Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
There's also the exclusive gameplay video footage as well, btw.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Link for great justice: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16076

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16079

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Why in God's name is there an age-barrier on this thing??? Oo' *is nineteen*

Har, I forgot how old I was for a second XD (am 21...i think) O_O.....no, 20. Im sure ^^

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
20 mins before I get to watch this comfortably. I hate you GameVideos.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
OMG! The poor pians keep getting run over by the boat and the explode into yellow dust! O_O

Its even called 'Boat NiGHTS'......

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Okay, nevermind about my question, I understand why now. ^-^'

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Lol @ boat NiGHTS XD. Lets ride NiGHTS. hah.

Edit: Boat NiGHTS has hands still,

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

'cause it means 'gay' in English slang. ...lol XD;; OH WELL!!!

wait, so we can write "gay" but not "&^%$"? That doesnt make sense.

Anyway, Im loading the 1up show right now and its stuttering along as usual. God I hate gamevideos.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Well that second video was hardly worth my time downloading. It was full of re-used interview footage and a couple of guys talking everynow and then about nothing intresting. The only new thing was a minute of NiGHTS boating it down Alps Chase with Will on back.

Posted Image

Think the bobsleigh in Frozen Bell, c'ept with a raft instead. Also, it looks like it controls just as bad ._.

EDiT : Wait, looking at that screen.. the counter at the bottom. NiGHTS is supposed to grab the Pians ?
Yep, definately. The counter increases. I take it NiGHTS is.. saving the Pians or something.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Now that you mention it, yeah, it seems that NiGHTS and Will are saving a bunch of Pians from drowning. ..... SUMO NiGHTS!!! XDDDD *shot*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
That would explain why they are sounding happy and not screaming to death. Ok, now it makes sense. Kinda strange though, but ok...

Yeah that video was pretty bad. Only the bob sled part was good. I also found this line kinda interesting:

I hope that the game does well enough for them to conjure up a sequel in the next 3 years or something. I mean they have no problem 'beating' (?) Soinc to death you know. There's plenty of Sonic games on the horizon so hopefully they can invest a little time into making more NiGHTS games you know.

I am not sure whether to agree with them or not on that one. But oh well. Yeah as soon as you guys see the river rafting then turn it off. Its not worth watching. Unelss you guys are downloading it...O.O I am just watching it buffer and stuff. I don't have the room to save all this.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16075

They just updated with a video of Helens platforming. Stupidly titled "Claris Gameplay"

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Right. Because we can't see none of this sh!t on our screen, can someone link us to the video that is worth downloading? I don't wanna spend ages downloading a video that we've already seen half the footage of already That would be great, cheers.

--EDiT--
Claris gameplay? Not quite, sonny jim.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16075

They just updated with a video of Helens platforming. Stupidly titled "Claris Gameplay"

Am I the only one getting the feeling that these guys have only started playing the game two weeks ago or something? :/

Digi, do not watch the "NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, '1 Up Exclusive.' Only thing new in there is boat NiGHTS. Thats it...

I am still trying to watch the show 1Up show. Don't know how thats going to be. http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16079

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
That 1Up show is masssiiiive. Im leaving that download for after I download the "Claris gamplay". For some reason, my connection speed sank from 250kb/s to 12.5kb/s - _ -

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I watched the 1Up show before I watched the Exclusive, and when I started watching the Exclusive I stopped because it seemed to be pretty much the same thing NiGHTS-content-wise. XPPP

The boat-thing looks very fun, very much like Shenkuu River Rush on Neopets (to me). ..... Gawd, I wish I had more than a slight chance at ever playing this. XPPP

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Boat game play ^^
http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16075

you prolly seen it already by now.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Woah...the 1up show is 30+ minutes long. That's gonna screw TRiPPY's computer from all angles if i download that suckah! T_T

...guess i'll make do with the 'Helen' video then. If someone can be a darling and trim the boating section out, then chuck it on youtube that would also be rather nice. Lol. Kichigai and TRiPPY had a joke about NiGHTS being a boat once. TRiPPY needs to find that picture of it, lol.

It's a shame, ya know. I contacted this James dude to say 'thank you' for promoting NiGHTS as much as they're doing because, let's be honest, NiGHTS doesn't get this kinda attention on big sites as much. So, i contacted him to say 'thanks' for what he's doing but it seems they continously make mistakes in references to NiGHTS and his two games. I wonder just how much he actualy knows about the original game then.
I mean, reading the article the other day, they said Jackle was as important as Reala and NiGHTS.
Erm.... since when? Jackle was 2nd Level Maren. NiGHTS and Reala were in a league of their own.
Anyways, shame. They should have done their homework on some parts. Oh well.

--edit--
Cheers for the link to the boat video, KittyWhiggles.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Yeah it probablay will...also don't download it till last. It seems they review Call of Duty 4 before they even get into NiGHTS. Darn....

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw the thing about Jackle. Jackle is lots of love and all, but yoru right, he isn't as important. I was even more disturbed when they asked if Reala was going to be in the game. Please tell me they did this interview before they took the screenshots. >.<

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well, most of the fanbase seems to indirectly infer that Jackle's on the same level as NiGHTS and Reala, or at least that's the feeling one who's new to the fandom gets (like I thought at first; I thought all the bosses were on the same level, but this was also way back when I didn't realize NiGHTS was a Nightmaren himself). His design doesn't help that much, though, since he's so similar to NiGHTS and Reala (barring the fact his body's invisible and his hat-points curve forwards rather than backwards). Either way, I agree that they should've done more research.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I just watched the Helen video. Nothing really much to see. Just Helen running around this one area, using Boats to travel down levels and gathering and throwing blue chips. Music has a darker feel to the usual happy song on that stage, I suppose its suited to the cave.

