Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TRiP's other OTHER art

• Please log in to reply
1069 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
People should really consider buying some of those old iMAGNi artworks. Once Engelbaum gets rolling you can imagine that the old stuff will be worth something. If not that then consider yourself to be one of the lucky people to own an original drawing that belonged to the storyline before the rehaul. Not many people will be able to own stuff like that. Frame it and hang it on your wall and tell all your friends when this iMAGNi things kicks off - "i bought that off the original artist". XD

Also, you'll be helping us pay for a gas bill. Can't forget that. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I think i prefered paying for electricity and heating with the meter rather than this 'SUPRISSSSSSSSSSSSE!' bill every 3/4 months. It's not fair because we had a problem with the house, the heater broke and then it ramped up our bill in the middle of summer >_< bleh. Thank god we're moving again later on.

I just put up a favourite drawing of mine, D.C sleep drooling. I'm selling that set of drawings because i only got about 3 or 4 people into it and stopped, lol.

Thankyou to the people watching and bidding on my items so far ^^ It really helps! To be honest, I'd rather other people owned my old art anyway because i rarely take it out anymore, so it feels wasted. I'd give it away for free but i need to help pay this dumb freakbill.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Sort of like CafePress, Lulu is pretty crappy with that whole "package tracking" deal. I'm hoping and assuming that my Sapphire diary shows up tomorrow, since I think I ordered the Orange one the same day of the week I did the Sapphire...

Anyway. Stinks that my bank was a jerk about bills this week, otherwise I'd be able to bid on your eBay stoofs. Ended up a bit shorter than I thought.. *sigh*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
XD; *hugs* woman stop buying so much stuff I'm gonna make you unintentionaly bankrupt! D: As for the book, yeah i had to wait friggin AGES for mine to show up... which was weird because i remember the Orange one took about 2 weeks and i when i got the 'dispatched' email i got the book through the door the same morning.

I just sold some craft stars so I'm happy :3 posting out first thing tommorow! (mentioning just incase the buyer is someone at these forums ^^)

infractus

infractus

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
XD
Don't worry about bankruptcy... very far from it, though I'm not so far ahead of it. I just think it's pointless that BOTH Lulu and CafeP give you these "tracking numbers" that don't really give you any idea as to what's going on. It's just easier for me to plan on intercepting the mail so my folks don't ask, "What've you been ordering online? Why?"

Anyway, dumb question that I've been meaning to ask but too weird and unsure to ask to pop up in your inbox soon....

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
>< Well, what a time, what a time. I remember the days of yore when these were out on the internet. I probably still have some of it saved.

...Will there at least be a retro iMAGNi gallery somewhere on the iMAGNi site? It would be a shame for these pictures to go and never be seen again.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
^^ oh of course there will be a retro gallery XD I've got too much fanart and stuff to bin it all. I really want to show how the iMAGNi stuff started in order for people to understand where it's going. That goes for the old iMAGNi themed music and stuff as well, and crafts and jeeze, there's a lot O-O;
Theres tons of stuff i never scanned either, all scribbly tush but it'll be scanned so it doesnt go to waste, plus I'll be using things i never showed in the new stuff. The new website is going to be jam packed with stuff.

edit- woah that was record amount usage of the word 'stuff' in one post.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I would like to buy some gold stars myself, but I'd need "matching" crescent moons...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
.... O_O THE PUDDLE PIDGEON HAS A FRIEND? WTF THE UNIVERSE WILL PERISH!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
..but he's so cute! and.. pathetic! ;_;
and wow, they bid 20 quid for it O_o

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
...damn the dollar. When the Orange bookie was released, the dollar to quid exchange rate was 1.4x...it's almost nearly 2x now.

Unbelievable...*sigh* oh well.

*stalks the b&w works and bracelets*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
The exchange rate fluctuates a lot, it's great if you live on this side of the pond, but from living in America and knowing how much i can get for $10 vs £10 its about the same. Money rates are weird... all money should be worth the same.

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I actually just finished a class on international political economy, and we studied floating exchange rates. The value of each currency is essentially determined in the same way the values of any other commodities are determined. It all depends on how much currency speculators are willing to pay for that currency. If demand for the U.S. dollar is high relative to the supply of U.S. dollars on the world market, the value goes up. If the supply is high relative to the demand, then the value goes down. And this is all relative to the values of each other world currency.

