Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*squee* @ current iMAGiNi splash.

I wish I could design outfits like you, woman! >:o

srsly U.V.'s outfit in that splash is amazing. @.@ Shiiinyyyyy~

That is U.V., right? Non-Nightmaren U.V.?

Been gone too long, I'm so behind. ;;'

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

That is U.V., right? Non-Nightmaren U.V.?

Yup! S/he's called iMAGNi now :3

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Ooh, okay! Thanks Josse~! =^^=

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh god. The trees. They burn.

Drawing trees= nyaaaaaaarghghg. XD;

God my back hurts. It's weird, i now find traditional pen nibs and ink easier to ink with than pens... not having to go over a line twice really helps my art i think... looks better with hair strands as well.

I encourage any artist who wants to do a lot of inking to just grab nibs and inks instead. Proper Deleter nibs though, my old regular nibs sucked so bad it was impossible to ink with them. Deleter Maru, G and saji are so thin and nice and versitile for different things. The G is brilliant for drawing tree branches incidentaly. It's bendddyyy. Trying to not sneeze while inking however = suicide. I keep my ink pot on my lap.

I got distracted and drew a few pages from AGES on in issue 12 or something. I just had to get it out my brain before it lost any of its emotion i think, lol. But enough of that, I'm supposed to be inking X| *smacks self*

iNSOMNiAC:
Thanks for the luvvin. iMAGNi is shaping up nicely on paper and personality wise :blink:

this is so funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn XD

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman
Dude, I totally love nib and quill style inking. It was probably the most used style to my traditional art besides my painting. Though I tend to get lazy and use the Microns. The brush pen they have is ungodly wicked for those kinda lines you just wanna whoosh right on by with. Another technique I did was just color a majority of the major detailed areas in solid black and went over the area with white gouache. Best to have a good idea to what you wanna do first before attempting. And I suggest it to be with objects closer to the front of the panel.

And that ends my tutorial. Well maybe not so much a tutorial...

OH! I think I saw the American twin of Niyazi at the shop last week! I was gonna go Bunnyman! But he was not him. This fellow was not sporting green at all... Disappointed a bit, yes

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I just realized that I'm really excited about this comic. oO

I've wanted to find a not-Japanese comic to read for eons, and this might just be it!

TRiP, do you mind if I add the iMAGiNi site to Stumble? :blink:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
:) Don't mind at all.

Though I tend to get lazy and use the Microns.

I'd be lying if i said i don't do that too XD;; Some bits NEED pens. I can't ink hands worth crap with nibs. I have a shaky hand.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
There we go, added to stumble under 'Comic Books'! :D

*squirms with happy* wantwantwant

I'm so doing fanart of this somehow. >:) I don't care if my art sucks compared to most!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Heyyy, lookie what I found: http://www.side7.com...y...ry&aid=3686

Wow, lots of old stuff..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
And that just goes to show how someones art can develop over time as long as you keep at it. It really is amazing to see how much TRiP's style has evolved over the last 6 years.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Lol thanks for reminding me i was in the middle of deleting that account XD; I forgot all about it when i moved to DA. *banishes to the firey pits of teenage deletion*. If my art is gonna be anywhere i want it to be in one place so it's easy to keep track of, i forgot side7 existed o_o

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Lol, and now it's gone. XD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Aw bummer, I wanted to see some of TRiPPY's older art. :<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
It'll all be on imagni.com's gallery of OOOOOoooold, don't worry <_< (even though it all makes me cringe!)

One day i have to show you guys my old Sonic art from 1994, tons of it.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Woohoo! <_<

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'd like to see your old Sonic stuff, too. At least I don't think I've seen any of it XD

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I think all of our age-old artwork makes us cringe. xD I just recently found a drawing from when I was 10 or so of a Pikachu anthromorph--it disgusted me at first but then suddenly I was struck with awe of how much I've improved. It's weird--it's like both stroking and destroying your ego at the same time. lol.

