Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS and Reala Voices

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Sure, but there could be a problem. This video is huge, as if you all couldn't tell, and if the download fails, I'll have to start all over. My connection is typically pretty stable and I can leave it on overnight and into tomorrow. It's at about 11MB now and still at 0%. Eep. Have to cut it down, me thinks.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Sure, but there could be a problem. This video is huge, as if you all couldn't tell, and if the download fails, I'll have to start all over. My connection is typically pretty stable and I can leave it on overnight and into tomorrow. It's at about 11MB now and still at 0%. Eep. Have to cut it down, me thinks.

You could cut the gameplay out, since we already have plenty Pure Valley gameplay vids on the net. XD

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

Ooo, yeah. D: It definitely looks to be a beast of a video... how fast is your connection? If it's DSL, I'm scared for how huge the file is.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
ewr v4w kt5n4yt43ib567!!

Reala sounds all sophisticated like!..

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Yeah, it's DSL, but it's not going at full capacity. Currently 46MB...still 0%. And I may split the scene from the gameplay, but send in at least some of the gameplay action since the video is really nice quality. I won't let you all down!

EDIT--Wait, I just checked the downloader and it said "0%-Can't resume", so maybe it isn't keeping track of just how big it is.

EDIT 2--It finished!!! I'll take a look at it now!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

Yeah, it's DSL, but it's not going at full capacity. Currently 46MB...still 0%. And I may split the scene from the gameplay, but send in at least some of the gameplay action since the video is really nice quality. I won't let you all down!

EDIT--Wait, I just checked the downloader and it said "0%-Can't resume", so maybe it isn't keeping track of just how big it is.

EDIT 2--It finished!!! I'll take a look at it now!

Woot! Thanks for doing this for us. I appreciate it. The streaming Flash lags like whoa, so it'll be nice to have a smooth copy of the scene.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Posted Image

O_O. I almost shat myself.

More images here

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
Yikes. o_o Heck of a nightmare. I'd be rightly freaked out - a 12 year old girl *cant* fare well after that.

...hum. What's this?

http://64.233.179.10...m...;hl=en&sa=G

It's got its own little HUD thing in the bottom right...

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
It's official: I hate the .flv format. <_<
VideoLAN does play the movie file, but if I hope to cut it down to remove the "we've already seen this" gameplay part, I'll have to convert it. Anyone recommend a program?

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

It's official: I hate the .flv format. <_<
VideoLAN does play the movie file, but if I hope to cut it down to remove the "we've already seen this" gameplay part, I'll have to convert it. Anyone recommend a program?

Riva FLV Encoder works well! You can encode into a bunch of formats, including .wmv and .avi, I believe.

Good luck!

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted Image

Looks like my mother. lol

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
One of those 2-player screens looks like it might be the Delight City stage.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Riva FLV Encoder works well! You can encode into a bunch of formats, including .wmv and .avi, I believe.

I actually tried that one, but it wouldn't load the video or convert it to anything. Maybe I'll give it another go.

And Jof, those images are great, but do they really have anything to do with this thread?

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

...hum. What's this?

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...;hl=en&sa=G

Looks like a slot machine to me. Sega loves those. XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

More images here

NiGHTS into Excorsism. Well alright <_<

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Anyone see this 2 player vid yet?: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28897.html
It's awesome to hear these tracks remixed.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

I actually tried that one, but it wouldn't load the video or convert it to anything. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Huh. Yeah, Riva can be finicky sometimes; it's pulled the "no conversion!" thing on me once or twice before. What's the URL you downloaded the original video from? My copy of Riva has been working lately, so I can give the conversion a try if I can get the .flv.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Actually, I just got a program that works. All I have to do is get the quality to stay somewhat intact. If I don't cut the video down any, it's sitting at about 40MB. Windows Movie Maker won't let me import .avi files, know anything about that? Or any good free movie editors?

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Anyone see this 2 player vid yet?: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28897.html" target="_blank">http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28897.html</a>
It's awesome to hear these tracks remixed.

ahahah yeah. i liked it, even though it sounds like a midi : Duu
NiGHTS and Reala play an extreme hot potato. lul c:

Also Helen't mother seems to need a very strong sedative.

