Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dreams Dreams

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Good day, all. Martijn sent us a zip folder containing 3 audio files of music from the game.
One of the files is a bell being rung, one is the music from the IGN trailer and one is a remake of the Dreams Dreams song.

I think Martijn has already posted the news somewhere here at the forums but i don't have time to check where it is.
What i did do was convert all the files to MP3 so it's easy listening for you all.

folder is here - http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet...ey/JoDMusic.zip

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I'll just re-iterate what I said in the other topic.

The new version of Dreams Dreams >majorly> old version.

And the bell ringing got my mind thinking a little. Time for a topic.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thanks for converting! WAVs are so huge..

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Interesting.... Though I could have sworn I've heard that version of dream dreams before :P

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Ooooh! Score!

I'm diggin' the "lightly" remixed Dreams Dreams...it's a lot clearer with better vocals and a few cool touches.

Thanks for getting these into MP3! They sound great!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
oh dear God they NAILED the music.

This game came out better than I could have ever dreamed (pun 100% intended)

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:My lovely fiance Tawny (known here as Niraven)
Thanks for converting it!
And very glad to hear you like it.
I, as a NiGHTS newbie, am getting more and more excited about this game :P

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
More music?? I would squee, but the librarian wouldn't like me too much for it.. XD;

And I hafta survive work for another five-and-a-half hours without this?!

...... *sobs quietly to self*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

More music?? I would squee, but the librarian wouldn't like me too much for it.. XD;

And I hafta survive work for another five-and-a-half hours without this?!

...... *sobs quietly to self*

its worth the wait.
The music in this game will live up to the original. I am 100% confident.

Traipez

Traipez

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh my god! Dreams dreams was one of my favorite songs of all time, but the new remix.. Wow! It's.. so much better! I'm in love!

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
My first impression was disappointment that they are using the same music and vocals from eleven years ago, but the mix is of very high quality and outshines the older version in several ways. And I can imagine FMV of NiGHTS playing the (air?) flute solo.

Anyway, hands up if you want to see TRiPPY and DiGi sing the duet in DreamCast 04! *raises hand*

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*raises hand REALLY HIGH* I do~~~!

New Dreams Dreams = <33333333

I love it so much! X3 It really lives up to the original, and I LOVE the violin pieces!

EDiT: Flute solo is win. <3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
The vocals are different, way different. And at one point the lady sings the guys part and vise versa. I still prefer the original, but the music in this one is way better.

Oh don't worry about DiGi singing, i have that under control. Ho ho ho.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Oh don't worry about DiGi singing, i have that under control. Ho ho ho.

Oh goody! >3

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
The guys voice doesn't bother me because he sounds very close to the orginal guy who sung the song. The girls voice on the other hand...too different and messes up the whole song for me. I cringe whenever I hear it now. If they are going to make the same song but a little remixed...I want the same singers! I have heard the song one way for so long...to hear these other people sing it kills me for some reason. Guess thats why I don't like Kareoke either. :o

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I feel the same way. The guys voice is nice and crisp. It sounds well next to this revamped version of the beat. The woman sounds a bit too 'light' for this sort of song.

As for me us singing.....lol......yeaaaah, we got singing for you, alright. :o

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
When I first heard it yesterday afternoon I could have sworn it sounded different, so it's good to know my ear won't playing tricks on me. While I still don;t like the song, it's certainly an improvement (the female vocals sound a little to opera-ish now and then I must say).

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
*Chuhing to the new song* I like it, lots! Though the woman is a bit strange sounding for the song. But, like NiGHTS's voice, I got used to it. The remix itself, w/o vocals, rocks. (I'm imagining it without vocals.)

Deep Loner

Deep Loner

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

The vocals are different, way different.

I knew they sounded different in some parts, but I thought that was just because of the remix (e.g. reverb that was added, or the differences in the accompaniment exposing vocal nuances we didn't hear the first time, stuff like that). They really do sound like the first vocalists. Am I tone deaf or something?

Anyway, I'd also like to see Helen and her mother play the opening strings part.

Guest_Katana_*

Guest_Katana_*
  • Guests
singers sing worse then first time but number one is a good song.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
For the new Dreams Dreams:

Music is better but as for vocals...

meh

Okay I take that back. It ain't so much worse. It sounds like a song I might've heard on the radio but without the Doo Doo Do, Doo Doo do

The theme's still awesome of course.

As for Bell, it's the best track. Totally innovative. It will be the next big musical genre.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Puffy's singing it now? Sounds like it.

But wow, this song has renewed the feelings the first one gave me when I first heard it. I love it.

Hey, what about Mookie, or whatever? The one that sung it on Unplugged?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I'm really liking it 8D!

Reminds me of a lot the old 'Dreams Dreams', the Sega Saturn, NiGHTS: Into Dreams, and my interest in NiGHTS since I was young. The Orchestra in the background is a really nice touch as well 8D! Makes me want to do a lot of NiGHTS Related stuff again, because I've been kinda focusing more on other things recently.

Thankies for the nostalgia :3!

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I really like the new theme.....but I like the old voices.....they were more powerful.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Its gonna take me a while to get used to the way they sing it. XD When you listen to something for so long you know every pitch, it throws you off so much when you hear some kind of a remake. XD

Its pretty good. Dreams Dreams always kinda made me chuckle and I don't think that'll change too much, but this is definitely better than those deaf kids they taught to sing by whipping them and throwing sugar cubes at them.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
It's okay.

The introduction is much improved -- I could barely hear the fade in on the initial track and that always bugged me.