Exchange rate only effects the purchasing power of a currency on its domestic market relative to imported goods. Prices of goods produced entirely domestically are unaffected by the exchange rate of the domestic currency. So, theoretically, if the domestic purchasing power of two currencies is the same, then 1 gallon of milk will cost the same on the domestic market. However, though the U.K. pound sterling might purchase the same amount of milk in the British market as one U.S. dollar purchases on the U.S. market, theoretically, because of the exchange rate, the U.K. pound sterling will purchase twice as much U.S. milk.

Since we don't really import milk for obvious reasons, the exchange rate, instead, makes British imports from the U.S. cheaper and U.S. imports from the U.K. more expensive. This might seem like a bad thing for the U.S., but it's not all bad. The weak dollar makes U.S. exports more competitive on the world market and also encourages foreign direct investment in the U.S. So, U.S. consumers might lose due to the rising cost of imports (the U.S. dollar has recently decreased in value relative to nearly every world currency), but U.S. producers are benefiting. If foreign direct investment increases, then consumers may benefit as well, as the investors get more dollar for their foreign currency, and then because they are producing within the U.S. rather than importing, they can sell at prices the U.S. market can afford.

... I guess that was a really boring way to say that the exchange rate only sucks for Americans if they wanna buy foreign stuff, but otherwise it turns out well for us.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Sway said:

The pound is stronger than the dollar. Holla!

XD Sorry American friends but i'm loving this exchange rate right now.

Aaaanyways, back on topic. I realised today that the month of May is almost over. We technically have 5 or so months until Auchinawa and i'm hoping we get this comic done in time. I know 5 months is long enough anyway but there tends to be a lot of distractions over here lately. Of course, TRiP is working hard on it and i'm praying we get this ready in time. We'll be gutted if we don't. We have had to put the Jackle cosplay idea on hold for now due to the time frame of things.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I wish I could do comics and stuff as well as TRiPPY. I'd be rolling in dough. However, I have not the attention span. My God, though, if I had the money, I'd be buying TRiPPY's stuff like a fat, hairy man wearing Sailor Moon cosplay buys comics at a convention.

Trust me. Have you ever seen a fat, hairy man wearing Sailor Moon cosplay? It will scar you for life.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
No, but we do have a 30-something man who cosplays Sailor Jupiter every single year. (And he doesn't shave his legs. *shudder*) And actually, I didn't realize a lot of what Wolf said about the international market and stuff, so that was interesting. Thanks. </offtopic>

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

XD Sorry American friends but i'm loving this exchange rate right now.

Here's a reason to hate it:

The pieces that TRiPPY puts up for £40 translates to a few cents short of $80. EIGHTY DOLLARS!? That doesn't even come CLOSE to a reasonable commission price, unless you were getting an entire wall mural. It REALLY dissuades us in the US to buy the colored pieces.

It really angers me, because if the £ was a $, I would find $40 to be a very reasonable asking price. But you'd only be getting £20 towards your gas bill.

IT'S NOT FAIR!! D=>

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
>_> When i was younger i was selling sets of A4 arts for £4-5hundred a pop. £80 isn't that much in profesional art. Not being a snobby jackass or anything but I'm currently selling my artwork for peanuts. I once sold a doodle for £130 XD; It depends on who is buying and how much they value your artwork as a buyer.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Depends on who you're commissioning, really. TRiPPY has sold art for much higher prices than this before.

At the end of the day when TRiPPY was pricing these pieces of art she had to take into consideration that you Americans would be paying more for them and so she has set it to the lowest yet most respectable price she (and ANY) other artist should give their own work. At some point these pieces meant a lot to her (some of them still do). I would rather she not sell them if she chose to drop the price anymore than she has done, being quite honest. Any lower than this and it becomes an insult.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I understand. (But a doodle for 130 quid? O_o;; thats...erm...wow....)

My biggest problem is that I only have about $50 to spend on leisurely stuff at the time. I'd be apt to spending more if I HAD more...but that just isn't the case.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

EIGHTY DOLLARS!? That doesn't even come CLOSE to a reasonable commission price

Yeah, it's actually really cheap for a professional artist's work.

