Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

AYRiES's Content

There have been 171 items by AYRiES (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12546 NiGHTS' voice and Music

Posted by AYRiES on 24 August 2007 - 11:52 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I've only played on L.C game aaaages ago, so I can't remember her voice D= XD Hopefully it's not just a nice sounding voice, but decently acted as well? If it's nice to listen to on it's own that's OK, but if the emotions are bad or silly... eh. Just ahve to wait and see. -excited- I'm more worried about how Helen's voice is probably going to end up far far too high at the moment =\

#12379 TONS OF NEW EXCLUSIVE INFO

Posted by AYRiES on 23 August 2007 - 10:13 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The female voice surprised me, since even though NiGHTS has eyelashes and stuff, most people seem to see NiGHTS as male, presumably including people at Sega. Still, I don't mind at all. Female voices are generally a little more androgynous sounding for me at least, anyway.

When I saw this on the news page I thought it was another 'leak' or something, but eeee! They're showing it! -faints from joy-

-revives- ANYWAY it's a shame there's nothing on the motion-sensing controls ;_; Still, the 'classic' controls or whatever they're called seem easy enough, so oh well.

For some reason I really love the sound of Helen's intro. I dunno, it just sounds good to me, the way the video is described. Will's too, actually. I hope they're shiny and gorgeous like the cutscene...thing... we've seen already. I don't suppose anyone at the event filmed it? =p

Also- is that seven levels PER dreamer? Or what?

#11767 DARiA's drawings album

Posted by AYRiES on 18 August 2007 - 02:45 PM in Creative Stuff!

The Helen redesing is really great, I think I prefer your version =p I like how she looks, the style is great- kind of elegant or something. And I love her hair *_* I think the main issue with the leggings for me is that they look so weird with the black and the blue D= I like the longer skirt you gave her more... Also, I actually envy your ability to draw violins, looks great to me. They're so hard to draw (or is that just me? XD)

#11763 The Plural of Nightmaren

Posted by AYRiES on 18 August 2007 - 02:31 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I sometimes use Maren, sometimes Marens, and same with the Night added on.

Thinking about it, I suppose Ekairi is right, but both sound right to me. Has anyone from Sega taked about all the maren(s) as a whole in an interview or anything, I wonder?

#11748 The Dream Of Desert

Posted by AYRiES on 18 August 2007 - 11:08 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Ooh, I really love the way the level looks. The pinkish tone to the sky looks so pretty =D And eee, rollercoaster! ALthough, the fact that both the kids and NiGHTS hae creepily unnaturally blue eyes... I didn't notice before, but those are kind of... bright.

Also, I love the golden sparkles. Mmm, sparkles...

#11637 reala talk

Posted by AYRiES on 17 August 2007 - 01:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I think so. With all the comparisons between him and NiGHTS, I think they'll try and play that up by adding in that he's able to talk- otherwise it would seem almost like they were different types of 'maren, with different abilities or jobs or intelligence and whatever, and seeing as Sega will probably play up the 'other half' angle (IMO anyway) that wouldn't really work.

#11610 AYRiES' Non-NiGHTS shinies

Posted by AYRiES on 17 August 2007 - 10:49 AM in Artwork

Right, I've got the first bunch of HP Livejournal icons here then =D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Only 5 for now but I'm planning on makng at least 10 more in the next 2 days so there will be more =D

Brushes used- http://droz928.deviantart.com/art/Wandbrus...-by-Mo-24129725? and http://pstogimpbrushes.deviantart.com/art/...Frames-41349980 and http://project-gimpbc.deviantart.com/art/G...rushes-48299826?

I also have an LJ icon I made from a photo that was realy blurry and needed to be downsized nd retouched faaar too much XD

Posted Image

#11434 Transformers Movie

Posted by AYRiES on 15 August 2007 - 10:09 PM in Community Corner

I heard it wasn't as good as it was expected to be... but even knowing that it was somethig we were thinking of going to see PURELY because the trailer looked so damn pretty. Hehe. Now I want to go see it more than ever. Even though I know literally, not a single thing about transformers beyond the fact they were toys which turned from cars into robots and suchlike.

