Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smash Bros Brawl

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
^_^ :P :blink:

Nintendo just revealed at the Nintendo conference a new trailer of Smash Brothers Brawl, which shows Sonic as a playable character and includes him transforming into his Super Sonic form! All the speculation can finally come to an end! He's here!

<a href="http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826131p1.html" target="_blank">http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826131p1.html</a>
Videos are on the Smash Brothers Dojo main website at www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I hope this won't be the only SEGA character in Brawl either!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Hm, I guess I could replace pikachu with him as my punching bag <.<

(Disclaimer: I like Sonic, I really do! But dear god he should not be in this game: SSBM that is a celebration of all things nintendo. The best kind of fan service, if you will)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Thats pretty cool. I wouldn't mind playing as Super Sonic....

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

(Disclaimer: I like Sonic, I really do! But dear god he should not be in this game: SSBM that is a celebration of all things nintendo. The best kind of fan service, if you will)

Same. I always wished against this happening. And now I must die.

Slowly and painfully.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I laughed my ass off when I saw the news. Nobody could agree whether or not he would or should be in, and now he is XD it's perfect.

in any case, watch the video... looks sahweeeeeeet *v*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Anybody surprised by this news needs to slap themselves now.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers for Megaman.

*edit* I really hope that voice in the video was from the game because it sounded quite a bit like Ryan Drummond. That would mean the 4Shame actors were finally dumped.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Anybody surprised by this news needs to slap themselves now.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers for Megaman.

*edit* I really hope that voice in the video was from the game because it sounded quite a bit like Ryan Drummond. That would mean the 4Shame actors were finally dumped.

See, to me, megaman makes more sense than sonic does when it comes to 3rd party characters in brawl.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
okay...

part of me is excited as hell that hes confirmed, and glad hes in....
but...
another part of me feels like i REALLY shouldn't be happy about this...

i dont understand why... i wish i knew...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Same. I always wished against this happening. And now I must die.

Slowly and painfully.

Bah, whatever. Sonic deserves the chance to kick Mario's ass. The damn fanbase wanted to see this for years. Olympic Games? forget that sh!t. This is what i'm talking about now. Welcome to the battlefield, Sonic. REALLY BLOODY glad you're in it.

Now, all i need is NiGHTS and i think i'll die from happiness.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
NiGHTS would be awesome,but I hightly doubt that he would be in such a popular and recognized franchise as SSB.(NiGHTS isnt as popular) She has moveset potential though.

Anyway..Back to Sonic. I think his Super form is his Final Smash.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I doubt NiGHTS will be a character in it too...but still, it's a dream.
They have those 'assist characters' though. I could see NiGHTS turning up in one of them, perhaps. That's more logical.

Also, i just watched the Sonic trailer at the main Smash Bros. website and other than Sonic's cheesy - "Sonic's my name. Speed's my game", i have to say i'm fired up even more about him being in there. It works perfectly.
Yeeaaah! Sega fanboys are gonna go nuts on this one. Smash Bros. Brawls sales are gonna double now.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
The mascot battle everyone's wanted to see for almost two decades! Personally, I'm crazy excited!! (Though nowhere NEAR as excited as my sister will be... good lord, she might have a heart attack! XD)

Sure, Smash Bros. is about all things Nintendo, but mixing it up a bit makes for awesome surprises! Besides, Sonic's been in enough Nintendo games to count by now, eh?

AWH the trailer! Nice classic pose at the end there! This is AWESOME!

NiGHTS as an assist trophy would be the perfect cap to my day now..!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wow, it happened..

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
First Snake, now Sonic... who else is gonna jump the 3rd party bandwagon!?

You know what? Scratch that...

But it's still so cheesy to the point where it's actually kind of funny.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Bah, whatever. Sonic deserves the chance to kick Mario's ass. The damn fanbase wanted to see this for years. Olympic Games? forget that sh!t. This is what i'm talking about now. Welcome to the battlefield, Sonic. REALLY BLOODY glad you're in it.

Now, all i need is NiGHTS and i think i'll die from happiness.

Who knows bro, he could actually be fun to actually use, in the long run, but at the moment I don't like the idea.. And you know why.. XD Its that stubborn gamer in me I talked to you about so many times. Its like an insult! :angry: I have like a Scrubs imagination sequence going on where I see some big bad Nintendo guys with swirly mustaches and such and dramatic voices talking about putting Sonic in a Nintendo game as an insult and then seeing that its time for the to go tie another damsel to the tracks... XD

[/dramatization]

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Who knows bro, he could actually be fun to actually use, in the long run, but at the moment I don't like the idea.. And you know why.. XD Its that stubborn gamer in me I talked to you about so many times. Its like an insult! :angry: I have like a Scrubs imagination sequence going on where I see some big bad Nintendo guys with swirly mustaches and such and dramatic voices talking about putting Sonic in a Nintendo game as an insult and then seeing that its time for the to go tie another damsel to the tracks... XD

