Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Detour 2010

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Wish i coulda come along ;.; ONE DAY i will do an American Con! One day! One day when Engelbaum is massive, souleating and thoroughly merched out. Then i'll be forced to do a panel on something and massive fail it :D

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
There there, Trip. ^^ We shall make Detour the semi official Engelbaum con! So when you can come, everything will be set. Like, next year. Mwahahaha.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
BFJVEWBVURIEWBRAFDSFERFW!!!!

My DS just broke! and between Anime Detour and My spring break I won't be able to afford to fix it for quite some time. Looks like FFIII Will have to wait....

DSFDEWFEWDSCEWWQW
STILL EXCITED

Wish i coulda come along ;.; ONE DAY i will do an American Con! One day! One day when Engelbaum is massive, souleating and thoroughly merched out. Then i'll be forced to do a panel on something and massive fail it :D

DUDE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
XD Meeting TRiPPY is one of the things I absentmindedly put on my Bucket list

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Aieee! How will you last?

QUICKLY PLOT PLOTS OF DOOM FOR DETOUR. ONE EVERY DAY.

(Ps are you sure I can't convince your parents to let you room with us? XD)

Ooh, I know Trip! Set up a 'coffee fund' so you can come one of these years. ;D

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
And I still gotta drag TRiP n' DiG' out for Metro... lemme just start looking for quarters on sidewalks.

Delayed news, I finally got my airline ticket squared away. ffffhhh... I can't even believe it's almost just a month away. Work's been sucking hardcore lately, so I can't wait for my little mini-vacation.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Hooway! I'll look up Metrocon one of these days too...

Oh, that reminds me, who's handling the Engelbaum merch again? I was wondering what kinda stuff you were bringing. (I wanna buy one of the messenger bags but the cafepress store is gone :D )

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Aieee! How will you last?

QUICKLY PLOT PLOTS OF DOOM FOR DETOUR. ONE EVERY DAY.

(Ps are you sure I can't convince your parents to let you room with us? XD)

(XD You cannot BELIVE how much I want to say I could do that D: )

Plot #1: DRESS UP IN NINJA COSTUMES AND CALL OURSELVE THE NiGHTS CRUSADERS

*starts practicing her Helen accent*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
(Srsly I could like.. call your ma up or something, idk XD)

These costumes must be purple or they shan't be NiGHTS crusaders crusading outfits.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Can't wait to figure out the time of the OCR panel. I expect y'all to be in attendance, since being a nerd is awesome. I've been delaying on ordering the physical copies of Winter Dreamers EP, and I still may end up making them myself, but money is a little tight with my possibly getting a house within the next two months. If I don't get you physical copies, maybe I'll just give out hugs...

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Hugs are everywhere at Detour. Fair warning, if random people see you dishing out hugs for nothing you're going to be like a wounded Gazelle on the Serengeti. I hope you have a strong back to cope with glomps. XD

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Yeah, like that panda suit guy. (different from hamster guy)

When I told my mom about the hugging and general air of fun she compared it to hippies and Woodstock. XD She's kinda right, too.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
All the different colored spiky hairdos are certainly a solid replacement for acid. XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
http://schedule.animedetour.com/

They put up da schedule. OCReMix panel is on for Saturday at 3 PM. Rocking.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Oh, man, they have a .hack// panel this year!!? *rubs hands* Gonna set some N00bs STRAIGHT, hellz yeah.

Everything is looking completely awesome and I MUST MAKE SHADOW CLONES AND SEE EVERY SECOND. Also lols at the parents panel, I wish there were some way to sneak my parents in just for that so I can see their reactions of 'wtf is this person talking about'. Tho to be fair, my mom thinks it's strange yet awesome in general and my dad thinks the concept and word 'cosplay' is freaking hilarious. That's good enough for me.

