Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'll be shoving any non NiGHTS/iMAGNi stuff in here (yes i actualy DO that from time to time : O )

First i just have to find it!

*runs off*

The first tattoo i designed for my brother a few years ago-
The eye of Wisdom.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
A tattoo i designed for my brother this year.

Posted Image
I designed this one in febuary to go directly under his snake one, he's still saving up the casholas for it.

Next up, does anyone here like batman?
*goes to transfer photos of most recent commission*

This time i decided to keep track by taking photos of my progress. Plus i always find it intresting to see art sort of growing on the page.
First sketch ideas.
Posted Image

Then an image comparison from my first attempt i gave up on because it had no soul, to the new sexy ones lineart. I use fineliner inking pens, a putty rubber and black ink.
Posted Image

More progress on the painting. I always leave the background to last e_e Really bad practise.
Posted Image

And moooore. I decided to use some airbrushing on this. I got ink everywhere XD *bluefingers*
Posted Image

I completed the painting yesterday, but because it's way too big for my scanner i had to take a photo instead. This is it WITHOUT the flash being on. The painting is quite dark like this, a flash makes it very shiny and not black anymore >_<
Posted Image

This is the painting with the *atomic* flash on which makes the base look hideous and grey. I'll be taking a proper scan of this in the morning and glue it together in photoshop :3
Harley you foxy momma. Excuse my photography!
Posted Image

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
*Gasp* I loves me some Batman! Especially Harley! *Sits like a hawk and waits*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
ZOMG I love looking at tattoo designs...And these are awesome TRiPPY! I'll prolly never get one myself cuz I hate needles, (;)) but I I could, I'd get that eagle/bird of prey one. It rules. And so does Batman, for that matter. *waits*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*adds craptastic photos that ruin the painting : D *

Enjoy, I'm scanning and patching it tommorow. It's biiiig.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The tattoos look pretty sweet. That painting looks pretty cool too. :blink:

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
That's some of the nicest art I've seen you do in ages, missy! Very glad you redid the pose, there were a few things off about original one. Though Batman's feet look weird and I have no idea why D: Maybe it's just the angle, hmm.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The original painting was suckage, i was stuck on it for ages because i really didn't like it, so i redone it, and thank god XD;
Menfeets and anything generaly mannish doth usualy cause me problems, i need to draw DiGi's feet more!

The next commission up hopefully tommorow shall be BatGirl. She's an intresting character i should read up more on.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Hmmmmm...... Nice
You'd think we would see some more chains in relation to the most recent news topic.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thankyou :3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Trippy, my dear. You do know how proud i am of you for actually getting that commission finished, right? :D
We're nearly done with that list. THEN, it's gonna be all on you. Can't wait to get that ball rolling.
*kisskiss* Keep it up, babes. :P

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
L-look..... it IS Harley....! TT_TT Your drawings are SEXAY! I love your tattoo designs! Man, if I could draw patterns correctly, Purgatory's symbol wouldn't look like shizzy nizzy. *lol* Awesome stuffs!! I never get to see outside your NiD/iMAGNi stuff. I love it!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Awesome Harley, yo

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh wow! Those are a mile past fantastic! 8D. What were the coloring tools you used?

Nara

Nara

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
My those tattoo designs are lovely~ I especially like the middle one... *loves intertwiney stuff* And the Harley pic is fantastic! I love your attention to detail and your inking/coloring skillz are to die for. <3

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Im sooo jealous! You are such a good artist! >_< (I'm not meaning to be kissass or anything...)

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
*huzzah's for the possibility of future iMAGNi stoofs* : D

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

*huzzah's for the possibility of future iMAGNi stoofs* : D

Thassa right, you've got a lean mean TF gen machine to be designed! :P
Though I have to admit, seeing TRiP draw non NiGHTS/iMAGNi stuff is really refreshing, as it's pretty much all I've seen from her since what, the matrix painting she did ages ago?
Dude you should totally draw the Spice Girls (I was playing Singstar the other day and the 'who do you think you are' video clip reminded me of how kickass they were)

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
: D Well, hopefully it incorporates TF and MegamanXish stuff.

