Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Detour 2010

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Alright, as been slightly discussed in other topics, there is a handful of NiGHTSfans who plan or want to attend Anime Detour, a con based in my home sweet home, Minneapolis, Minnesota. This year it's April 23rd-25th. Since this is too good an opportunity to pass up, I propose doing SOMETHING. What exactly I don't know, but I'm imagining something that will make the Midwest tremble in phear of the fanbase. :)

Anyone feel like meeting random strangers in strange circumstances to cause mischievous purple hued havoc, post here! And bring ideas!

For those of you wanting more info, check out the con website. And if you're wondering why I'm doing this now when the con is in the spring.....

Cons are SERIOUS BUSINESS. :P

People have to plan for these things waaaay in advance. There's money, traveling, school, family things, and all sorts of other real life things that must be considered before one can commit to a con. Plus, registration is cheaper. I'm already registered and have a hotel room lined up, just so I could get it out of the way. Now I just have to hope I don't have any exams that week/end.

SO YEAH. WHO'S WITH ME?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I want to go to an Anime Con so badly. The one near me came and went without my knowing it even exsisted. :)

Carry around a piece of Pocky and think of me! :P

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
heh.. I've been on-and-off excessively excited (and probably sound like a yappy annoying puppy) about it to a certain someone...

Booked my admission something like a few months ago; not even sure if I'll be able to afford airline tickets, but I'm gonna get up there some way or another.
Suppose I'll need to obtain some more purple to throw in my attire for the event. I've got purple leopard-print legwarmers. it's a start. :lol:

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
...Crap, you just reminded me I need more purple too. TO THRIFT STORES!

I hope you can come, since the more the merrier. And hey, maybe we can start up a panel or something?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'm going obviously. I plan to cosplay as Dio Brando. Man Sierra, it was such a weird coincidence running into you last April...In America!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Only because you had those Engelbaum fliers and I SPAZZED OUT LIKE A FANGIRL.

....Man, that was great. :lol:

I still have one, btw. Wrinkled and creased beyond all crap due to merchandise crushing it, but it's on my desk.

I wonder who I should cosplay as? I can't sew though... ;.;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Hmm...I'm seriously considering this. I haven't been to an anime con in a while, and I'm trying to immerse myself in so much dorkiness that I come full circle and am not a dork at all. If I head out there I also know a few people I need to visit, so it may very well knock out quite a few birds with one stone.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Omg! That was Sierra you bumped into? XD hahahah small world.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Indeed it is. It was the highlight of my day.. In America.

I'm hoping enough NiGHTSfans show up so we could do something like this: *cue crappy MSpaint fun*

Posted Image

Have fun reading the tiny text. :D

So say we really do get a bunch of NiGHTSfans in one place. What would be a fun thing to do? Besides causing rampant chaos?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
This needs to happen!

Why you do that to DiGi *LOL*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I'm sorry, but I just love that meme. Even though it really isn't one. XD

*dreaming of making Anime Detour the unofficial official NiGHTSfan con*

C'mon, you guys KNOW you want in on that!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
How about a con that is less than 10 hours away from where I live?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Well NY has GOT to have some sort of con... I mean, it's New York. And it's like a law every state has at least one con. Why doncha google for some?

Sorry to hear you can't make it to our little get together over here. :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Man... This reeks. Jeff Dunham can come to my city, but a con can't? Bah I say! Bah! _-_ That's it... Something's gotta be done around here... I mean, I want to cosplay Yakko, but I can't do that if I can't even get to a con. Grah.
/rant

I love cons. Please, someone, catch it on tape for those of us who can't make it.
...Pretty please?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The beauty of cons is that nomatter where in the world you hold it there will always be a bunch of people unable to go because of distance. Like Summer of Sonic for instance. First time I've ever been to a SEGA related thing IN MY OWN COUNTRY, but everyone else complains about it saying its unfair it's in the UK >_>; With america it's even harder because America is the size of 50 UK's.

I would love to go to a NiD do at a con.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
hmm, why dont we arrange our own, like, 2 years away so everyone can save and such to be able to go?

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Wow haha I can possibly make this work into my schedule, I already have weekends off and I'll have new vacation days to use up. I don't go to enough cons, only 2, missed UNICON.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

Well NY has GOT to have some sort of con... I mean, it's New York. And it's like a law every state has at least one con. Why doncha google for some?

