Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We're off to see the wizard~

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

*jaw drops* :0 WHOA that is some phat lewt. I'm so jealous... bring some back for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;_;
They sound so starved for attention... make sure they know we're all cheering them on!!!

That many play styles, huh? ... tell us what they are? Is it a secret? >:0

It's not a secret. It's been a little while, but the levels get bigger as you play through them and beat them. On Alps Chase for example, the first time you play through, you have to catch the birds. There's also links mission, boss battles, and additional missions such as Dandelion Chase where you rescue Nightopians from Wizeman in Alps Chase etc, and the kids can explore as well. When we saw it, it was for limited times, but still doable. I should see what happens if you expire that time....

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Sooooooooooo... did you hug?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I bet the version we play on monday explodes XD

Hhhhhang on, i recall reading or being told that the old 'night over' screens are there... or did i dream that o-0

pssst i'll reply to your note when i get back on my pc *hugs*

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

I bet the version we play on monday explodes XD

Hhhhhang on, i recall reading or being told that the old 'night over' screens are there... or did i dream that o-0

pssst i'll reply to your note when i get back on my pc *hugs*

Worse case scenario, we'll speak German to it. Daniel always got it to work by muttering German when the demo at Leipzig glitched:P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'M GOOD AT YAMMERING RANDOM GERMAN-YAYCAPS.

Actualy i want to hear the game in german because i had a sega person re-enact jod reala at me and i nearly wee'd myself laughing. i need to experience this.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
"DERE IS NO NIEETZ"

O_o....No comment

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

"DERE IS NO NIEETZ"

O_o....No comment

"Keine Nachts lebt"

That's more German. <_<

If the game glitches, TRiPPY and I can just alternate with phrases like:

"Bitte, lieber NiGHTS, spiel.... Spiel fuer uns.... Bitte...? JETZT!!! MEIN GOTT!!! WARUM!?"

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*lmao*

yes.

i can throw some Turkish in too.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
OH GOD NO

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

"Keine Nachts lebt"

That's more German. <_<

"Bitte, lieber NiGHTS, spiel.... Spiel fuer uns.... Bitte...? JETZT!!! MEIN GOTT!!! WARUM!?"

I'm sorry I think I just got culture shocked, WHAT?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I'm sorry I think I just got culture shocked, WHAT?

Sorry, translation:

"There is no NiGHTS"

and then

"Please dear NiGHTS, play.... Play for us.... Please...? Now!! My God!! Why!?"

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Sorry, translation:

"There is no NiGHTS"

and then

"Please dear NiGHTS, play.... Play for us.... Please...? Now!! My God!! Why!?"

lol okay thanks

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I'm either asking this too early or too late but... how do you select the missions? Do you select them via a level select screen or is it like a sandbox-type game where you can take on the missions while exploring the game world?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I'm either asking this too early or too late but... how do you select the missions? Do you select them via a level select screen or is it like a sandbox-type game where you can take on the missions while exploring the game world?

You can enter various worlds, such as My Dream (A-Life) and Alps Chase via a door as a child, so while you explore the world. As you play storyline for the first time, when you beat a mission such as Alps Chase mission 1, you automatically go on to the next one, and then the boss. But once you clear a mission, you have the freedom to choose which mission you want in the Alps Chase world via a selection screen.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Like SA2, right?

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
lol, unfortunately I don't know squat about German! But, my dad's taken about four years of it so I think I could get some words...oh well. Sooo....many.....options! *falls over*

And now that the whole chains thing is cleared up my drawing of NiGHTS being tied up isn't too far from the truth! WHOO! BUT, Wizeman throwing Reala sounds funny. *imagines Reala getting tossed around like a ragdoll* pfffft.....*snortgiggle*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Reala ain't so badass now, huh? XD

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

You can enter various worlds, such as My Dream (A-Life) and Alps Chase via a door as a child, so while you explore the world. As you play storyline for the first time, when you beat a mission such as Alps Chase mission 1, you automatically go on to the next one, and then the boss. But once you clear a mission, you have the freedom to choose which mission you want in the Alps Chase world via a selection screen.

Wow, thanks! That clears up a lot. Many of us were worried that the game would force you to play as the kids in order to proceed ala Sonic Adventure 2. It seems the missions are optional after all. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I interpret from that...

You start off at Dream Gate, the hub world.

You select a door, Alps Chase for instance.

You do Alps Chase: Mission 1, then you beat the boss.

Once you beat the boss, the door to the next dream world opens.

But...

You can always go back to Alps Chase to do more missions by selecting them ala Super Mario 64.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
I forgot 2 ask 4 plushies, get some, And ask about the sega saturn and NiGHTS for vc for those who dont have NiGHTS or the saturn

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Wow, thanks! That clears up a lot. Many of us were worried that the game would force you to play as the kids in order to proceed ala Sonic Adventure 2. It seems the missions are optional after all. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I interpret from that...

You start off at Dream Gate, the hub world.

You select a door, Alps Chase for instance.

You do Alps Chase: Mission 1, then you beat the boss.

Once you beat the boss, the door to the next dream world opens.

But...

You can always go back to Alps Chase to do more missions by selecting them ala Super Mario 64.

