Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
*stares at Level 99* O _ O

You have to admit, it would be epic<3 xD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I never knew there was a Panzer Dragoon anime 0.o http://sega-memories...agoon.html#more

I dunno if the NiD '96 E3 display video has ever been posted there, but it totally should..

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Yeah, I own that on VHS. It's... really bad. I mean, really bad. Even by the standards of one-episode video-game based OVAs. I mean, the CGI looks considerably worse than the cutscenes used for the game. It has no reason to exist. The dub is atrocious. Filled with ridiculous quotes about how Kyle must save his LADY from the... DRAG-ON.

The best thing about it was the fact that on the start of the tape were a ton of awesome ADV previews for other anime like Sorcerer Hunters, the Slayers movie, Legend of Crystania. Since anime was not yet something widely-known, I thought it was awesome.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Is anybody else's community/school being overtaken by the so called "Silly Bands"? Everyone at my school collects and trades these things. And YES, these are 15-18 year olds! I don't understand what can possibly be so great about them, and it seems no one understands why I don't understand!

http://www.sillybandz.com/

THE HORROR.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Seeing as SEGA just started remembering that it had arcade games, I think they should make a Virtua Cop collection for the Wii just like they are doing for GunBlade NY/L.A. Machine Guns.

Is anybody else's community/school being overtaken by the so called "Silly Bands"? Everyone at my school collects and trades these things. And YES, these are 15-18 year olds! I don't understand what can possibly be so great about them, and it seems no one understands why I don't understand!

THE HORROR.

The most simplest things amaze children. Remember peek-a-boo? Good times.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Wellll botched up Space Channel 5 Part 2's 'Connected Hearts' with dark lyrics. Fracking plot bunnies. Fracking. Plot bunnies.

Purge! You logical fangirl, why did you have to get that bunny to nom on brain? It's done... Now back to a slightly less pressing plot bunny and fricking decide on an ending.

Plot bunny farm! :rolleyes:

... I need my caffeine. Terribly.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I want a Sugar Glider. Like, right now. They're flippin' adorable.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I want a chameleon.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

THE HORROR.

I must admit that it's a brilliant concept, but hopefully it won't grow to Twilight proportions. It's like Pokemon cards- absurdly simple, and therefore easy to buy a ton of without spending a lot at once. ;D

Wellll botched up Space Channel 5 Part 2's 'Connected Hearts' with dark lyrics. Fracking plot bunnies. Fracking. Plot bunnies.

Purge! You logical fangirl, why did you have to get that bunny to nom on brain? It's done... Now back to a slightly less pressing plot bunny and fricking decide on an ending.

Plot bunny farm! :P

... I need my caffeine. Terribly.

I had a bunch of plot bunnies jumping around, so I combined them all into one idea, then attempted to make some sort of cohesion. Of course, that might not work with fanfiction spread out amoung various series, but it's an idea. Take the best ideas, then work from there.

I want a Sugar Glider. Like, right now. They're flippin' adorable.

Posted Image
D'awwwwwwww~ :(

They're like if pure cute manifested itself as animals. :D

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
So now that I have a 360, I've been playing Ikaruga. I have to say that this game is awesome, even though I kind of suck at it. I have yet to receive a grade higher than "B" for a level and I haven't even made it to the last level yet (I doubt that will happen until I unlock unlimited continues). However, I do have a significantly higher rank on the leaderboards compared to everyone I know... so I must be doing SOMETHING right!

I'm excited for Deathsmiles to be released in June. Hardcore shooters FTW!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
I finally got the hang of Sonic Riders Zero-G, and just last night tried NiGHTS on a Yacht board.

HOLY CRAP THE CHARECTER ANIMATIONS. There much better and more expressive then the air board or flight board ones. If you have the game, I highley recommend doing a race with this.
When NiGHTS loses the race he bangs his head on the upper part of the yacht and lets his body go limp. When he does a gravity dive, he does this little one leg out pose. NOW THATS THE NiGHTS I KNOW.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Spider. Killed a fly. On my front door's screen. >< Hate spiders. The only thing worse than spiders are spiders underwater.

