Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Lady Spritzy's Content

There have been 158 items by Lady Spritzy (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65375 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 15 December 2008 - 01:00 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

hmmm.... for some reason, I wonder what songs NiGHTS would have on an mp3 player... prolly sonic music, because she'd be sick of music from her own video game.
what do you guys think?

#67767 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 22 February 2009 - 01:32 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Also, NiGHTS and Barney are awfully similar... both purple, both hug little kids, both like to dance around, they both like music, they're both usually over-the-top happy...
And if they dualized, life would REALLY become a nightmare. T-T

o.O ... that's quite a disturbing-yet-true observation.

random thought: SA2 mentions a NiGHTS hotel, right? i wonder what the interior decor is like... maybe a different character theme for each room, with the lobby filled with Nightopians/Ideya? (I do plan on incorperating this into a fanfiction later, but I haven't gotten to that point yet... but STILL...)

#65200 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 06 December 2008 - 12:39 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

random thoughts: does NiGHTS ever walk on the ground, or does she have an electromagnetic field that doesn't allow her to? maybe that field helps her fly, and the twinkle dust is just poison to use on the pians?

#67856 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 25 February 2009 - 03:03 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

A Nightmaren on Elm Street? A NiGHTS-mare on Elm Street? I can't help but picture Reala in Freddy's outfit...muahahahaha!

With the dreamers being terrorized by a chainsaw-wielding Reala? Or maybe even NiGHTS (if you go for the NiGHTS-mare on Elm Street title)... And one of the settings being NiGHTS Hotel... (lol, running joke- okay, not really, but still...)

#67955 Your Random JOD though of the day?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 28 February 2009 - 01:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

My random JoD thought of the day: Chasing after Octopaw can be addicting if you're aiming for a really high link count record and you're really persistent at getting said link count record. Also: Delight City (or at least the Broadway mission thing) can be blinding.

And Pians come up with weird names.

Trust me, I spent a good hour or two getting my A ranks on all Octopaw missions- and you've got to get a 100 link for that (my highest is two-sixty or so). Absolutely fun.
I absolutely abhor (does that have two r's?) Broadway Guide, but that's just me.
And yes, their names are extremely wierd. Maybe the names are just thoughts more random than this thread?

Random Thought- I went to the Cirque de Sol (or something like that) a while back. Their costumes reminded me of NiGHTS characters (except for the drag-clown, but that's beside the point.)

#66892 Your favourite place

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 25 January 2009 - 01:21 AM in Community Corner

Yosimite National Park in California. Absolutely gorgeous, with waterfalls everywhere you turned, thick trees, and of course, Al Capitan (not sure how you spell it. It's a giant, sheer rock face, though.) My dad and I went on a hike there, but we forgot water bottles like the fools we were. So, we ended up drinking from a natural spring. All I have to say about that is... TAKE THAT, BOTTLED WATER!
I suggest going if you ever can.
Other than that, Hawaii's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not really a big fan of tropical fruit, and that's about all they had. And in Honolulu, milk was eight bucks a gallon.

#65465 You've gotta see this Sonic vid!

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 19 December 2008 - 01:59 AM in Community Corner

i'm going to try and voice act/give ideas for these. they're definately something i'd like to be a part of.

#65505 WORST gameing moments...

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 19 December 2008 - 09:54 PM in Community Corner

i forgot this one earlier, and that's odd, since I play loads of RPG's. GRINDING.

#65464 WORST gameing moments...

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 19 December 2008 - 01:52 AM in Community Corner

hmmm...

1- (since it's worst gaming moments, i'm going to take card games into consideration as well.) in magic the gathering when you either have no mana or have no spells.

2- cannon's core level in SA2. originally, i had to have a friend's older brother beat it for me...

3- accidentally hitting the "help" or whatever it was button on the menues in sonic heroes, and being forced to listen to omochao.

4- gathering the chaos emeralds in sonic heroes

5- trying to "snag" an entire pokemon team in either colliseum or gale of darkness.

