Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Chan Kaylore's Content

There have been 86 items by Chan Kaylore (Search limited from 05-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#5643 Zero's NiGHTS stuff (UPDATE!)

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 19 May 2007 - 01:19 AM in Creative Stuff!

Wow, those are some impressive plushies! You have such an eye for detail too; all their gems etc look great. Really want that Reala plushie now XD He's adorable ;)

#6016 Zero's NiGHTS stuff (UPDATE!)

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 22 May 2007 - 08:07 AM in Creative Stuff!

Oh gosh, that Jackle dollie looks adorably insane XD His horns are perfect, and I love the addition of a little card for him. Incredible work <3

#5408 Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 03:09 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm going with Puffy on this one; she was one of the most irritating and long boss battles for me, simply because I had the aim of a drunken spoon.

#4986 Your gender

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 12 May 2007 - 04:22 AM in Poll Area

Somewhat female here, last time I checked.

Aaaand it's back to 50/50 again.

#7992 Yo diggity

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 22 June 2007 - 09:15 AM in Introduce Yourself

Heya, welcome back to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

#5406 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 03:05 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't have all the A's, nor do I want them, I just wanna enjoy the game.

Seconded! Although...it would be nice to say I've actually achieved one? Maybe? ^^;

#5379 Who finished the game?~

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 16 May 2007 - 12:28 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Have the Saturn and NiD, but sadly never finished it. Although I watch some of the video clip on Score Attack and sort sit there like a stunned mullet (it'd be nice to actually get higher than a C ranking one of these days XD)

Ahahaha, and I...never beat Wizeman once... *brick'd from hardcore gamers* I always run out of time before even looking at the guy. Fail.

#6131 What's your favorite Minion?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 23 May 2007 - 09:05 AM in Poll Area

Shleep for me. I've always loved those fluffy dorkballs <3

#5537 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 08:20 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'd like to see something along the lines of a Tron world; all digital and neon. It sort of makes me wonder: if we see NiGHTS shapeshift into various oddities, and now we know his costume has changed - would his outfit change to match the areas he would visit? Ie: NiGHTS into a neon jumpsuit a la Tron.

...Oi, brick me now, that's the sugar talking.

Posted Image

#5541 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 17 May 2007 - 10:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

As well as your inner Tron fan.

...That too :) I think it's the idea behind the landscape of the Tron-verse that interests me; when you're looking at it, it seems to stretch on forever. It'd be nice to see any sort of landscape like that in JoD.

#5639 What setting would you like to see for a dreamscape?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 19 May 2007 - 12:55 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

hmm....lets see ive been through underground caves, a school, and high in the sky in turbulence. i got it! inside...technology. like hes been in a dream of the circuitry of a supercomputer thats....possessed lol.

edit: just like this.

Tron world *brick'd again* My inner dork won't shut up about it (and neither will I XD). Hmm, though if you wanted a nightmare of that sort of situation...a digital world that's slowly being infected with a virus of sorts. Ultimate geeky nightmare: complete computer meltdown.

#7492 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 11 June 2007 - 12:24 PM in Poll Area

I'm female, and I voted for the androgynous option. Though like most others here, I can sort of bounce between "he" and "she" because saying "it" and "NiGHTS" all the time gets a tad annoying.

Really though, the way I see NiGHTS changes practically every day. Sometimes male, sometimes female, sometimes neither or both.

#15659 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 06 September 2007 - 09:26 AM in Community Corner

Penny Arcade's current podcast. Cracks me up every time.

#5599 Was there a NiGHTS anime?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 04:00 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Plus, I wanna hear Jackle make stupid puns like "I pretended I was a bar of soap and gave them the slip."

Thanks, I just snorted my tea across the monitor ^_^

#5591 Was there a NiGHTS anime?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 03:21 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

There's so many interceptions that it'd be impossible to make most of the fans happy with it... unless they made a music video and left it as vague as the game. And even then it'd be difficult.

Seconded. Given all the ideas and concepts behind NiGHTS, it'd be about as easy as making an episode for every fan on the planet; there's simply no way to cater to everyone's tastes in terms of dealing with the NiD crew.

Although, if they were to make something along the lines of a teaser episode, it may raise even more questions than answers in terms of the NiD universe (not that there's anything wrong with that; they'd be encouraging the fanbase to use their imaginations and thinking caps a little more...than we already do).

#6076 Was That Another Dream?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 22 May 2007 - 10:33 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hiya, and welcome to the forums! Don't worry, I was registered here for a while before I stepped out of the shadows <_< *waves* Nice to meet you!

#6834 Vote! Dreamcast or Wii?