I mean, just think about it in terms of hours spent doing them. Times those hours even by minimum wage and that adds up. With a piece that's already done it's a little different, but with a commission, a lot of people have to work for much less than they're worth.

(Also, a whole wall mural for $80!? That would be worth $150-200 at the least. Murals are tough! XD)

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
>_-;;;;;

I apologize for my lack of experience? I've never seen people ask for commissions over $40/piece. Flat rate, of course, going up with additional characters and whatnot.

I guess I just don't understand professional artwork. I can't imagine having to do something that I find a leisure-time activity as a job...all the stress of due dates and quality expectations would take all of the fun out of it for me..

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Yay for retro gallery! I was worried there for a moment.

Trust me, Lynne. Had I the cash to spare, I would be snapping up your art like it was about to be burned to death by Nazis. But I'll have to let other people do that since I'm about broke.

Completely off topic note, but I must say anyway:
MD... I want to molest your avatar.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
I just remembered the most i ever paid an artist for a commission was £300 and that was one image. In the end i never got my artwork and they ran off never to be seen again XD; I still search for them from time to time. They were cool enough, and it bugs me becuase if i found them I'd ask for my commission to be changed to new Engelbaum stuff instead of my old idea. He moved house and vanished *spooky hands*
As my favourite artist once told me, you don't do yourself any favours by underselling yourself. Richard Elson Amen.

I should really get to coloring the next dreamer D: But first i gotta run out to the postoffice before it closes.
*hugs you all and bolts*

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I must have ridiculously cheap commission prices then O_o Lol, well your art deserves decent pricing anyway, it's awesome XD

Edit- out of curiosity, what are your average commission prices anyway?

And when I read the post-office rush comment, I suddenly had this scene come to mind...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/Fen...epostoffice.jpg

Lol. I blame... I dunno. Something.

infractus

infractus

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
Yaaaaay~ My Sapphire diary arrived yesterday. It's so awesomely bluetastic! *salivates*
Somehow, it seems even glossier than the Orange diary, but .. then.. Poor Orange has seen a bit of wear-n-tear from me toting it around in my bag all the time.

I still owe a few pictures from the other merch I bought, so I'll get some later of the new diary when I'm looking less hungover (lol, go unexpectedly long workday!) and disgusting XP

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Does anyone else find is strange that the people bidding on TRiPPY's stuff are "Bidder 1" and "Bidder 2"?

Or maybe it's just ebay.co.uk that's messing with me?

@Midget: Go ahead! Denying Tennant's molestability is heresy.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
You can select to have the bidders name remain annoymous and only the seller can see who's bidding. :)

...'strange' in what way, exactly?

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Oh, I didn't know about that.

I found it strange because I've never seen that before. The anonymity made me think that the bids were computer-generated or something like that.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Fenii- your link doesn't work :)

Infractus- YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I was really worried it was taking too long XD Mines took ages! Glad you like ^^ I'm really pleased with the way the cover came out on this one, it is rather glossy *-* I had so much fun with the art in this one XD It was like, how many humiliating things could i do to poor Sapphire lol. The cake *gaglaugh* Photos mucho apreciated since I've not taken any myself yet @_@

Murasaki- lol i thought that too. I was viewing a seller on Ebay a few weeks ago and all their listings were won by 'seller 1' 'seller 2' and so on. I immediately thought it was some powerseller generating false good feedback and left them alone. Only found out when putting up my listings that i could chose to enable seller anonimity (but i don't recall doing so) I think its an auto thing now. When im signed in i can see my sellers names, but when i log out i can't. A few people from these forums are bidding, but i wont say their names incase it bugs them :3

infractus

infractus

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
I've seriously been wanting to eat the delicious shiny blueness of the diary allllll friggin' day (since my job ain't kept me fed, lol, so much for working in a restaurant!). And now I DEMAND.. err, well, request... a Sapphire cupcake badge XDD *eagerly checks CafePress store*

The doodles are fun! I love that one of teatime with Valentine.... too cute ! <3
You seem to have definitely had fun with the doodles. The expressions are priceless, and supercool. I almost feel weird about writing in this (though I've yet to fill up the rest of my Orange diary). All in good time.