seiya

seiya

The Japanese Connection

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Drawing: NiGHTS, Zelda, Pikachu, Original, and etc.<br />Reading: Harry Potter, Darren Shan, and etc.<br />Cooking: Mainly Japanese food.<br />Game: NiGHTS, Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic, and etc.<br />Music: Mainly J-Pop.<br />Movie: Harry Potter, Spider Man, Pixer, and etc.
Oh that video is the first mission of Will's first dream!!
And Reala and Wizeman are appearing to every dream so far.
Reala is very very amenable to his master.
Wizeman is very fearful...!!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
NiGHTS seems to have a shrilly Australian accent now. It's not bad but it could be executed just a little better. Same with William. I know not all British people sound like that. I'll just go with it. Reala and Mr. Owl have awesome voices though, especially Reala. The thing I like about Reala is he sounds so badass without going over the top with it. Most bad guys these days have gruff voices and they try really hard to be cool. Reala, on the other hand, has cool and calm demeanor and he still convinces me that he means business. Reala is going to be so awesome in this game, mask or no mask.

One thing that discourages me, and this a bit off-topic mind you, is the giant 4.7 somewhere half-way down the Gamespot page. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. If that's the reader average, I hope it isn't due to users not enjoying the game. The things I've read from Segata over at NeoGAF doesn't encourage me either.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
One thing that discourages me, and this a bit off-topic mind you, is the giant 4.7 somewhere half-way down the Gamespot page. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. If that's the reader average, I hope it isn't due to users not enjoying the game. The things I've read from Segata over at NeoGAF doesn't encourage me either.
[/quote]

Here's what I got from a translate site.

Guest score
(5 votes)

It's only 5 votes so that's probably why it comes off as a low score. People may have voted 8's or 7's.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I say all that matters is whether or not we like it.

I'm still trying to convert the video to a good quality, but I'm not going to bother cutting it down yet. Hey Digi or Trippy, do you accept split files? I don't think my email will let me send a 40MB file, so I could separate it into smaller archives.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Actually, I just got a program that works. All I have to do is get the quality to stay somewhat intact. If I don't cut the video down any, it's sitting at about 40MB. Windows Movie Maker won't let me import .avi files, know anything about that? Or any good free movie editors?

Unfortunately, I don't... it's really odd that WMM won't let you import .avi files. My version definitely does. Is your version the most up-to-date one? If not, maybe you can try downloading an update.

If that doesn't work, you could try Vitual Dub.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I'll look for an updated version of WMM first. If not, I'm really not in the mood to keep searching, so I may just send it in as is. My computer is being a pure monster tonight and I'm about to throw it out the window, I don't need to keep loading it up with more junk. You'll all get the video, don't worry.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
How are you guys downloading this? I'd really like to know. I couldn't find a link anywhere.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

How are you guys downloading this? I'd really like to know. I couldn't find a link anywhere.

I found a program that lets you rip stuff from sites. Didn't keep it, but I should have in case something better shows up somewhere. I think the program was called Orbit.

Edit--I don't know what the heck just happened, but now the video won't play in anything when just a few minutes ago it played just fine! ARGH! As if finals week isn't stressful enough! Sorry all, but I'm off to bed now. I'll dink around with this more tomorrow.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I found a program that lets you rip stuff from sites. Didn't keep it, but I should have in case something better shows up somewhere. I think the program was called Orbit.

Edit--I don't know what the heck just happened, but now the video won't play in anything when just a few minutes ago it played just fine! ARGH! As if finals week isn't stressful enough! Sorry all, but I'm off to bed now. I'll dink around with this more tomorrow.

Don't stress yourself out and goodnight. I found the program btw. Thank you.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
About the voices:
Pians- Cute but doesn't seem to fix exactly right to me. (They sounds a little robotic through my headphones so that may be the reason >.<)
Reala- I really didn't expect that type of voice but its something I possibly could handle through out the game.
NiGHTS- I truly think that the voice actress could have done better.
The balance of the voice she gave him leans more towards female than it does male when it should be more in between.
(I'm also going to say that her British sounded fake to me... then again I really don't have a say in that because I can't speak British. I believe she may be the correct voice for NiGHTS but she needs more training to be a better voice actor.)
Owl- ... I recognize this voice but I don't remember who it was... >_<

Edit:
Oh and is it me or does it seem that Reala's lips has gotten larger?
(Lips like that doesn't seem right on him...)

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I just finished watching the video.....*tries to catch her breath*......... O.O; WOW!!!!!