Indeed, it's very similar. It's just like SA2B, only you don't need to play as both sides to progress. I'm not sure about the VERY end, but at least world to world, you don't have to play as both dreamers to unlock the next one.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Oh... that made me think of something.
In the original each kid has their own set of levels, will it be the same in JoD? Are some of the plaza doors locked if they're separate? Or, can they each visit all of the levels?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

i know some of the bonus modes but i cannot say right now...

plus im on my Wii e-e

......BAIT!

OH GOD NO

......sen eseksen, kardas?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

"Keine Nachts lebt"

That's more German. :)

Why do I get the feeling this is basically the same thing that German kid who flipped out at his computer was saying ('cept he wasn't talking about NiGHTS)? XDDD

Anyway, back on topic... Bait? O.o' What do ya mean by bait, DiGi?

Also, I'm suddenly under the opinion that NiGHTS rather likes his German voice, and therefore responds to anyone speaking it. ...No, I'm not serious, but it is weird that you can beg at it in German and get a result... Oo'

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! &gt;:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?

"Keine Nachts lebt"

That's more German. :)

I suddenly got this urge to learn German... @.@'

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

i know some of the bonus modes but i cannot say right now...

plus im on my Wii e-e

Capture the Flag? :)

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
I'd like to if they're gonna be able to lock the frame-rate. That's all that's buggin me atm. And if that's really the finished 'merge' sequence. The dreamers just disappear.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

I'd like to if they're gonna be able to lock the frame-rate. That's all that's buggin me atm. And if that's really the finished 'merge' sequence. The dreamers just disappear.

Yeah, that was bothering me a bit too.

Tell them to delay. I wanna play the game, but I also want it to be PERFECT! I'm getting so worried that it won't be as good as it could because they're starting to rush things. And they have nothing to lose, really...
So tell them. D: DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEET.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

Capture the Flag? :P

A picture from 1up clearly shows the intro to the pole-dancing mini-game.
God, please let there be Pian racing.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
so it seems to me that the Dream gate and stage select will work similarly to how MArio Galaxys observatory/hub world does. thats a good thing, and Im actually even more excited that there are several different gameplay modes for each level. in NiGHTS 1 there was just the main mode and the 2p, which was awesome but kind of light on actual gameplay time (but with infinite replayability). If this game really does have several modes per level I doubt Ill ever stop playing it.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
we'll still be here in 2060 discussing Reala's battytights.

by that point NiGHTS 56 will exist and the website will be updated by robots.

mmm robots

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I gots a new question should you meet any of the producers or anyone who'd know this... not that they'd answer it... or I think you'll likely ask... ..... *is too shy* ><' ..... Okay, nevermind, nobody needs to ask why that particular... design change... to NiGHTS happened. XPPPP Maybe I'll put that question in comic form sometime so I can smack Jackle with one of those balloon hammers for just being his delightful self.

EDIT: Now that I've figured out how to put it maturely (without sounding like some creepy stalker-lady, though just asking this will probably do that, anyway), I'll just go ahead and ask and hope the fandom doesn't chop my head off: Who in the world paid such lovely attention to NiGHTS posterior?

I mean, I like it and all, but I find it kinda creepy that they rendered that particular feature so well... Oo'

ANOTHER EDIT: God, can I kill a topic. Can someone give this thread CPR, please?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
well-er.....I guess NiGHTS needs an ass too ^_^
Seriously though, cant say that thought or question has every crossed my mind in pairticular.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i pay a lot of attention to NiGHTS' ass and i'm a pervert. So, i can safely say that person who spent time rendering NiGHTS' ass is also a pervert.
Weh hey! One question answered and we ain't in the building yet. ^_^

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^

Well, i pay a lot of attention to NiGHTS' ass and i'm a pervert. So, i can safely say that person who spent time rendering NiGHTS' ass is also a pervert.
Weh hey! One question answered and we ain't in the building yet. ^_^

Thank gawd there's another one! I too, pay close attention to NiGHTS' rear.

I hope it looks that good in the cinematics... *fanservice* ^.^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, Xenon you pervert! XD .... *says he who just admited he is also one*

Right peoples. We're writing down the most of the questions in this topic. Well, the sensible ones, anyway. XD
So, no more questions. A-thankoo. *nods*

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I was expecting people to ignore my 'wonderful' question, but okay. ^^'

Jackle: Don't you have something you want to admit, too?

*shoves a sock in his mouth* Pay no attention to the card-throwing mad-maren...

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Ask them about the snazzy pre-order gifts. I wanna know if I get a cute action figure >.< (Dont forget my plushies either! <_<)

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I suddenly got this urge to learn German... @.@'

German is tricky, but a snap once you get the hang of it... I'm still learning though. XD

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests

Yeah, that was bothering me a bit too.

Tell them to delay. I wanna play the game, but I also want it to be PERFECT! I'm getting so worried that it won't be as good as it could because they're starting to rush things. And they have nothing to lose, really...
So tell them. D: DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEET.

And God noooo those platform bits! Cut them out! DOOO IT!!! I command thee SEGA!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
While you're there, you should totally slip in a suggestion about making a sequel and/or remake of Shining Force III or Shining the Holy Ark (since Sonic Team worked on the latter). Shh. I know it's not NiGHTS-related. Just do it. Do it for the Saturn! :angry:

Have fun at Sega HQ, guys! I hope they give you guys promotional material-- shirts, posters, buttons, what have you. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users