Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your fave documentaries

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I do so enjoy eating dinner and watching an informative topical docu. If you find any good ones link them here and I'll do the same. I always love wathcing shows about space, UFO's, the future, time travel, creation, ghosts, New world Order, war and unsolved mysteries. Not big into crime ones, but usualy end up watching them until the end because i like to guess who the culprit is.

Watched anything good recently?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Planet Earth, hands down. I recommend getting it on DVD. (not gonna bother looking for it online but I bet it's around.. someplace.)

It's sooooooo awesooooooome..... It's the whole planet like you've never seen it before! It's pure scenerypr0n. And would make a great creative reference. :D

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Oh man, I also love to watch nutty fringe documentaries on Google video while I'm eating dinner. So this is a topic I approve of! I like watching Penn & Teller's Bullshit but YouTube normally takes those down pretty quickly so I can't provide any links.

Anyway, I found these a few months ago. But they aren't the cool time-travel, UFO, type documentaries but instead document some pretty disturbing lifestyles? Total opposite ones!
Here's a BBC documentary, Louis Theroux - The Most Hated Family in America. It is pretty much incredibly rage inducing? Horrifying stuff about what is probably the most homophobic Christian sect I'm aware of.

Another pretty scary one is a documentary on NAMBLA (a pedophile organization) entitled "Chicken Hawks: The Men Who Love Boys". There is a good chance you will want to take a shower after watching it... it's pretty sketchtastic!
IN SIX PARTS ON YOUTUBE: One Two Three Four Five Six

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh man i adore Louis Theroux! I try to watch as many of his shows as possible. He done a good one on Crystal Meth addiction lately.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Bullshit! is a pretty great series. I don't know if could be considered documentary, but I've always been really fond of NOVA. One of my personal favorite episodes was one called The Elegant Universe. The episode introduced me to the rather mind blowing concept of string theory.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I've never heard of Bullshit! before (lol), i only remember their magic show.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

I've never heard of Bullshit! before (lol), i only remember their magic show.

Don't know how long this will stay up, but just to give you an idea here is a bit of their fairly recent episode on lie detectors.

Part 1
Part 2

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I have two documentaries that I like watching: the first is Bowling for Columbine (sorry, long day and my spelling sucks) and the Great Happiness Space: Tales of an Osaka Love Thief.

BFC is sort of a documentary about the shootings in the Columbine High School, gun control, violence in America, and the tendency of its residence to throw the blame on anything that's close by.

Great Happiness Space is a documentary about the star player in a real Japanese host club, although after watching it, I can officially say that Tamaki and his crew have it kind of easy. Unfortunately, Youtube took it down.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I love horror movies.
I love B-Movies.
I love old televison.
I love weirdos.

What do you get when you cross those four loves? Horror Hosting, of course! For those unfamiliar with the concept, it was introduced when early television networks needed movies to fill their schedules. How do you differentiate one movie from the next? In the Fifties, a unique host was the answer to everything. Horror hosts caught on, and eventually became cult figures in their local stations, often introducing the night's dreadfully campy movie with puns, craziness, or even seductive spookiness. American Scary is a great history of the genre, with fun interviews with varipus hosts. Neil Gaiman fans will like the end, which is devoted very much to him.

Parts are on YouTube, and the whole thing can be seen on Netflix.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
;) Thanks for all these suggestions guys! I'll have a very informative week ahead of me haha.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
My favorite has to be the one about Bob Lazar. The whole thing is based solely in his story that he hired by the government to reproduce technology from a UFO. There isn't a shred of evidence that the whole thing isn't a complete fabrication.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
"Raymond's Ultimate Conspiracy Video List" - from the website of some folks who make interesting podcasts.
Because conspiracies and weirdness are always fun.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The Worlds Most Important 6 Second Drumloop

I honestly can't believe how one 6 second drumloop went on to not only shape hip hop music but pretty much ENTIRELY created the Drum and Bass genre and then furthermore changed musical-jingles and advertisements, effectively altering a big part of the world of music.

This documentary may be short but this is something i feel a lot of people should watch.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

The Worlds Most Important 6 Second Drumloop

I honestly can't believe how one 6 second drumloop went on to not only shape hip hop music but pretty much ENTIRELY created the Drum and Bass genre and then furthermore changed musical-jingles and advertisements, effectively altering a big part of the world of music.

This documentary may be short but this is something i feel a lot of people should watch.

That's truly amazing. I never would have guessed that the funky beat at the beginning of Sonic Heroes was actually a sample.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Holy woahs! Noctourne I totaly forgot about that one XD;;;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Interesing, huh? The drum loop made it in to Sonic Heroes. I wonder how many other games it's in. I was partly thinking it was in Sonic CD's Stardust Speedway Present Jap/Eur version but it's not. Sounds similar in style though. Definitely inspired by the Amen Break, if anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users