Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Martijngamer's Content

There have been 23 items by Martijngamer (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25011 New Video

Posted by Martijngamer on 13 November 2007 - 08:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I saw it
And it's wonderful :(

#24936 We're off to see the wizard~

Posted by Martijngamer on 13 November 2007 - 11:47 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Guys guys guys...
You are not going to believe what happened....

WE PLAYER MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES!!!
oh...
that wasn't what you're here for was it? =p

Things went a little different then expected, but I'll leave it to DiGi and TRiPPY to cover you with info, experiences and shizzle.
Just one thing I'll tell you now, is that the game's been delayed, again!
SEGA's too busy playing ping-pong =p

The releasedate's been moved to a January/February release, worldwide.
This time around, the releasedates of the US-version and the EU-version will be a matter of days apart.

#24076 We're off to see the wizard~

Posted by Martijngamer on 07 November 2007 - 01:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I certainly believe they deserved it, hence why I arranged this little trip.
I think it's not a secret that SEGA's aware of this website, and with the right connections, tadaa!
Just send in all the questions you can think of. I'll make sure we get to know as much as SEGA Europe knows, without annoying them.
I've got experience with that 8-) (I've interviewed Nintendo about a shitload of Twilight Princess-info that was not to be made public yet either)

I don't know yet which version we will be seeing. It could be the Japanese demo, but SEGA didn't have the time to look at it yet, so all they and we know right now is a "beta code". Could be the same, could be more. Usually they shut off some stuff in public demo's, that is still on the disc. Obviously that's not an issue when being in the lion's nest itself.

I just had a thought for a question; ask them who's responsible for marketing (and who used to be, if it's changed hands) and, if it's a third-party company (meaning neither Sega nor Nintendo), ask who's footing the bill. I'm starting to think that if Nintendo's handling all the publicity for this game (or paying the people who handle it) NiGHTS might be getting the short end of the stick so it won't be that much of a contender with the Nintendo games being released (if there are any; I've got terrible memory when I'm sleepy and I'd otherwise swear I've heard this). Either way, I think we might need to do some game-plugging across the internet, because I've seen trailers for movies come to television quite a while before its release (not too sure why that's a bad sign, as I've never paid enough to video games to know the amount of time between those two events).

SEGA is responsible themselves, at least here in Europe.
The only SEGA-game that's published by Nintendo is Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, but that's a coorporation between the two.
It will be a good question as far as marketing goes, and I'll ask them about it.
At one hand, I've got the feeling that they'll push this game quite well, but at the other it's strange they don't show it at any European events. I think in the end though because in 5 minutes, when you don't know what NiGHTS is supposed to be, the impression can be wrong.

#22012 European Release Date - A-life and Online

Posted by Martijngamer on 24 October 2007 - 10:31 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

!!!NEWSFLASH!!!

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams -releasedate, A-Life and online
24 October 2007

Confirming our previous report, SEGA confirmed a new European releasedate today for NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for the Wii. The game will hit European storeshelves in January 2008.

SEGA also reveals their plans to reawaken the Artificial Life (A-Life) feature in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, a feature much like Sonic Adventure's Chao Garden in which the player can capture, raise and combine the inhabitants of the world of Nightopia in their self-developed sandbox environment. Lastly, the before reported multiplayer mode is now confirmed to go online as well via Nintendo WiFi Connection.

NiNJA power

#21812 Wizeman and Reala art

Posted by Martijngamer on 22 October 2007 - 01:59 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Don't you see the pictures on the website in the OP, or here on the site in the news-area?
Does everyone have that problem?

#20671 Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Martijngamer on 13 October 2007 - 05:46 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

:P B) B)

#20341 Wizeman and Reala art

Posted by Martijngamer on 10 October 2007 - 10:38 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

We (nearly) kill people here, yet are hailed like heroes. Like true NiNJAs 8-)

We're just having some internet problems. Nothing can keep a true NiNJA from what however.

ViVA LA NiNJA REVOLUTiON (Wii)!!!

#20301 Persona Forms Revealed !

Posted by Martijngamer on 10 October 2007 - 06:47 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Just a thing by the way. It is not true that "normally, NiGHTS can not swim underwater".
Although the Dolphin mask will give much more possibilities, NiGHTS can also swim underwater in it's normal form. Just more limited.
Think of it as Link (Legend of Zelda) with and without the Water/Zora tunic.

