Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Due to stock footage during the opening titles, I could claim Peter Cushing as the star of my show. :P Thank you, public domain!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
I've decided to clean out under our laptop keyboard tomorrow. I had to clean out under only ONE key last week and it was just so darn dirty that the OCD inattentive child in me won't shut up until I clean the rest of it. *Cue obligitory joke about rearranging the keys when I'm done
QWERTY, nothing can beat you!

Due to stock footage during the opening titles, I could claim Peter Cushing as the star of my show. :) Thank you, public domain!

HOORAY FOR LOOPHOLES! : D

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
My copy of CNiD is on its way to me finally! :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Deathsmiles! CANNOT. GET. ENOUGH.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Did someone say Starlight Moonbeam? :_; *cries*

They'd better evolve Sudowoodo and Corsola...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3180427

Megaman Universe.. neato stop motion trailer.. with Ryu in it..

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Why do mini golf courses feel the need to dye the water in the waterfalls blue? I mean, c'mon? Is it so you can't see your ball when you lose it in the water? Because if not, it really does make it harder to see the ball, especially when your ball is blue, too! UGH.

At least I got it after 5 minutes of looking.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Let me drop a bombshell that just might shake your world. In The Legend of Zelda series, ever wonder why Vaati went around stealing females post-Minish Cap and pre-Four Sword? Well... Here's a theory.

"In A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures there are a set number of maidens protecting the seal to some dark and sinister source of power. Originally, Vaati's death was, according to unused text found within FSA, set during the Imprisoning War from ALttP. That war sealed the path to the Dark World for a time. Ultimately though, the idea was changed, and now the timeline isn't as clear. If FSA had taken place during the Imprisoning War as originally intended, then saying that Vaati had found out about the seal and wanted to open it isn't too far of a stretch. That would explain all the seemingly random kidnappings: he would have been searching for the descendants of the Seven Wise Men in order to reopen the portal to the Dark World. But since the Imprisoning War idea for FSA never passed and is therefore non-canon, it's not as simple to say that theory. Nevertheless, Vaati searching for the descendants of the Seven Wise Men sometime post-ALttP is still a possible theory.

Vaati has a bad habit of not doing his research, that much can be assumed. He may look up some information of what he needs, but he never gets the full story, going on his own assumptions. Therefore, if he believed that the power of the Wise Men lied within the females as the light force had, he would have attempted to find the descendants of said Wise Men. He may or may not have been too late in finding them. If the split-timeline is brought into the equation, and one makes the theory that ALttP and the Four Sword saga occurred in different timelines, then it's entirely possible that Vaati's what-if search for the descendants was not in vain since the seal would have been broken in just one branch."

- excerpt from "Light Character Study: Vaati"
(Please note that the writer was half-asleep when making that "study".)

Source for plausible timeline:
http://sites.google....re/timeline.JPG
(Spirit Tracks is after Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword is before Ocarina of Time.)
The pic's too large to place as an image, takes a bit to load.

...All of that is merely theorizing, of course. Doesn't stop me from being a tad ticked that Vaati is never mentioned again outside of the Four Sword saga. T_T What? He's not important enough? It's like Ganondorf's presence overshadowed him and made him nothing more than a "mini-boss" to the history of Hyrule.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
I guess not only am I a bad brother, I'm also an insensitive asshole to my girlfriend. Whatever.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Smashy- Here's my take on it. The Imprisoning War never refered to as a solid event; rather, a bunch of people on unrelated occasions went looking for the Triforce, but the King got annoyed and ordered seven Wise Men to block the way to said Triforce. So, FSA could have easily been one of the events that led to (or could have been, see below) the creation of the seal. Since we only hear about the Imprisoning War in the intro to ALttP and never actually see it (though there are several seal made in games such as OoT, WW, and TP), there's nothing to contradict the idea that Vaati was in the Dark World all this time; heck, it's one of the levels in FSA!

The Four Swords/ALttP rerelease shows the master sword becoming the Four Sword in a bonus level- could the Four Sword seal be the same as the Master Sword seal? Though it's based on adimittedly shaky facts, there isn't anything solid to disprove it...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Woah- http://news.national...-crystals-cave/

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Woah- http://news.national...-crystals-cave/

That's amazing!

I finally watched Blue Underground's Mondo Cane DVD. Mondo Cane is a weird 1962 documentary about strange, shocking customs from around the world, and it's sad, shocking, hilarious, campy, breathtaking, and everything in between. What gets me, though, is that in a movie with cults of islanders who worship cargo planes, radioactive fish that live in trees, and masochistic catholics in Italy, the longest segments are on...drunk Germans and old people visiting Hawaii. Really, movie? Why? At least the Italian cut explains the Hawaii bit at the very end of the segemnt, lamenting that it's essentially paradise lost and tourists doing the hula is the only remaining traditional dance.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

The Four Swords/ALttP rerelease shows the master sword becoming the Four Sword in a bonus level- could the Four Sword seal be the same as the Master Sword seal? Though it's based on adimittedly shaky facts, there isn't anything solid to disprove it...

Whoa - wait - hold the phone. The Master Sword BECAME the Four Sword? O_o What the...?

Everything I know is a lie!!

Four Swords IS canon because it's mentioned in FSA. So that means...

...Oh crud. *facepalm* So in other words the circulating theory that's been made of there being TWO different Vaatis... Oh crud.