[/dramatization]

There there.. it took me some time to get adjusted to Snake (Honestly, I don't like him in Brawl just as much as you Sonic)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Really? I almost pissed myself when I saw that vid with him popping out of the box! *lol* At least he originated on the Nintendo, you know what I mean? Sonic... Well when we were kids we all had the idea in our heads that Sega and Nintendo were sworn enemies, right? XD

But yeah, I'll bet there's gonna be someone for everyone to be shocked about...:angry:

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
At least I can give both Snake AND Sonic a Peach-styled spanking! >D

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
.... Sexy. lol!!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Nah, I get what Purg is saying. It's a pretty cool addition and all, and Sonic's moves look fun (they remind me of Yoshi's but faster, actually) but the Nintendo child inside me is THRASHING ABOUT WITH RAGE. Snake was an AWESOME addition to brawl though- my housemate who never really cared about Smash is pumped for brawl because of Snake.

Smash Bros. Brawls sales are gonna double now

XD DUDE! Forget about sales of the game, this game was already going to sell CONSOLES for Nintendo. I've had about 6-7 of my friends tell me that they're buying a Wii because of Brawl in the past 6 hours alone!

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Nah, I get what Purg is saying. It's a pretty cool addition and all, and Sonic's moves look fun (they remind me of Yoshi's but faster, actually) but the Nintendo child inside me is THRASHING ABOUT WITH RAGE. Snake was an AWESOME addition to brawl though- my housemate who never really cared about Smash is pumped for brawl because of Snake.
XD DUDE! Forget about sales of the game, this game was already going to sell CONSOLES for Nintendo. I've had about 6-7 of my friends tell me that they're buying a Wii because of Brawl in the past 6 hours alone!

I already got a Wii. Does that count? :angry:

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I already got a Wii. Does that count? :angry:

...no <.<

Also, I might just note that the 3D model for sonic is GEORGOUS. It makes me laugh that Nintendo made a better 3D model of him than Sonic team did for Sonic NextGen. But seriously though, the texturing is GEORGOUS. (Then again, a friend pointed out to me that a LOT of the Brawl characters have better models than they do in their respective games (sich as Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine) I mean, just go look up Bowser's character page and oogle at those renders! Stunning! *_*

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I'm all for these sort of crossover shinanigans... look at Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, one of the greatest fighting games ever made... I would be all for having heaps of third party characters in Brawl, as long as they don't remove any of the decent established ones (I wouldn't have cried too much if the Ice Climbers hadn't returned), makes for a more interesting game when playing against friends as people can attempt to prove their favourite company/characters better!

And I have to agree with you there, Maki, Sonic looks spectacular in this game... though I personally preferred Yoshi and Bowser's designs from Melee XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Marvel VS Capcom is one of the dons of the beat 'em up catergory. 50+ characters had loads of fanboy/girls going nuts for it because it had characters that you wouldn't have imagined in a fighting game. Jill Valentine, whut up?
I think that the added 3rd party combatants in Brawl is a step towards something bigger. Other companies are gonna see this union and want to be part of the Smash Bros. lineup. As long as Nintendo are making it, it will look and play beautifuly because i admit that Nintendo are good at this sh!t. Sonic's character model does look sicker than most so Nintendo are capable of looking after other companies characters.

As for Sonic in Brawl. It's for that very reason, Purg, why his addition to the game is needed, i think. The old skool rivalry is back and it's on friendlier terms too meaning we can enjoy it for what it is without it getting too serious like how the rivalry used to be.
I say it's a welcome to a new age in gaming while keeping the old skool a part of it. When this game lands, bro, you can keep it original and bust it with the Nintendo class but i'm coming after your ass with this blue hedgehog, right here. XD Bringing the rain, bruv!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
*Wiggles fingers* OooOOOo! Bring it on, BROSEPH! :lol: I'm waiting for you! LIVE ON WRESTLE MANIA PAY PER VIEW!! HWAAAARRRRGH *hernia* .... sh!t!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Oh yeah, well when I grab a Wii and this game, I'll have Jack Johnston and Tom O'Leary rigth here waitin for ya.

Well. Assuming they make it in the 3d party lineup ._.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Well...lessee...Snake..and Sonic. This game is practicly in my hands. I already reserved it . :lol:

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
!!! What the hell !!! I'm excited now. I saw the pictures, then the trailer and I laughed and laughed. Sonic in Brawl, that’s an inspired move. What makes me laugh is that Nintendo seem to have captured the essence of Sonic better than Sega has managed to do for the past few years. The old school sound effects, the springs, the balancing on a ledge and the attitude; It’s all perfect. Suddenly this is my most wanted game.

