Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Confirmed for Wii/PS2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Csf49crUho
New, better singer. Thank you Sega. Gravity controls are awesome as well. Doesn't look half bad either.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/driving/sonicr...tml?sid=6177191
Look at all those unlockables, and upgradable gear. Yes!
Still waiting to hear online play. Maro Kart has competition.

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons & Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Indeed, this game looks interesting. I own the PS2 version of Sonic Riders and still play it every now and then. Although I'm not completely psyched over Zero Gravity, I am looking forward to the release. It would be nice if Reala is a playable character in this one.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Indeed, this game looks interesting. I own the PS2 version of Sonic Riders and still play it every now and then. Although I'm not completely psyched over Zero Gravity, I am looking forward to the release. It would be nice if Reala is a playable character in this one.

Ah, yes Reala would be excellent. I love how Sega is butchering the 360. :o
I do believe Sonic is making a comeback.

sharky

sharky

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:SEGA Games/Consoles.
I wasnt impressed by the look of this game to say the least.. I'm MUCH more interested in Sonic Rush Adventure and the Sonic RPG for DS.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Why chew gravity!!

I dunno, that's what it sounds like.

Can;t wait for this game, the gravity control intrests me greatly, cause I like that stuff.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I wasnt impressed by the look of this game to say the least.. I'm MUCH more interested in Sonic Rush Adventure and the Sonic RPG for DS.

They are making a Sonic RPG?! Oh dear god. Here I thought they wouldn't do such a thing...

Anyway, I am very happy about the new Riders game coming out. Now maybe I can be Blaze. :lol: Also its the only game my college friends like to play. When I told my firend Jag she got really excited and told me that I have to buy it when it comes out. It seems people who don't play video games really like racing games...but they don't like NiGHTS. ;_;

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Mario Kart has competition?

No it doesn't.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

They are making a Sonic RPG?! Oh dear god. Here I thought they wouldn't do such a thing...

Anyway, I am very happy about the new Riders game coming out. Now maybe I can be Blaze. ^_^ Also its the only game my college friends like to play. When I told my firend Jag she got really excited and told me that I have to buy it when it comes out. It seems people who don't play video games really like racing games...but they don't like NiGHTS. ;_;

Blaze would be uber-awesome. I'd love that, cuz Blaze is so cool.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

No it doesn't.

Quoted for ze truth. Mario Kart > Sonic Riders so many ways to Sunday. The only slight hope that SR has is that NiGHTS is a playable character...now if only we could get Sega to give rights to NiGHTS over to Nintendo... -thoughful-

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Blaze would be uber-awesome. I'd love that, cuz Blaze is so cool.

Yes, Blaze is a really cool character. In fact she is one of the really good type of new Sonic character to come out in a long time. I always got mad at the fact the only cat character was...Big. >.<

Also, I just listened to the new game's song and it sounds wonderful. I really like the new singer they got. Hope they do another song for Sonic games. I have gotten a little sick of Crush 40 and other bands that sound similar to them.

Also, it would be great if NiGHTS were in this game but I highly doubt it. I mean, we haven't seen any NiGHTS cameo appearances in the next gen Sonic games and that is probably because he is getting his own game. Although...it would be a nice excuse to put NiGHTS in their with his new outfit. Hummm.... Funny thing...I only bought the first Sonic Riders game because it had NiGHTS in it. I didn't know I would like the game so much though. lol

Also, if NiGHTS is in it he better not be super hard to get! I had to use code breaker to unlock him on the PS2 because it was just to much of a hassle to get him normally. I do have a save file I don't use cheat codes on so I can get him normally too. Now that I think about it I have anothe reason to get this on the PS2 instead of the Wii. I could use my codebraker on it then (But somehow I doubt there will be good codes for the game). I also need it on the PS2 because I only have one Wii remote and it will be cheaper that way. However if the game involves using the Wii remote instead of the Nunchuck then I might buy it for the Wii instead. But its coming out the same time as NiGHTS isn't it? Damn all the decisions! I am not made of money you know!

