Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Listening to some Black Sabbath in my basement on my Saturday night. :(

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Happy Pi Day to all the nerdly-types!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Happy Pi Day! Did you know that Lewis Carroll had a pneumonic device that helped him remember Pi to 92 decimals? THAT TAKES SKILL.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
That's pretty impressive. But since he was a mathematician, I guess it's to be expected?
I've got it down to 30, that's already way more than I'll ever need. (I was inspired to do it by this song.)

To celebrate, I ought to watch the movie Pi (which I haven't seen in years) and the episode of Count Duckula where some American tourist (inaccurately) spouts out pi.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

:) I can't believe I forgot about Pi Day! Most years my math class has lobbied for pie-feasting fun on this day, but this year no one mentioned it.

"Pirates attacked us." is what I said to my brother this morning. Yes, he was also confused until I told him it was a dream. XD

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Happy Pi Day! :)

Thought: Imagination's been sparked again but reality wants to shoot it down again. Oi... Also, why aren't there any active SMRPG clubs on deviantart? >> There are two that I know of but both were abandoned for different reasons. The closest I can get is the AU comic (which I find interesting) by Prismaya on DA, but she's got some financial troubles and she's asking for help. Here's what she's dealing with. Arg! Really wish I could help but I'm broke. Still. >< She's not just asking for complete handouts. She's willing to draw something or sing something in A Capella.

I really, really hate the economy and complications with insurance. *headdesk*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Jazwares is finally making a legit Super Sonic figure woo

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

YAY! HAPPY HAPPY PI DAY!

Meh, I'm late. Anyways, yesterday in my math class, we had a PARTY! We made a color-coded chain for Pi up to about 200 decimals, and now it's hanging around the room! Then we did Pi Sudoku, ate cookies iced with the Pi symbol, and of course, ate pie! Pretty elementary for a high school Algebra class. Oh well. T'was fun. :)

Another thought: Did you know if you are not Irish or Catholic, it's tradition to wear orange on St. Patty's day.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

YAY! HAPPY HAPPY PI DAY!

Meh, I'm late. Anyways, yesterday in my math class, we had a PARTY! We made a color-coded chain for Pi up to about 200 decimals, and now it's hanging around the room! Then we did Pi Sudoku, ate cookies iced with the Pi symbol, and of course, ate pie! Pretty elementary for a high school Algebra class. Oh well. T'was fun. :D

Another thought: Did you know if you are not Irish or Catholic, it's tradition to wear orange on St. Patty's day.

I want to have nerdy math parties! Too bad there's no January 61 to celebrate Phi day. It's the divine ratio, people!

Saint Patrick's day baffles me. He brought Catholicism to Ireland (which worked out so well), and rove out snakes that never were there. It's like how Spain's national day celebrates Columbus, an Italian who got lost. Hollidays are funny things...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
The "snakes" St. Patrick drove out actually refers to the druids. Supposedly what little writings of his that survive have him bragging about putting a curse on the pagans who had been living in Ireland. [come on! the druids were cool!]

I'm part Irish, but I'm not Catholic. I dislike it when people drink heavily for such a stupid reason as "IRISH WOOOOO" - WAY TO PROPAGATE A NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE GUYS! Oh well, I admit that I'm fond of Guinness, but I won't drink any of it today out of protest. And I don't think I ever want the green-dyed beer most folks apparently drink? Part of this is because I am NOT AT ALL the kind of person who hangs out in bars except under unusual circumstances. I heard that St. Patrick's day isn't even that big a deal in Ireland, though I'm unsure if this is true or not.

(Basically, I like being a pretentious jerk. :P)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

The "snakes" St. Patrick drove out actually refers to the druids. Supposedly what little writings of his that survive have him bragging about putting a curse on the pagans who had been living in Ireland. [come on! the druids were cool!]

I'm part Irish, but I'm not Catholic. I dislike it when people drink heavily for such a stupid reason as "IRISH WOOOOO" - WAY TO PROPAGATE A NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE GUYS! Oh well, I admit that I'm fond of Guinness, but I won't drink any of it today out of protest. And I don't think I ever want the green-dyed beer most folks apparently drink? Part of this is because I am NOT AT ALL the kind of person who hangs out in bars except under unusual circumstances. I heard that St. Patrick's day isn't even that big a deal in Ireland, though I'm unsure if this is true or not.

