Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Video

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
http://www.mtv.com/o...3904&vid=188042

Apparently this heres a new trailer.

Unfortunately, only people in the US can see it.

Someone rip this plz.

EDiT : Changed link cause Joystiq are moany gits when it comes to NiGHTS.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
That's odd. How come only people in the U.S. can see it? I really wish I knew how to rip it. I can, however, detail some of the things in the video.

NiGHTS uses persona masks in the video. First he transforms into a serpent, allowing him to do the new fire drill dash. Then NiGHTS transforms into a dolphin, showing a neat underwater section that shows him traversing under water mines. Then it shows rocket NiGHTS for some reason. The graphics look surprisingly crisp from the previous videos. It also seems Girania has a new intro. Somewhere along the lines it shows a couple new levels such as a city level with William and some cool looking Autumn level with NiGHTS. Good stuff all around.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

That's odd. How come only people in the U.S. can see it? I really wish I knew how to rip it. I can, however, detail some of the things in the video.

NiGHTS uses persona masks in the video. First he transforms into a serpent, allowing him to do the new fire drill dash. Then NiGHTS transforms into a dolphin, showing a neat underwater section that shows him traversing under water mines. Then it shows rocket NiGHTS for some reason. The graphics look surprisingly crisp from the previous videos. It also seems Girania has a new intro. Somewhere along the lines it shows a couple new levels such as a city level with William and some cool looking Autumn level with NiGHTS. Good stuff all around.

: ( Freeking Uk restrictions.

Screencaps ?

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I'd rip it but none of the programs I use can capture from an unaccelerated graphics source, and last time I used something that did "software" level capturing it almost bricked my PC...

Maybe try connecting to the site via a proxy server or webpage? That's all I can come up with for now :(

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:My lovely fiance Tawny (known here as Niraven)
I saw it
And it's wonderful :(

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Ok. Seriously folks. This isn't fair D : None of the proxy sites are doing any help.

Screencaps or I go get Archie to make a JoD adaption.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
gah... for some reason i keep getting an error... and the window closes down before it can start...

bah...

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Sonic Team, Anime, Drawing, Art, music, friends, yadda yadda!
Well if there were screen caps, it'd just look like the screen shots we've already seen.

The only thing new about this video is the fact that it is in motion and that the dash move is used with the personas.

I wish i knew how to rip it though.... sorry. but i don't think my laptop is capable of ripping it.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Well if there were screen caps, it'd just look like the screen shots we've already seen.
The only thing new about this video is the fact that it is in motion and that the dash move is used with the personas.

Somewhere along the lines it shows a couple new levels such as a city level with William and some cool looking Autumn level with NiGHTS

That's not what Machenstein said...

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Sonic Team, Anime, Drawing, Art, music, friends, yadda yadda!

That's not what Machenstein said...

Yeah forgot that. Unfortunately i can't get good screen caps with my print/screen button....

hrmm... sorry. now i wish i had a illustration program to edit the screen and make 'em better.

Someone just has to rip the vid i guess... meow...

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Whoah!! First glimpses of new levels... neeeeeat. And the persona transformations are pretty seamless looking. I like!

edit: I'll see what I can do about getting this on youtube ^^

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1573904&vid=188042

Apparently this heres a new trailer.

Unfortunately, only people in the US can see it.

Someone rip this plz.

EDiT : Changed link cause Joystiq are moany gits when it comes to NiGHTS.

Can you view the video from a different gaming site? like go-nintendo or something???

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Can you view the video from a different gaming site? like go-nintendo or something???

Nope, they're all linking directly from the MTV site, which is the one restricting the video.

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Nope, they're all linking directly from the MTV site, which is the one restricting the video.

Nani.... do they hate europeans or something? yeash.... hmmm.....

How's about a video hosting site such as youtube or veoh???? 0_0'

EDIT:

Garrrrgh, never mind i just tried them....

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Nani.... do they hate europeans or something? yeash.... hmmm.....