My dad was even impressed with 1) the fact that there are self publishing companies out there and 2) how good and neat everything came out ..he intercepted the package since I had to work the entire day through, so he was curious to see what it was.

I still look like hell, but here's some pics:

First off, kinda unrelated. My cat telling me "THERE WILL BE NO NiGHTS!" ...he sleeps on homework, newspaper, video games...
(juuuuust now recently got a Wii and finally~ got JoD)
Posted Image

Super-awesome Sapphire diary:
(yes, it makes me crave something blue-razz flavored... and was the only picture that came out semi decent. i look like crap for working 11 hours)
Posted Image

Dreamytime in mismatched jammies
Posted Image

Trying to look suave with my Oakleys and m'spiffy iMAGNi-badged bag. Need someone to take pix of me instead of holding a camera out in front...
Posted Image

I beeeeeelong....
Posted Image

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *shrieks like a madwoman and falls down some stairs* Thankyou so much for the phootoos! I forgot you bought the I belong journal! I was worried it would print too dark, but it looks fine :3 *massive grin* It's so cool to see someone with both books together XD thankyouthankyouthankyou! Tell your dad to write a book and publish it! ^^

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
More awesome photos of awesome stuff. I actually thought those books were smaller than that for some reason XD Want more :) Chunky books make Fen happy, even more so when they is pretty colours :3

And bah at the crappy link. Dunno what happened there. Try again? Post office attack!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Pfhahahahahah awesome! XD It generaly was like that only with more sneezing afterwards since DiGi has hayfever and i dragged him along. Postoffices on saturdays are mystical things, your never quite sure what to expect. Got stuff posted though, and bought lots more envelopes for that Ebay stuff.

Currently finishing an old commission pic of Sawa from Kite. I'll post it up here when I'm done. *messy hand*

Must cook dinner... must draw... must argh... so busy T_T

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
*Just got back from Lynne's Ebay page*

Dang! I remember almost all of those pictures! The iMAGNi class one made me giggle. I wish I could buy one of them! ;_; *Has alreaady pestered her parents for something on Ebay this month*

Oh well! I still have a great chance on getting the diarys at least...

Speaking of the old art though:

That's all going to be in the books like "My little White book" I believe it's called?

*Runs off to do more iMAGNi fanart*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Color books will be released as each character is established in the story. That's all their development work, secret artwork, history and intresting tidbits, basicaly a cool 1 character reference art book of the dreamer and their gen and world/life/whatever.
That book is being prosponed due to the fact, although ive done a lot of art for Falda's book already she's not actualy the first main storyline dreamer to pop up. We changed the order of stuff so that wont be the first book in the series anymore. But that will come after the first few Engelbaum comics... i've just not updated the release list >_> I'm working on the front cover of comic 0, so i want to update the list with that completed.

The reason im making character art books is because ive done so much ref/dev work for each person it'd be a shame to waste it :3

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
Your art makes me so HAPPY. Seriously...it's awesome...I love the way you use colors. They look all bright and lovely and joyful.

Anyway. I noticed on the iMAGNi front page that you added Tatsuo (...awhile back....), and he looks really familiar. Inspired by Miyavi much? XD Or am I such a fangirl that I see Meev in every man, woman, and child? Lol. I GOT TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT~! *dies of fangirl joy*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
I too am a Miyavi fan! Hahahah yeah theres a little bit of him in Tatsuo, but i think Tatsuo is more angry and obnoxious and mouthy >_> That dreamer in particular was originaly going to be a big bulky american rocker guy, but i felt that the more begendered look would suit his spirit better. His hair was inspired by a guys i saw in a magazine (unfortunately not Miyavi).

Miyavi and Tatsuo.... *mind breaks*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
DOUBLE POST FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Posted Image

Finished old freebie commish pic. Now i can bloody send this hulking great parcel AWAY. AWAAAAAAAY.

Now back to iMAGNi.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
That commission is very Win : ).

Just out of curiosity, how big (dimension wise) are the Dream Diarys ? I though previsouly that they were only about as big as say... a DVD case, but seeing infractus' photos, they look about A4.

And as for the character art books. YES YES YES. I love reference books, especially for games and comics. I want a library of my collection reference books when I'm all grown up. I just love to see stuff like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users