on any npc one-on-one but when it gets down to a multiple enemy fight I get whooped (unless I sit out on the sidelines but wheres the fun in that? :/ )

And Saifer, things will get better once you get older. What you describe are the typical things to expect out of most schools. Most people change once they realise there is a much bigger world out there. Not all, just a lot.

ah ha! very true! Some ppl never grow up! Like me :) "your only as old as you think you are"-Washu from Tenchi Muyo. P.S. what makes ya think I'm still in school? ;)

I figured pictochat would have the least lag :/

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
yah.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

tournament mode? you mean against lvl 9 npcs? I can take on any npc one-on-one but when it gets down to a multiple enemy fight I get whooped (unless I sit out on the sidelines but wheres the fun in that? :/ )

ah ha! very true! Some ppl never grow up! Like me :) "your only as old as you think you are"-Washu from Tenchi Muyo. P.S. what makes ya think I'm still in school? ;)

I figured pictochat would have the least lag :/

Oh is THAT what was meant. I did beat a level 9 Jigglypuff, but the computer doesn't use Jigglypuff to well. I thought we were talking about facing pro tournament players who have devoted their life to being the best at this game.

For some reason I figured you were by the sound of the girls. Ah well.

NO! That place has ALWAYS had terrible lag for me, sometimes things go crazy even with a decent net connection. I don't think its detail that determines it. I guess it just depends on just how much coding is going on back there on those levels or something. I really have no idea. I sit and wonder how Halberd seems to do so well, yet the Metroid level lags like crazy. It makes no sense to me.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
We were. Just pointing it out. I came up with a stage you can make that nobody can get KOed in!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
It's kinda funny how the stage creator seems set up specifically to prevent this. I managed to get around it by making the roof out of spikes. they point outward, so no one gets hit by them. and I just got my connection working, brawl friend code as soon as my wii finishes updating. check this post.

E: 0903-2579-3232 and my nick name is PHOS

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
Mine was to make a big box of tiles, and make the roof the kind that falls down and reapears. One way in, no way out. The only flaw is that items open a hole to escape.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

For some reason I figured you were by the sound of the girls. Ah well.

Very Impressive! I applaud your observation! But, I asked what made you think I was still in school not necessarily that I'm not. :o

I made a stage that I use for practice I made a long stage made up only of a strait line of falling tiles which I play when I'm fighting lvl. 9's I wish you could flip the spikes upside down on the stage builder :o its much less innovative then I had hoped.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
Its not observation, its just exprience and memoreis. And I don't think you would be having this many problems with the girls unless you were in school, but thats just me assuming.

Yeah the stage builder....mine is just a simple crappy stage that is easy to fight on. My bf made a REALLY complex one that makes it hard to smash or even fight people on. I really don't like the stage builder much. There is very little you can do with it.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
My friend ALWAYS falls off the stage as Meta Knight, so I had to make a handicapped version of Final Destination for her.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

My friend ALWAYS falls off the stage as Meta Knight, so I had to make a handicapped version of Final Destination for her.

How does she manage that? Is she using her moves too close to the edge? Thats the only way I accidently fall off. Otherwise Meta Knight is great at not falling.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1609 posts
She uses moves too close to the edge.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
waaaah the game still isn't out here yet ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users