Though, the idea of making any kind of story out of a few pieces of plastic will always make me laugh =p It's just... who looks at a plastic model of a robot and gets enough inspiration to make a plot? Just out of what something looks like? The plot wouldn't end up like the toys- plotless- would it? Still, that's just me XD

#11432 What are your most wanted games?

Posted by AYRiES on 15 August 2007 - 09:55 PM in Community Corner

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulatons
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Burning Rangers
Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix (Surprisingly, I've heard this tie in is actually pretty good on the Wii... I looked at some scores...)

Mostly the top 2 though =D

#11430 What been rottin in your player?

Posted by AYRiES on 15 August 2007 - 09:33 PM in Community Corner

I discovered the playlist option on Last.fm and have as such been deciding what I'm buying next month. Mostly Paramore, Panic! at the Disco, Vanessa Carlton, 3 Doors Down and Self Against the City. Other than that, a lot of Pink and Rogue Traders, cause I heard that clip on Doctor WHo and ended up buying the entire album...

#11429 Download or from the shops?

Posted by AYRiES on 15 August 2007 - 09:31 PM in Community Corner

Usually CDs fom offline shops, sometimes from online shops if it's older than a month or so. It's cheaper than downloading and my parents refuse to use their credit card for iTunes since they hate Apple, so eh. At least Woolies really is quite cheap for music...

However I also only ever but NEW CDs, otherwise the artists' don't get enough money for what people get out of it I don't think. Cause I get it forever and the pervious person had it for a while... which adds up to more than what they were selling. I see the atist as selling as much as the person buying will get out of it, anyway. Sorry, I'm rambling XD

I also use that playlist thing on Last.fm which lets you legally listen to songs for free if they're shuffled. All the stuff I like at the moment I can't buy til next month, so it's saved my life XD

#11426 AYRiES' Non-NiGHTS shinies

Posted by AYRiES on 15 August 2007 - 09:23 PM in Artwork

Woo, off topic artwork! Awesome. Anyway, I have artwork. First up- a self portarit which dooooesn't actualy look like me, but I like how I did it anyway so ehh XD

Posted Image

First picture I really properly coloured on Gimp... URGH white pixels. Urgh bad lineart. Mm, yellow lipstick! XD

Posted Image

Pfft. I have a MILLION things I really, really need to scan in ¬_¬ I'll bother eventually, I'm sure. XD Oh, and is anyone interested in me putting up my Harry Potter/Doctor Who livejournal icons, like I did with the NiGHTS ones in the NiGHTS artwork forum? I'm making a lot at the moment for National Art Making Month... one or more a day in fact (I'm a bit obsessed at the moment XD)

#11277 The little special things

Posted by AYRiES on 14 August 2007 - 06:05 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The original kids and NiGHTS costume. I'd like an extra like Christmas NiGHTS as well. That would rock so, so hard. Hmm... I would also love the ability, once you've finished that level, to go back with no clock or chips or anything, as the kids and as NiGHTS. Just to explore and such.

I'd also like a multiplayer mode where you can edit what NiGHTS looks like to make it look different to each player's NiGHTS. I'd love a racing gam on multiplayer, as well as a battle mode.

#11114 N:JoD Merchandise

Posted by AYRiES on 13 August 2007 - 01:00 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

We don't have a gamestop, which is now making me want to CRY because that is just awesome. Are they free in that they gve them away when they've finished if you ask, or free as in handing them out?

I wish I lived somewhere a little bigger now. Though, I don't think I've -ever- seen a gamespot. Or maybe one'll end up on eBay!

#10948 Buying a Wii

Posted by AYRiES on 11 August 2007 - 11:20 AM in Community Corner

I didn't buy it because of NiGHTS... well, technically it was a Christmas present ANYWAY. I have to say, I wouldn't buy it just for NiGHTS until next gen or something, though. Too expensive D= Still... I got into Nintendo partially through Sega. Does that redeem me any? XD

#10895 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 10 August 2007 - 08:51 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image

Made a Helen one to match his =D Textures from http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/317951...e%3A5&qo=26 (link there) and http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/241297...shes&qo=174

#10748 Splash page image requests

Posted by AYRiES on 09 August 2007 - 09:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I'd kinda like one with all 4 kids on it. With some sort of message about how everyone dreams since the new kids and old kids look so different... OK, now I'm just being -sappy- XD Obviously if a third game was made, you'd need to keep updating it though, since the idea is to show that the -whole- series is about that, otherwise you'd just think of it as partly that =p

One with all the ideyas perhaps... being all shiny and gorgeous... some minions? Pians? Objects- stars, blue chips, whatever?