But myes. As much as I like her NiGHTS stuff, I enjoy OTHER subjects. :3

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Just a tip, on shooting art too big for the scanner, a tripod is your friend. That way you don't have to use the flash, but it won't come out blurry from the longer exposure time needed. If you don't have one, just put the camera on a chair or something with the art bluetacked to a wall in front of it. And if you've got it, use a timer so you're not touching the camera at all when it goes off. That way you'll get a nice crisp image without it getting washed out by the flash.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
HO MAH GOODNESS! I LOVE Batman, specially Harley, my old username was HARLEYQNiGHTS in the old forums, this picture is amazing, I looove it. I found a Harley Quinn Barbie doll at a flea market for a dollar, I now wear the keychain it came with on my chain wallet (With my sonic keychain lol) And I have my Hush designed figure in front of it, it looks spiffy with my collection of neet-o things on my top shelf lol.

Wow, this is like, pwnage XD. Awesome work.

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman
You know I always dug your tattoo ideas, what two I've seen to date and now this new one is just awesome. Great work

I'm also digging the Harley design, dear. The coloring is remarkable as is the line art. Definitely a sexy pose for the sexy sidekick to the Joker. I applaud!

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
You continue to impress me, especially with the second and third tattoo, as well as the picture of Harley.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
On another note, your brother looks like a dum-dum lollipop. BUT THATS NOT ART! >:0 ... Or IS it...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Finaly got it scanned and joined. The black paint and chalks unfortunately still get eaten by the scanner but nevermind. Materials used- Pens, acrillics, ink, chalk and tipex (whiteout). Also some metalic silvers and stuff.
Posted Image

A bonus commission for same nice bloke who was very very happy with the above picture. This turned out quite nice considering it took me a couple of hours. Done with pens and tipex.
Posted Image

I'm in the process of doing my batgirl and Sawa commish's right now and lastnight i finished some of my published work ^_^ (completely wow) So it'll go on sale and be pimped here when i recieve my preview copy and check it over. Yes it's iMAGNi. You'll be wanting to keep an eye on imagni.com in the coming weeks before i move home. I want to get as much stuff done before i leave.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeaaaaahhhh!! :D

You know you're kickin' ass right now, babes. Don't act like you don't know. lol XD
It's nice to see you completing your stuff, and so quickly too @_@ omg. I was expecting that second Harley picture to take you another day or so. You done it in 5 hours max! Just goes to show that when you put your mind to it you get sh!t done. Either that or me kicking your ass is paying off right now, lol XP

Keep it going, TRiPSTAAAAH!!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Why o why did I only just now notice Bats there on the ground. XD LOL Awesome work, TRiPPY!

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
Wow, I gotta say, It looks ten times better after you finished it off with Photoshop. Cameras are incredibly lame to deal with

I'm very impressed^^ your inking is amazing whereas I am a shame to all things inked XD

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Brilliant~ I love the look on her face in that second pic, verrrry sexy.
By the way, got any tips for working with tippex/white out? The times I've tried it it has either gone all runny or dried before I got it the way I wanted it. .__. Like...instantly.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Looking good. Published work? Novel or Comic (I remember reading somewhere you were working on some written work)

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Published iMAGNi, you say? :3 This shall be interesting.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Oi...
I wish we could see how you color all that stuff.
T_T

LadyTwinkle

LadyTwinkle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Designing, theatrical makeup, painting, costume creation, sewing, 80's animation, comic books, Traveling abroad. And of course NiGHTS!
Stunning! absolutely stunning!
You are incredibly talented!
(why is it all the great artists are overseas? what do they FEED you people?)

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
Ah, speaking of iMAGNi I went there the other day expecting to still see the black BG, I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't LoL. Can't wait!!

As for what you have here, if I've said it once I've said it a million times, besides your drawing skills, your coloring skills are crazy! The colors, the background, her pose, everything's lovely. And the tattoos, the intertwined one is also one of my faves.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Beautiful art as ever, Lynne.
Do you still do commissions?

