Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Absolutely silly and I can't stop thinking about it. Found at the somethingawful forums...
Posted Image
Posted Image

The world as you know it has just imploded.

Also, my view of the world has imploded. Freaking weird feeling at the moment.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
We need a Zelda timeline theory thread. I'd make one if I wasn't so tired...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I've only played some of the Zelda games, but I'll try my hand at a theory to link the games...

So there were the the original two Zelda games on the NES. However after that, Link used the Triforce to create a quantum unbalances. Suddenly other timelines started to mutate across dimensions. Links started appearing all over the place, some of which just horrible gibbering masses of undifferentiated tissue (Un-DT Links... their games can be found on the CDI) others experienced bizarre cerebral deformities (Windwaker). Some Links fought in the past... some in the future... some traveled between dimensions, causing the Link of that world to blink out of existence. The multiverse was plunged into a deep level of chaos, Links fighting various incarnations of what was supposed to be a single battle. Nobody knew what has already transpired. Does Link need a hookshot? Didn't he get one in a previous game? Does that Link who did still exist or did he vanish as worlds burst apart and dimensions smashed together? Nobody could say.

All the games really take place at the same time, just across different dimensions. The damage to reality was permanent. In the end there was a world of Four Swords and four Links... they didn't know what they were doing, just emptily going through the motions of the "original" Link. There were no more heroes... only chaos.

So I expect Nintendo to hire me anytime.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Pfffft. XD And there's the other laugh factor for today. Thank you Nemoide.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I've only played some of the Zelda games, but I'll try my hand at a theory to link the games...

So there were the the original two Zelda games on the NES. However after that, Link used the Triforce to create a quantum unbalances. Suddenly other timelines started to mutate across dimensions. Links started appearing all over the place, some of which just horrible gibbering masses of undifferentiated tissue (Un-DT Links... their games can be found on the CDI) others experienced bizarre cerebral deformities (Windwaker). Some Links fought in the past... some in the future... some traveled between dimensions, causing the Link of that world to blink out of existence. The multiverse was plunged into a deep level of chaos, Links fighting various incarnations of what was supposed to be a single battle. Nobody knew what has already transpired. Does Link need a hookshot? Didn't he get one in a previous game? Does that Link who did still exist or did he vanish as worlds burst apart and dimensions smashed together? Nobody could say.

All the games really take place at the same time, just across different dimensions. The damage to reality was permanent. In the end there was a world of Four Swords and four Links... they didn't know what they were doing, just emptily going through the motions of the "original" Link. There were no more heroes... only chaos.

So I expect Nintendo to hire me anytime.

I know that's a joke, but it makes more sense than most timeline theories. :)

Random Thought: I wish I could timetravel back to New York in the 70s. Punk was at it's peak with the CBGB and whatnot, New Wave performace art was big in the East Village, what with Klaus Nomi and such, exploitation films were in their heyday along the Grindhouses of 42nd street, Rocky Horror was huge at the Waverly, and Michael O'Donaghue was alive and writing comedy.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Scott Pilgrim was awesome.
----------------------------------
Today I found out what my personality is based on Jung's theory. It's INTP. Pretty creepy how accurate the description was. I'm not too familiar with the test but if you'd like to take it here is the link: http://similarminds.com/jung.html

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Today I found out what my personality is based on Jung's theory. It's INTP. Pretty creepy how accurate the description was. I'm not too familiar with the test but if you'd like to take it here is the link: http://similarminds.com/jung.html

I'm supposedly INTJ:

Introverted (I) 51.16% Extroverted (E) 48.84%
Intuitive (N) 55.56% Sensing (S) 44.44%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 54.76% Perceiving (P) 45.24%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

While the word description isn't me exactly, The percentages are rather accurate.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I took the test too. I came up as INFJ.

Introverted (I) 73.08% Extroverted (E) 26.92%
Intuitive (N) 58.97% Sensing (S) 41.03%
Feeling (F) 55.88% Thinking (T) 44.12%
Judging (J) 59.46% Perceiving (P) 40.54%

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

That...is pretty dang accurate. Looking at the Jung type info page, it was amazing how many of those aspects were spot on.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
I've been having a fun time using the Internet Archive to visit a fairamount of websites I liked that all vanished around mid-2008. It's funny hearing people talk about how excited they are for the Revolution and it's "Revolution"ary new controller. Really, why did they take a cool, menaingful name like "Revolution" and call it "Wii"? :)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I've been having a fun time using the Internet Archive to visit a fairamount of websites I liked that all vanished around mid-2008. It's funny hearing people talk about how excited they are for the Revolution and it's "Revolution"ary new controller. Really, why did they take a cool, menaingful name like "Revolution" and call it "Wii"? :)

It's a bit creepy seeing people go back and forth over previous console launches. It's like they're the spirits of people trapped in an eternal loop that only allows them to witness the days before their favorite machines came out.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
"Dolphin is totally a great name for a console!" - Nintendo fans of the past

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
216 Hit. Venom. Take THAT Andross! (Although now his lackeys kick my rear in Expert mode.) Too bad the SF64 thread is old, dead, and not about to be resurrected.

Too. Many. Enemies...

