Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We're off to see the wizard~

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*drumroll*

Ok i said i had a BIG secret last week (which apparently drove a lot of you mental) and now it's 100% confirmed, booked and set in stone i can let you all know why i was acting like a raving fangirl who'd eaten too many skittles.

Ok... we're going to Sega.

Not a game show or some noisy busy media event. We're actualy personaly flying out to the Sega offices to play Journey of Dreams. I was contacted by our awesome NiNJA friends at GameLegend and they've invited us to come along to report on the game with them. It's taken a lot of planning and sorting out with dates and whatnot, hence why DiGi was stressing out his eyeballs. Lol. (I've been climbing the walls.)

To say I'm excited is an understatement. We get 3 hours hands on time. That's more than enough time to REALLY dig deep into the gameplay and story. *huge grin*

I'm going to do my best to find out at much as i can for you guys and we will be making a Sega trip video, haha.

I'll be in Amsterdam (WHEEE WINDMILLS AND .... other unsavoury stuff XD; ) this Sunday/till tuesday so the staff here will be in charge in our absence. Don't get drunk Purg >.o

This is a dream come true chance of a lifetime for the fanbase. So excuse me while i run around the room.
I need to pack
@_@

TRiPPY
xxx

PS) We have more big news on the way next week.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I can try to fit in one of your suitcases.. I don't weigh much..

Direct contact with Sonic TeammmmeehhSega of Europe!.. I called it (sorta ^_^ )! You guys deserve it. Props to the NiNJAs and Sega.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If you can fit in my handbag? XD We're not taking luggage, too much to drag about. You don't want to ever travel with me, i pack clothes i've not worn in 8 years.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Handbag, eh? That might be a tight fit..

Look super-forward to yous guys' uber-reports

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I can feel the overwhelming envy amongst the fanbase already : O. Or is that just from me.
I can already see them having to send in security to remove you from your seat at the end of the 3 hours !

Also...

... Anyone up for a super secret myspace'd party while the head honchos are away ?

> _ >
< _ <

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, we're gonna have some big news for you, for sure.

But, yes. Come Monday, me and TRiPPY will be at Sega Europe testing out this bad boy, JoD. And who better to tell you if it's good or not other than the two admins of this very NiGHTS website? ^_^
When we come back we'll let you know exactly what we think. Until then, i'll be trying to locate a spare NiNJA suit. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

... Anyone up for a super secret myspace'd party while the head honchos are away ?

NO PEEING IN THE POOL JOF :/

And i better come home to find the furniture all where i left it. If any one of you rearranges my chairs.... woe betide you.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
^_^ :blink: :blink:

I'm speechless. Seriously! I can't think of anything to post here other than you're the luckiest people alive! This is just too awesome! :D

<.<
>.>
*decks DiGi with blunt object*

Oh, hey...would you look at that...an...open...seat...

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Ah, so you're going to SEGA Europe? Neat. I look forward to reading about your trip. It's too bad I can't come since I'm all the way in North America. I hope you peeps enjoy JoD and, hey, maybe you could drop some tips for SEGA.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
'BAT TIGHTS WTF'. Yeah XD;

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Wow.... Just wow.....

I don't know what TRiPPY or DiGi would think of it, but I think this would be a good time for site members to put together a few questions (or things to look for in-game) for the admins to report on. Congrats you guys... Hope you have a blast ^_^

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
Wow, that sounds so awesome, both of you are so lucky...
Don't worry about the chairs though, i'm pretty sure that the other non-partying mods are taking care of them.x3

Have a safe flight!
I'm really looking foward to read about the trip,too! :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yes please, i was going to ask that. I don't want to be sitting there like an airhead too glued to the game to actualy do anything constructive.

Things I personaly want to find out:
1. The owls name.
2. More about this Shadow NiGHTS thing.
3. The name of NiGHTS' voice Actor so we can harrass them, ho ho.
4. EVERYTHING.

I know 'everything' kind of covers... everything.. but good questions would be welcomed. Just no silly questions : P

I'll write them down because my printer is dry.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
- why is NiGHTS's mouth placed in the middle, in the in-game cut scenes?*nitpicknitpick*
- doth Reala's mask come off?
- why chip throwing?

meow.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
...yeh..ok, it's all good us asking questions but lets not try to overload on them. We don't wanna piss 'em off and get turfed after 5 minutes of playing the bloody thing.

Keep questions short and sensible. ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
So i can't stand there wailing like a great red manchild about them removing Jackle? D: pahhhh.

(you know i will XD subliminaly)

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh my gosh!! You guys are going to have super fun! Can't wait to see what other details you can throw at us. And....videos!! Yay!
Have a safe flight and all that good ol' stuff.
....omg...This calls for a sexy parteh!!..erm, forum party. >_>

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Have a fun and safe trip! Try to convince them to package the original NiGHTS with JoD! Ha ha, yeah right, I know.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wah gwan? You think i ain't gonna ask where Jackle's invisible ass has got to? All i'm saying is don't get us thrown out, sweet heart. This is like a once in a life time opportunity. I know i didn't bust my ass trying get those tickets just so we can get thrown out all because you went psycho and bash-up a Sega reps head with a Wii-mote. XD;;;;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I shall be on my very best beeeehaviour >;3

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
- Will there be content download available? Not just for "My Dream", but like new stages and routes through NiGHTS' levels?
- Will the utilization of the Wii's weather channel (and internal clock) play into the appearance of actual gameplay?
- Will there be alternate costumes for playable characters?