#20296 Wizeman and Reala art

Posted by Martijngamer on 10 October 2007 - 06:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

:lol: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#20290 Wizeman and Reala art

Posted by Martijngamer on 10 October 2007 - 05:48 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

For all your viewing pleasure, we come to you with a few things you might find interesting.
Official artwork of Realla and Wizeman? Got it for ya!!!
Besides that, we also have the new name of 'Puffy' for you, and the names of two levels.
Enjoy!
http://gamelegend.biz/glgs/?content=lgst08

*NiNJA transformation*

#18312 Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Martijngamer on 26 September 2007 - 02:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Does that count for the American release too then?

Nope. Not perse.
According to NoA, it's just fall 2007.
Although I do not know, I have a feeling it won't make that though, with a Japanese release that late.
Eventhough it's developed in America, SEGA remains a Japanese company that will probably release the game in Japan first.

#18287 Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Martijngamer on 26 September 2007 - 05:59 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

They are NiNJAS, they can do what they want. :ph34r:

There is someone that understands NiNJA business ^_^

#18256 Release Dates Confirmed

Posted by Martijngamer on 26 September 2007 - 12:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Although I find it -not in a good way- interesting how three big sources like that all have a different date while there has been an official date, I know what's going on here.

When we got back from Leipzig, the SEGA press kit and the Nintendo press kit gave two different releasedates for the game, one being Nov. 23rd (IGN). That's when I called SEGA, and learned that the game was being delay to Q1 2008. Those sources have the old, before the delay official, date up and apparantly know nothing of the delay. It hasn't been announced -nor has the releasedate really- so you can't blame them for not knowing, but that's the story.

#17698 Dreams Dreams

Posted by Martijngamer on 21 September 2007 - 05:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Thanks for converting it!
And very glad to hear you like it.
I, as a NiGHTS newbie, am getting more and more excited about this game :P

#17649 New trailer tonight

Posted by Martijngamer on 21 September 2007 - 12:24 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Waiting for the ADMiNS to make it an official newspost, here's for you peops that are faitfull enough to check older topics :P ;)
Download the NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams music pack

#17646 New trailer tonight

Posted by Martijngamer on 21 September 2007 - 11:51 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Thought this would be the best topic to spoil you brats a bit :blink:
I just got 3 music soundtrack files from SEGA.
When DiGi or TRiPPY are online and can make an update, you'll get to enjoy this as well.
It's beautiful! :P

#16968 Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by Martijngamer on 15 September 2007 - 04:09 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The delay I reported of was indeed alone for Europe. I didn't hear from US (yet).

#16940 Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by Martijngamer on 15 September 2007 - 12:18 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Didn't I say it was delayed for Europe?
It seems that is being mixed up a bit at the moment.

#16717 New trailer tonight

Posted by Martijngamer on 13 September 2007 - 05:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

This is for a great part the introduction we've seen in Leipzig, and from where we gave our Realla impressions. The in-game intro doesn't contain the gameplay parts though, and there's some new things in this as well. Did we say any too much?

#13909 ALPS CHASE VIDEOS EXCLUSIVE

Posted by Martijngamer on 28 August 2007 - 09:49 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't know really. There's probably 'some' limit, but we didn't push it that far.

#13839 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Martijngamer on 28 August 2007 - 12:43 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ah sweet, thanks for validating for me. I do wonder what his vest looks like.. and props to your sketching abilities; I'd say you did well under the given circumstances.

I'm so proud of her <3

I'd say though, I don't think it was (just) the lightning/angle, the colors were a bit darker. Your idea looks a bit pale compared to the intro bit.

#13836 Release Date Pushed Back

Posted by Martijngamer on 28 August 2007 - 12:34 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I don't know (yet) about the US date. I reckon that this is pushed back as well.
I'll give them a call tonight.

#13835 ALPS CHASE VIDEOS EXCLUSIVE

Posted by Martijngamer on 28 August 2007 - 12:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hey guys,

Niraven's sneaky ninja (or what was I called here B)) here.
Thought it would be time to register myself as well.

Anyways, I've understood that the whole alps chase level wasn't shown before at all.
In that case I might have some more vids on my phone. I'll see what I can do with it.

The open-ness is relative, and I think they've done that really well.
It is indeed an open world visually, but NiGHTS' track mostly keeps close to objects (trees, hills etc.), giving that 'close' feeling despite the open world in the background. The fact that, in the set path, you can still go up/down and all around, I think (and hope for you) it should fit the exploring needs well.

cheerios