Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Third Wave

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know the rules on this one.

Get it to all the gaming journal websites that NiGHTS is not in AllStars Racing as a playable character. Be very detailed in how you promote this news. Make sure it reads -
"NiGHTS is NOT a playable character in AllStars Racing outside of DLC." So show support for DLC of NiGHTS.

I will only burn our stuff if i'm proven wrong about NiGHTS being playable in the main final game that ships next year, outside of DLC.

Because he is not. The only way NiGHTS will be playable for ASR is via DLC, at which point the bet is void because it's inside DLC.

Now go, spread the fuss, make the noise, give SEGA their bloody numbers.

And let's do this sh!t!

Don't Forget NiGHTS~

--edit--
READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SPREAD THIS NEWS.

I have clearly stated time and time again, the statement is -
"NiGHTS is not PLAYABLE in ASR"

If you wish to further report this news, try taking this next paragraph and personalising it -

"DiGi Valentine from NiGHTSintoDreams.com knows NiGHTS is not a PLAYABLE character in ASR. He's so certain of this he has made a bet. The bet stands at that he will burn his entire NiGHTS merchandise collection should he be proven wrong on the fact that NiGHTS is not a playable character in ASR outside of being DLC.

He has tried to raise awareness of NiGHTS being absent from the final character roster via other methods but nobody would believe what he was telling them as NiGHTS is an always expected.

DiGi knows NiGHTS is not playable and therefore has made this bet to prove his campaign is legit in it's information.

He wishes for fans to support NiGHTS as a DLC item as NiGHTS should have his rightful place racing the other characters in the game and not be left out."

Just take that and work with it. I'm writing this after the video, i'm really really tired right now.

As long as you state - "NiGHTS is not PLAYABLE in ASR" instead of "NiGHTS is not in ASR".
Don't twist my words because i know what i've been saying.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I....honestly don't know how to feel. I didn't even watch the broadcast but I get the gist of what's going on, and I'm not sure if I'm just confused from not seeing the whole thing or in shock because of the general direction this all is heading.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
DiGi, the biggest thing I've noticed thus far in trying to spread the word is that nobody seems to believe "your word." Is there any solid evidence (emails, etc) you're willing to show or post that can back up what you say so I can get more people to believe?

It really is difficult being a NiGHTS fan. But now's our time to fight!

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Got it!
Saw your collection, it's inspiring. I know that you guys are telling the truth, because I'd hate to see all that purple go into flames...

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*
  • Guests
Wait, i don't get it... should i post this on sites that say that NiGHTS is in the game, or that says he isn't?

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I'll try to find some german gaming news sites, and register there to spread the word. Maybe it'll help a bit.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
This really just makes me sad, because now, either way, the fanbase loses somehow.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

DiGi, the biggest thing I've noticed thus far in trying to spread the word is that nobody seems to believe "your word."

It's all i've got so run with it.

Take it, go en mass to Kotaku and everywhere showing it.

Support, all of you! Get the word out that NiGHTS is NOT PLAYABLE in ASR and we need to fight for DLC of him.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Throwing in the tip to Kotaku. They'll probably need more than just one, so please, TIPS@KOTAKU.COM, NOW!!!

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

I'm sorry. This has just gotten WAY out of control. You'd really do something drastic if you found out NiGHTS was playable? I...can hardly even speak. I am a NiGHTS fan and will support the guy, but at this level? I'm sorry. This is as far as I go. I'm not going ANYWHERE posting this. I'm done. All I seem to have left is my own hopes and dreams, the fact that I believe NiGHTS is playable. You're no NiGHTS fans, you're FANBOYS/GIRLS. You go to the extreme to get your way, it seems. I love NiGHTS. Not to do this much damage, though. How could you...

Oh be quiet and join neogaf =P you would fit in perfectly. As long as you sent emails then you already supported the cause, weather you like it or not =P

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I am completely lost.

Did the information of NiGHTS not being in ASR come from the same guy who told you about JoD back in 2006? It's not that I don't trust you, I just want to know where this is all coming from. If it's classified and you can't tell us, that's fine. But why include Billy Hatcher, who's game flopped harder than any NiGHTS game, but not NiGHTS? Why include Alex Kidd when he hasn't had a game for himself since 1990? Why include Ryo Hazuki when the Shenmue games did more financial damage to Sega than any other IP? Why include Beat when Jet Grind Radio Future did just as well as Shenmue II did, being on the Xbox and all? I just don't understand.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I....honestly don't know how to feel. I didn't even watch the broadcast but I get the gist of what's going on, and I'm not sure if I'm just confused from not seeing the whole thing or in shock because of the general direction this all is heading.