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^
Wow... *cuts away the tension* I'm glad for one Sonic made it ^^

One side is excited, one side is against it... very tense!!!!

In the end: Sonic is sooo screwed XD
(Sonic Vs. Mario & Nintendo's Allstars)

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.

(Sonic Fanboy response) No chance. Sonic will kick all their arses before they even know whats happened!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
This game just became like, 124% more awesome. And way higher on my 'ZOMG MUST BUY' list. Good thing I might be getting a Wii within the week! I'll play brawl yet! And yes, I am a Sega girl. I had a Genesis waaaaay back when I was a wee lass, and Sonic 2 was my favorite game. Took bad it broke. We never got a nintendo console till the 64, either.. My fangirlism waned much with most of the recent games, but how I remember playing sonic in 3d for the first time on Dreamcast. THANK GOD THEY BROUGHT HIS OLD VA BACK. I HATED the 4kids one SO much..Ryan Drummond was so much better.

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^

(Sonic Fanboy response) No chance. Sonic will kick all their arses before they even know whats happened!

Sweet ^___^

(epiphany) here's my take...

Sonic: Well I'm here

Mario: I glad you made it

Sonic: Glad to be here Mario ^^

Mario: Me too ^^ *screams* Now!

*a straight bow from outta nowhere, strikes Sonic's foot*

Sonic: OWWWWW... What the F#@%?!!

Mario: *cracks knuckles* Let's go!!

*Link, Kirby and Pikachu storms in*

Mario: Welcome to our party ^^

Sonic: Help me??!! O_o

Its probably won't happen like that but you see the odds of Sonic winning is... not happening XD

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I for one am ecstatic. I held out hope that Sonic would be in, though seeing MArio in the olympics game I figured that was oging to be the premier crossover title of legend. I have both of these games preordered and have for some time, but last night was AMAZING for nintendo fans, as many great upcoming games were announced and some teaser footage shown. But this really topped it. This is what blew me the hell away. I really honestly didnt think the lbue bomber would be in it but there he is. So far, the wii is delivering my dream games on Nintendo AND Sega systems and doing it with style and quality. Ive always been one of those rare fans of both companies and though I had only nintendo systems, it was only because of lack of money that I didnt also have Sega ones. I played the hell out of my friends systems whenever I could. Sonic has an allure that is just as legendary as Mario. And seeing them both together in a spirited fighting game with all the bells and whistles....just...holy sh!t. Both companies still bring the magic, and Im extremely glad a lot of that magic is on the wii. Having Mariio Galaxy, Brawl, NiGHTS 2, and Samba De amigo in the same room and in my posession...Its just...amazing to think about. and in less than 3 months, it iwll all be a reality. I swear Im so happy I could cry- in a manly way of course.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
f*** yeah. Hopefully, Nintendo will choose the voice acter.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Wow... *cuts away the tension* I'm glad for one Sonic made it ^^

One side is excited, one side is against it... very tense!!!!

(Brawl cast are in a room, hanging out and making jokes about Fox's boots)
(Sonic walks in)
Sonic: Hey guys!
Brawl crew: *glare*
Sonic: ..what?

*snortlaugh*

Also
Snake: Otakon! What's this blue spiky thing?
Otakon: That's Sonic the Hedgehog, Snake. He's been Mario's biggest rival since the early 1990s. He's the fastest creature on the planet, and watch out for his spin attack.
Snake: That's... a Hedgehog?
Otakon: Yes Snake, that's a Hedgehog
Snake: Hmmm.. I wonder what it tastes like..
Otakon: Snaaake D:

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Stab it with a knife and you'll get a ration, which you can eat later, to restore health!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I will have to take Sonic and Mario and make them commit a lovers suicide as i love them equaly XD;
Though seeing Sonic bash Mario was great. About time!

I can see this giving me 2 hours sleep.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
It's weird... I went to the site, and before it got all the way loaded, I saw Challenger Aproaching! and Sonic under it. For some reason I didn't get all excited, then the rendered picture of him and the in game shots loaded, and I jumped outta my skin! Dont know if it was a delayed reaction (cuz i just got up and all), but that just made my day! Who knows, since Tomoko Sasaki is doing music for the game, maybe NiGHTS will at least be an assist trophy? That alone would be great! And to those who have said that it won't happen because of NiGHTS not being as popular or known, look at the other assist trophies! Can you honestly tell me that you know where every single assist trophy character comes from without looking it up?

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I will have to take Sonic and Mario and make them commit a lovers suicide as i love them equaly XD;
Though seeing Sonic bash Mario was great. About time!

I can see this giving me 2 hours sleep.

Yeah, I get the feeling I'm going to be addicted to online battles D:

Can you honestly tell me that you know where every single assist trophy character comes from without looking it up

Actually, yes! [nintendo geek] The more obscure the character, the cooler it is! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users