How's about a video hosting site such as youtube or veoh???? 0_0'

That's the thing =/ No-ones ripped and uploaded it to any of them yet, at least as far as I can see.
Jof is sad.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I tried it and it does not work even in Canada...I tried to do some finagling but nothing worked. Rats. This happened to me before on MTV.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This reminds me of the time the Republican party blocked anyone outside the USA seeing their website during the 2004 elections, except this isn't quite as retarded. Anyway someone make it so we Brits/Europeans can view the damn thing!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Once someone rips it, puts it on youtube, and some people favor it, anyone can see it. I dont get it 'cause Language wouldent be a barrier. the trailer is instermental. whatever. I still find the persona mask forms hard to grasp. Its weird to see NiGHTS not..... NiGHTS! but the rocket and train personas made me giggle. I also liked the helen and William examples. glad they kept the games mecanics the same as 1996

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Done uploading, here it is! Gogogo~!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zOW0aP0Qs6s

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Pshhh..... where are the loopy hackers when you need 'em? :(

EDIT:

looks above, nevermind... man i type slow.

yays for youtube!

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Thank you apti ! You're a life saver !

MMmmmmmmmmm !

Posted Image
^New Bellbridge [Twin Seeds-style] final stage ?

Posted Image
Posted Image
^And the Crystal Palace/Castle of Mirrors stage that's been mentioned before.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
If no one can rip within a couple hours for the EU people I'll do it, no problem. I can record it and simply post it. I already grabbed some newer screens from it giving the new goodies. I sent more details to DiGi and TRiPPY, so you'll see what I'm up to soon. :)

Curious though. I'm in Europe but I could see it no problem. Maybe it's simply because this is an American computer? No clue, restrictions don't seem to apply to this computer, ever...

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Awesome new vid! I can't wait to play in that nighttime city! I love city lights!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
MTV covers games?

Anyway, don't worry ladies and gentlemen. iLLViLLAiN's on the job. I'll upload this video in no time.

Uhhhhh nevermind. I just read the entire thread lol

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Awesome...thanks apti! I couldn't see the MTV version in Canada.

The transformations are pretty smooth and the dash for the dragon is cool. At first I wasn't sure what to think about this new gameplay element but now that I've seen it I think it's pretty sweet.

Interesting that the video still shows a release date of Dec 18...I guess they didn't want to announce an official delay yet.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This game continues to impress me with how beautiful and artistic some of the level designs are, but I'm just not "getting" some of the gameplay styles. Those persona masks don't seem to serve much purpose at all, and franky some of them look clunkier to operate that NiGHTS itself, and also pretty ugly. So what's the point in them? Am I missing something here? If so, please feel free to correct me.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

So what's the point in them?

There's certain areas and missions within the game that require the use of these Persona Masks. Dragon NiGHTS can withstand strong winds, acessing new areas. Dolphin NiGHTS is more agile and faster underwater. Rocket NiGHTS is faster than regular NiGHTS and can outfly... things.. or something.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

There's certain areas and missions within the game that require the use of these Persona Masks. Dragon NiGHTS can withstand strong winds, acessing new areas. Dolphin NiGHTS is more agile and faster underwater. Rocket NiGHTS is faster than regular NiGHTS and can outfly... things.. or something.

From what I seen, dolphin NiGHTS doen't look any faster underwater than regular NiGHTS has in other videos I've seen, but I'll assume you're right. Rewatching this video though, the rocket does speed up towards the end, although it still looks awkward to control/ugly as hell.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Yay! I saw it! It looks soo nice! :B Too bad they delayed it...T_T

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
I saw SOME of the vid (Library computer is faster than my home comp, but it was unusually slow today, and this was posted within my last five minutes at the library before Mom wanted to go home)
I can't speak for framerate issuses, but I believe they're gone... (Again, I can't say for sure, I didn't see all of the vid)
Everything is looking spectacular, and if that bit with Helen and the Nightopian hatching WAS in the My Dream area, (Which I doubt seriously) then I'm gonna be a VERY happy boy come February. XD

And as for the delay, I'm sorta relieved. Lets Sega polish, make the Pians not look like they where taken out of the 64, solve framerate issues (If they still exist), and heap up a h*ll of a lot of Bonus Videos. (Maybe they'll have a video of TRiPPY and DiGi's trip as a bonus feature? ... Hey, a guy can speculate, can't he? They did have a 'Making Of' Bonus Feature heap inside of 'Secret Rings' didn't they?)

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Am I the only one who noticed that Will's platforming stage is apparently set in the Carnival Night Zone?
Maybe he's an oldschool Sonic fan.