Once they said what they said all sh!t hit the fan. I felt this feeling of dread come over me. It's like that ultra heavy disappointing feeling, know what I'm saying? Like I saw someone get hit by a car and they're all over the freeway type of feeling. Well maybe not that bad but you get the idea. Too keep it simple my stomach dropped. The whole burning bet didn't help either. I'll try to contact GiantBomb since I visit there a lot.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

How could you...

I'm not going to burn it because NiGHTS IS NOT A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN ASR, YOU BLIND FOOL!

Wake up.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I don't know what to tell gaming sites... DiGi could you like make a template like you did with the letter? This is all so crazy and I don't know how to organize the info in a presentable way.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I am completely lost.

You think i understand SEGA's logic? I don't care, all i know is what we're fighting for and we're fighting for NiGHTS DLC because he's not in ASR.

I would not LIE about this.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Kotaku tipped, now working on getting SegaNerds to run the story...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

DiGi could you like make a template like you did with the letter?

I'll get on it in a little while and update the first post with it. Might take a bit ...i'm kinda drained right now.

Kotaku tipped, now working on getting SegaNerds to run the story...

Ask Graham, personaly. I met the guy, he's safe. Tell him if he wants to talk to me on a more personal level about the whole thing then he can.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

You think i understand SEGA's logic? I don't care, all i know is what we're fighting for and we're fighting for NiGHTS DLC because he's not in ASR.

I would not LIE about this.

Even for Sega logic this is ridiculous. I thought the company was over crap like this. Nonetheless, I trust you enough to join the cause.

I guess you can't answer my question about the insider source.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I'm just gonna post a link in the ASR topic at neogaf. The way the SEGANerds forum is going I can't imagine how rude neogaf would be if I posted the whole story there.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.

I am completely lost.

Did the information of NiGHTS not being in ASR come from the same guy who told you about JoD back in 2006? It's not that I don't trust you, I just want to know where this is all coming from. If it's classified and you can't tell us, that's fine. But why include Billy Hatcher, who's game flopped harder than any NiGHTS game, but not NiGHTS? Why include Alex Kidd when he hasn't had a game for himself since 1990? Why include Ryo Hazuki when the Shenmue games did more financial damage to Sega than any other IP? Why include Beat when Jet Grind Radio Future did just as well as Shenmue II did, being on the Xbox and all? I just don't understand.

I'll answer your question with a question of my own.
Why do they add Ulala to everything? Because she has a huge fanbase, as does these characters.
Well, except Alex Kidd... But nevertheless, people enjoy seeing these characters, especially since they know that some of these characters (like sweet Ulala) will never get another game again.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I guess you can't answer my question about the insider source.

If i could i would have answered that in the video but that's not something i'm able to discuss.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Ask Graham, personaly. I met the guy, he's safe. Tell him if he wants to talk to me on a more personal level about the whole thing then he can.

I'm trying but these new forums are frustrating to work with. That and Sega Uranus, Kogen, and some of the other regulars are backlashing us and NiGHTS so strongly that everything's becoming a huge flame war, leaving me to wonder if I might get banned from their forums soon...

...which is why I'm never leaving this one. I take the intelligence and common sense on these forums for granted. Wow.

DiGi you're probably best off going to Graham directly.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
People still doubt this? On this forum? Tsk tsk. Not a good idea.

Shock of the broadcast aside, I'm feeling really pumped. But I don't get out much and need to be pointed in the right direction for helping out the third wave. If someone could snap their fingers and tell me where to go, what to do, what to say, consider me part of your little horde of minions.

As my experience on other forums and sites is absolutely zero *Hangs head in shame*

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Holy sh!t dude...this is insane. I'm on your side DiG', if you say NiGHTS isn't in the game, i believe you completely.

Let's do this thing. For NiGHTS.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

People still doubt this? On this forum? Tsk tsk. Not a good idea.

Shock of the broadcast aside, I'm feeling really pumped. But I don't get out much and need to be pointed in the right direction for helping out the third wave. If someone could snap their fingers and tell me where to go, what to do, what to say, consider me part of your little horde of minions.

As my experience on other forums and sites is absolutely zero *Hangs head in shame*

I know my voice falls upon deaf ears but I still send messages and make posts. It's like I know I'm not getting through to people but I don't care at all.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I hope Sega doesn't sneak NiGHTS in at the last second. Dx

Sorry that people are so against you, DiGi. We know you'd never lie. :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
yeah DiGi these people on SEGA nerds aren't getting it, but wizey knows we're trying!

