Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS and Reala Voices

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
GameSpot posted the intro scene to Pure Valley with Will. It actually has the whole level, but you can just watch the beginning part if you want. You can hear all of the voices quite well.

http://japan.gamespo...20363112,00.htm

I'm actually impressed, the animations are nice and NiGHTS' voice isn't as girly as I thought. Pian voice = adorable. Reala = Sweeeeeet! Though not what I expected.

EDIT: Changed some info.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Thankyou for the link .
O_O. *video is loading* This is going to be awhile.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Now I got something to watch before I get home, thanks!

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Yeah, I meant to point out that this video loads slower than NiGHTS on an emulator. Not that I know what that's like personally. I did check and it's not on the English site, so this will have to do.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Narf....Pretty cool....is it just me or does Nights and Reala sound so similar?.

Lol...The way Nights is being carried away makes me laugh for some reason. Har, looks at him struggle.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition

I'm actually impressed, the animations are nice and NiGHTS' voice isn't as girly as I thought. Pian voice = adorable. Reala = Sweeeeeet! Though not what I expected.

Dude I absolutely love Reala's voice. Wow. That actually fits him quite well! Not gruff like we feared, but quite sophisticated and confident. A lovely fit in my opinion.

The owl doesn't sound bad, either, which is a relief. The voice he has makes him much more likeable, and gives one an entirely new perspective to his personality. I wasn't a big fan of him before, but I'll admit I'm warming up to this new character.

I agree with Crazy, also-- the Nightopians sound adorable. XD Kind of like our beloved Chao, but with a unique sound of their own. Very cute.

NiGHTS sounds a tiny bit odd to me, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with his/her voice. I must admit I'd need to hear more game dialogue to form a solid opinion. We don't get much here. I am glad she/he doesn't sound girly, though. ^^; That's a relief.

I also adore the demented squeaks we get from Donbalon. XD Oh geez. Very awesome boss level, though.

On an unrelated note... that level is GORGEOUS. Oh my gosh.
And the music....! It blew me away!
Wow-- am I ever excited over the American release now!!

I for one am very happy with the voices so far... I hope everyone else is at least reasonably satisfied.

Waiting to hear Wizeman...! XD *likes that guy too much*

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
ewwgh that video just doesn't stop loading o_oUU 2 seconds and loading, 2 seconds and loading...
but from what i heard, the voices are greaaat *___* NiGHTS has a kid's voice, just as ia thought C: and the pians sounds like pokemons. lol i love them
...me doesn't like Reala. But his voice fits him :|u
And owl sounds like an old man lol

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Is this movie downloadable? ^^;

I'm lucky to have DSL-- the thing loads as soon as I click it; but I'm just curious if there's any way to get it off the site...

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
O______________________________O;

..... In my head... when I had it on what I call 'autopilot'... I've heard him laugh before (I'll explain why when I draw that picture)... That... sounds very similar... to how he speaks... ..... *brain snaps in half* Feel free to not believe me; I'm not even sure I'm remembering it quite right myself.

Now for the reaction. *silent fangirl scream of happieness* 8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! *happysplodes* This this this this this... He sounds so freaking SUAVE!!!!! Like a vampire!!! *runs around the house for several minutes before finally hitting the 'add reply' button*

EDIT: I can so see 'pimp Reala' talking right now, seducing women with his witty compliments. XDDDD

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Fwoah O_O The voices are like.... waaaaaaaaaay better than I was imagining. This is great!

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I'm very happy with the voice acting now. The one thing bothering me is that they might have pushed genders on NiGHTS and Reala a bit too much... the voices fit, but there's no way I can think of reala as being at all feminine now, and it's very difficult to think of NiGHTS as masculine... even just by posture and character motion the gender is pushed a bit much.