BLLEEEEEEEEEEH CRAP IS IT APRIL YET NOW I'M ALL EXCITED.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

http://schedule.animedetour.com/

They put up da schedule. OCReMix panel is on for Saturday at 3 PM. Rocking.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Interesting panals! some of thouse sound hilarious and fun

LOL seeing 99's name makes me feel like I'm going to be paling around with a celebrity XD HOLD MY HAND GUYS

Speaking of which, my grandma found some patterns for my cosplay this weekend XD

FFFFFFFFFFT SO EXCITED

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
The time is near everyone. XD

Just curious, is anybody bringing a camera or video recorder? It would be a shame to not get any group photos or videos of our crazy NiGHTS fan antics.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

The time is near everyone. XD

Just curious, is anybody bringing a camera or video recorder? It would be a shame to not get any group photos or videos of our crazy NiGHTS fan antics.

Brushfire will be bringing a video camera for recording the OCR panel, but I dunno what else his crazy butt is gonna end up filming. Someone definitely needs to bring a camera for the exclusive NiGHTS action (I can't fight brushfire for control, he's a tall one).

I know that Friday night I will not be at the hotel because of some other things going on with the people I am staying with, but other than that I'm planning on spending as much time at the con as possible (outside of sleeping, of course).

Be gentle, this is my first time out to Minnesota!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Thanks for reminding me! I can bring plenty o cheap one use cameras but no camcorder, which we NEEEEEEEEEEEEED. For archive purposes of course. :)

I am working out my rides over state borders as I type, I'm sooo excited! :D

Don't worry Stevo, you'll be fine! Minnesota folks are nice in general, AND we're all NiGHTSfans here, which means we're even MORE mellow and fun and awesome irl. Where could you go wrong? :D

Little Kid: Mom, why are we going to Minnesota?
Mom: Umm, because it's like the best place ever.

From Urban Dictionary
(read it for a laugh) XD

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Thanks for reminding me! I can bring plenty o cheap one use cameras but no camcorder, which we NEEEEEEEEEEEEED. For archive purposes of course. :)

I am working out my rides over state borders as I type, I'm sooo excited! :D

Don't worry Stevo, you'll be fine! Minnesota folks are nice in general, AND we're all NiGHTSfans here, which means we're even MORE mellow and fun and awesome irl. Where could you go wrong? :D

Sierra! Haven't you learned ANYTHING from cartoons? NEVER SAY WHAT COULD GO WRONG ('cause something WILL XD)

HOLY FUDGE ITS ALMOST TIME!

*fangasms in the corner*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
That's exactly why I said it. :D

I am STILL so psyched for that .hack panel. And I am contemplating sneaking my mother in to the parent's panel, because she would actually gain something from it. But don't tell anyone!

Is Greg DJing the dance again?

...WAIT WHAT PURPLE SHALL I WEAR AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
T-minus 14...

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
oh man, you guys are gonna be BLOWN AWAY by my cosplay. It's....wonderful.

hmph. The friend I'm going with is skipping school just to go on the friday, while I can't. D:

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
T-minus 7...

I've been looking at the schedule and it looks quite interesting. Currently figuring out if I should say I'm definitely attending any other panels or if I should just mysteriously romp around and pop up when I'm least expected.

Also, looks like there's only five definite attendees to the OCR panel there, and that includes myself. Heh, well, if it DOES end up being something that small, it'll be a lot easier to answer questions. Try to bring your friends, though, because we'll be giving some stuff away and having a trivia contest! AND I MIGHT JUST PLAY A SPECIAL ANIME DETOUR ONLY SPECIAL PREVIEW TRACK FOR THE NiGHTS PROJECT! It won't be available to listen to outside of this.

Also, on a sad note, I was not able to procure the funds to do a special ordering of Winter Dreamers EPs to give away, and finding the time to make them myself has been impossible. So...sorry, I won't be able to give out physical copies of the EP this time around.

Edit: also, do we have a list of who all is definitely going to be there now?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Less than one week! Get hype!

Everybody remember to swing by the Studio Imagni booth and pick up your free "Will's Father" face mask.

Also, does anybody have any funny photo requests for me since I'm cosplaying as Dio Brando. I already have a few.

Finally, Sierra, send me a PM when you have a chance to let me know what your current transportation situation is right now.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Less than one week! Get hype!

Everybody remember to swing by the Studio Imagni booth and pick up your free "Will's Father" face mask.