The Pians sound so ADORABLE!! *squeels* I wish I could just pull one through my monitor, so I can huge it to death!!.. They sound just like Chaos!! So CUTE!! >w<

Will and Owls voice suit them very well!!! ^.^ *giggles* NiGHTS kinda sounds like a young boy! But his voice suits him well too! ^_^

Reala's voice is not like I imagined..... it's..... EVEN BETTER!!!!! HEEEEEVE *breaths into a paper bag* ... HUBAMAREN!!!! He sounds so sophisticated.. a.... and Smexy!!! OwO OMIGOSH I'm so hyped right now, my words are all over the place!!! *Jumps around and breaks a Jak in the box* <.<... >.>... uh oh, Jackle is gonna kill me for this!!! >.<

.........AWESOME JOB SEGA!!!! ^o^

ViXEN

ViXEN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw,play video games and listen to music! This is my OC,Kei... Kei:*Waves* Hi! My fanmaren,ViXEN... ViXEN:Hi there!^^ and theres a whole bunch of em' I want to introduce...but I don't think I have enough space. XD<br /><br />My favorite games:NiGHTS,Devil May Cry 1-3,Psychonauts(PS2),Paper Mario:TTYD,Super Paper Mario,Golden Sun,Viewtiful Joe 1&amp;2,Kingdom Hearts 1,CoM and 2,Shadow of the Collossus,Crash Twinsanity/Tag Team Racing,Armored Core,Custom Robo(GC),Pokemon,Phantasy Star Online/Universe,Monster Hunter.

Posted Image

More images here

<__< >__> Am I the only one who thinks that image of Helen's mom looks like Glenn Close?

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
lol certainly the same hair style, only thing that's wrong would be the mouth

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
*finally notices the Helen pic above* O.O........ The Exorcist....

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Gawd, Helen's nightmare mother's scary. Oo; *hopes her own mother's not present for that scene should she ever get to play the game*

Anywhoos, I had a thought around Reala's voice last night (all my best observations and thoughts seem to take place when I'm supposed to be asleep...). Now, Reala doesn't sound quite as gruff as anyone expected, but he does not have that voice he had in the first game. That little mental tangent taken care of, there might be more behind the choosing of Reala's voice than just 'does it suit him?'. They have to take the situations he gets into into account and how appropriate the voice sounds for those - though a very serious opponent, he needs to be able to sound submissive enough around Wizeman that people don't think he's bursting to rebel or something (especially with what Wizeman probably does to him; I expect to see Reala thrown into a wall at least once), and a gruffer, less 'gay' voice wouldn't be able to pull that off quite so well.

Oh, adding a non-sequitor to that; Reala's voice actor is awesome, not just because of the way he sounds, but because of the way he pulls it off. I find him the most convincingly unforced character we've heard so far (aside from NiGHTS, but I actually haven't heard as much of him, so I can't really tell). I wouldn't be surprised if Reala's voice actor was a seasoned pro at this, but then, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he also voiced Owl. I almost thought Owl was still speaking the first time I heard Reala talk (until I actually noticed his mouth was moving), but that might've been because I was tired enough that their voices seemed to be the same at first, because I started telling the difference on the second viewing (I'm terrible, I know).

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Urgh, I can tell NiGHTS' voice is going to bug me a lot. The only thing worse than bad acting is a bad forced accent. "Let me goew!" Nobody pronounces "go" like that. Anywhere.

It's probably not as noticeable if you're not from England, but to me, it sounds terrible >:I

Reala's voice isn't bad, though. I was expecting him to sound like a creepy Disney villain and say "NYA HA HA!" after everything. This is much better.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition

Urgh, I can tell NiGHTS' voice is going to bug me a lot. The only thing worse than bad acting is a bad forced accent. "Let me goew!" Nobody pronounces "go" like that. Anywhere.

It's probably not as noticeable if you're not from England, but to me, it sounds terrible >:I

Reala's voice isn't bad, though. I was expecting him to sound like a creepy Disney villain and say "NYA HA HA!" after everything. This is much better.

The "nya ha ha" thing would've been awfully funny, though. XD But yes, I'm glad it didn't happen!

NiGHTS' pronunciation bugs me as well. I do hope his/her voice acting improves in that respect as we see and hear more of JoD.
Then again, we won't know until further footage shows up. Here's hoping for the best!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted Image

More images here

Holy crap that is awesome. Sonic Team putting some real nightmarish images this time around!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Reala's remixed theme music is amazing. I LOVE what they did with that song.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Posted Image

More images here

........ *shits*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Reala's remixed theme music is amazing. I LOVE what they did with that song.

w00t for subtle remixes. Although it does sound a bit more casual now. The 'hardcore-osity' of the [2 player battle] original was cool. You really felt an intensity. But I'm so glad they didn't touch the very start of his song, the DEDEDEDEDEDEDE.. you knows what I mean..

Hopefully his main battle music is still crazy action awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users