Kept 'em as short and simple as I could...just a couple of minor things I really wanna know.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh yeah, the music and A life better be connected like in NiD.

Also, how do you go about 'collecting' for the My Dream? With the kids?

(I'm just gonna keep throwing these out as they cascade in my mind, feel free to ignore or indulge in whichever ones may sound logical to ask)

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
This 'Forum Party'... Will there be... Punch?

In all seriousness, I envy you two greatly. But hell, if anyone deserves this chance it's definitely you. Can't wait to hear the news that you guys will inevitably return with! :3

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

So i can't stand there wailing like a great red manchild about them removing Jackle? D: pahhhh.

Nah, just keep it simple: "Chameleon, WTF?"

I'm sort of trying to keep distant from the details of the game at this point so that there's still some surprises in it when I finally stick it in my Wii, so my apologies if some of my questions have already been answered.

-Do you still revert to the kids when time runs out, or do they only have their own stages now?
-There any chances of updates to the game on special occasions, like at Halloween or Christmas?
-Seriousy, Chameleon?

Bleh, lotta sucky questons there.. might have better ones later XD
Enjoy your trip guys, give yourselves a big pat on the back! (But only to make sure your hidden cameras and mikes are safely taped down)

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
You getting a chance to look around the city much? Lovely place.

Anyway, I'd quite like to know where we stand on the pians' moods determining what music is played in the main game.

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ooohh so THAT'S what that was about. Ahah, dear god you guys are lucky. 8D

Alright, feel free to ignore me as I'm sure you've both got plenty of things you want to rant about already, but... Here's what I'd like to know:

- First and foremost... what in the name of god have you done to Reala? D: Really... going just a liiiiiiittle bit overboard with that design, I think.

- Any chance of Jackle coming back in a future game? *is shot at* No, seriously. By this point, his fanbase is almost as psychotic as he is. Bring him back... for your own sakes. D: (I kid, I kid. ...maybe.)

- For that matter, what about the other old characters? Claris, Elliot, and the other bosses... I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd like to see them all revamped in modern-day graphics, too. Not in JoD obviously, but possibly in a future game? A remake of the original, perhaps... (If the original NiD were to be remade in modern-day graphics, I would die a happy woman. I can't possibly be the only one who thinks so... )

Everything else has pretty much been said. Good luck to you guys, and have fun!! :3

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I want to know if Ideya Capture gameplay will return. The levels do have different missions so I am only wondering.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
WHOA!

Congrats to you two! Seems Sega is really going to pay attention to us! X3 Have a safe trip, you guys.

Questions:

--Any alternate costumes?

--Character customization for the online 2P?

--Will Claris, Elliot, and the old bosses ever be implemented into a new game?

Not a question, and I'm sure you're going to tell them this:

Sega, thank you so very much for do all of this for us fans!

='D I'm giddy and crying with joy! X'3

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
I never thought companies acknowledged the existence of fanbases...

Well now! Fill us in, don't hold out, screenshots with cellphones, online play, work in progress, nostalgic unlockables, tell TELL TELL US MOAR

Yargh! You guise are SOOO LUCKY! X3

Have as much fun as you can!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Ooh... congrats TRiPPY and DiGi :3. You two deserve to play the game 1st 8DD!

*FEELS JEALOUS* XD; .

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
Believe it, or not... i just knew that you guys were going to see sega... something in the back of my mind just kept screaming it...

i hope you both have an awesome time...

but i think im mostly afraid of what i may hear about this...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Wow....I am more amazed at the fact that this was one of my early guesses a long time ago and I was actually right. HA! It may have been looked over though in the mass of random guesses, or you were not ever going to say if someone got it right or not.

You guys have fun and tell us everything new we need to know. Hopefully you guys get to play multiplayer and tell us about it.

Also, if possible, find out what the whole chains thing is all about. I am getting tired of hearing about it and hopefully once the mystery is reveled, all will cool down about it. Or maybe it will just make it worse....

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
*Happy, twitchy, deranged look* Must know more about the A-LIFE system...!
Seriously, though. NiGHTS is probably going to be extremely fun on it's own, (Haven't played the original, so I wouldn't know. TT_TT) but it's going to be the My Dream area that keeps people sucked in. (It's what happened with the Sonic Adventure games. XD Well, at least for me, anyway.) My main interest is the Mepians! I doubt you'll have enough time to actually GET a Mepian... But it couldn't hurt to ask. XD

And Jackle. If he doesn't make it into this game, tell them to "Make him a major character in the next game, d*mmit!"

And, ah... Yeah, the alternate costumes are must. ... That's it, I think...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
No, Yami, we were never gonna tell anyone in that topic.. XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Posted Image

lol no seriously you guys have fun. Give an employee and huge and tell them this is from Jonathan Weeks :wub:

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
You all have fun indeed. I am gonna sit in this corner and fume with jealousy >=(

lol, but seriously, shake down those staff for all the info they have! :wub: lol

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hey yeah! I'm sure you both won't forget to give the folks over there our buckets of squee love.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
*napolian dyamite voice* lucky! hope you have fun! sega is now offically awsome X a rough estimate of, oh, 9 thooouuusseeennnddd!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Congratulations! You guys really do deserve it, with 11 years of loyalty. I may be green with envy, but seriously. You guys deserve it! :wub:

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I knew it was something huge! I'm so happy for you two!

(And yes, writhing with envy. But who isn't? XD)

What makes this so great is that the big-name, seemingly-unreachable company, is paying attention! I can't really think of anything else to add, other than safe journey and have a freaking blast for all of us! WOOO!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users