In other news, Girania really needs to start drinking decaf.

On a more serious note, It's my goal to play this game all the way through without ever using any of those persona forms. I don't care how much more difficult it will be-- I really don't like those things. :/

Deef

Deef

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The MTV vid is working here in Spain.

The dragon looks good, but a bit plain when moving around in my opinion. With that long body they could have factored some weird control into its flight.. make it wave around more and such. The rocket is satisfying, I guess because I don't expect anything else from it other than blasting along with no animation. Speaking of animation, nah, the dolphin looks very dull. Flapping its tail around just looks.. well, like a purple thing flapping its tail around. Not like a dolphin might move. Ecco on the DC looked a lot better than that.

Good video though.. the levels are looking a lot better, especially the crappy brown one. Bit more happening now, though I'm not saying it still isn't too brown. Kinda bland when the dolphin is swimming around. I remember reading somewhere that this level would transform into some kind of underwater paradise.

Some popup, and really, I can't understand the platformer sections. Just cut them completely from the game please. If there was one things about NiGHTS, it was how pure and tight the gameplay was. Junk didn't get in your way, stupid demands didn't control your game. You fly, you score, you fly faster. Pure is the only word I can think of for that gameplay, and now they're adding some B grade platforming. NiGHTS is the last game that deserves some tacky distraction taking attention from the real game, but here it is, and I don't think anyone here can say "Hey, that platforming looks really fun". It looks like the most standard, underanimated, half-arsed platforming we've seen for a long time. It is half-arsed.. it isn't the part the developers care about. Run along a ledge. Open a box. Throw things.

The autumn palace level (don't know the name) looks great.

Overall, the best video released so far in my opinion. Things are looking better, but it still makes me wish it wasn't a Wii title. The levels still look pretty plain. Compare the background to Christmas NiGHTS for example. Even with no draw distance it felt like it was packed with colour.. this has a lot of green grass and brown rock instead.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wow, new NiGHTS info at MTV of all places..

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Wow! I can't believe I didn't notice this thread until now! O.O;

But I just got finish watching the video!! It was Super wonderful!!! ^.^

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Well now, this makes me feel better about on-foot stages. I suppose I'll have to remember to jump while throwing blue chips.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Now IGN has picked up the video, so we Canadians can watch it from a non-Youtube source.

I love the new level, and the one platforming stage with Elliot in it seems to be quite interesting. Dragon NiGHTS is even cooler in motion than in screens!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Elliot? ....... are you sure about that?

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
First off, what copyright laws are stopping MTV from sharing? I could only picture a restriction like that if Sega themselves asked for it, but either way, come on! Why the hatin' on the rest of us? ;___;

That said, thanks for the upload apti! <3

Beautiful trailer! Seeing the new levels in motion, I'm loving them even more! And I'm liking the persona masks - well, the rocket one, I think I'll hafta play it to appreciate it more. XD But Dragon NiGHTS is a big, beautiful beastie. *3*

Looks like that valley level does indeed get flooded with the Dolphin persona. Pretty cool! And I'm glad they have walk-around exploration again. If it wasn't for that blasted clock, I would be exploring the heck out of the original. There's a TON of secret spots to find you can't reach as NiGHTS!

And I'm beginning to accept the delay. It's taking some time, but... I'm healing. *cue dramatic music* :lol:

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
*Giggles Madly*FRICKIN' COOL!
*Drools over NiGHTS*
NiGHTS:Ewwwww.
Squeeeeee!Omigosh,this game is gonna be the highlight
of my life!*Watches again*

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
The thing I'm most impressed with in this video is the fact they've got someone who can actually play the game WELL to play it instead of someone who can't even perform a paraloop correctly and apparently doesn't know how or when to drilldash~ XD

It's looking more and more spangly as time goes on... I just wish we could see someone playing that well with all the extras on screen (scores, links etc) to really judge how the framerate rolls... I actually like rocket NiGHTS a lot - it's slower than I thought it'd be (boo) but still quite cool. Not many games where you get to be a rocket. *_* Playing as NiGHTS untransformed looks sooooo graceful and smooth~ I can't wait to give it a go.

...And Will throws like a pansy. No wonder he plays football instead of basketball. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users