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

No it doesn't.

Agreed, but I'm still interested in how this goes. The first one had so much potential to be cool.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Yes, Blaze is a really cool character. In fact she is one of the really good type of new Sonic character to come out in a long time. I always got mad at the fact the only cat character was...Big. >.<

Also, I just listened to the new game's song and it sounds wonderful. I really like the new singer they got. Hope they do another song for Sonic games. I have gotten a little sick of Crush 40 and other bands that sound similar to them.

Also, it would be great if NiGHTS were in this game but I highly doubt it. I mean, we haven't seen any NiGHTS cameo appearances in the next gen Sonic games and that is probably because he is getting his own game. Although...it would be a nice excuse to put NiGHTS in their with his new outfit. Hummm.... Funny thing...I only bought the first Sonic Riders game because it had NiGHTS in it. I didn't know I would like the game so much though. lol

Also, if NiGHTS is in it he better not be super hard to get! I had to use code breaker to unlock him on the PS2 because it was just to much of a hassle to get him normally. I do have a save file I don't use cheat codes on so I can get him normally too. Now that I think about it I have anothe reason to get this on the PS2 instead of the Wii. I could use my codebraker on it then (But somehow I doubt there will be good codes for the game). I also need it on the PS2 because I only have one Wii remote and it will be cheaper that way. However if the game involves using the Wii remote instead of the Nunchuck then I might buy it for the Wii instead. But its coming out the same time as NiGHTS isn't it? Damn all the decisions! I am not made of money you know!

Don't forget, Brawl was moved back as well.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Don't forget, Brawl was moved back as well.

Lovely...NiGHTS is doomed. I won't buy brawl or Riders when it comes to NiGHTS...but many others will.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

Lovely...NiGHTS is doomed. I won't buy brawl or Riders when it comes to NiGHTS...but many others will.

Brawl comes out December 3rd. I haven't heard of it being pushed back at all.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I am told Brawl is already basically complete. Sakurai and the gang are just adding as much extra content as they can now.

Anyway, I'm going to pass Zero Gravity. The first Riders wasn't all that grand and, frankly, I'm just tired of all these quick buck Sonic games. The only Sonic games I look forward to right now are Rush Adventure and Sonic RPG. I'm not sure about Olympic Games yet but I might rent it.

To put a light on this situation, Sonic is making some sort of a comeback. Secret Rings was decent enough. Fandom has come out with some really great things lately. Sonic Rush Adventure is looking good. Olympic Games might be successful although on Mario's part. There's a high possibility Sonic is going to be in the new Smash Bros. because, let's be honest, if Solid Snake could make it then why not Sonic.

I know Sonic has been trying to make a comeback since 2003, and has failed each year since, but there's actually a higher chance this time. Let's just see if the blue speed ball can pull through with it this time.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I've seen the trailer a while back and I must say I like the music from the first one far better. At least you could understand what he was saying and the bg music was a lot better. As for the game itself I'll have to say I'm gonna leave it be. I have the first one and only got it because I could unlock NiGHTS but damn is it taking forever to do so.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
It looks interesting, but thats prolly because NiGHTS looks cool on a hoverboard. :D

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Am I the only one here that actually still enjoys playing Sonic Riders and wants the new game? :lol:

Also, I like the music so much because it reminds me of some of the songs I used to hear when I still lived with my mom. She listend to a lot of Heart, Metalica, Aerosmith, and then there were random songs that sounded a lot like the theme song we have here. So I guess that might be the only reason I like it so much. It has sentemental feelings attached to it and it makes me cry when I hear it.

Oh god I better stop before I tear up.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Am I the only one here that actually still enjoys playing Sonic Riders and wants the new game? :lol:

Also, I like the music so much because it reminds me of some of the songs I used to hear when I still lived with my mom. She listend to a lot of Heart, Metalica, Aerosmith, and then there were random songs that sounded a lot like the theme song we have here. So I guess that might be the only reason I like it so much. It has sentemental feelings attached to it and it makes me cry when I hear it.