6- sky road (or babylon garden) in sonic riders

7- getting all the dragon eggs and light gems in spyro: a heroes tail

8- losing a legendary/one-time pokemon because it used struggle when it only had one HP (happened to me with regirock back in sappire version)

9- having nothing but garbage blocks all the way to the top of the screen in tetris attack

10- tutorial modes that you have to sit through, even though you've played the game a million times before...

i could probably keep going on and on, but i'll stop for now...

#65560 WORST gameing moments...

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 22 December 2008 - 03:30 AM in Community Corner

Man, I at first saw what was hard about Babylon Garden in Sonic Riders, but after about 3 tries, it was pretty easy. =/

eh, for me it's more sky road than babylon garden that's giving me the trouble. which kinda sucks, because i want to see how good NiGHTS is in sonic riders.

#66850 Why more people need to play the original!

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 23 January 2009 - 04:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Hmm... this may belong elsewhere, but I'd love to play the original. however, i don't have the money or means to play NiD. so, anyone know where i could find a good saturn emulator, along with a good NiGHTS rom? that's about all I'd be able to do...

#65276 Who was the first boss you ever played?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 09 December 2008 - 09:14 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Girania.
Yeah, I knows, I'm lame like that.
Unless you count the NiGHTS pinball from Sonic Adventure...

#67471 Who is your favourite comicbook character

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 14 February 2009 - 03:13 AM in Community Corner

Hmm... Manga wise, it's a hard desicion between
Spoiler
(Yu-Gi-Oh!) or Jet, AKA 002 (Cyborg 009)
Comic wise, I'm saying Spiderman or Superman. Too bad it's not cartoons, or I'd have to say Justice League's version of Martian Man Hunter.

#65156 Which sounds more esteemed? Vistor or Dreamer?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 04 December 2008 - 03:16 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm a go with the popular vote here and say "Visitor". To me, dreams are more like a vacation than an escape from reality (because I'm so messed up in my head), so it feels more like a tour guide trying to be polite.
But that's just me.

#65213 Which sounds more esteemed? Vistor or Dreamer?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 06 December 2008 - 08:22 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I like the sound of dreamer better but after awhile it would get annoying too. Maybe a mix of visitor and dreamer?

I like that idea. Maybe even come up with something else, too. Like Trespasser...
Just kidding about the trespasser part. But they really need to mix it up.

#66193 Which NiGHTS character do you relate to the most?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 08 January 2009 - 01:27 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

OCTOPAW! D:

If I may ask, how so?

#65234 Which NiGHTS character do you relate to the most?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 08 December 2008 - 02:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'll say Jackle because I have a tendency to weird people out and laugh manaically.

just like my friend laura-cha!

#65214 Which NiGHTS character do you relate to the most?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 06 December 2008 - 08:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Reala, definately. Undyingly loyal to and defensive of those who have proven themselves worthy of it, and those who betray me become eternal enemies. Also very good at hiding my true intent/emotions, and am very disappointed in myself when I fail others.

... wow. My loyalty has nearly killed me in the past, just as well as it's saved me from itself. I need mental help, don't I?

#67680 Where's Reala?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 19 February 2009 - 03:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You need all C ranks on all your missions (including boss fights). I believe all A's is alternate music in the Dream Gate or something like that. But all C's will get the alternate ending. And once you get it, you can't go back to the other ending, either.

#67906 Where's Reala?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 26 February 2009 - 02:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

No, you only need to go back through Bellbridge.

#66404 What one bit of merch

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 13 January 2009 - 01:34 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Reala plush, hands down. Then he could sit on my bed next to Sonic, Shadow, Legend, Pegasus, and Stargazer. (Yes, I like benie babies) That way, I could drag the plush around the Naka-con next time it comes aroun.