(Basically, I like being a pretentious jerk. :D)

Aha! Druids were fun! Any country with any relation to Ireland or the UK has some Druid-y influence. Halloween? Druids. Various elements of English? Druids.

People drink green beer? That's...scary...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Since I can type more than 70 words per minute I wonder what kind of job I'd be good at.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
IMMORTAL JELLYFISH

http://green.yahoo.c...tal-animal.html

We need a jellyfish Maren.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
WAAAAAHHH!!! SO FREAKING AWESOME!
I love the ocean.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Taxes + finances + work + stuck in a musical rut = FRUSTRATION.

The weather, however, is gorgeous this weekend. I feel that one of the extremely therapeutic "drives with the windows down, sunroof open, blasting music, driving to nowhere special" is in order. Guilty pleasure: screaming lyrics to your own songs on the stereo at the top of your lungs, and having people near you freaked out with how they can hear you singing but it's 100% matching the song being played. Gets 'em every time!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Guilty pleasure: screaming lyrics to your own songs on the stereo at the top of your lungs, and having people near you freaked out with how they can hear you singing but it's 100% matching the song being played. Gets 'em every time!

XD Yes! I would love to do that one day. Actually, I think everyone wants to do that at some point in their life.

"What the heck is he singing?"
"I don't know but he's matching the lyrics."
"Wait - does that have to do with a video game?"
"I have no idea!"
"What?!"
"I said I have no idea! He's singing too loud!"
"What the hell's a 'Pian'?!"
"Some stupid redneck joke, now move over a lane! He's blaring my eardrums out!"
"Hell no, that's catchy!"

....And five minutes after getting to the nearest Internet source they google what song was playing. :D

Random thought: ................................... (Sorry, drawing a blank. Inspiration's gone dry. Deep well, but there's about ten inches at best left at the bottom and the bucket can barely get what's needed. Where the heck's my muse?!)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
Singing in the car is one of life's great joys. But since I don't have my own songs to sing, I just have to go with other folks'.
...and since I'm often listening to Japanese music, I'm not so often matching the real lyrics...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Listening to this Splash Hill Zone theme for the hundredth time. It's eerily addictive.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
There's nothing more fun that watching scary movies late at night while reciting lines from memory and laughing like crazy. :D

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

There's nothing more fun that watching scary movies late at night while reciting lines from memory and laughing like crazy. :D

Scary movies have two moods: 1) they can be terrifying 2) they can be hilarious. Usually if you're watching anything for a second time it's more likely to be hilarious than it is terrifying.

and don't get me wrong, I sing to other people's lyrics too. It's just funny with the freakout when their brain is telling them the voices are matching.

Random thought: my musical rut is tied into my house search, which is also tied into my current onslaught of tension headaches. But. BUT! It's gorgeous weather lately so I'm happy.

(Smashy: I'll tell Luiza you said she rocked :D)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Spike Spiegel figure skater

didn't perform to Bebop music though, loss of points there

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
First off, thanks Stevo.

Second... Creepy coincidence I'm sure, but when I played Zelda: Minish Cap...well, it's probably because I didn't care several years back or that my cousin was the one with the game at the time... You see, Vaati's laugh sounds suspiciously like the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask! O__O Just compare the laugh during the start screen in MM when the Salesman is spinning in place to Vaati's laugh...maybe sometime after the Elemental Sanctuary.

It's...creepy! Reincarnation! D:

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

First off, thanks Stevo.

Second... Creepy coincidence I'm sure, but when I played Zelda: Minish Cap...well, it's probably because I didn't care several years back or that my cousin was the one with the game at the time... You see, Vaati's laugh sounds suspiciously like the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask! O__O Just compare the laugh during the start screen in MM when the Salesman is spinning in place to Vaati's laugh...maybe sometime after the Elemental Sanctuary.

It's...creepy! Reincarnation! D:

Vaati and the Happy Mast Salesman are the two greatest Zelda characters ever, so I'm not surprised. :D As soon as I can drag myself away from ASR to play Minish Cap, I'll let you know what I think. :D

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have discovered what I believe to be the most beautiful combat aircraft ever constructed.
The HAL HF-24 Marut.
Even the crappy line-art is good.
Let it never be said that India can't build a striking plane.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Just watched Daft Punk's Electroma...now i'm all weirded out.