I admire your courage to put up your old artwork. I would never, ever, ever do that. Mostly because they're all lost...you must be either really organized, or a packrat. (Considering how organised artistic types usually are, though, I'm thinking the 'packrat' option is more likely.)

Edit: OMG! DA has finally show thumbnails of your art!

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Art from 5+ years ago? The stuff of HATE. I can barely stand what I'd done from 2 years ago. But I always keep stuff from where I started -- it lets me see that I've gotten better, and keeps me from giving up. Although, most of the junk from about 7-8 years ago was tracing or stick figures with horrible anatomy -- no joke. But then I started getting better, and things flow more easily, now. I can actually live with what I draw -- a new experience for me. :)

The only reason that all of my stuff hasn't gone and burned in a fire yet is because I have a filing cabinet, now. And I'm pretty sure that more art is waiting in my closet to be unburied in some sort of archaeological dig. :)

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

One day i have to show you guys my old Sonic art from 1994, tons of it.

DB and I found some of your old stuff in scans of the old Sonic comic once, actually.
Your love of shiney things, blondes, and rainbows seems to have remained to this day :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
I poop shiny things.

Working more on comic today, feel a bit blah but I'll try my best.
I let Blu read all of issue 0 lastnight and she really liked it, i half expected her to have a few gripes but she really prefers it to the old stuff, which is good since she was so into the old stuff. Although she lives right beside me i hadn't let her see anything of my work this year apart from the diaries, and since shes been offline shes not seen any of the new dreamers. So that was fun. I'm glad that went down well.

Dear lord I'm tired T_T

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Perhaps you should take a nap for a while... You work so hard on this, it's good to know it's coming along well, but I'm sure no one wants you to work yourself to exhaustion over it *hug*

And grah, I Would have had photos of my Stuff for you by today, if the bloody customs hadn't gone mucking about and making me pay before they delivered it XP Bear with me...

Edit- the next day, after work, I discover the bag of yay has arrived. And instead of making a pointless new post just for it, here XD

http://i15.photobuck...ic/Image037.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/Image038.jpg

The trouble was, pinning the badges to it without damaging the waterproofing. Solution- BAG STRAP!

http://i15.photobuck...ic/Image039.jpg

hehe. I like this bag, it's awesome. And bright :3

(mini edit- turned the pictures into links. I didn't realise my phone camera took the photos that big O_O)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Holeh cheezekake!!!! 8DDD *can see the dA entries now in all of their sparkle-tasmic glory* If your iMAGNi comics are anything like the ones in your dA gallery, you're fixing to be my favorite comic artist!! *wishes she could see the entire comic series, but knows that's probably not a good idea* Granted... I don't know how much that's saying, given I tend to have multiple 'favorites' of any one genre, but still... XDD

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
It's really inspiring seeing how hard you work on the comic ^^, i feel like i should be doing more creative stuffs.

APPRECIATION BEAMS ON!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Was working my ass off today only to have my motivation and mood killed by my retarded neighbours above us flooding our kitchen :| AND THEY STILL ARENT HOME. Idiots. I hope all their stuff is wreaked because they sure made our day fun and we still can't get a hold of our landlord and our ceiling will probably cave in. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee~
But anyway, back on topic, i inked more today, drew some nice landscapey stuff, done some research and since i have a lot of spare time between now and food arriving i may as well plan bits of the next issue in my brain.

Now to get rid of that headache >:D
*foul mood*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
Dont be in a bad mood! Just think on the bright side: At least you got some of the comic done; one less thing to worry about! : D

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
It's kinda hard to have a good mood when your ceiling's waterboarding you. 0-o;;; Good luck getting that fixed!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
I was just trying to be optimistic...>_>

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Apartment neighbours suuuuck. I've got some nice ones at the moment (we're probably the loudest, because of housemate's massive home theater system + my violin :blink: )

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Apologies for being a pessimist; I didn't intend to shoot your optimistic comment down, Kitsune, but I guess my wording made that unavoidable. ^^;;;;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Well we're going to have builders/decorators in fixing our ceiling soon so that'll be fun.... *cry* lol it always happens when I'm trying to work!