*goes to research* So the bonus level was unlocked in ALttP? By the looks of it, the Master Sword only became the Four Sword AFTER Link had collected four different colored swords. The Four Sword from MC and the Four Sword from the GBA-ALttP cannot be the same.

In any case, I doubt that their seals are the same.

Zelda theories are dizzying. @_@

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
SAD TRUTH: The Zelda games aren't supposed to be telling any sort of overarching story. If they are supposed to function as a whole, it would be the most convoluted, least satisfying, hack-work ever designed. I'M SAYIN' IT!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

SAD TRUTH: The Zelda games aren't supposed to be telling any sort of overarching story. If they are supposed to function as a whole, it would be the most convoluted, least satisfying, hack-work ever designed. I'M SAYIN' IT!

Yeah, but it's fun to guess. :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

XD I would like to see Nintendo try to explain it all. It would be a riot.

Yeah, but it's fun to guess. :D

Yes. Yes it is.

Split-timeline. >_> It's canon.

Also - MY BRAIN! It's...goo...ey...mushed...p---poop... @_@ Too many theories. Too much pressure. Memoirs. Mages. Bats. The freaking bats! I can't take it, man! I can't take it! *promptly jumps out window*

***PSA: Bats. If they have one eye, they deserve to be stabbed glomped manipulated drawn sealed away.***

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Does anyone know of any good horror/cult/exploitation/B-movie forums? I have no one to talk about my weird tastes in movies. :(

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
IMO the Rue Morgue forums are pretty excellent.
(While your at it, you might want to pick up an issue of Rue Morgue magazine.)

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
realized that "quick reply" dose not add to your post count, and I did A LOT of those, not that it matter's but I don't catch on to things easily :(;

That cave is...eventually going to be empty now that humans discovered it lol.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
Are you sure it's not just because posts made in the Community Corner don't add to postcount? ;)

Maybe it's time for some rules-revising for this forum? There are certainly some "word game" type threads (ie "Tell a lie about the poster above you") and I think birthday threads aren't all that bad...
BUT WHATEVS!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Yes, there really is a Zelda master timeline document. But we can't see it. x_x

THERE IS A TIMELINE! I'm so happy...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

IMO the Rue Morgue forums are pretty excellent.
(While your at it, you might want to pick up an issue of Rue Morgue magazine.)

Heh, "To the Devil a DVD." Christopher Lee puns = fantastic. I just discovered Scary Monsters magazine (think a modern version of the "Famous Monsters of Filmland"-type magazines of the 60s), but if I can tear myself away, Rue Morgue will be on my list to check out. :)

realized that "quick reply" dose not add to your post count, and I did A LOT of those, not that it matter's but I don't catch on to things easily :(;

I almost exclusively do quick replys, and my post count increases. I didn't know about Community Corner posts not adding to thecount. Odd.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Oh God. If Dreamfinder and/or Horizons make an apperance in Epic Mickey I'm gonna Fangasm...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
"Dr. Robotnik is so fat that he stepped on a rainbow and made Skittles." - Epilogue of Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Special Edition, on the 32x*

*Which does not exist

/randomness

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
I've been feeling rather lonely since my girlfriend got a job at McDonalds. These days all she does when she's not working is sleep. I know its not that easy working the cash register, but its only for four hours. Bleh. I'm getting sick of this.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Wait your post count doesn't go up for Quick Reply? So that's why I don't have many posts on my post count... hmm...

And that crystally cave is AWESOME. I wanna go visit it NOW.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Ugh...dubbing makes my brain hurt...can we go back to the days of silent movies, please?

Also editing. I just want to insert a clip, but there's dozens of versions of the video!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Sean Penn as the real-life King of all Cosmos from Katamari Damacy?
Posted Image Posted Image

Hmmmmm.......

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Just as long as he doesn't start spitting rainbows, I feel safe. :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Ugh, my Saturn's battery neds to be replaced again.. there goes my NiD file.. again.. -.-'

C'mon Apple, when's our computer gonna be ready already..

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Saturn batteries certainly are pathetic. You'd think dying ever so often would have been a design flaw that Sega would notice. :P

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
Dio had such a magical voice. :P

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Posted Image

If Miku can dress up as Ulala, it's only fair that Ulala should get to do the same.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Kee-ripes http://themodernarti...y-dalton-getty/

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Should i really say this....? Uh........ Yeah. Sure. Why not?

Ahem. *grabs microphone*

Prop 8, a law that was passed in California to prevent gay people from marrying, has been retracted.

*turns of megaphone*

Thank you.

[spoiler]I'm straight for the record.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Should i really say this....? Uh........ Yeah. Sure. Why not?

Ahem. *grabs microphone*

Prop 8, a law that was passed in California to prevent gay people from marrying, has been retracted.

*turns of megaphone*

Thank you.

[spoiler]I'm straight for the record.

Finally.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...Just realized that I never re-checked that last post. XP Microphone magically turned into a megaphone.

At least CA cleaned up its reputation a little bit. Separation of church and state. >_>

Random: TVtropes. Freaking. Addictive. Archive binge waiting to happen.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Kentilan's been working a new NiGHTS fangame- http://forums.sega.c...ad.php?t=339318

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Kentilan's been working a new NiGHTS fangame- http://forums.sega.c...ad.php?t=339318

Yeah it's pretty good.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
I just found out now that a new Wallace and Gromit movie was made last year 0.o

Plus I still haven't seen this new thing with Shaun the sheep..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users