Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

phosphorus's Content

There have been 81 items by phosphorus (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69622 ~Resident Evil 5 Discussion Thread~

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 08:00 AM in Community Corner

Rented it, got bored fast. It's not scary outside of random shock value. It irritates me how they had to set up the AI like they did to compensate for the controls. I don't see how anyone could speak so highly of this game.

"Competent at best"

#77258 Your fave documentaries

Posted by phosphorus on 03 October 2009 - 01:09 AM in Community Corner

My favorite has to be the one about Bob Lazar. The whole thing is based solely in his story that he hired by the government to reproduce technology from a UFO. There isn't a shred of evidence that the whole thing isn't a complete fabrication.

#72229 Wii in HD Graphics

Posted by phosphorus on 12 July 2009 - 06:03 AM in Community Corner

Still has some graphical glitches, some textures aren't showing up, and it looks like a few effects aren't working either. Specifically, when the camera first zooms out to reveal that you're on a planetoid in space, that doesn't look right.

But still, this does not bode well for the Wii's technical prowess. You know how people were talking about how it was basically two Gamecubes taped together? I'm beginning to think that might be overstating it's power. On the other hand, I do appreciate the effort to lower the cost behind developing games, that's out of control.

#69166 What did you feel?

Posted by phosphorus on 16 April 2009 - 07:11 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Voices just don't fit NiGHTS. They managed to completely stomp on any "open to interpretation" the game might have had, and the dialog was just so corny.

#69623 What did you feel?

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 08:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

What did I feel? You mean after I realized that that was NiGHTS's voice I was listening to? "The f*** is this sh!t!?"

#66728 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by phosphorus on 20 January 2009 - 06:30 PM in Community Corner

Risky Ride Guitar Mix

#74208 Vote for NiGHTS on Gamespot!

Posted by phosphorus on 05 September 2009 - 06:55 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

NiGHTS has already been eliminated.

Don't waste your time, Travis Touchdown lost to Alucard. Irrelevance confirmed.

Bonk lost to Mario. Eh, cavemen tend to make sh!t characters.

NiGHTS lost to the price. Emos confirmed. Also note they used the box art from the new PoP game but the big picture is of the Prince from "The two thrones". These are two different characters, Game Spot.

Grizzled white guy from Jedi Game beat Dig Dug.

Parappa lot to Lara Croft... Seriously? People actually give a sh!t about her?

Lester K. Chaykin lost to Cloud Strife. For those who don't know, Lester is the main character from "Out of this World". You might have heard of it in interviews with Hideo Kojima where he was describing it as an inspiration.

Little Mac beat Phoenix Wright, and is going to be up against Cloud next, where he'll probably loose. This detail really grinds my gears, because Little Mac is a very inspirational character, beating the odds to become the WVBA champion. Cloud is a guy who likes to lie about his backstory and won't stop whining.

Pikachu Beat Nathan Drake. I don't have much of a view here.

I'm getting tired of writing these, but I want to mention one more: Megaman is beating Mike Haggar. Megaman is just a godamn robot who copies people's powers. Mike Haggar is a former pro wrestler mayor who has taken the law into his own hands when his daughter was kidnapped.

This is just as faggy as all the other best character poles.

#74258 Vote for NiGHTS on Gamespot!

Posted by phosphorus on 06 September 2009 - 05:29 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

For me, it really depends on which Prince it was. The latest Prince of Persia game is a reboot of the franchise, and it's new prince is rather annoying. But as for the old prince, I can't just overlook the time he spent as an Image Comics character.

#65392 Virtua Fighter 5R on consoles please

Posted by phosphorus on 15 December 2008 - 12:39 PM in Community Corner

Man, there needs to be a law that Sega must procure console ports of all of AM2's arcade games.

El Blaze is my primary, because his body is an unstoppable.........WEAPON!

#83068 Video Game Endings

Posted by phosphorus on 24 November 2009 - 06:40 AM in Community Corner

The Shadow in StH is the real Shadow. You have to spend like 8 minutes in the final Super battle to hear about it, though.

As for Panzer Dragoon Saga, your best bet for playing it would probably be to download it and play it in SFF.

R-Type Final's ending was pretty emotional, and a bit depressing owing to it being the bad end. Getting the good ending is an unbelivably arduous process - you have to unlock a bunch of ships and then complete an entire level on one life, no continues.