Other than that, I'd say it's spot on and very decently done voices as far as infliction and tone goes... nice acting work.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*hands a cookie to Sega*

Reala's Voice = Pure win. Not UBER-MAN as I thought. Really suave and 'more-nightmarish-than-thou'. XD

NiGHTS' Voice = I like it, though it sounds a bit too young for him. X3

Owl's Voice = "Stand back, lad!" Lad? Ok Owl, you're awesome. <3

Will's Voice = <3

'Pian Voices = KAWAIIIIII~

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Is this movie downloadable? ^^;

yeah, is it? c: it would be awesome if someone could download it and submit it to youtube so we can watch the video properly XDuuu

Also i've realised something...this is the same pure valley scene we saw in the Izuka playing JoD video isn't it? but in that video were a part when NiGHTS turn his/her back and says something, wich Reala answers...or something like that o:
They've cut that scene if i'm no wrong >_>~~

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Damn it. I promised myself I'd stay away from any and all spoilers, but..... this was just too tempting.... x_x

The voices are way better than I expected, actually. NiGHTS' voice is perfect, in my opinion... I don't think they're really 'forcing' a gender. I mean, I tend to think of NiGHTS as male, but even so he is very effeminate. So a feminine voice suits him.
And Reala.... is actually kind of badass now. Still laughably rediculous... but badass at the same time. wtf.

Also, the pians' "8)" faces scare me. :(

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

yeah, is it? c: it would be awesome if someone could download it and submit it to youtube so we can watch the video properly XDuuu

Also i've realised something...this is the same pure valley scene we saw in the Izuka playing JoD video isn't it? but in that video were a part when NiGHTS turn his/her back and says something, wich Reala answers...or something like that o:
They've cut that scene if i'm no wrong >_>~~

Yeah, I think they did that to avoid handing out potential spoilers to the english-speaking folk, and I much appreciate them for doing that (even though I'm a bit irritated at not knowing what he says).

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Reala has a very nice voice, not what I expected from what little we heard in that race video... It's still a bit weird to hear NiGHTS with a female voice, but it fits. William's is good, the pians are adorable and I think I've gotten fond of Owl XD

Overall I'm happy with the voices.

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Yeah, I think they did that to avoid handing out potential spoilers to the english-speaking folk, and I much appreciate them for doing that (even though I'm a bit irritated at not knowing what he says).

good point <:

now i've listened to NiGHTS's voice more times...i'm in love with it ;w; it's so calmy and good to hear C>
And Reala really sounds like a typical Disney's badguy. o:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
O_O .....the voice acting.... .is...is GOOD!

When the hell did that happen? XD
*moving topic to JoD news*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
*Holds up a beer in a toast to SEGA*

Here's to Sonic Team getting voice acting down for once! I was shocked to hear just how well it all works. NiGHTS' voice is going to take a bit of getting used to, but everyone else works perfectly. My impatience for the game has risen once more! JUST SIX MORE DAYS!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
IT'S SO SLOW!!!!!! I'll have to give my unimportant input a little later lol. It won't even get past the freakin Uncharted advertisement.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.
*spits coke all over computer screen* WHAT?! Six.....days? PLEASE be talking about Japan! If it's America....<gasp> O/////////O REALA. MYGOODNESSIJUSTHADAMAJORBURSTOFFANGIRLIWANTTOKILLSOMETHINGNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

~Reala is all time smexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~ :(

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Reala sounds cool, but also not suited to Reala. He sounds like some sophisticated gay British guy sitting on a cushy arm chair in front of a fireplace.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Wow. I think that NiGHTS' voice makes him sound kinda cool. He sort of sounds like a little boy, which is the perfect voice for someone like that. Will's voice is not what I expected, but is fitting, nonetheless. Reala's is the most well-done, though, as villain's voices do tend to be the best voices in any given game. Nonetheless, Reala just sounds perfect.

Now, if the writing was maybe done a bit better...though of course, you would have to be crazy to buy Journey of Dreams if you are looking for some really epic storyline and the acting budget of a movie.

Also, did you notice that the invisible flute that NiGHTS was playing was actually making sound? I know that is the whole point, but it still looks strange, anyway.

Realarox

Realarox

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:games, music, REALA, NiD, art, REALA, and...REALA.

Reala sounds like some sophisticated gay British guy

O.o? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Reala's voice is a little bit better to listen to than NiGHTS...but its still just too American villan sounding. Why do I hate my own language when it voice acts so much? T_T

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Reala sounds cool, but also not suited to Reala. He sounds like some sophisticated gay British guy sitting on a cushy arm chair in front of a fireplace.