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I know my voice falls upon deaf ears but I still send messages and make posts. It's like I know I'm not getting through to people but I don't care at all.

Which is always a great effort of endeavor, and an important one, I applaud your efforts and thank you!

But I am saying that I know absolutely no gaming sites and areas to post. Shame on me DX

All hail DiGi and TRiPPY, and weird looks to those who doubt! *Hero worship*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

This really just makes me sad, because now, either way, the fanbase loses somehow.

No. We lose nothing if you all ask SEGA for NiGHTS as DLC.

I would never risk my merch that i love so much, and all those sentimental items, for a cause i didn't know 100% was true.

Ask SEGA for NiGHTS.

Go on.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I just sent something into goNintendo. They cover a lot of stuff and get a lot of views. Hopefully they will be nice enough to put it up, even if it's not related to Nintendo. They put up the Toejam and earl rumors

Hi RMC, or whoever receives this e-mail.
This is only a rumor, but you need to treat it as more! PLEASE! It's important.
NiGHTS is NOT playable in SEGA All-Stars Racing, and gamers need to push for NiGHTS as DLC.

This is SERIOUS, this is not a prank. The admins at NiGHTSintodreams.com are making a bet.

Hers the deal:
If NiGHTS is not playable in SEGA All Stars Racing when the game comes out (excluding DLC) then DiGi and TRiPPY will burn all their NiGHTS merchandise. This isn't just some small collection, it's a room full of NiGHTS merchandise, that could go well over 10,000 dollars in value.

Here is the video where they make a bet:
http://www.livestream.com/imagni

The reason they are making this bet is because they KNOW NiGHTS won't be in SEGA All Stars racing and they want people/gamers/SEGA fans to push for NiGHTS in the game as DLC! This is very important and the NiGHTS fanbase would be very thankful if you post this up as an important featured story.

More info about the bet
http://www.nightsint...?showtopic=3627

More info about contacting SEGA
http://www.nightsint...?showtopic=3591

Nightsintodreams.com hopepage:
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/

Please help us out! Don't forget NiGHTS!
- ShadiWulf

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

No. We lose nothing if you all ask SEGA for NiGHTS as DLC.

I would never risk my merch that i love so much, and all those sentimental items, for a cause i didn't know 100% was true.

Ask SEGA for NiGHTS.

Go on.

Way ahead of you on that, don't worry. :)

I mean more

NiGHTS in game = losing merch

NiGHTS not in game = forsaken/ignored fanbase + icon

See what I mean?

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I am watching it but have to go to work soon, so will watch it properly tomorrow! It was very moving to see how serious you guys are, and I am sure it will all pay off! :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Thanks Shadi, you're brilliant xx

I'm trying to get my head together after all that. Going to give you guys the resources but i'll need help with getting the video onto Youtube since i don't have a directors account. I also have to figure out where the hell the raw file saved to on my pc. Failing that, i need somebody to click the on demand button on the player and record from the screen, then upload it to big sites like veoh and Youtube so this gets around. My own server and Livestream wont be able to support the amount of views this will eventualy get.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Got a response back from RMC, he already had it up

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=104866

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I could upload it to YouTube since i have a director's account.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
this Barry the Nomad, he's actually listening to what i have to say somewhat, and joking around with me, seems like a pretty civil person :( alas, still some negativity on this front...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Got a response back from RMC, he already had it up

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=104866

Most excellent.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Can someone correct whoever said that NiGHTS was confirmed at SoS on GoNintendo?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Edited the top post but i'm not thinking too well right now so the copy/paste text is sloppy.

Just make sure when spreading this news it's in the context of NiGHTS not being a playable character in ASR. He is not in the final line up for playable characters in ASR.

I don't want anybody saying i said "NiGHTS not in the game entirely". For all i know they might throw his ass back into cameos again. My point stands that he's not a playable character and he should be because it's an AllStars game.

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Right now I have a very mix of feelings. But I believe you. I don't know what your facts are based upon, but I believe that you are sure about this. I do think that burning all that merchandise is a bloody crazy idea, but that just proves how sure you are. I haven't been here for much long so maybe I can't feel the same way you do, but I also love NiGHTS for the sole reason of inspiration he gives. I may not understand the situation completely, but I can understand how frustrating and enraging it is, to find out that your favorite character is not in the All Stars game, after all those years of supporting him.

I may not be able to do much, but I will make as much noise as I can and support NiGHTS in the ways I can.
I wish you good luck, people. I hope we'll get through this and get the NiGHTS DLC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users