The instrumentals haven't been altered too greatly and that's for the better. I also noticed some extra vocal filler ("Ooh," "Yeah," etc.) that was very well-placed.

But that lead female vocalist has got to go. Someone had to tell her that this isn't grand opera, it's a light sort of feel-good pop song.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Innotech, you were SO RIGHT! 8DDDDDD

Now go ahead and laugh, I love the original Dream Dreams, lyrics, kids and all! It's charming, innocent, and oh so pretty! :3 That said, I also adore this new mix! Much nostalgia to be had, but it has a beautiful new spin to it and that flute solo is GRAND!! I can't stop smiling, every time something new-yet-familiar comes up, it reminds me how long we've all been waiting for this...

*proceeds to SQUEE unabashedly and send the new Dream Dreams to her boyfriend* <3

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
I know alot of pressure was put on Iizuka and his NiGHTS team especially with a rushed schedule but given how this project started, the low expectations, the doubts that theyd get anything right, I think our lowered expectation have paid off with some VERY VERY pleasant surprises. Just seeing those vids of Alps chase, as the player starts out and you can see all the little details moving around, all the rings slowly spinning, the nightopians and nightmaren flying, those whirling balls of flowers and other objects, clouds floating lazily overhead, and now this most excellent remixed and new theme music....my god Sega you have just f*!*ing NAILED this game. I have to say at first I had my doubts, but even the new gameplay elements look really fun and interesting. and to think we havent even SEEN much of what this game offers but we are already in love with it. Jesus I am one ridiculously happy NiGHTS fan right now how bout you guys? :lol:

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I know alot of pressure was put on Iizuka and his NiGHTS team especially with a rushed schedule but given how this project started, the low expectations, the doubts that theyd get anything right, I think our lowered expectation have paid off with some VERY VERY pleasant surprises. Just seeing those vids of Alps chase, as the player starts out and you can see all the little details moving around, all the rings slowly spinning, the nightopians and nightmaren flying, those whirling balls of flowers and other objects, clouds floating lazily overhead, and now this most excellent remixed and new theme music....my god Sega you have just f*!*ing NAILED this game. I have to say at first I had my doubts, but even the new gameplay elements look really fun and interesting. and to think we havent even SEEN much of what this game offers but we are already in love with it. Jesus I am one ridiculously happy NiGHTS fan right now how bout you guys? :D

Ooh! ME!! ME!! I AM! -flails arms around-

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)

Ooh! ME!! ME!! I AM! -flails arms around-

The songs are absolutely lovely :D

The dreams dreams one I liked, I didn't think the female vocal was -too- bad.. and I wouldn't call it operatic... I'd call it... soulfull? I think... like the R&B singers of the 90's and such X3.

My fave is still the little kids version XD LoL, but this one sounded beautiful ^_^ I loved how the instruments sounded, the flute the soft violins, it's wonderful ^_^

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^
After listening to it over and over...and over... Not bad! It won't match the original but beats the hell outta the children version of Dreams Dreams!!! (I hate the children version!!)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Its pretty awesome, but I think the girl who did the vocals sorta sounded like she was part-guy. ^_^ :D

TCT

TCT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Games, comics, anime
Wow! Thanks! I been waiting these songs for a long time. Let's see what I think...

Love the new Dreams Dreams!
This is so amazing!

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome ad infinitum.

The new singers are pretty great, but it's the new orchestral stuff that really wins, particularly the violin. Yayz! Music's down, gameplay looks down, story's looking great...

Yeah. No doubts left in my mind. Sega's back to pwn status.

...hum... the female singer has a British-sounding accent...heh, if I found out that she was NiGHTS's voice actor, I'd be rather amazed.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Upon listening to the new Dreams Dreams for the second time I now realize that the only reason I dislike it even a little is because the woman singing is kinda lame. I'm sorry if that sounds sexist because it's not meant to but the man is more tolerable. It's like she's trying to hard. She has potential but I don't think she was the right girl to sing to part.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
iLLViLLAiN, I'm pretty sure some chick can't sing isn't being sexist. Unless you were to say "All chicks can't sing". XD No one is gonna go to town on your head with a bat for that. No one seems to like her singing. ^^;

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

iLLViLLAiN, I'm pretty sure some chick can't sing isn't being sexist. Unless you were to say "All chicks can't sing". XD No one is gonna go to town on your head with a bat for that. No one seems to like her singing. ^^;

If he starts being sexist, I'll handle the baseball bat. :P

WesT

WesT

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ah, lovely. The more I see and hear of this game, the more it's obvious that not only are a lot of the same people behind it, but that they really do respect the original material and the fans. Unlike StH's "Sweet Sweet Sweet" mix, this is an update job that's dead on: nearly the same, but with enough new material and improved mixing to make it fresh again. The female singer comes off a bit strong and I could live without the odd voice modulation, but in the end it's very much the Dreams Dreams I came to love years ago.

Spoiler

Guest_Katana_*

Guest_Katana_*
  • Guests
is boss music allowed? hearing it is a dream!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Ah, lovely. The more I see and hear of this game, the more it's obvious that not only are a lot of the same people behind it, but that they really do respect the original material and the fans. Unlike StH's "Sweet Sweet Sweet" mix, this is an update job that's dead on: nearly the same, but with enough new material and improved mixing to make it fresh again. The female singer comes off a bit strong and I could live without the odd voice modulation, but in the end it's very much the Dreams Dreams I came to love years ago.

Spoiler

QFT.

iLLViLLAiN, I'm pretty sure some chick can't sing isn't being sexist.

If it were, American Idol wouldn't have lasted one season. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users