Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

PLUS, it's been around longer.

Over a hundred years to be exact.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Over a hundred years to be exact.

:wub:

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests

No, you like Sonic Riders much better because you are an anti-Nintendo fan boy. Nintendo is beating Sega in quality of games, selling of games, FAN numbers...seriously, you don't hear people complaining about Zelda TP or Super Paper Mario. Stop being a hater and accept that Nintendo is superior. PLUS, it's been around longer.

No the hell there not!, because sega make's very good game's too and they have WAY better game series than nintendo have, i can guarentee if sega started throwing out all the sequels to there old game's the majority of people wouldn't give a rat's ass of what nintendo would have coming out. But then again that's your opinion, so i'm not going to go all crazy and bash you for it, but of course nintendo been around longer who said they wasn't?

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
People complain about anything, no matter what game or company. Nobody is truly superior to another, it's all just premature venting.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Well, there's more info if you can read Japanese. Unfortunatly, I'm taking French. Zut!

Shinaraz

Shinaraz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Mario Kart and Sonic Riders are two completely different games. The only thing the same is that they are racing. :/ I love Mario Kart, and, quite frankly, even though I suck at it, I really do like "Sonic Riders" a lot. A Sonic game that actually did decently at the actual racing aspect.

I love old school Sonic, but I'm not much of a fan of the new games. For me, it has to do with the fact that I can't imagine the characters personalities any more for myself. And you really don't need much more than "defeat Robotnik" and "collect (power items)" for a Sonic game. Although I felt that it was cool to have the adventure fields for Sonic Adventure...it wasn't really necessary.

I could bore you with all the details, but I really don't like new Sonic all that much. :angry:

No the hell there not!, because sega make's very good game's too and they have WAY better game series than nintendo have, i can guarentee if sega started throwing out all the sequels to there old game's the majority of people wouldn't give a rat's ass of what nintendo would have coming out. But then again that's your opinion, so i'm not going to go all crazy and bash you for it, but of course nintendo been around longer who said they wasn't?

AHAHAHAH! Sega versus Nintendo wars!

Sega used to (and still does in many places) absolutely own arcades. Nintendo was always very good with their console games (though for a time it was Nintendo vs Atari in the arcades). Sega was never really able to make a decent platform, which is really what screwed them up. Half of the time, if I ask somebody what their favorite game was as a kid, and it's an arcade game, it's most likely Sega. Sega and Nintendo both have their strengths. With the consoles coming home though, Sega got its butt kicked. Very sad thing.

Personally, as soon as Sega decided no longer to do consoles I decided I'd go for Nintendo. Or Playstation. Just no X-BOX. XD

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Sega was never really able to make a decent platform, which is really what screwed them up.

Stop, stop right there. It wasn't that SEGA couldn't make a decent platform, it was that they didn't sell. The Master System and the Dreamcast for example. They're both awesome systems but, for some reason, they just couldn't turn a profit for SEGA. I know it was Nintendo's third-party contract that greatly contributed to the Master System's demise. As for the Dreamcast... well, let's not get into detail there.

It wasn't because SEGA wasn't good enough. It was most likely because of money problems and the conflict between SoA and SoJ at the time. Fortune does not smile upon the aggressive.

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Oh my god you hit the nail RIGHT on the head!, and here i thought i was the only one that knew that, nice work machenstien nice work indeed , couldn't have said it better myself :D

Sega of america and Sega of japan was going at each other's throat's back in the day's, that's the main reason why sega failed at the console market ,because sega produced console's ten time's better than anyone could have ever done back then, if you have division's in the same company fighting each other you WILL fail that's a fact.

Shinaraz

Shinaraz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Stop, stop right there. It wasn't that SEGA couldn't make a decent platform, it was that they didn't sell. The Master System and the Dreamcast for example. They're both awesome systems but, for some reason, they just couldn't turn a profit for SEGA.

I'm very sorry, I misworded that. I meant to say "their consoles didn't sell well", not that they "couldn't make a decent platform" (I'm always saying exactly that, so I have no idea why I typed it like that :lol: ). Goodness knows that Sega tried very hard. Consoles, such as the Sega CD, were just ahead of their time. The technology wasn't quite there.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
^^ K, whatever you say. But Nintendo still has better sales than Sega in the home console department. (due to the fact that they have consoles AND games, mind you) You can't argue with facts, SegaKid, no matter how much you wish they weren't true. I'll admit. Sega has great games. While their mascot has CERTAINLY gone downhill lately, his best games have been for Nintendo systems. All of them that were multi-platform? Sold best on Gamecube. Kthanxbye.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
What? All of this from Sonic Riders? I need to log on more often. Still no new info concerning Zero Gravity, but Trauma Center:New Blood has a new trailor. That should keep you guys occupied.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

What? All of this from Sonic Riders? I need to log on more often. Still no new info concerning Zero Gravity, but Trauma Center:New Blood has a new trailor. That should keep you guys occupied.