I'm taking my art stuff into the livingroom today since it's sunny in there and i can sit at the table. I've done nothing but ink for a very long time now and it feels like It's moving at snails pace ToT I know it's not, but, jeeze, i have no idea how these other artists do it like 5 inked pages a day. There again, I'm doing EVERYTHING, i don't have an art team behind me so It'll take longer i guess. God it's so much hard work ^^; It's so draining sometimes. Which is odd because you wouldn't think sitting on your ass for hours on end would be tiring at all, but it burns my brain.

I should buy one of those stupid back supports for old people. My spiiiiine.

I swear to god when this comic is finished if i don't sell at least ONE copy I'm swimming out to sea and not coming back lol.

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

It's so draining sometimes. Which is odd because you wouldn't think sitting on your ass for hours on end would be tiring at all, but it burns my brain.

I should buy one of those stupid back supports for old people. My spiiiiine.

I hear that. I've got glasses for when my eyes get tired, but if I don't take something for the headache before putting on the glasses, I just make it worse. ^_^

For me, it was more the neck and shoulders than the spine. I stuck a tall art desk in my room so that I wouldn't be hunched over all the time when drawing or making my plushies. It helps, a little.

Also, some comic book artists have an art team, yes -- but many of them also use digital inking methods. Traditional inking is hard to come across, these days. Traditional inking makes it more valuable, and more unique.

I swear to god when this comic is finished if i don't sell at least ONE copy I'm swimming out to sea and not coming back lol.

If that happens, I'll buy all of them and fly across the world and back to smack society over the head with a very large stick. :P

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

I'm pretty much buying one even if I have to take a second mortgage on my house. So no worries about that. Though, if you DO swim out to sea, point yourself in a southwesterly direction and see if you can make it to Texas. You can live in my guest room.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
...if only she could swim, eh.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Lol, Trip, you're putting so much effort into this, it would be a crime NOT to buy one! ;) I'm definately getting one myself, I really look forward to seeing how it turns out :D

Stick a plank of wood down your back. It's cheaper than an old people back thingy XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
THAT my dear is a plan! *straps herself in*

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Sitting still and working your brain is just as exhausting as manual labor. It's just of the mind instead of the body and mental exhaustion is harder to overcome.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Okay, sitting in the livingroom at the table is actualy a lot better. Plus I'm facing a wall and not being distracted by TV/PC/DiGi's butt/THE WORLD etc. I'm very easily distracted...

OH LOOK I'M ONLINE AGAIN :| haha, crap I'm terrible. I went to the kitchen to get a drink and ended up checking my mails. Which is 3 rooms away.

I suppose i should say i finished inking another damn page. That way i will be forgiven for my little detour... i hope.
God DAMN I'm starving! XO So hard to concentrate sometimes.

I plan on going to bed at 1am tonight and see how many more panels i can get inked in that time. Current page has 5. 2 already complete.
Doing these boring pointless updates here is one of the odd ways i motivate myself. I know it's repetitive, sorry for that lol. I just want it finished already!

*slinks off to the kitchen for dinner*

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
You need some sort of magic robot muffin box on the table, then whenever you're hungry it would make a muffin appear for munchings ;) *insert motivational crap here* XD I must rememebr not to wreck my bag, I wanna show you it in person at Auchi lol.

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.

I just want it finished already!

You're not the only one! *Gets her magic fairy wand and tries to poof ink onto the pages.* *Fails* ToT

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Apparently theyre going to rip down half the kitchen ceiling and rebuild it D: waaaargh. So that was some crap news. But for every bad there is a good. I was contacted yesterday by a friend who's management company wants me to do work for her... soooo it looks like I'll be doing more creative company work while working on my comic at the same time XD; It's all good. That way we might not starve, lol.

DiGi and i had another one of our latenight/early morning discussions and thought up some great stuff to add to the story that really brings things together better. Thus the TRiPPY beast is pleased.

I'm working on an easy to ink page today so i'll probably get started on the other one at the same time. Must learn to multitask!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users