Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We're off to see the wizard~

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
You guys are so lucky!! Ol' NiGHTS must be jabbing at SEGA demanding that you two go or something! lol, but seriously you two have a blast. I don't really have any good questions because everyone took 'em all....oh well. HAVE FUN AND GLOMP A SEGA MEMBER FOR ME!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
You are so lucky!

TELL US ALL. SECRETSSSSSSSSS.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! 8D *glomps* I'm so happy for you two! *isn't jealous because she's scared of planes, and thus would never likely visit even the Sega HQ on her own continent*

Yeah, I wanna know why they gave Jackle the boot (I suspect because he looked so much like Reala and NiGHTS that, despite him firmly being a level 2 maren, the entire fanbase considered him either borderline or entirely level 1, though I'm not exactly sure why I think this a likely reason other than it's the only one that comes to mind) just like all the other crazy Jackle fans wanna know. *froths at the mouth* 0-o

Apologies for the giant parentheses comment. ^^'

I'd also like to have that chameleon boss explained. Where exactly is/are his eye(s)? Oo' I realize that the most likely answer is 'on the sides of his head, of course', but that picture in the magazine confuses me immensely.

Hmmm... that's about all my sleepy brain can come up with right now (other than the presence of pink in Reala's outfit... *can't help but think that he's tearing random people limb-from-limb in frustration about it* )

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

I am gonna sit in this corner and fume with jealousy >=(

*sits next to you*

YOU GUYS HAVE FUN!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
They're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Sega! Because, because, because, becaaaaauuse! Because of the wonderful games they make! (:( Im sorry, I just had to)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I hope swag will be involved.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
I knew the news would be great sure Id like to go but atleast we will get a good discription of gameplay and the bosses...especially the bosses
TRY to get a 2.0 on the bosses guys (if they still have the old score multiplier).

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I don't know what else to say to you two, except... enjoy this experience for every precious moment that it's worth.

You've no doubt already thought about this already, but those three hours you're going to have with the creators of our beautiful community won't just be a literal dream come true, but will be the epitome of everything we've been working for during these past 11 years.
Honestly... look back on all our hopes, our wishes, our dreams, really... and then look forward to that fateful meeting.
You will be carrying every last glitter of them with you, TRiPPY. Every last one, from every last dreamer that ever was part of our community. Give voice to them for our sake. <3

I won't throw any questions or demands at you two for that very reason. It doesn't matter to me what you come back to us with... you'll come back with something beautiful, that's a guarantee, regardless of what it is, and I can't wait to hear and/or see it. I don't think any of us can... but don't let that intimidate you! This is your day coming, this is your moment, above all else. You'll be our voice, sure, but if you hadn't organized this wonderful fandom together in the first place, TRiP, who would you be voicing? Would you even be speaking at all?

Above all, sweethearts, good luck with this. My best wishes for both of you.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.
:blink:I don't think i'm gonna let myself read the info they bring back. It will probably reveal too much...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Just don't forget that hug :blink:

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Just don't forget that hug :D

I agree. Hug them Sega peoples for all of us <3

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
And while you're hugging them, grab a security card or two (and any money you can find... forward that on to me), then get TRiPPy to use her feminine wiles o distract them while DiGi tracks down that giant NiGHTS statue from the TGS display! (Which you can also forward nto me)

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Make sure you bring (me) back a lot of plushies!! ^.^

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Hug a female SEGA worker for me.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
the only reason I am not envious is because MArio galaxy comes out in 6 days and shortly after that NiGHTS JOD itself. So the wait is almost over. and after 11 years of keeping the faith with very little hope, this last month wait is cake.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
HUG FOR US ALL!!! :P

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
(heheh sorry I'm a bit late) Wow!! Congradulations TRiPPY and DiGi! You two are so lucky! *sobs* I'm feeling a bit jealous myself, ^.^ But I agree with everyone else, both of you definantly deserve this!! I hope you have a safe trip!! And I just know you guys are gonna have LOTSA fun!! ^_^

I too would like to know why they dropped Jackle (poor guy). Also I really want to know more about the My Dream garden, and Reala!! Oh and I am very curious about Shadow NiGHTS!!!