Yeah I know. Seriously people. Lets not turn this topic into a Sega vs. Nintendo topic. If you want to do that then go make another topic about it. However, it would probably spiral into a lot of yelling and unecssary drama. Lets at least try to keep it out of this topic. Ok. Thanks.

In the meantime...I will eagerly await the new game. However, when it comes out I will probably need to buy another contorller. Darn. Sonic Riders and a Wii remote will make it almost $100, and if NiGHTS comes out at the same time that is $150! I wish money grew on trees.

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests

^^ K, whatever you say. But Nintendo still has better sales than Sega in the home console department. (due to the fact that they have consoles AND games, mind you) You can't argue with facts, SegaKid, no matter how much you wish they weren't true. I'll admit. Sega has great games. While their mascot has CERTAINLY gone downhill lately, his best games have been for Nintendo systems. All of them that were multi-platform? Sold best on Gamecube. Kthanxbye.

Yeah for right now just give it sometime, SEGA will be blowin them outta the water again soon enough... nuff said.

Moving on... i think this sonic riders will be extremly better than the first one, the first one was gold, i don't see how people say the turbulance sucked, no it didn't they sucked, alway's saying the turbulance took them some where they didn't want to go... uh dumbass all you got to do is just press L/R and all the characters spin around and exit's the turbulance, that goes to show just how much people don't pay attention to the tutorial hmph!, dumbasses :blink:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Screw you guys I'm waiting for Need for Speed Pro Street :blink:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Yeah for right now just give it sometime, SEGA will be blowin them outta the water again soon enough... nuff said.

Moving on... i think this sonic riders will be extremly better than the first one, the first one was gold, i don't see how people say the turbulance sucked, no it didn't they sucked, alway's saying the turbulance took them some where they didn't want to go... uh dumbass all you got to do is just press L/R and all the characters spin around and exit's the turbulance, that goes to show just how much people don't pay attention to the tutorial hmph!, dumbasses :)

Doing that would take away a ton of air though and some time. But its true, even I forget to do the tornado thing. I seem to be more worried about staying on track and passing people. I need all the air I can get.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Um, last time I checked, getting out of turbulence doesn't use air. Only creating a tornado.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070907/sonic.htm
Can anyone understand this?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Um, last time I checked, getting out of turbulence doesn't use air. Only creating a tornado.

No.... :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I just translated with babble fish. I was actually able to understand quite a bit of it this way. It says a lot of stuff we already know. (However I am confused at the whole being sold on 3 platforms thing.) However it does state something I didn't know.

"In addition, it corresponds to Wi-Fi communication, rivals with the players in the world also "world ranking" function is prepared."

Holy crap! What?! *Foams at mouth* I am so getting the Wii version now!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

-rofls at your ignorance- Blowin' them outta the water...again? When was this?

Anyway, the only character I have trouble keeping on my board with is -SPOILER- Super Sonic -SPOILER OVER-. I use the dash too much for his dumb usage of rings. So I stick with NiGHTS.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

-rofls at your ignorance- Blowin' them outta the water...again? When was this?

Anyway, the only character I have trouble keeping on my board with is -SPOILER- Super Sonic -SPOILER OVER-. I use the dash too much for his dumb usage of rings. So I stick with NiGHTS.

Dang it EZEKiAL! Why did you have to comment on him? You should have just ignored him or something. Maybe you just didn't know but now he is going to get on here and start cursing you out, and then your going to kick and scream at him while the rest of us fall into the flames of internet drama and then this wonderful topic gets locked.

Please Segakid...if you get the urge to yell then do it in the PMs. That goes for everyone actually.

Anyway....yes I like being NiGHTS too. Especially while having the broomstick. Its not a very good choice of board, but it makes NiGHTS looks extra mystical. :P

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I find this battle between Zeke and segakid funny. 'rofls at you ignorance' :lol: classic line.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Anyway....yes I like being NiGHTS too. Especially while having the broomstick. Its not a very good choice of board, but it makes NiGHTS looks extra mystical. ^_^

There's a broomstick? :lol:

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

There's a broomstick? :lol:

Yes, it is called the Air Broom and it allows you to grind. It eventually becomes available in the shop. I am not sure when because so far I only have it on the cheat save. I still have a ways to go on the normal save. Its a really nice board. Its fun to have because it shoots sparkles from the tip and it just meshes with NiGHTS so well. ^_^

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests

Dang it EZEKiAL! Why did you have to comment on him? You should have just ignored him or something. Maybe you just didn't know but now he is going to get on here and start cursing you out, and then your going to kick and scream at him while the rest of us fall into the flames of internet drama and then this wonderful topic gets locked.