#65415 What Makes a Villain?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 17 December 2008 - 12:34 AM in Community Corner

Oh, I see, thanks. But since you said about Wizeman, "he hasn’t really had much of a chance to prove himself", so what do you think Wizeman is lacking to be a real villain?
Also, shouldn't you edit your first post or something? To keep track of the full list and traits.

Suggestion taken, first post is modified with the lists of the villains added, along with who thought they should go up there, as well as the new/modified trates.

And on to a response, let's take a look at the full list as of now:
Forsight: It's hard to tell whether or not Wizeman can look into a situation before he sends a Nightmaren into it. Since he's lost to NiGHTS as much as he has, without really changing a tactic (in the couple of games that there's been, that is) I'm prolly going to have to say no.

Tanacity: He's got that one, for sure.

Threatening: Yes, he has this one, in looks and manner.

Smart/Intellectual: He's not called Wizeman for nothing, huh. But he's never really doing anything, just having his Maren do so.

Powerful: Yes and no. Yes because he's created Nightmare/the Maren. No because he's lost to one of his own creations. (Then again, it was really only twice, and he hasn't really stepped in)

Is a giant thorn in the protaganist's side: Another yes and no. If he stepped in to do more of the work more often, it would probably be more of a yes.

Has subordinates: While this is kind of a lesser category, yup. Otherwise, there'd be no NiGHTS.

Manipulative: Not really. He can manipulate his Maren, but not his enemies, so it doesn't really count.

Flexible: He hasn't been in enough situations to actually show whether or not he can wriggle his way out of them. But, from what we've seen, no, he can't.

Evil: By the definition I've put (for personal reasons) yes, he is. But then, people have been downplaying this category, so by all means, don't add this one to the tally.

Awe-Inspiring: I'll admit it, Wizeman's got this one in my book. Not only is he awesome to look at, but his manner is amazing.

Relatable: Heck no. No where near human, (but he is the King of Nightmares) and he's too much of a mystery to say enough about him to say "Hey, I like that character for his traits, no matter how grim they may be."

Memorable: Yeah, he's got that one. I mean, how many other floating, decorated, cape wearing behemoths do you come across?
Posted Image
Never mind.

Has ulterior motives: Eh. Haven't really heard enough from him to know whether or not he does. Thus, he hasn't had enough time.

For several of these, I note that he really hasn't had enough screen time (if you can call it that) to show me whether or not he's villain material. Even before I put this topic up, I've been debating in long, tedius arguments as to whether or not I should add Wizeman to the list, and frankly, the poor guy just needs a bit more time to prove himself. However, if SEGA makes another game and does a crappy job of it, it wouldn't really count, would it? Maybe if the list expands, he'll be able to gain the title in my eyes.

#65402 What Makes a Villain?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 16 December 2008 - 04:10 AM in Community Corner

Funmuch stuff to think about. Here’s some fun replies, in order:

To Saifer
YES! Lots of villains seem to be hot (not eggman, persay…) but hey!

To Kentilan
Hmmm… You prolly want some clarifications, huh?
First, when I said ‘foresight’, I meant it to mean that even before a villain starts in on a plan, he/she’s pretty much ready for most anything that might pop up. When I said ‘flexible’, I was going for when a villain’s in trouble, they can get themselves out of it. So, basically, it’s a matter of when.
Second, when I said smart, I meant they know what’s going on around them. However, when I said clever, I meant manipulative. Sorry, bad word choice on my part.
However, I don’t take back the awe-inspiring comment. A good villain is someone you hate to love (to use a horrible cliché) They gain your respect as well as your spite. Thus, the whole “If they weren’t evil” definition…
Anyway, when a villain works with their enemy, it’s for self-preservation. Nothing else. That’s why I put that one in there. Not to mention, each of the people on my list have put aside their differences with their respective protagonists at least once or so. They’d never switch sides completely/at all.
And as for Wizeman, I haven’t quite everybody who has made “Villain” back. For example- Evil Bakura. And no, don’t go off the one from the anime (that sucked). Wizeman’s borderline “Villain”, but he’s hasn’t really had much of a chance to prove himself.