The ending to Majora's Mask always pulls at my heart strings, primarily when it comes to how little you actually fix. The existence of the natives of Termina hasn't been magically set right by Link, they still have their normal problems, but now it's not the end of the world, they can face them on their own.

#82497 Third Wave

Posted by phosphorus on 20 November 2009 - 07:01 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

That's great and all, but are you ever going to fix the banner?

#82508 Third Wave

Posted by phosphorus on 20 November 2009 - 10:43 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Tristan has basically a joke in the Sonic community. But really, is anyone going to fix the "Don't forget NiGHTS" banner?

#74678 Tekken 6

Posted by phosphorus on 11 September 2009 - 10:41 AM in Community Corner

I've always felt like Tekken has felt "off" somehow, it doesn't seem to move very well.

#69019 Team ICO Thread

Posted by phosphorus on 09 April 2009 - 05:36 AM in Community Corner

A movie can't contain SotC's story ark.
Spoiler

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the not-so-great Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells

Excuse my French, but... the f***? The writer from Legend of Chun-Li? How desperate could Sony be?

#65206 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Posted by phosphorus on 06 December 2008 - 09:03 AM in Community Corner

Man, this gameplay video makes me want a new Kikaioh game ("Tech Romancer" in the US, though I have no idea how that title relates to the game).

Man, it seems to me that neither Jin Satome nor Captain Commando (Capcom's first mascot!) are in the game. Actually, I'm kind of dissapointed with the selection of Capcom characters, not horribly, but outside of the Street Fighter Characters, I think I know more of the Tatsunoku guys than the Capcom guys. I know everyone from Gatchaman, Doronjo has a pair of helpers, so that's another 3. I'll admit, it's some bizarre coincidence that I know anyone outside of "G Force". But including a Vital suit over the BLODIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!? lame.

#76341 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Posted by phosphorus on 24 September 2009 - 03:56 AM in Community Corner

Gameplay with Frank West:

Spoiler

#76860 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 29 September 2009 - 11:37 PM in Community Corner

Urien makes perfect sense, he spent the time just prior to SF3 taking over the Illuminati. If you ask me, he should have been the villain from the start.

And T. Hawk's fighting pose looks silly in 3D, though I do like how much range he has on that focus attack. His Ultra does roughly 2/3 damage if it's powered up all the way. That's a nasty combination.

#69275 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 April 2009 - 07:55 PM in Community Corner

I think Cammy's Japanese VA was trying to imitate Cammy's Street Fighter 2 (CPS2) voice.

I was hopeing they would get the guy who did the voice for Guile in the dub of the animated Street Fighter 2 movie. You can't find many VA's who are willing to yell "SONIC BOOM" at the top of their lungs. But about the voice he actually got, Roy Mustang didn't really emote much, so there's no surprise there.

#79039 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 17 October 2009 - 02:02 AM in Community Corner

What kind of bugs me about Rufus is how inexplicably fast he is for such a morbidly obese man. It's like that Sumo chick from KoF in reverse!

As for Able, I found his moveset fun, but I could never get him to actually do anything all that effective. Does he have a single special that's safe on block? Oh well, Iron Tager managed to be everything I hoped Able would be.

Also, this article at Kotaku amuses me. Hey guys, I think I know how to improve this already interesting and unique design. Lets start from the bottom up and make her look like...every other generic martial artist ever.

Looking at that design made me think this line: "Just what the series needs! Another Shoto!, only it's a girl!".

#67667 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 19 February 2009 - 01:55 AM in Community Corner

I got one of those MadCatz "FightPads". It kind of looks like a Saturn Pad, but it's not as good. Apart from Arcade sticks, the Saturn Pad is the only controller I've ever used that never blamed for a loss, it's pretty much perfect. The FightPad is a definite upgrade over the regular 360 pad (and probably the PS3 pad as well), but there are a few problems with it. The D pad is much looser than the Saturn's, it's kind of tough to tell by feel where the cardinals end and the diagonals begin. The buttons feel the same as the regular 360, which I find to not be very good for this kind of thing. They aren't "smashy" enough. To be honest, it feels a bit over priced at $40 USD, but it's a lot cheaper than most arcade pads. I Haven't used one, but I'd probably recommend an EX2 over the fight pad. If you're hand with a Soldering Iron, you can buy a cheaper stick and replace the hardware with Sanwa parts. Much cheaper than the Tournament Edition.