"They're everywhere!"
"NO KIDDING!"
Thoom-crash
Boom!
"Nooooooooo!!!"

Repeat until X0 Arwings.

Then get caught "under" the temple.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Up almost all night, save for two hours sleep from midnight to two.
Something made a nasty skittering noise like a big fat cockroach, and I think that's got me in alert mode. Just crickets for now. Where did so many crickets come from?

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
There's something that's been bothering me and that's the "John Connor-thing" of the Terminator movies:

How in the heck does the guy even exist?! From what they've said, he sent his friend from the future to the past so that he could sire him and ensure his birth. I would type out my thoughts about the whole thing, but it doesn't even make sense to me. ^_^

I've also wondered which of these is stronger: a Maka/Shinigami Chop, a Falcon Punch, Chie's Galactic Punt, or Shinjiro's Headbutt.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Listening to DiGi's Themes to Dreams albums is inspiring me a bit to get working on my NiGHTS fan album again.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
On a whim (certainly not connected to a fanfic I've been putting off) I used the Jung Types from the aforementioned Jung personality test to try and categorize Kafei and Anju from LoZ: Majora's Mask. All I came up with was that Anju could be ISFP and Kafei could be ESFP.

I am weird, therefore I am.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
It's zombie ants http://www.aolnews.c...98309?icid=main

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
Sonic CD really had the coolest opening of any Sonic game.

And I prefer Sonic Boom to Toot Toot Sonic Warrior. I'm unsure if this is just because of nostalgia or not...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Claris-red Elliot-blue Mix the two colors together-NiGHTS-purple. Coincidence???

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
*headdesk* I really need to stop having so many fanfics that are WIP, outline or no outline. Then attracting attention to them. Oi...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Hrm.. Best Buy has ASR and Bayonetta on sale for $20 each.. hrm.. gah

Suda51's next game.. http://g4tv.com/thef...-Sine-Mora.html

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Hrm.. Best Buy has ASR and Bayonetta on sale for $20 each.. hrm.. gah

Sounds like a good time for me to mosey over to Best Buy.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Well it finally happened; Hot Topic has a Freakazoid shirt http://www.hottopic....hirt-261054.jsp

Damn, there's also the logo but they're out of sizes http://www.hottopic....-3XL-298713.jsp

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
I support Freakazoid shirts. *nod*

So I watched Ren and Stimpy for the first time yesterday. It was...an experience. I love every second of it! :D

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
Sometimes I feel a little guilty about my love for Freakazoid, knowing that he's largely a ripoff of Madman.
But I still love that show and would totally wear the logo shirt.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Eh, there are some similarities but not so many... Though some official acknowledgment of the inspiration still would have been a nice move.

I've been thinking about a logo shirt for years, now I see they actually made one.. I sent them an e-mail asking when they might stock more of the logo ones. Though I'd get the one with him on it too if it came down to it.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
Getting Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie *breathes* on sale = SUCCESS

Bayonetta was sold out though. :/ I shall hunt down another Best Buy tomorrow!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
I wonder if you get the Sonic hat on release date or if you're supposed to get it as soon as your preorder. If it's as soon as you preorder, I have some not so kind words to say towards a GameStop employee.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts

I wonder if you get the Sonic hat on release date or if you're supposed to get it as soon as your preorder. If it's as soon as you preorder, I have some not so kind words to say towards a GameStop employee.

I think it'll ship with the game, that's how these things usually work, right?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I think it'll ship with the game, that's how these things usually work, right?

Yes. Usually they give you the item with your game. In the case of the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver preorder, you had to get there and get your game before they ran out of figurines to hand out.
---

Random thought: VHS is so much better than DVD for watching horror movies. It's a fact.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
Imagination is ******* awesome!

Random thought: VHS is so much better than DVD for watching horror movies. It's a fact.

It is a fact.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Imagination is ******* awesome!

Yes it is. 8D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
It seems this is a prerendered movie, rather than a fangame, but still impressive.. Mushroom Hill '3D'

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

It seems this is a prerendered movie, rather than a fangame, but still impressive.. Mushroom Hill '3D'

I want that. :) It must have taken forver to make.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Hm.. so I guess this is a look at that new Super Sonic figure, along with a few others.. http://www.actionfig...nd-super-shadow

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Hm.. so I guess this is a look at that new Super Sonic figure, along with a few others.. http://www.actionfig...nd-super-shadow

Those Chaotix figues couples with Iizuka's comment in the other thread really makes me wonder if a Knuckles Chatoix 2 is in the works...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
I would really love to fly a fighter jet.

Is it wrong that I thought "The Thing" at the top of the page was a pile of dried excrement?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Stay Puft marshmallows! Real! http://gizmodo.com/5...dream-come-true

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

Stay Puft marshmallows! Real! http://gizmodo.com/5...dream-come-true

That is amazing. When I was little, my dad was convinced that it was a real brand of marshmallows; he was dead serious. Finally, he's right. :D

Also, I saw Dir en Grey and Apocalyptica live last night! It was amazing.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Dammit Sega keeps giving away Bayonetta on their Free Stuff Fridays. I wanna win so bad DX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users