To Nemoide
Hmmm… intriguing thought. Kinda like how Achilles might not actually be a good guy ‘cause he’s such a jerk? I think I’ll contemplate this angle.
Understandable makes sense. Makes it more shocking when a villain’s closer to real people.
However, I’ve never thought of a villain as being run by an emotion such as love… but I’m not quite sure what else it would be…

To Zero-Shift
Heck, 3-D is always good for any character, villain or not. The only thing it’s not good for is Mary Sues. Okay, I admit, cookie-cutter baddies suck. Big time. Best example I can think of right now is probably Jack Spicer from Xialin Showdown. (And thus, why cardboard baddies suck…)
Anyway! When a character’s a foil to the protagonist, I always think of them more as a rival or anti-hero, like Kaiba to Yugi (Yes, I’m a huge Yu-Gi-Oh fan), Shadow to Sonic, or Riku to Sora. Dang, I meant to put memorable in the original list. Thanks for brining that one up. Motives are always important, and if they mirror humanity, it makes it more shocking. And as for your list, I only know Megabyte, Liquid Snake, Magneto, and Joker. And I agree wholeheartedly.

To Tinfoil
Yup. The one downfall to villains, and thus, why they can be taken down. If they knew all their faults and had them covered, the protagonist would have one heck of a time taking them down.

And, finally, to InTheNightlight
Hmmm… bringing us back to the same “doing it for the greater good in their skewed little minds” argument. Why don’t we just call that ulterior motives? So much easier to say.
I do like the thought of a villain trying to break their enemy. Either make ‘em quit, or recruit them.
And as for Tails Doll, ever seen the Sonic Shorts…?

So, in conclusion:
-People got added to the list. Huzzah!
-“Clever” is changed to “Manipulative”
-Gonna go with “Relatable” as being the “Understandable” being added.
-“Memorable” is added, like it was originally supposed to be…
-“Has ulterior motives” is also added, encompassing what kind of motives, as long as the actual motives.

#65419 What Makes a Villain?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 17 December 2008 - 02:01 AM in Community Corner

I'm sorry, but I need clarification. Are we talking about what we personally think makes a good villain or just a villain in general? If we're talking about the former, fine, but if we're talking about the latter, then I think your list of qualities is far too excessive. A villain just needs to be a character in fiction who antagonizes the main character and generally causes negative effects to them.

Also, in regards to your response about hero foils. By this notion, would Joker be an anti-hero in the Batman comics? If not, why? Also, I'm pretty sure anybody can be a rival including villains, anti-heroes, and even other heroes.

Oh, and Mary Sues are almost without exception poorly written characters to begin with. Can't say I can ever recall seeing a Mary Sue villain though.

Mkay, I'll see what I can do to help clarify.
When I say "Villain", I mean the baddest of the bad. Not just an antagonist, or a baddie, or even that guy that looks funny at the main character. I mean someone who makes you a little scared to go to bed at night because they're out there. So, probably someone you'd call a good villain.

About the foils. I guess there's two kinds of foil, isn't there? One that's out to get rid of the hero, or one that's just trying to compete with the hero. I've never been able to read the Batman comics, but from what I've seen in the cartoon and from Justice League, Joker is definately a Villain, not an anti-hero.

And with the Mary Sue comment I made, it was more to make a point, but that's something I think I want to strive for, a Mary Sue villain... Uh-oh, the wheels are starting to turn...

#65406 What Makes a Villain?

Posted by Lady Spritzy on 16 December 2008 - 01:31 PM in Community Corner

Sorry, but could you clarify this? I don't understand the first sentence, and the example you mentioned (Evil Bakura) doesn't help, since I don't know much about him.

Sorry, didn't quite come across very clear. My bad.
What I meant to put (but was a little too off to put) was that I didn't have time to put everyone I thought made "Villain" status up on my short list at the top. Those were just a few examples, really. And as for Evil Bakura, I think he's earned the title of "Villain"