I'm going to be looking around for arcade sticks. Come summer break (or maybe even spring break), I might rip the electronics out of a used EX2 and build my own pad. I happen to be pretty handy with a Soldering Iron.

#67728 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 February 2009 - 10:54 PM in Community Corner

My fightpad died. Lame.

#76647 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 27 September 2009 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

Oh, this is delicious...

#68456 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 19 March 2009 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

Yeah, if Seth starts to spam the teleport command throw combo there isn't much you can do.

spam standing jab. It's hilarious how often this will completely shut down the AI, especially against characters with no projectile.

Abel- Like his move set. He also has an awesome Ultra. Seriously, it's practically the Captain Storm. His super is strange though, if it wiffs or is blocked it looks like he was trying to glomp his opponent, but it's not a throw. Some of his moves are a bit of a pain to do with the correct timing on a 360 pad. Also, can you imagine the core strength required for him to do his command throw to Zangief?

C. Viper- She seems to simply not do enough damage. It's weird. She's more annoying than fun to use. Would be hilarious if her thunder grope was a super.

El Fuerte- I don't find him to be in good taste. I also find myself comparing him to El Blaze. El Fuerte is definitely not invincible beyond all imagination.

Rufus- He seems to me like the character designer just got lazy. I see no reason for this guy to be able to be able to what he does.

Seth- Looks really dumb. I would have preferred they make Urien this game's "big bad". Considering that this game is supposed to take place between II and III, it would have been the perfect time for Urien to become the president of the Illuminati. Instead, we get an army of clones to be used as bodies for Bison. I also find "compilation" characters to be really lame. Once again, Capcom has managed to disappoint me with almost laser like precision.

Gouken - Haven't had much time with him yet. His design seems... scatterbrained. His hurricane kick is his anti air, his DP goes forward, his Hadoken needs to be charged in order to do the same amount of damage as the others, and he has way too many moves.

Comboing into Ultras from focus attacks seems like a bit of a design flaw to me. I was dissapointed at the removal of having a selection of supers, but with the ability to combo into them, everyone would just use the one that does the most damage.

At first I thought Abel was going to be my favorite character (more than just his super reminds me of captain commando), but now I'm finding Sagat to be my favorite.

Could they have possibly made Guile's super/ultra harder to do? He's probably be my favorite if it weren't for that (America (f*** Yeah) plays in my head when I look at him). Its part of an overarching problem with this game, in spite of them knowing from day 1 that it was coming to the consoles, they still didn't design the game with the limitations of the regular controllers in mind.

#76713 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 28 September 2009 - 03:11 AM in Community Corner

I'd say Urien, but I don't really like SF IV that much.

#68821 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 29 March 2009 - 07:44 PM in Community Corner

Are these the day 1 DLC costumes?

Chun-Li (****)-Cool looking dress that shows a lot of leg. Think Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4. It's a pretty cool costume.

This one kind or demonstrated to me how freakish Chun Li's legs have become. They look fine in her regular costume (darker colors make it fade into the background, and thus look smaller), but this one doesn't have that luxury. I've never really been a fan of Chun-Li though, so I don't care too much.

Zangief (****)-It makes him look like Mike Haggar which is awesome because the two characters fight pretty much exactly the same. Love this outfit.

I like this one two, but if this is something I'm paying extra for, I'd rather they went all the way and just made Haggar.

Seth (**)-What do you get when you give Seth his suit from the cutscenes and take away the top half? Pants! Seriously, it's just his pants and shoes. It would have been awesome to get the whole suit but I guess the programmers didn't want to cover his abdomen.

They could have just had his shirt unbuttoned and (if he had one) get rid of his tie.

Fei-Long (**)-He's wearing a speedo and some weird looking gloves with shoes. There are also some claw scratches on his body. I don't know what to make of this outfit. I want to say it references a Bruce Lee film but I don't know.

It's pretty much verbatim from a Bruce Lee movie. IIRC, the guy he was fighting was dressed a bit like Vega (Claw). I know for sure he had a claw like Vega's.