Both are rational fears. In no way did a video game make me afraid of water. Nope. Uh uh. Why would that be? Surely a giant underwater creature that slowly kills you while you're helpless isn't scary. Surely. And surely I did not just figure out any such thing from my subconsciousness just now. Nope.

Now for a warm meal and bed. Oh, and kill all spiders.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Spider. Killed a fly. On my front door's screen. >< Hate spiders. The only thing worse than spiders are spiders underwater.

Both are rational fears. In no way did a video game make me afraid of water. Nope. Uh uh. Why would that be? Surely a giant underwater creature that slowly kills you while you're helpless isn't scary. Surely. And surely I did not just figure out any such thing from my subconsciousness just now. Nope.

Now for a warm meal and bed. Oh, and kill all spiders.

It's funny how crazy things as kids can affect us forever. I'm afraid of spiders because of really weird dream with a giant spider that could make little ones to attack people. I remember that nightmare clear as day...*shudder*

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Random thought: This picture makes me laugh my ass off.
Posted Image

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
LAFF RIOT!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...Too much...Space Channel 5. Seriously, it feels mechanical to play now. Buuut can't stop (or at least stop thinking about it) until the wiki's done.
Although it's helping with a writing quota at least, and that wiki is better than it has been in the past year and a half or so since it's been abandoned. That thing's going to have nearly 200 articles by the time we're done getting it all up to speed.

And take it from me, never place yourself in small quarters with an English bulldog. x_x

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
As a Smash Bros fan, I take offense to that picture! ;) I need to show it everyone I know.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Card games on Motorcycles!!!

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Apparently, getting a boating license in my state takes only a day. AND, interestingly, my aunt and uncle (who live on a lake) are planning on buying an awesome new boat they want me to see.
...hmm...

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Trauma Team!!! Yay!!!

While I was sitting in my room playing Persona 4, I began wondering if it was possible to defeat one's Shadow self without the aid of others. So far, everyone who had fallen prey to the TV World were rendered unconscious after they denied their Shadows. So would it be possible for the victim to stay awake and fight the Shadow itself?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
So I'm determined to get all the achievements in Rez HD, I only have one left - playing through a level in score attack mode 30 times. Honestly, this is kind of seriously annoying considering I surpassed the high scores of all my friends with the game on my first go. On the plus side, my scores are pretty impressive, I guess.
...BUT I have less than 10 plays in score attack left! And then I will be T3H SUPER-HARDCORE REZ-FAN!

I can't believe I never got the game for Dreamcast or PS2.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Great. All that's needed is a Japanese translator. Why you ask? Purge got ahold of the Space Channel 5 Part 2 Sugoku Sugoi Guide Book. Very rare, out of print, and it just has to be sent now. (Yes, I understand. I've been seemingly obsessed with SC5, but that's just on the surface; Zelda awaits below.)

So all we need are translators...because the pages and pages of this book are too much for one person alone. Now to begin operation "Find a Way to Summon Translators". XP

"Really Awesome" indeed...

Oh, and red is an unlucky color when near birds. It really is. Pepsi blue, however, is not.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I really hate that I can't feel comfortable recommending JoD to people, when it comes to picking out a Wii game. No matter if the person who's gonna play the game is old or young. It's hard for me to figure what they'd think of it. Hm.. I wonder if the next time my friend's seven year old is here I might show him NiD.. or should it be JoD.. last time we played Sonic Unleashed on the PS3. Thing is I wonder if he'd find NiGHTS hard to play..

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I really hate that I can't feel comfortable recommending JoD to people, when it comes to picking out a Wii game. No matter if the person who's gonna play the game is old or young. It's hard for me to figure what they'd think of it. Hm.. I wonder if the next time my friend's seven year old is here I might show him NiD.. or should it be JoD.. last time we played Sonic Unleashed on the PS3. Thing is I wonder if he'd find NiGHTS hard to play..

