Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Detour 2010

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
DARNIT now look at what ya'll made me do!

mysterious Deviantart link!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

DARNIT now look at what ya'll made me do!

mysterious Deviantart link!

:lol:

You have such a great art style and sense of humour. That is hilarious!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I. Love. It~

*shoots the typos behind her back* :lol:

Don't worry dear, I feel your pain. I'm making the exact same noises mentally. Just work on saving money (You're gonna need at LEAST 100 bucks for proper junk purchasing) and making your cosplay!

Teach me how to draw chibis plz. o_o

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

You have such a great art style and sense of humour. That is hilarious!

awwwwwwww that made my day!

I. Love. It~
*shoots the typos behind her back* :)
Don't worry dear, I feel your pain. I'm making the exact same noises mentally. Just work on saving money (You're gonna need at LEAST 100 bucks for proper junk purchasing) and making your cosplay!
Teach me how to draw chibis plz. o_o

I know, I suck at spelling. only now did I just realized I misspelled your name! *bricks self then falls down stairs*

LOL I'm personally so proud of how I draw them >o< XD there really easy to do...
I'll make you a tutorial sometime :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
XD heehehe cute artwork!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

awwwwwwww that made my day!

I know, I suck at spelling. only now did I just realized I misspelled your name! *bricks self then falls down stairs*

LOL I'm personally so proud of how I draw them >o< XD there really easy to do...
I'll make you a tutorial sometime :)

"S okay. So long as you realize it.

Plz teach me, oh wise and mighty art sensei!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

Same here... I gotta get me a new, NICE, WORKING cam.

Diene if y'don't wanna do the whole cosplay you can make like me and just do the very identifiable hat. :D

Surprisingly enough, I don't think it will have a hat. What gave me the idea is how I customized my character for Aion (shes so hawwt) :D but she resembles Reala, curvy smirk, emo tears, and a nice dark shade of red for hair tied around what looks like some runestones XD but they kinda resemble nubby horns, Ill have to get a screenie for you guys (and maybe after I get out of my noob amour)

But yes, I lurk the cons I go to, I want to get more involved with this one.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

XD heehehe cute artwork!

*spazzes with happiness*

"S okay. So long as you realize it.
Plz teach me, oh wise and mighty art sensei!

hmmmmmm....
*trys to figure out way to contact with tutorial....*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Stick it on DA and link me?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Stick it on DA and link me?

I think that would be splendid. Tutorials are fun. :D

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
K. I'll draw one up when I have the time, put it in my super secret DA scrapbook and link it to you. After all, A magician never reveals their secrets to the general public

*makes a 'shhhh' motion*

NW, I'm too assume you want it too?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Just thought I'd post some links to vids.

Anime Detour 09 Slideshow - I'm hidden in this one. Try to find me. No spoiling it Sierra. B)
Sandstorm at the 08 Rave
The 09 Rave
You know you're at Detour when...
Horrors of Anime - 18+ is preferable, but this is a must see panel because if you haven't seen 5 minutes of Apocalypse Zero you live an incomplete life.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I recognize so many of these cosplayers-HA FOUNDJAS! *goes back to looking for self in background*

Man that rave was fun times. It took me half an hour to find people I knew after the conga line. XD

EDIT: ME AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS ARE IN THIS VID FOR A SPLIT SECOND. I'm wearing a yellow bag and standing next to a confused Kagome .(my friend) Zero Shift is in here too. Have fun rewinding!

see!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Wait, there's a RAVE? and, apparently, a rave witha conga line?!? Okay, this is now on the "must-go-to" list. I'm not that big on dancing, but if it's any kind of nerd-related-rave, you'll have to pry me out of there. I'll have to find that video from MAGFest for their dance...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Well there wasn't SUPPOSED to be a conga line.. it just.. kinda.. happened. When you go to it though, make sure you have good, non cellphone ways of contacting and finding friends, cuz cellphones hold no power there. Except maybe texting. But you usually can't tell the vibration from the bass. XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
LOL I heard two girls last year kept kidnapping L and my friend showed me a video from two years back where a kid shouted "FREE HUGS!" and a massive pile of people glomped him. when the crowd cleared, the guy was gone XD (did they glomp him into non-existance?)

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Oh, there were multiple people giving out free hugs. One guy was keeping count and when I hugged him had 800 something. ^^ And then there was the guy in the hamster suit...

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

EDIT: ME AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS ARE IN THIS VID FOR A SPLIT SECOND. I'm wearing a yellow bag and standing next to a confused Kagome .(my friend) Zero Shift is in here too. Have fun rewinding!

LOL I think I found you. lovein' the hat.

Actually in one of those slideshows, one of the (girl) hampsters I think is a member of our anime club

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
*totally not wearing it right now* ;;>>

It keeps my ears warm....

Edit: Random Detour vid!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
*watches videos, spazzes with happy and falls on the floor*

You guys made it WWOOORRRRSSSEEE!!

I suppose I should get to work on that Helen cosplay....

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Yes! Yes you should! And start looking for a job/ start doing chores for money, so you can buy all the awesome stuff you could ever want! (although for that you'd need about a thousand bucks. Or more.)

It'll help keep you busy and it'll make the experience richer when it comes. ^_^

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Yes! Yes you should! And start looking for a job/ start doing chores for money, so you can buy all the awesome stuff you could ever want! (although for that you'd need about a thousand bucks. Or more.)