I'm always envious of your art. <3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Just a quick update to say the iMAGNi.com splash has been updated. Might want to check it out.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Joy on a stick! An update!

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
'Peace'? Hmm... He looks kyoot. : D

Though I'm wondering: Are the iMAGNi peoples still based on actual people, or are there some characters you made up, or both, or... ?

I was curious about that since the first splash image popped up and nearly gave me a heart attack.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well to be fair about 3 people are real the rest are out of my own brain, both dreamer and gen. This time I'm putting tons of bits of things i like about people into 1 character instead of pinpointing 1 real person. That way people can have fun guessing where certain characters came from :3 I mean to look at Falda people will probably think of D.C by design, but she's actualy more inspired by Ica and Josse along with my old friend in junior school. Some things have completely changed whereas others keep direct homage to things i still like a second time around.
The most fun is designing these new dreamers, because people get to guess what Gen they are. And not all of them are incredibly obvious this time around XD *secretlol*

I'm having incredible fun with this stuff. It was nasty at first but then i quickly warmed up to the idea, and now it's just tumbling out of me like some kind of glittery bighaired puke. I've been drawing so much @_@; And Niyazi is so damn inspiring, we sit talking about story arcs and new characters in bed. So fun ^^

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I'm digging the textures on the little blue guy's shiny things. Especially his wings, those are lovely.

I'm glad you're finally doing your own thing with it.

Minor nitpick, you've got some odd anti aliasing going on around the characters. I've got a feeling this is because you're cutting the images out after you finish them... if you want I can tell you a method on photoshop not to have to do that (but I won't spam your thread with it if you don't need it <_< )

Oh, actually, this might sound a bit weird, but now they're not in your stuff any more, would it be okay if I used someone similar to Grey and Ghost in my own dream thing. Grey probably wouldn't be all that similar to your design and obviously her background would be completely different, but there were some things about her and her little not-quite-imaginary friend that like and it'd be a shame for them to die off completely. If you don't want me to, it's okay, but I thought I'd ask.

(Cause come on, Grey and Leighton bitching about how much everyone sucks and never listen to them while playing Jue de Tarot over a cup of tea needs to happen. NEEDS.)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ayamemaiden- About commissions, no not for a long long while I'm afraid. I'm working through commissions i owe right now amongst my other work, so when i get them all completed I'd really like a breather and more time to concentrate on putting more effort into my own work. Until i get a constant flow of work done to a professional standard i don't want to risk getting into the same trouble i did the last time. So I'm just playing it safe by saying no, but maybe in a few years time or something. Still, nodoubt i'll be selling off bits of my old artwork now and then.

Katy- Sure, I never really expected anyone to outright dump everything about their gens in the first place. A lot of people put hard work into developing their backstories and personalities and stuff after i drew them. So it would be a waste for people who want to, to feel like they cant. The way things are this time around anyway people can make fangens and stuff out the wazoo if they like. I have no problems with you taking aspects of what grey was to be and using them however you please for your own stuff. I'm glad you asked lol. Grey was cool. Actualy, in my new version of stuff Gold and Silver have no subgens, I'm keeping the shiny guys rare lol.

As for the nitpick XD; yeah! i noticed that too lastnight after i uploaded the thing. See, i usualy (all the characters so far apart from yesterdays) keep the art on a layer and the background on a layer then drag the entire transparent art layer onto the splash image. But it wasnt until i viewed the image on my TV screen that i noticed giant not-quite-white grey areas all over it. It turned out my screen was way too bright and my art was covered in goddamn brush scribbles again >_< So i turned my screen down to quite dark as i dont want my white stuff to print out in book form with grey scribbles on.
So!
Lastnight i got lazy and just dragged Sapphire across via magicwand. But yeah. pixels. Ew.

Thankfully i still have the big layer version... i think.

But seriously, wtf, i'm always running into problems with my screen. Do you know of any websites or images that help to set screens to the universal *correct* color/brightness? Lol it reminds me of when you visited and my old old old screen i didnt realise was like dayglow white from the gamma. Need to fix! I'm sick of white bits on my art not actualy *being* white.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users