Also, does anybody have any funny photo requests for me since I'm cosplaying as Dio Brando. I already have a few.

Finally, Sierra, send me a PM when you have a chance to let me know what your current transportation situation is right now.

HYPE! HYPE! *hums jaws tune, slowly*

Please not be joking about those masks. So much potential...

Also, I will, as soon as a friend returns my message. Should happen today.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Infractus is in charge of prints and such. As far as I can tell she's dead serious about them. XD

Drinks at Senor Wong's Thursday night. Yay!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Just finished the teaser for the NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming project. Rolls in at around two and a half minutes, showcasing snippets of over ten songs! Also, it dawned on me that the OCR panel is being recorded and will, eventually, probably be uploaded online...and the panel has the previews...RUH-ROH!

I am, indeed, very very excited for this. VERY excited. In fact, I just got a fresh haircut and beard trim. :D

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
*hums a little faster*

NiGHTSAPOLOOZA, YEAH!

Must find camera!

Let's pick a time for all of us to meet up and WANDER AROUND AIMLESSLY. With masks, and purple.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
LOL I'm SO @#$% EXCITED RIGHT NOW

I'm anxious as heck to Hang out with y'all and wear my cosplay.

Just to let you guys know, I'm unsure if I'll be attending on friday, but I will be attending the other days, so yeah, thats MY schedule so far...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I'm showing up Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday afternoon. If anyone cares. XD

....I just got an idea. Who of us that are coming has a small TV? And/or a Sega Saturn?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I'm all packed. I've got my flight info. I've got my fedora.

Ladies and Gentlemen, in the words of Duke Nukem...

Let's rock!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Good news everyone! The awesome weather we've been having may be replaced by rain this weekend!

Excuse me while I freak out while packing and whatnot. *hyperventilates* PACK CAMERAS.

I see your Duke Nukem and raise you one Dante.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Back from Detour. Expect a report later after I rest and get out of my little post con funk. Thinking about Auchi for a few hours should help. :unsure:

I can at least say this for out fine Admins. Infractus and I sold every single copy of Engelbaum we stocked for the con.

In the meantime everybody else can pitch in.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Yeah, I'm definitely sad to get back to reality. I had such a blast...excuse crazy uncle Stevo, he needs a few minutes alone to reflect so as to not totally bum out ;_;

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
AUUUGH REAL LIFE I DUN LIKE YOUUUU~

Yeah, I'm pretty sure one day of school might be enough to snap me back to reality. I spent about two hours today writing down my memories so I don't forget every little detail.
Maybe I can fake my way through English by trying to find words poetic enough to descibe my experiances. (something, ANYTHING, instead of reading slautherhouse 5...)
I'm also gonna have to consider how I'm gonna tell you about the embaressing thing that happened after I left...

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I demand pictures and reports and apples on my desk tomorrow morning :unsure:

Man, I can't wait for Achinawa, I wish I could take all of you with me, but I guess I'll have to settle for just Zero ;)

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
OH GOD. *collapses*

I hate the post con crash SO HARD. Depressed after so much awesome and worn out.

Pics are being developed (LOL non digital) and the stories and such will come after I eat some food, shower, and pass out.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
STEVO HOW DARE YOU LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE?! YOU MADE ME CRY.

okay, so maybe and maybe not. I'll do my best to try and catch you guys at MAGFest because you and the OCR boys are nuts, but lovable all the same.

And another hearty fist jab to Zero. I'm so thrilled we sold eeeevery copy. And gave away, like, a million flyers, postcards, and business cards.

Sitting in the airport right now, waiting for the boarding flight on my way home, giggling about Forks in garbage disposals, jizzing in my pants, and the taste of rainbows.

and yes, I still have that *@#$ unicorn song stuck in my head.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

and yes, I still have that *@#$ unicorn song stuck in my head.

You mean this one?

Always by Erasure

You know, as much as I joked about this song I really do love it but goddamn it won't leave my mind alone and in my current mindset with circumstances as they are I almost feel like crying. T_T

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
*useless post is useless*

speaking of ponies... I just seriously E-mailed this to 99: http://starlightmoon...deviantart.com/

*headdesks*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users