Oh Gosh!! I can't wait to see alls the juicy info yous guys bring back!!! ^w^

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I just had a thought for a question; ask them who's responsible for marketing (and who used to be, if it's changed hands) and, if it's a third-party company (meaning neither Sega nor Nintendo), ask who's footing the bill. I'm starting to think that if Nintendo's handling all the publicity for this game (or paying the people who handle it) NiGHTS might be getting the short end of the stick so it won't be that much of a contender with the Nintendo games being released (if there are any; I've got terrible memory when I'm sleepy and I'd otherwise swear I've heard this). Either way, I think we might need to do some game-plugging across the internet, because I've seen trailers for movies come to television quite a while before its release (not too sure why that's a bad sign, as I've never paid enough to video games to know the amount of time between those two events).

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Holy crap, what an honor!

You lucky devils, you! *shakes fist*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh hey I dunno if they'd know this, but- Reala's dialogue in the first game. It'd be awesome if you guys could find an official answer.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Can you see what happens when NiGHTS flies to the left? You know, would you eventually run into the bird and all that. I don't know if this was answered anywhere else before, but seeing how most of the people play the demo, I don't think they would bother trying it. Again, congrats and good luck!

Martijngamer

Martijngamer

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:My lovely fiance Tawny (known here as Niraven)
I certainly believe they deserved it, hence why I arranged this little trip.
I think it's not a secret that SEGA's aware of this website, and with the right connections, tadaa!
Just send in all the questions you can think of. I'll make sure we get to know as much as SEGA Europe knows, without annoying them.
I've got experience with that 8-) (I've interviewed Nintendo about a shitload of Twilight Princess-info that was not to be made public yet either)

I don't know yet which version we will be seeing. It could be the Japanese demo, but SEGA didn't have the time to look at it yet, so all they and we know right now is a "beta code". Could be the same, could be more. Usually they shut off some stuff in public demo's, that is still on the disc. Obviously that's not an issue when being in the lion's nest itself.

I just had a thought for a question; ask them who's responsible for marketing (and who used to be, if it's changed hands) and, if it's a third-party company (meaning neither Sega nor Nintendo), ask who's footing the bill. I'm starting to think that if Nintendo's handling all the publicity for this game (or paying the people who handle it) NiGHTS might be getting the short end of the stick so it won't be that much of a contender with the Nintendo games being released (if there are any; I've got terrible memory when I'm sleepy and I'd otherwise swear I've heard this). Either way, I think we might need to do some game-plugging across the internet, because I've seen trailers for movies come to television quite a while before its release (not too sure why that's a bad sign, as I've never paid enough to video games to know the amount of time between those two events).

SEGA is responsible themselves, at least here in Europe.
The only SEGA-game that's published by Nintendo is Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, but that's a coorporation between the two.
It will be a good question as far as marketing goes, and I'll ask them about it.
At one hand, I've got the feeling that they'll push this game quite well, but at the other it's strange they don't show it at any European events. I think in the end though because in 5 minutes, when you don't know what NiGHTS is supposed to be, the impression can be wrong.

GoldDreams

GoldDreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:SEGA and Nintendo
Congratulations on this. I can see how you would be excited. That would be a dream come true for many of NiGHTS original fans.

The one thing I am most curious to find out about the game is if Sega managed to get the free handed controls right. They had better! LOL

Hope you enjoy your trip and can't wait to discover what more you could have to tell us next week!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Oh hey I dunno if they'd know this, but- Reala's dialogue in the first game. It'd be awesome if you guys could find an official answer.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I really want to know how his name is pronounced though more than anything.