I mean like......Wtf? O_o

Guest_MidnightStar_*

Guest_MidnightStar_*
  • Guests
Watching a YTP.I have nothing to do today and I'm soo bored.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
facing Red with 1 lvl 60 and everything else lower isn't fair :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Go see "How to Train Your Dragon." I loves it, I do. :D

Also, I hate having an idea for everything in a story except for names and the main characters' motivations. Why would someone want zombie slaves? :P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Why would someone want zombie slaves? :P

Why would Albert Weaker want to inject himself with the G-Virus? It's all about ulterior motives... Zombies slaves... Regular 'need to feed' zombies or zombies that still have some intelligence left? Maybe an undead army to set loose upon an old hometown...or something... I just come up with crazy ideas. >>;

Zombie army! Take over the White House! Bwahaha! Obey Vaati - erm...your master Noctourne. Yes, Noctourne. >>; Now do your master's bidding and be a distraction whilst your master works on the bigger picture...

Also, if I have to hear a robot say "Dance dance dance! Dance-dance dance!" one more time I'm going to write a violent scene in which the player personally dismantles Purge's little toy through a Space Distortion in which space particles around a foreign space being transform from an enormous amount of jiggy power. Once done, someone could go through a Space Tunnel and appear wherever it deposited him or her. In this case a her who would very much like to tear Purge from his robot and quite literally kick his butt all around
Spoiler
. Then the Space Distortion shuts up after a few minutes (could be days depending on the force of the jiggy power and space particles' power), transferring the foreign space being back to his or her original place.

And then maybe later I'll scribe out a sequel. Pffft. Space Channel 5 meets Super Smash Bros. XP Yes!

Ehhh... Please excuse the gibberish. Waaaay too many thoughts mixed with caffeine. Read a unique LoZ Vaati-centric fanfic that sparked the imagination on top of a ton of other things happening around here. Creativity headache. Not a writer's crash...more like a creative overload. Really weird...

Also, silver-plated gauntlets with wings attached to them are awesome. Not really practical, but awesome. (I really need to lay off the soda pop...)

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I <3 Johto~

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i just caught groudon with a friend ball. Also HO-OH loves to over kill things

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Why would Albert Weaker want to inject himself with the G-Virus? It's all about ulterior motives... Zombies slaves... Regular 'need to feed' zombies or zombies that still have some intelligence left? Maybe an undead army to set loose upon an old hometown...or something... I just come up with crazy ideas. >>;

Zombie army! Take over the White House! Bwahaha! Obey Vaati - erm...your master Noctourne. Yes, Noctourne. >>; Now do your master's bidding and be a distraction whilst your master works on the bigger picture...

More like braindead puppets or hypnotized people in terms of behaviour. AND WE MUST ALL LOVE THE GREATNESS THAT IS VAATI.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

More like braindead puppets or hypnotized people in terms of behaviour. AND WE MUST ALL LOVE THE GREATNESS THAT IS VAATI.

Braindead meatpuppets... As slaves... Depends on the setting partially. Wait...did Space Channel 5 influence this? lol

"I will hypnotize you all so that Mr. Mumbo will gain majority vote! Then the bill for granting me that $56 million budget will pass and I can finally fund the project for Operation: Bring Back Space Channel 5!! It's genius!" lol

Yes! Another Vaati fan! XD Although...I like Minish Cap-manga Vaati a little more. Just for the plain facts that (1)
Spoiler
and (2) it gives room to mess with people in the Smash Bros. universe. (Wait, isn't he supposed to be evil? Then why is he tending to Peach's flower garden?) lol Oh...trying to capture his personality then is quite amusing yet difficult because of the recent influences of fleets from FF.net.

Thought: Brain's busted. Temporary creative slump. Not even the groove-tastic tunes of SC5 or "DKC2: Serious Monkey Business" can help.

On a happier note, spontaneous thoughts out of nowhere help greatly with fanfic outlines for chapters halfway thought out. Sheik is a great plot device. XP

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Braindead meatpuppets... As slaves... Depends on the setting partially. Wait...did Space Channel 5 influence this? lol

"I will hypnotize you all so that Mr. Mumbo will gain majority vote! Then the bill for granting me that $56 million budget will pass and I can finally fund the project for Operation: Bring Back Space Channel 5!! It's genius!" lol

Yes! Another Vaati fan! XD Although...I like Minish Cap-manga Vaati a little more. Just for the plain facts that (1)

Spoiler
and (2) it gives room to mess with people in the Smash Bros. universe. (Wait, isn't he supposed to be evil? Then why is he tending to Peach's flower garden?) lol Oh...trying to capture his personality then is quite amusing yet difficult because of the recent influences of fleets from FF.net.