#10737 Jackle appearance

Posted by AYRiES on 09 August 2007 - 06:33 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Now other human shaped Marens is what I'm looking out for. Let's all just pray they don't go Sonic on NiGHTS ass and start throwing in new characters every time they need a plot point... when the new humarens do rear their heads (and they will do it eventually) lets hope it's for a very just and valid reason... and that they look badass... none of this Emo/Cockatoo buisness.

If they DO make a humaren, I want one that is all rainbow and sparkly and when you meet them they smile and giggle and laugh and are nice and "try to help", and get childisly outraged at being attacked and get angry on pians' behalf or something... but then they end up being completely evil and they were just playing around with you.

...Well, you have to admit, it'd be better than the standard evil=dark colour, nice=light colours thing, at least? XD

Anyway, another thing about Jackle. If NiGHTS really does talk, maybe he'll talk about the nightmarens that don't get in the game... and I'd say Jackle, being more well known and remembered than, say, Clawz, might make it in as a 'cameo' in something like that, rather than in as an actual boss. Just a thought.

#10720 Jackle appearance

Posted by AYRiES on 09 August 2007 - 05:15 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I actuall don't think so, which completely sucks because I love Jackle, way more than Reala. But Reala had a bigger deal of him even in the first game, since as he was so similar he got used in 2player etc... I mean a lot of it *is* still fandom, but Jackle doesn't get as much attention by fans let alone Sega so I doubt he'll be put in. Plus obviosuly with the similarities between NiGHTS and Reala there's obvious plot there which is more likely to be picked up on than making something completely up for Jackle.

As I said, sucks... Hopefully I'm wrong. Really, really hope so... (If he DOES come back, I want him to get a really cool costume and stuff and be really tall.)

#10694 AYRiES' NiGHTS art, graphics etc. Now with added fanfic.

Posted by AYRiES on 09 August 2007 - 02:56 PM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image

William wallpaper. Textures from http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26683850/

Got the picture from here =) Works best if your start menu and such is n autohide or else it doesn't look centered...

#10678 Ayame's gallery

Posted by AYRiES on 09 August 2007 - 12:16 PM in Creative Stuff!

Oh my god, that's amazing! All those details... it looks like some kind of advertising poster or something, actually. And I absolutely LOVE how you did NiGHTS. And I like the fact that Claris is i the air in the tree and Elliot is underwater. I love the wait it's coloured as well. (what are you using? looks kinda watercolour-y, but not completely.) And eee, Gulpo! Anyway, I'll stop now before I start rambling, but I absolutely love this.

#10503 New info

Posted by AYRiES on 08 August 2007 - 09:23 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

The VA might still be for gibberish...? Like, yelps when you get hit, or whatever?

OK, that's not very likely. ;_- Still, he/she might be good.

As for Reala, to be honest, I didn't dislike him in the last game, and the battle was kinda fun. It'd be cool if he got some sort of story this time... but if it IS about him being NiGHTS' opposite, I'm praying he doesn't get too much of a personality. That'd give too much about NiGHTS away ;)

#10274 Could you imagine?

Posted by AYRiES on 07 August 2007 - 09:37 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Reala is Shadow the Hedgehog. I saw the title on a deviation and the idea will NOT leave me alone XD NiGHTS would be somethng shiny and sparkly. Maybe Sailor Moon... ooh, pun. XD

#10273 In one word.

Posted by AYRiES on 07 August 2007 - 09:35 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

1.) Gentle

2.) Short

#10157 What time would you play NiGHTS JOD?

Posted by AYRiES on 06 August 2007 - 04:52 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

It doesn't realy matter to me, but probably in the day- at night I'm kinda tired. But it wouldn't feel any different, for me- I mean, I won't really be thinking about how it's late at night in the game, especially since it's "daytime" in the levels. So it wouldn't really help me immerse myself, since it won't be on my mind and most of it will take part in the day in a manner of speaking- just day for nightopia instead.

On the other hand, I might just never stop playing, so in that case- day AND night! XD