Please Segakid...if you get the urge to yell then do it in the PMs. That goes for everyone actually.

Anyway....yes I like being NiGHTS too. Especially while having the broomstick. Its not a very good choice of board, but it makes NiGHTS looks extra mystical. ^_^

Don't worry it's HIS opinion, he can say whatever's on his mind it still doesn't changes the facts, and i wouldn't start cursing anyone out unless they insulted me in a manner i don't like, and like you said that can be done through the PM's, i don't have time for some little imature 5th grade argue, which i know that i'm right in the first place, i don't really have to explain myself to anyone to tell ya the truth, either they belive it or they don't either way the facts or still gonna stick, SO DON'T WORRY :lol: , if he post's anythng else i don't agree with, i'm just going to ignore it because it's not worth my time.

but anyway... i never did get super sonic i heard he rock's i want to play with him so bad!

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I played Sonic Riders just to unlock NiGHTS, but it was too hard to do so for me. DX ZG looks spiffy though. While I'm not a fan of new-gen Sonic games, I'll rent it when it comes out and take a shot at it. >w< *is ignoring segakid for her own sanity*

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
HehHeh... whatever ^_^ , but yeah i was sooooo happy when i finally got NiGHTS the only thing that i complain about is that they could have put a little more effort into him that's all.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
So yeah, downloadable ghosts, wifi races etc are confirmed for the Wii version. No idea if this has been talked about or not, I don't want to sift though 2 pages of Sega rants to see. Anyway, lets hope the fix the controls for each version and don't let waggle kill it on the Wii.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Downloadable content ftw! >w< Will you be able download new boards and riders too?

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
Listen if you guy's stop talking about it then you won't need to be worried about it, there was no need to make a comment about sega rant's because there will be none of that here, now will you all just stop mentioning it and just forget about the whole thing god ^_^

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Come off it already, don't even acknowledge it. This is getting old really fast. You may not be fighting, but you aren't letting it die, either. Just continue on the topic. As a matter of fact, don't even reply to my post. I'm not gonna warn about this again..

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Thank you, Purg.

I just translated with babble fish. I was actually able to understand quite a bit of it this way. It says a lot of stuff we already know. (However I am confused at the whole being sold on 3 platforms thing.) However it does state something I didn't know.

"In addition, it corresponds to Wi-Fi communication, rivals with the players in the world also "world ranking" function is prepared."

Holy crap! What?! *Foams at mouth* I am so getting the Wii version now!

Sounds like online multiplayer to me. And now, I've got canned heat in my heels. Wait, Wi-Fi communication? OMFGWTFBBQ
Ala microphone support?
This may actually be a good or bad thing based on what I hear about microphone support on the 360.
Hey, can this translate the Japanese JoD site?

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Weee~! Online multiplayer is /always/ a good thing. >w<

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Thank you, Purg.

Sounds like online multiplayer to me. And now, I've got canned heat in my heels. Wait, Wi-Fi communication? OMFGWTFBBQ
Ala microphone support?
This may actually be a good or bad thing based on what I hear about microphone support on the 360.
Hey, can this translate the Japanese JoD site?

What a BBQ Sonic Riders? O.o

No it can't translate the JOD site because it is a completly Flash based website. There is no way to translate something like that with a program. Its like a picture and the only way to translate a picture is with a real live translator. Sorry.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

What a BBQ Sonic Riders? O.o

No it can't translate the JOD site because it is a completly Flash based website. There is no way to translate something like that with a program. Its like a picture and the only way to translate a picture is with a real live translator. Sorry.

Mmmm...... BBQ Sonic Riders. I'll get the baby-back ribs. :P

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Um, no. I simply use BBQ to extend that chain of letters. And now, I wait to see if the Heavy gear returns, probably not much use this time around because they say turbulence won't return.
So, what was y'all's fovorite gear from the origional?

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
That's really good news can't wait for the online function that's going to be in the game, hopefully they have more sega character's within the game besides aiai, ulala, and NiGHTS.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
gonintendo.com/?p=24186
Umm. This has been here for a while.
Vehicles will transform in the middle of races. >:P

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Mmmm...... BBQ Sonic Riders. I'll get the baby-back ribs. :P

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................................
I want my NiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHTSSSSSSSSS...baby back riibs...

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................................
I want my NiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHTSSSSSSSSS...baby back riibs...

What other parts of NiGHTS can we eat?
-NiGHTS Drumsticks
-NiGHTS Prime Rib
-NiGHTS Liver and Onions
-NiGHTS Breakfast Sausages......

The list just goes on and on. :P

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Back on topic, wither it's ballance board support, or no sale for me.

Posted Image

You know it makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users