Sorry to hear you can't make it to our little get together over here. :(

Oh, it does -- and I've already managed to run into some forum-goers at Connecticon 2008? I JUST LIKE TO COMPLAIN! :P

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

The beauty of cons is that nomatter where in the world you hold it there will always be a bunch of people unable to go because of distance. Like Summer of Sonic for instance. First time I've ever been to a SEGA related thing IN MY OWN COUNTRY, but everyone else complains about it saying its unfair it's in the UK >_>; With america it's even harder because America is the size of 50 UK's.

I would love to go to a NiD do at a con.

So very true...
Thank god for airplanes, or I never would have made it to Sakuracon (in Seattle)

hmm, why dont we arrange our own, like, 2 years away so everyone can save and such to be able to go?

We really do need an official NiGHTS get together. We can make Anime Detour the test run for planning and whatnot, and then GO NUTS with 80% of the forums in one spot in the world. BWAHAHAHA-*cough*

Does anyone think they'll do a NiGHTS or NiGHTS related cosplay? I'd like to, but since I have zero sewing skillz I am just gonna make the hat and wear it around. :D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I really need to post more in this thread.

Anyway, Level 99 as well as anybody else considering it, I highly encourage you guys to come to Detour. It's not one of the biggest cons, but damn is it fun. It's like a big ol' party and a couple of the guests like Greg Ayres love it so much they make a point of never missing it. This last year was probably the worst Detour I've been to and it was still a blast. If anybody else here does go, let me know. I'll take everybody to the Mall of America and Senor Wong's the day before the con.

Anyway, funny story how I met Sierra. I'm pretty sure this is how it went. I was just walking around Artists Alley doing my thing. I was dressed as Bandit Kieth (in America) and I was getting people asking me for photos and hugs. During this time I would also hand out some Engelbaum flyers. Well, I ran into this group of girls and took out a page and one of them just starts spazzing like a fan girl. Turned out it was Sierra. :D She helped me hand out the rest of the pages.

On that note, since it seems like as good a place as any to mention it. There is a really good chance Infractus and I will be selling Engelbaum stuff at next Detour. I applied to the Artist's Alley and sent payment to hold a table. I haven't heard back from them yet but I'm optimistic.

Also, expect me to bring a cardboard road roller. Fun pics will be had. XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
My friends have been to AD before, and I REAAALLLLYYY wanna go this year. maybe make that helen cosplay I've wanted to do FOREVER.
note to self: get tickets

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I really wish we could come too! But it's the same year we're saving to go to Japanland :[ THOUGH nothing saying we can't make it to the next one :D I would love to have a proper JoD NiGHTS cosplay made by that point, last one took me 4 years ...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Andersam, you gotta register online on the website! Do it before dec 31st and it'll only be 35 bucks! :D

...Wait, Engelbaum merch at Detour!?

YESH! ^________^ *throws arms into the air* I can snag some sweet sweet buttonz for my bag! *button collector*

Omg Trippy if you're serious I'd be happy to meet up with you and run around the Mall of America like dweebs, give you a tour, show you the best hangouts, all that jazz, spouting NiGHTS jokes all the while. :D

....WHAT WOULD MY MOM SAY IF SHE KNEW OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Andersam, you gotta register online on the website! Do it before dec 31st and it'll only be 35 bucks! :D

...Wait, Engelbaum merch at Detour!?

YESH! ^________^ *throws arms into the air* I can snag some sweet sweet buttonz for my bag! *button collector*

I KNO I KNO!!

*runs upstairs to open piggy bank*

skrew saving up money to buy spring break soviners!

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-sadface- Utah... I live in the state where NOTHING happens... and it's full of Mormons! -sob- ...I'm also too young and don't have enough moneeez to go to Detour... -sniff- I barely have enough to go to this years con... no pocky for me this year... -sob-

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
O_o NO POCKY!?

...But... how do you LIVE!?

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
I don't... I subsist off the fun others are having... and my own envy. ...I don't have much weight, as I am underfed...

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Okay, I'm really leaning towards going now, if only cause a) I want to hang out with y'all cause you seem like bright, cheery folk B) I'll have an excuse to bring my geetar and play some vg tunes where people will actually recognize them (maybe I'll dress like Crono and play Millenial Fair!) and c) I'll have more of a chance to spread the word about OCR, if they're not planning on going to it already. They do frequent quite a few cons: outside of MAGFest, they do Otakon, PAX, and a few others.