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 01 June 2007 - 04:47 AM in Poll Area

Hmm, I'm voting the Wii for this one for a few reasons. While I understand the DC was an awesome addition to the hardware lineup of Sega, I never actually owned/played one, so I'm not familiar with the controls/how it handles/etc. Is it a good comparaison to the Saturn in terms of response/controller feel?

Also, releasing a game onto an older system would be great for nostalgia reasons, but a lot of current hardware owners would be a bit miffed. Especially if you're unable to get a hold of a DC, even through pawn stores or eBay (which can be pricey enough as it is).

Consoles have come a ways since the DC, so things like graphics, audio and handling (heck, just look at the controller) have improved a heckuva lot. While it would be great to see NiGHTS on the DC as per the original plan, I'd love to see how great he can look on a NextGen console too.

*hides from DC fans*

#7922 Umm... Hi

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 21 June 2007 - 01:05 AM in Introduce Yourself

Aah, I remember you from DA! Anyway, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay! (totally...didn't mean for that to rhyme...)

#7591 TRiPPY's Art Projects

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 13 June 2007 - 03:18 PM in Creative Stuff!

Buh- I just keep staring at the sheer amount of detail in that back cover image. Seriously, every time I look back over it, I'm finding new snippets. Also kind of amazed at how much colour you can cram into it, despite being an overly monotone colour image (ha, ignore me and my waffle, it's far too early over here at the moment). I am in AWE, woman!

#7920 Total newb here.

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 21 June 2007 - 01:00 AM in Introduce Yourself

Heya, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay!

#5607 The Worlds of Journey of Dreams

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 18 May 2007 - 06:56 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You know, running with this idea that each dream is going to have seperate zones, would it be something long the lines of starting in the dream and finishing in the nightmare?

What I mean by that is, sure, the levels would start off nice and happy, but would slowly start to decay and warp around you, ending up as a horrible parallel of the dream you started in. Or vice versa; starting in the nightmare and guiding the dreamer back to the dream.

Coming from SonicTeam, it wouldn't be hard to picture seperate zones for each dream (a la the Sonic series).

#6029 The transition between waking and dreaming

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 22 May 2007 - 12:10 PM in Dream Discussion

If I startle awake right after entering sleep, I can even remember patches of these 'dreams,' which are really just random sounds and images. Usually they have nothing to do with my thoughts before I go to sleep.

Seconded. It's an odd sort of feeling whenever I snap back awake; I feel really drained and incredibly tired, as if I'd been asleep for hours (when in reality it's hardly been a matter of minutes).

#6833 The NiGHTS Comics!

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 01 June 2007 - 04:33 AM in Poll Area

Yeesh, here we go.

When they were being published, I was kind of miffed and annoyed that none of my local comic stores were selling the NiD comics. All I ever saw of them was the cover art previews in the Sonic series, and thought to my young self "Damn, they look awesome! Why must it beeee?" etc, etc.

Cue about 2-3 years ago (or whenever the PiD was made), and I'm reading Parody into Dreams. Best. Rewrite. Evar. I still have the whole thing saved just so I can read it every so often. Hell, my mother's read it, and she loves it.

When TRiPPY put up the first couple of issues, I tried reading them, but I really only got to the third page and wanted to shoot myself.

Really, whoever said it was badfic with pictures, you win points for truth (and ha, I'm too lazy to scroll back and see who XD).

#6860 TehLazyOne's Sculptures of Sculpeyness...

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 01 June 2007 - 10:28 AM in Creative Stuff!

AHHH, why haven't I seen these here before!? *head desk* I've only seen the photos on the main site, not the forums, gah. These are adorable! The NiGHTS and Reala duo look amazing - almost like they really are flying! - and the tiny NiGHTS looks so cute! I'm guessing he's a little top-heavy with the finger in the photo? ;P

And damn, that Jackle hand looks perfect! Can't wait to see him finished! (also, wow, NiGHTS' hand in that first model looks fantastic! I'm such a detail dork for hands, don't mind me XD)

#7623 Sega Superstars NiGHTS

Posted by Chan Kaylore on 14 June 2007 - 09:46 AM in Poll Area

Funny you should mention this game, since I just got back from a weekend camp here, and took my EyeToy and Superstars along for the ride (we had a massive projection screen to play with, so NiGHTS was pretty much the same size as the person playing. Awesomesauce). It was pretty much a hit, since no one there knew of NiGHTS and got to experience the game with a, er, 'hands-on' experience.

I find it enjoyable to play out of the collection on the disc, and as Zero-Shift said, it still retains that same whimsical feeling from the original levels.

On a side note, I fail dramatically at the Hard level of this game; I find it more enjoyable to just glide around and stare at the scenery <3