I know it has been said officially in that large official video TRiPPY has...but people still argue about it anyway. It would be nice to hear, "This is how his name is pronounced! No ifs, ands, or buts." That and they could have changed it, probably not though.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I still want to know if Ideya Capture gameplay will return. The game does have alternate missions and gameplay modes, right? So it's a possibility. Anyone else with me here?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I certainly believe they deserved it, hence why I arranged this little trip.
I think it's not a secret that SEGA's aware of this website, and with the right connections, tadaa!

Yeah, a big thanks to you NiNJA'S for this. Seriously. XD This is a dream come true on all levels.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I was just thinking the same thing.

I really want to know how his name is pronounced though more than anything.

I know it has been said officially in that large official video TRiPPY has...but people still argue about it anyway. It would be nice to hear, "This is how his name is pronounced! No ifs, ands, or buts." That and they could have changed it, probably not though.

Yeah that too.. I know a prevailing opinion here is 're-a-la', but I've always said 'real-a', can't help it.. I mean, if his name is in fact pronounced re-a-la, I'm sure I'll be able to piece my life back together *smileycrazed*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I still want to know if Ideya Capture gameplay will return. The game does have alternate missions and gameplay modes, right? So it's a possibility. Anyone else with me here?

I would very much enjoy Ideya Capture mode. For de old skools. I'd love them if they made that a gameplay option. I still want to know what the directional icon with the diff colors means.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

Also, if possible, find out what the whole chains thing is all about. I am getting tired of hearing about it and hopefully once the mystery is reveled, all will cool down about it. Or maybe it will just make it worse....

OH! THAT! XD Sorry i've known about that for months now and i forgot to explain it, i was too busy winding people up. Basicaly (for those who care) at one point Reala is tying NiGHTS up in gold chains, in the Chain capture thing or something (that cage thing). And Reala is mincing about calling NiGHTS a puppet and an idiot while wearing his hilarious Owl mask. NiGHTS is just like 'Yeah right and you aren't Reala? e___e;'. So yes, Reala, NiGHTS and chains XD;

Still it doesnt beat Wizeman throwing Reala around *snort* Someone should give Reala the number for Childline.

*picks up Martijn and Tawny and puts them in her handbag of doom* IM GOING TO STEAL THE HOTELS SHAMPOO AND USE IT FOR EVIL.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

OH! THAT! XD Sorry i've known about that for months now and i forgot to explain it, i was too busy winding people up. Basicaly (for those who care) at one point Reala is tying NiGHTS up in gold chains, in the Chain capture thing or something (that cage thing). And Reala is mincing about calling NiGHTS a puppet and an idiot while wearing his hilarious Owl mask. NiGHTS is just like 'Yeah right and you aren't Reala? e___e;'. So yes, Reala, NiGHTS and chains XD;

Still it doesnt beat Wizeman throwing Reala around *snort* Someone should give Reala the number for Childline.

*picks up Martijn and Tawny and puts them in her handbag of doom* IM GOING TO STEAL THE HOTELS SHAMPOO AND USE IT FOR EVIL.

Oh Thanks. I had a feeling it was something like that. But none the less, people are going to take a picture of it and go ga ga over it. Thank you for clearing it up though.

LOL, you sound like my grandma. XD
--------------------

Yeah that too.. I know a prevailing opinion here is 're-a-la', but I've always said 'real-a', can't help it.. I mean, if his name is in fact pronounced re-a-la, I'm sure I'll be able to piece my life back together *smileycrazed*

I do the same thing, even though I know how its really pronounced. Maybe after I hear it several times then I will be used to it. Who knows though...the sounding could have changed. Probably not, but it could have.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
TAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... I am sososososoSOOOOOOOOO envious of you two. *cry*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well that's why we're making a video of our trip so it's like we're taking along *everyone* XD; We probably wont be allowed to film inside the building though (for obvious reasons like any workplace). Though i don't see why we WOULDN'T be allowed to film the game as everyone has been doing it lately for other websites. Hmmmm.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

SEGA is responsible themselves, at least here in Europe.
The only SEGA-game that's published by Nintendo is Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, but that's a coorporation between the two.
It will be a good question as far as marketing goes, and I'll ask them about it.
At one hand, I've got the feeling that they'll push this game quite well, but at the other it's strange they don't show it at any European events. I think in the end though because in 5 minutes, when you don't know what NiGHTS is supposed to be, the impression can be wrong.