Oh god I better stop before I tear up.

Its also cool because it has NiGHTS on a hoverboard, right? :P

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

No. I want it too.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

No. I want it too.

Yeah! I'm not alone anymore. I know the game is hard and all...but it is still fun to play. I guess its better once you have NiGHTS and you just feel like playing for a little while on your 10 min break. Plus...compared to some racing games this one is pretty orginal. I know there have been hover bord games, don't get me wrong, but not as many. Its not as goofy as Mario Kart...but thats what I kinda like about it. I actually got board of Mario Kart after awhile. It seemed pretty easy and I never had anyone around to challenge me at the time. (Thats saying a lot because I am terrible at video games compaired to the real proffessional players.) Sonic Riders just appeals to me. I don't know why. The music is always great too, so that helps. :lol:

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
I hope Zero Gravity is online. Probably wont be...But it would be cool!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Am I the only one here that actually still enjoys playing Sonic Riders and wants the new game? :P

Don't forget who made this thread. I really liked the last one. It appears that this is to be a major improvement. I hope they take the criticism that came last time. I don't want to one of the few veterans that make it past the learning curve. Now if only I could find some multiplayer. Here's hoping Zero Gravity is online. That would be shweet.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Don't forget who made this thread. I really liked the last one. It appears that this is to be a major improvement. I hope they take the criticism that came last time. I don't want to one of the few veterans that make it past the learning curve. Now if only I could find some multiplayer. Here's hoping Zero Gravity is online. That would be shweet.

Yes it would. However I have college friends who are begging me to get it so we can play. lol See average people like it.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
There's new info on Gonintendo.com
Go on, what are you waiting for?
Apparently, as apposed to using air to float, you manipulate gravity, complete with a gravity meter, and boosting is replaced by creating a black hole to propel you forward. (and possibly fool around with friends, I can only imagine the intense multiplayer
Player is about to win right before player 2 sucks him up with a black hole
Mwahahaha >:angry:)
Gravity control is still looking tight, you can even grind on manipulated objects.
16 tracks.
Multiplayer returns. There is a form of multiplayer called "World Grand Prix"
Still no confirmation if this means online or not, but I'll keep my eyes open.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

There's new info on Gonintendo.com
Go on, what are you waiting for?
Apparently, as apposed to using air to float, you manipulate gravity, complete with a gravity meter, and boosting is replaced by creating a black hole to propel you forward. (and possibly fool around with friends, I can only imagine the intense multiplayer
Player is about to win right before player 2 sucks him up with a black hole
Mwahahaha >:D)
Gravity control is still looking tight, you can even grind on manipulated objects.
16 tracks.
Multiplayer returns. There is a form of multiplayer called "World Grand Prix"
Still no confirmation if this means online or not, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Thats really cool to hear. However, the information I am interested in most is how the controls will be like. I mean its for the Wii and PS2. So I am gussing the nunchuke and all, but that would be pretty hard for this kind of game. I keep wondering if I should buy the PS2 version. I only have one controller for the Wii and it may be a year before I get another. I am really poor.... Plus it might be too difficult to control this game with the nuncuk. Trying to move with one entire hand and press buttons in another might drive me crazy when they are not attached to eachother. Wait..why does that make a difference? :angry:

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Um. IDK. I like the Nunchuk. Um, I can imagine that Wii will use motion control, but I can't imagine how.
In other news, PS2 is getting motion sensing controlers. :angry:
I sh!t you not.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Um. IDK. I like the Nunchuk. Um, I can imagine that Wii will use motion control, but I can't imagine how.
In other news, PS2 is getting motion sensing controlers. :angry:
I sh!t you not.