Both games have a sort of universal appeal (NiD being more universal, but even JoD's garsger critics have named good points). Suggest it and see what happens for both. If they like it, great! It's a new fan! If not, there are other games they can play. Just do it, and see what happens. :)

In other news, I tidied up my video game stuff. Getting through the bird's nest of cables was easier than I thought, and now I can move around! I also moved my games to a new hutch-thing, so they're easier to get to. Productivity is a wonderful thing.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
^ makes sense
I had no idea Earthworm Jim was getting the HD treatment 0.o http://g4tv.com/thef...-This-Week.html

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Thinking about laying down an idea for a rhythm track tomorrow and getting it recorded. Will then come up with a lead melody part to go over it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
This 'Guile theme goes with everything' meme is quite enjoyable http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
BBQ = sunburn
Cruddy controllers suck.
Realism = nightmares
That is all.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
@SmashQueen,Do you mean literal crud? Little brothers + Cheetos + Video games = disgusting controllers for everyone else who plays. :D

And I have officially been here a whole year! Doesn't really seem like it...

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Man, sorry for not being as active on the forums.
It's been a crazy year, and what with my first year of high school ending.

I should be back now, but finals are coming up soon.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I hate how the Wii has tons of potential, but no one cares. Nintendo uses it for kiddy junk and exercise games, third party deveopers like to ignore it completely, and "hardcore gamers" online like to attack it just because. It's just stupid.

And welcome back Purge! We missed you. :)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
@ Purge: lol Just wait until next year. Though high school gets exponentially easier if you don't take APs. Or at least, that's been my experience in America.

My cat wants cuddles, so she's crawling all over my desk and getting in my face.

I know where my DDR is, now. It's in my parents' closet. I'm not supposed to have it until I graduate. So either I'll get it this Saturday during my grad party or on Tuesday during the reception after my actual graduation ceremony. My first DDR game! :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

@SmashQueen,Do you mean literal crud? Little brothers + Cheetos + Video games = disgusting controllers for everyone else who plays. :D

Nah. The kind of cruddy controllers that don't work well anymore. A neighbor's kid hasn't been taking good care of them when she's over. ><;

@Purge - Welcome back. ^^

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
http://forums.someth...mp;pagenumber=1

Pfft BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I don't know what the "mystery section" is but I have a feeling it will be something super-cool.

I know where my DDR is, now. It's in my parents' closet. I'm not supposed to have it until I graduate. So either I'll get it this Saturday during my grad party or on Tuesday during the reception after my actual graduation ceremony. My first DDR game! :D

Awesome! I'm a 100% DDR addict.
BEST TIP FOR BEGINNERS: Don't return your feet to the middle while playing!
And remember that everyone sucks at first, practice is key!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Inner thoughts: "Arc 1, almost done. Arc 2 on the way, a little more to do on the aftermath, then arc 3. Pfft. Like the remainder is gonna be easier. >> Fricking.... Oi! Final!"

Voiced thoughts: I'm re-obsessed with SSB. Also, five words: "Here comes the Koopa Bros.!"

And Stevo...that just keeps getting better and better. Oddly enough, I got a Pokemon video from a 98 cent store once. It was the real deal. Go figure.

Edit: And I've seen the cover for "Transmorphers" before at a Hollywood Video about 5 years back. My family and I got a good chuckle out of that.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I must cleanse this polluted mind of mine.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

http://forums.someth...mp;pagenumber=1

Pfft BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of Transmorphers, I could go on about The Asylum for hours. But the Italians are far more explicit:

Posted Image
Terminator 2, from the same director who gave us...

Posted Image
Jaws 5!

And, of course, Lucio Fulci's infamously gory yet rather slow paced Zombi 2...

Posted Image
Zombi was Dawn of the Dead's European title.

Zombi 2 started scads of sequels, including Fulci's Zombi 3 (With Bruno Mattei, the Terminator 2/Jaws 5 director). It's the five degrees of remakesploitation!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Zombi 2 started scads of sequels, including Fulci's Zombi 3 (With Bruno Mattei, the Terminator 2/Jaws 5 director). It's the five degrees of remakesploitation!

What's great is that there are MULTIPLE Zombi 4s and 5s, some of which were originally released before Zombi 3 but retitled to capitalize on the series.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Well, I bought Billy Hatcher yesterday.
It was so addictive, but now I'm stuck on Dino Mountain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users