It'll help keep you busy and it'll make the experience richer when it comes. :P

The problem is, I'm going on a once-in-my-short-lifetime trip to Hawaii for spring break with the school band ^_^ On top o' that, I don't get an allowence. But I'm probably one of the most thrify-est (read: CHEAP) people ever, so I've already got a lot of micilanious spare change XD

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
The glomping and free hugs got so bad at Metrocon, they banned it outright. No signs, no random acts, nothing.

Rave conga lines are NUTS and also fun because generally no one knows who you are, especially when you're like, the worst dancer there. *guilty* XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I think if anyone tried to that at Detour the congoers would rise up as one and slay those responsible. XD

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I agree. We LOVE our hugs at Detour. It's a miracle I didn't get sick after....

*also very uncoordinated dancer* ^^;; It's so dark that no one cares though. So lond as you don't step on people or knock them over, it's aaaaaaaaall good. ^^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
If nothing else, projectile glow sticks are great for reflex training.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
The only con I ever go to is Otakon but I don't even go for the anime. I mostly go for the gaming room and see what gaming related items they have for sale. I never see any NiGHTS fans though and if they are NiGHTS fans I wouldn't know. Besides, I'm not the type who runs up to people and ask them if they are fans or not.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

The only con I ever go to is Otakon but I don't even go for the anime. I mostly go for the gaming room and see what gaming related items they have for sale. I never see any NiGHTS fans though and if they are NiGHTS fans I wouldn't know. Besides, I'm not the type who runs up to people and ask them if they are fans or not.

I only saw one thing NiGHTS at a con, and that was a copy of Christmas NiGHTS. I don't know why I didn't buy it; it was probably the price. Or maybe it was the japanese version. I don't remember why. I'm still kicking myself now, because now I'm going to be getting a saturn sooner or later.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Probably going! If I can't make it, I'm sorry! There are alot of factors!

I will try, though... I can promise you that much!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
"S ok. :D There's a lot of time between now and then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Well, I wasn't 100% sure before but now I feel pretty safe saying Engelbaum is absolutely going to be at Detour 2k10. My check just cleared and the website is no longer taking applications for the Artist's Alley. Cool beans.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Well, I wasn't 100% sure before but now I feel pretty safe saying Engelbaum is absolutely going to be at Detour 2k10. My check just cleared and the website is no longer taking applications for the Artist's Alley. Cool beans.

HELL. YES. *cackles, and does a dance* Now I can show all my unsuspecting friends! AND BUY BUTTONS! WHEE!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

I only saw one thing NiGHTS at a con, and that was a copy of Christmas NiGHTS. I don't know why I didn't buy it; it was probably the price. Or maybe it was the japanese version. I don't remember why. I'm still kicking myself now, because now I'm going to be getting a saturn sooner or later.

I got a Japanese copy of NiGHTS for $15 at Anime Boston in 08' , how much was the x-mas NiGHTS?

There was some NiGHTS sculptures at the Artists Gallery, and all that was left was a Jackle for $35, I didn't end up doing it but it was pretty nice.

infractus

infractus

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
@Zero - woot. means i'll be there fo' shizzle whether i have to walk, fly or drive up there. rahahaha...

Other generalized banter: I've got a supersneaky secret cosplay that maybe two people can guess about what might actually be in early production stages right about now. Have I ever mentioned how I like being cryptic? you'll see soon enough what it is I've got in the works. Promise :}

Stuff's likely to change more than however it changes before April next year, but get your badge requests in with me. I've got means of production here in my humble messy art studio, and I'm a stickler for planning ahead.. everything's versatile in my world, regardless.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
My cosplay will probably be... um... predictable... if I cosplay at all..... I just wanna go........ ><

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I'll probably just wear typical nerdy clothes... With my usual Awesome Hat accessory. (It's my trademark!) As I said before, it's probably gonna be NiGHTS' hat this year. XD Tho if anyone wants to teach me to sew... I would be happy for lessons.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Hearing about how many folks are planning on going makes me want to jump on board.
(I probably won't decide until the event is closer.)

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
I wish i could go, but i haz almost no moneyz

also, i've never been to any con of any sort (prepares to die) so i don't even know what to do :P

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Hearing about how many folks are planning on going makes me want to jump on board.
(I probably won't decide until the event is closer.)

That's cool, tho I do need to tell yous guys that hotel rooms go fast. Since the place is right by the MOA, tourists always snap those rooms first. So try not to forget!

I wish i could go, but i haz almost no moneyz

also, i've never been to any con of any sort (prepares to die) so i don't even know what to do :P

Dude, you PARTY.

infractus

infractus

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
Mr.Me - what I've learned is that you walk around quite a bit, over and over from the same places, admire the things you can't afford to buy from the dealers room, gaze at neat things in the artists alley, talk to random people who just start talking to you, brace yourself from some other people hugging you out of nowhere, schedule your afternoon based on what panels you think you may want to attend, stalk your favorite guests (voice actors or otherwise :P ), did I mention walk around? I seem to recall doing a LOT of walking.. oh and there are usually some worthy raves at most conventions..

There's really no requirement of how to act (yourself, in character, or otherwise) to enjoy yourself, so long as you're not in a grumpy mood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users