Yeah, I guess that would make sense, but I confused myself since it's a game made for a platform from a company that didn't make the game (I'm thinking they probably had to fork over some functionality codes to make the game compatible with the Wii, though).

*to the NiGHTS in chains thing* O____o' Well, I think we know why they got rid of Jackle; he'd be cracking up and teasing Reala if NiGHTS didn't end up killing him by then. XDDD *is joking*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
the most interesting thing to me is the fact that there are 4 more stages we havent even seen footage of. See if you can score some exclusive footage of those stages ^_^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Maybe you can ask about Sleph? I know it doesn't have anything to do with the new game, and most likly there will be no one there who knows what the heck you are talking about...but you can try. This is the closest chance we get.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

I'd like to see this XD

I'm also curious about other play modes... I hope it isn't all chase-the-bird all the time.

Bribe them with tasty candy and ask them what happened to Jackle XD

edit: make sure to really thank them on behalf of all of us... because really, despite our nitpicking, JoD is shaping up to be everything we ever hoped for in another NiGHTS game. And years ago we thought there would NEVER be another one. I think we owe it to them ^3^

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

I'd like to see this XD

I'm also curious about other play modes... I hope it isn't all chase-the-bird all the time.

Bribe them with tasty candy and ask them what happened to Jackle XD

edit: make sure to really thank them on behalf of all of us... because really, despite our nitpicking, JoD is shaping up to be everything we ever hoped for in another NiGHTS game. And years ago we thought there would NEVER be another one. I think we owe it to them ^3^

First of all, there are many more modes of gameplay besides just "Chase the Bird". We saw at least 3-4 per level at Leipzig.

Second, SEGA members aren't the biggest glompee's. You have to gain their trust, see? If you glomp them, they'll probably freak out and avoid you. It's more like a social or mental glomp. The goal isn't to glomp the SEGA member, but to get the member to glomp you in the form of FREE STUFF!! See, we just played the interested "wow, look at that! Can we get a closer look at this? Don't mind us, we're just back for another look" people at Leipzig, and as a result they gave me a NiGHTS poster, a SEGA messenger bag, and Martijn and I both got shirts, one of them even an official staffer shirt, lol. THAT is the art of professional glomping.

I hope we can bag plushies this time. >_>

Either way I'm really looking forward to it. It's gonna be a NiNJARiFiC blast.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

First of all, there are many more modes of gameplay besides just "Chase the Bird". We saw at least 3-4 per level at Leipzig.

Second, SEGA members aren't the biggest glompee's. You have to gain their trust, see? If you glomp them, they'll probably freak out and avoid you. It's more like a social or mental glomp. The goal isn't to glomp the SEGA member, but to get the member to glomp you in the form of FREE STUFF!! See, we just played the interested "wow, look at that! Can we get a closer look at this? Don't mind us, we're just back for another look" people at Leipzig, and as a result they gave me a NiGHTS poster, a SEGA messenger bag, and Martijn and I both got shirts, one of them even an official staffer shirt, lol. THAT is the art of professional glomping.

ok. NOW Im jealous.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

*jaw drops* :0 WHOA that is some phat lewt. I'm so jealous... bring some back for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;_;
They sound so starved for attention... make sure they know we're all cheering them on!!!

That many play styles, huh? ... tell us what they are? Is it a secret? >:0

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
i know some of the bonus modes but i cannot say right now...

plus im on my Wii e-e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users