....DAMN! Might as well just go for the Wii then if I have to use these new motion controls for the game. ARGH! Copycats!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Posted Image
yup.
No, that's not the actual controller, but pretty damn close.
They don't even have a sports package, you have to buy diffrent games like bowling or tennis.
Copycats indeed.
Actually, that trailer looked like pretty good graphics, I'm not even sure the PS2 version will look that good.

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests

Quoted for ze truth. Mario Kart > Sonic Riders so many ways to Sunday. The only slight hope that SR has is that NiGHTS is a playable character...now if only we could get Sega to give rights to NiGHTS over to Nintendo... -thoughful-

What the hell are you thinking!?, why so nintendo can screw it up!, psh... no futher comment!

No it doesn't.

HaHa!, yes it does! sonic riders is a way better racer than mario kart ( even though i do like mario kart).

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I find Mario Kart more enjoyable. It's awesome cartoon violence.

Guest_segakid_*

Guest_segakid_*
  • Guests
I like sonic riders much better the hole art style and feel of the game and definatly the gameplay is just awesome.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Another neat feature. You'll be able to download ghost data from Wiiconnect24 and try to learn from other players and beat their records. So far, 18 characters. 3 person multiplayer, is it just me or does that sound too low to be regular multiplayer? Especially with the Wii's ability to use a total of eight controllers. Online Plzzzzz. I know I said Mario Kart had competetion, this might not be the case if Sonic Riders doesn't get online, it's a pretty important feature.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I wonder what would happen if Sonic was in Mario Kart. Running, I mean. IMO, Sonic should ALWAYS be running. He doesn't need a jet board to run on walls.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I wonder what would happen if Sonic was in Mario Kart. Running, I mean. IMO, Sonic should ALWAYS be running. He doesn't need a jet board to run on walls.

Well NiGHTS doesn't need a hover board to well...fly! But its just fun anyway. lol

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah that too.. NiGHTS should be like, flying n stuff. Or form a board out of himself. Or a rocket or something.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Yeah that too.. NiGHTS should be like, flying n stuff. Or form a board out of himself. Or a rocket or something.

Well, his first board looks like one of his transformations, anyways, so.......
IDK, maybe it's part of some rules?
Well, it'd be pretty hard to include the pawnsome trick and air/gravity system without something to ride on. Come to think of it, Sonic's level 3 boost in the first game was a spin-dash. Not to mention NiGHTS is faster when he uses his flight ability. WTF?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Well, his first board looks like one of his transformations, anyways, so.......
IDK, maybe it's part of some rules?
Well, it'd be pretty hard to include the pawnsome trick and air/gravity system without something to ride on. Come to think of it, Sonic's level 3 boost in the first game was a spin-dash. Not to mention NiGHTS is faster when he uses his flight ability. WTF?

So I am not imagining things! I always noticed that when you run out of air and NiGHTS has to fly to get more, he was a lot faster then everyone else who had to run.

And NiGHTS does come off the board in his level 3 ability too.

I wonder why Sonic can't run faster than the boards though. Oh well...they had to do something for the storyline I guess. I really don't care for the storyline thoguh. Just the gameplay.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

I like sonic riders much better the hole art style and feel of the game and definatly the gameplay is just awesome.

No, you like Sonic Riders much better because you are an anti-Nintendo fan boy. Nintendo is beating Sega in quality of games, selling of games, FAN numbers...seriously, you don't hear people complaining about Zelda TP or Super Paper Mario. Stop being a hater and accept that Nintendo is superior. PLUS, it's been around longer.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

No, you like Sonic Riders much better because you are an anti-Nintendo fan boy. Nintendo is beating Sega in quality of games, selling of games, FAN numbers...seriously, you don't hear people complaining about Zelda TP or Super Paper Mario. Stop being a hater and accept that Nintendo is superior. PLUS, it's been around longer.

Nintendo is superior, but I guess some of us just can't ignore our love for Sega. * :wub: Gives Sega a big hug* :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users