Thought: Brain's busted. Temporary creative slump. Not even the groove-tastic tunes of SC5 or "DKC2: Serious Monkey Business" can help.

On a happier note, spontaneous thoughts out of nowhere help greatly with fanfic outlines for chapters halfway thought out. Sheik is a great plot device. XP

No SC5, just the old Bela Lugosi movie "White Zombie." That and Night of the Living Dead twice in a couple months = not good. :P

Vaati's hard to capture personality is his best trait, I think. It's better for writers, because you can really play with his mind, and reader like that. So have fun. :)

Random thought: Can Hammer possibly make a bad movie? So far it's all brilliant, and I just finished The Mummy. On to The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll! :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...Just realized how well everything is connecting in a fanfic outline. XP No such thing as randomness! Dude....it's freaking funny, almost as funny as Shadow going "Hey!" and my brain finally registering it AFTER I hit "Chu" in BotB. lol

As for Vaati, it's quite something to get inside his head. ...Still wondering that if after the events of Minish Cap if he completely sacrificed his old Hylian form. Kind of like how Ganondorf transforms but then can't transform back (
Spoiler
). Actually, going by
Spoiler
logic, Vaati might be able to regain his Hylian form...if he wanted to... But then again
Spoiler

But on another side, if one looks at Ocarina of Time one can see that
Spoiler

...I have way too many questions regarding game Vaati and manga Vaati.
Example of former: Can he somehow revert to a Hylian? What happened to make him go capturing young maidens after Minish Cap but before Four Swords?
Example of latter: Wouldn't Ezlo have
Spoiler
upon returning to the Minish world?
Spoiler

^^^ Result of caffeine running through my veins when re-learning about an old fandom.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Smashy:

Spoiler

But that's purely speculation.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Lately I'm finding it very hard to be inspired to be artistic, because of all the unnecessary frustration with this finding-a-house situation.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Smashy:

Spoiler

But that's purely speculation.

O_O I've never speculated on that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I still have a lot of questions on that former issue. And Vaati. Like why wasn't he a blabbermouth in Four Swords Adventure? "Gwoh hoh hoh! I will not gloat! EVER! Gwoh hoh hoh!"

Thought: Creating monsters (slightly personal ones) for a Silent Hill setting...is nerve wracking. So far I've got the Hugger and the Screamer. And the Doppelganger. That's by far the worst. *shudder* Ask a question and it has part of it's body transforms into something relating to you.

Examples (spoiler tags added just in case of a runaway imagination):
Spoiler
(Too many spoiler tags in this post. >_>)

Everything is currently referring to an OC in an outline. Trying to figure out if pointed ears could be used for the Doppelganger, but it needs symbolism/link to OC's life. Currently need a physical trait for obsession. Obsession to the point of deteriorating health. Eerie I know, but it's essential for character development.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
It is so hard to draw and be inspired by anything when this horrible thing called "Stress" is plaguing the heck out of you.

Anyway, my random thought--

Looking at Sonic the Hedgehog's abilities, he is able to surpass the speed of sound (for him that's between 765- 3,800 mph *impressed*) when he's running normally, hypothetically able to reach the speed of light in his pinball form, and possibly go faster when he's Super Sonic or in possession of a power ring (if you follow the SatAM canon). However, Justice League's Wally West (The Flash) has been said to be able to reach the speed of light (670 million mph :P ) at a regular basis (to the point of constantly having to "hold back" to keep from destroying things), moves fast enough to affect things at a molecular level, and reach even more impressive speeds when he uses the Speed Force.

With that in mind, if the Flash and Sonic were ever to have a straight up foot race with no special powers (Speed Force and Chaos/Power Ring Power) allowed, the Fastest Thing Alive might have to actually work just to tie with the Fastest Man Alive.

Yes, I do really think about stuff like that and this is all speculation that I'm still researching on, so my apologies if it sounds confusing.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
LOL Watching classic Doctor Who is Hilarious in all the obvious greenscreen effects and the way you can tell thet the tech crew really just has the monster on strings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users