Har. His voice was not as I expected. Buuuut, I think it sound better than the hypothesis forum. I thought it was going to be scarey deep O_O. I quite like it :(

Will doesnt sound as squeeky as I thought he would and yay Mr. Owl! 8D He sounds smart and stuff. Nights voice, im liking it. sounds a lil bit weird though, like its computerized or something. I
Im glad the Nightopians sound like chao, I love their voices. I can see myself playing the My dream world, going "awwwwwe" and "koochie kooing" the screen

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Okay... I kinda agree with you; I can see him trying to have tea with Jackle... who'd be too busy throwing butter and jam all over the place. ^^; I still think it suits him, though - always thought of him as a bit of a knight... serving the wrong king... I'd always thought his loyalty meter was waaaaay up there. ..... Actually, to be honest, I thought he was a run-of-the-mill badguy at the very first, but I very quickly threw that thought out the window when I learned more. ..... And I'm not sure what gave me the impression he was even like that; maybe others' opinions rubbed off on me. *is tired and going on a mental tangent* Gawd, why'm I so tired??? --; I hope I'm not getting sick, but regardless, this is awesomeness and I'm hyper-excitedly waiting for TRiPPY's opinion. ^-^

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
If they wanted NiGHTS to sound british, why didn't they hire a british voice actor? That accent sounds way to forced. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it just sounds so weird.
Reala on the other hand doesn't sound TOO bad.
I'm loving those Pians too.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
My boyfriend just heard Reala's voice over the phone.

"He sounds like one of those old cartoon American villians. I can picture him with one of those long mustaches!" Says my bf. Reala with a mustache...hmmmmmmm.

The pians sound so cute!

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I do wish that NiGHTS did not sound so British, but maybe he only has that accent because Will is British. Though, NiGHTS sounds far more British than Will does. I really do not care too much. At least it totally demolishes other Sonic Team voice efforts in the past. Like, say, nearly every Sonic game that has voice.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
I thought the nightopians sounded like teletubbies at first *shudders* while NiGHTS is standing there like he's superman or something. Reala sounds less like knuckles then i thought. I'm actually starting to like William. he's very expressive and his voice is cute

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I do wish that NiGHTS did not sound so British, but maybe he only has that accent because Will is British. Though, NiGHTS sounds far more British than Will does. I really do not care too much. At least it totally demolishes other Sonic Team voice efforts in the past. Like, say, nearly every Sonic game that has voice.

Actually I think Eggman's English voice was pretty good. (The one in the Adventure series and such. Not 4Kids). But he is not around anymore. Isnt' that ironic? The only English voice actor for a Sonic character that I actually liked, and he is gone now....

I will admit...its better voice acting. I am just having trouble with the voices since its nothing like what I had imagine over the past 11 years. It just bothers me...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
FINALLY I GOT TO WATCH IT GOOOOOD THAT TOOK FOREVER!!

Anyway I expected to laugh at something corny or bad voice acting but I must say that this is amazingly well done. Even the graphics look awesome. Good work SEGA. See what happens when you delay stuff lol

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
To be perfectly honest.. Reala's voice threw me off. Alot. It's nod bad, per se, it's jus tnot how I imagined it would be. None the less, niether was NiGHTS', so I'll grow used to it like I did with his.

I really like the Owl <_<

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.

Yeah it's a bit too deep for Reala imo. His voice actor in the first game sounded a lot younger I think.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I've been trying to find a way to download/rip it from the site, but to no avail. But I shall not be defeated that easily!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

Fwoah O_O The voices are like.... waaaaaaaaaay better than I was imagining. This is great!

Yeah... wow, I was actually impressed by Reala's voice. I was expecting it to be excruciatingly painful, but it was decent. Not the voice I always associated with Reala (I prefer his original, higher-pitched echoey voice), but okay nonetheless.

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
Holy crap in a bucket! O___O

Reala sounds... Just OMG wtf! XD;

*taps foot* Hearing the clip really erm... is interesting. I can hear the slight english accent in NiGHTS' voice now, but HOMG Reala XD! I had to pause the thing five times cause I just burst out laughing. I can't take him seriously XD But all in all, I like them.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
BOOM! I'm downloading it as we speak. It's saving as a .flv, which is what sites like youtube use, but I can try to convert it. I'll send it in as soon as I can!

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

BOOM! I'm downloading it as we speak. It's saving as a .flv, which is what sites like youtube use, but I can try to convert it. I'll send it in as soon as I can!

Ooh! If you have trouble converting the .flv, send it to me in .flv format and I can convert it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users