I can definitely swing the money for a flight if I can figure out arrangements where I don't have to pay for a room by myself every night. I'll see if anyone else I know wants to go, but if not...well, hopefully something can be figured out.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
That's party why this topic exists: So that people can figure out the best way to get to Detour and then stay there comfortably. ^^ I'd offer, but A) I'ma chick, and B ) I already got a room set up with about six other people. XD

Tho I'm starting to wish I was staying at my parents' house just so that I could offer people some of the empty rooms. @_@ So many people I vaguely know are coming or are planning to! ^o^

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
I keep warning my manager well in advance about taking time off so she doesn't try to give me any crap when the day finally comes and I dash out of work to catch a flight up to Minnesota. We had a conversation Saturday about how she's going to be so very sad when either Dave or myself take vacation time from out jobs.. mostly because we're the only competent employees back there in the kennels... rahahah.

Work aside, I get stupidly excited about going to conventions and going to other places that I've not been to before.
Selling Engelbaum stuff with Zero is gonna be a blast : D

I want to get a cosplay together, but my ideas change day to day and I haven't set my heart on anything yet.. but got some good ideas that maybe I'll end up expanding on... ohoho *evil grin* ..I still haven't gotten anything together for EXPCon this weekend.. suppose that means last minute shopping spree, oh yay.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
.....Did you say kennels? Please elaborate. *animal nut*

Oh man, pick something fun and awesome for Detour, because the hotel its at is about ten minutes from the Mall of America. It's a long standing tradition to go on mall raids in costume and watch the plebeians stare. Ohohohoho. ^o^

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Yeah I really want to come now that there's alot of hype for this, a little afraid traveling out that far on my own, I did NY for ROFLcon, but I was pretty nervous until I got on the bus. It will give me intensive to toy with my Saturn stick and get my FIGHTAN GAEMS ON.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I got the mail in form printed out, I'm ironing it out with my parents. I'm probably just gonna tag along with a friend and her older sister.
I'm too squemish to tell my parents I'm gonna meet someone form online 'cause they're WAYYYYYY too over protective and would probably never let me go to a convention of any kind EVER AGAIN

I'm so EXXXIIIIIIIIIITTTEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!

seirra, If a random girl supposidly dressed like Helen comes up to you and gives you a big freakin' hug, that me.....
:P

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

I got the mail in form printed out, I'm ironing it out with my parents. I'm probably just gonna tag along with a friend and her older sister.
I'm too squemish to tell my parents I'm gonna meet someone form online 'cause they're WAYYYYYY too over protective and would probably never let me go to a convention of any kind EVER AGAIN

I'm so EXXXIIIIIIIIIITTTEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!

seirra, If a random girl supposidly dressed like Helen comes up to you and gives you a big freakin' hug, that me.....
:P

OMG YAY! ^o^ *throws arms in air again* I can't wait to see you! And don't worry, I'm not a creepy pedo like Will's dad..

FGSFDS I'M SO EXCITED.

This gonna be the best Detour EVER.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
*sobs like a banshee* i wanna come to thiiiiis! :P you're all gettin to party and have fun, and i'm stuck in crappy college!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
... y'know what? F*(K it! Put me down as a tentative yes. I don't know how I'll get there, who I'll stay with, or anything like that, but after today, I need to show some appreciation to y'all in person.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
we should make a 'wish you were here' sign or eat a cerimonial box of pockey or something for you guys!

I just realized how far away april is....

*tries to find something NiGHTS related to keep her mind of it*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Yeah, everyone needs to bring like 600 cameras and a video recorder, so we can slap all this on the forums when it's all said and done. :3

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Yeah, everyone needs to bring like 600 cameras and a video recorder, so we can slap all this on the forums when it's all said and done. :3

I lost my cam at Anime Boston ;_; I will try and get a new one by April, I have a laundry list of stuff I need want.
Maybe 10 more pounds of weight lost (if I cosplay) and some very sore wrists and thumbs will keep me in good shape for this.

If I do cosplay, its going to be Reala-ish...can't guarantee it would be good, it would be my first one D: no experience in that field either, halp.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Same here... I gotta get me a new, NICE, WORKING cam.

Diene if y'don't wanna do the whole cosplay you can make like me and just do the very identifiable hat. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users