Although, I must say, the gameplay looks like it will be pretty damn boring =/. Looks pretty glitchy on the whole, and too slow paced.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Apparently, the interview was done a few days ago... if i'm not mistaken. But Reala has been shown online for months now. 1up themselves reported on Reala being in the game because they mention him in the two player section so 1up had a 'DUuuUUH!' moment, i'm guessing. Either that or he just played dumb to see what other bosses Iizuka could tell us about.

Also.... i didn't think i'd say this but looking at that 'boat NiGHTS' screenshot, i don't mind it. I think it looks kinda cute in a way. ^_^;;;;;;
...i know, i know. I'm gonna change my mind once i've seen the video running, ain't i? XD

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
the 1up segment is ridiculously short and flanked by two boring FPS games.
Unless you like those sort of games, dont bother with this edition of 1up. the boat segment is too short to even be worth watching.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oki doki. Well, i'm up to 46% on the downloads so i may as well just see them anyway.

....has anyone emailed those guys and told them to change the video title? Helen doesn't even look anything like Claris. ._.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
After watching the extended boating video, I've become a little more positive with it. Assuming the people controlling it are just sh!t, it should be moderately fun.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Oki doki. Well, i'm up to 46% on the downloads so i may as well just see them anyway.

....has anyone emailed those guys and told them to change the video title? Helen doesn't even look anything like Claris. ._.

theyre too busy fellating crysis ^_^

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
The boat part looks surprisingly fun and the water effects are nice too. The only problem is the rocks don't seem to make a sound when you crash into them. It's kinda weird but nothing major.

EDIT: Never mind. It was just the first rock.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just watched Helen run about for 2 minutes. ....... ooooh boy. Iizuka. What are you doing, blud? ^_^

Oh well. At least the flying stages still looking fantastic.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16074 here is just the 10 minute NiGHTS section of the 1UP show for easy conversion to youtube.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Yeah, the Helen part looks rather unwieldly. It started to look really awkward when Helen was standing on the water stream and she just went all over the place. I hope nobody outside this forum sees that. Polish, polish, polish! I really hope those platforming sequences are not too frequent.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. I just watched the boat stage, too.

And, you know what? ...I don't think it looks too bad. I think with a bit of time, it will just be another part of the game and not an interuption to the flying. Helen's clip still looks bad and i was expecting to hate the boat section more....but it's alright. ^_^

And, lol. The Pians seem to have their own language, which is good. I don't think they would look as cute if they spoke in English accents, too.

As for the 'Claris' title ... guess i'll contact the twit, then.

--EDiT--
Ok. I've contacted them, telling them they need to change the title of that video. The rest is up to them.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
also, the "platforming" in NiGHTS 1 was absolutely atrocious. I think as bad as Helens part is, its still better than when the kids walked around in the original. That part was so horrific it was actually an incentive to finish the levels in time.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
But at least in the original, the platforming section was only really there if you ran out of time with NiGHTS. So you played the game and did your best to finish the laps within the time limit so you didn't turn back into one of the kids. In this new game you HAVE to do the platforming sections. And that might put people off. This video didn't do it much justice, either.

All in all, i think the ending for the NiGHTS coverage week at 1Up.com was a tad bit anticlimatic. I was kinda hoping they would have shown us another one of the later levels but, oh well. What can ya do, eh?

Buuut if everything goes smoothly in Amsterdam next week, i think me, TRiPPY and those NiD NiNJA'S are gonna have some pretty interesting coverage of our own. So, let's hope Sega Europe got a lot to show us. And if they don't then dammit i'm gonna find some brand new news to give you all.
We already have some as we've hinted at....but we wanna keep that until we know a little more about it.
So. Next Week! Bring it!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
goddamn f*** I WANT THIS GAME ;_;

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Language, language!

But yeah, this concludes 1UP week. We got screenshots of My Dream and the two-player mode, five stunning gameplay videos, a nice retrospect, an interview with Iizuka, as well as the possibility of NiGHTS DS and a soundtrack for the new game, and... er... videos of Boat NiGHTS and Helen. We still have much to see, but thankfully we can wait until Sunday (or Monday) and see what shall be of TRiPPY and co.'s visit to SEGA Europe to play the NiGHTS game. I know I look forward to it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, wait until Wednesday because we'll be traveling back on Tuesday. XD;;

But, yes. Gotta give credit where credit is due. 1Up.com did give us insight into some nice stuff and the NiGHTS promoting is always a good thing, so cheers to them for this past week...even if they ballsed it up on a few occassions. ^^

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Yaaaaay! I watched this and I got gluuuueeeed!! I'm really happy NiGHTS is finally getting hype these days. And as for the Boat NiGHTS....I LOVE IT!! Those Pians are soooo cuuuuuuute I love how they sound! But the Helen gameplay gets me confused, but give the people a break. SEGA's been focusing SO MUCH on the flight that they probebly haven't been putting nearly as much work in the kids' gameplay. They'll probably fix that up soon, resulting in another delay...but to me as long at the kids don't go left when I say up and they stay one kid at a time I'm good.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The game won't be getting delayed again. The fact the release is now December 18th shows that Sega are desperate to release this into the holiday rush, even if the game is unfinished on a technical level and/or in terms of gloss. Helen's stages look wrong in many different areas, and it's a shame because I don't mind the idea of platforming sections per se. To begin with, Helen's character animation looks really bad, the way she moves looks plain wrong and awkward. Then there's the controls, which although seem somewhat better in this clip than in others, are still unpolished and Helen can be seen to jerk suddenly left or right on many occasions. The lack of water interaction is my favourite though, no ripples or splash or anything when she falls into it or moves in it. Hell, there's not even a slight splash SFX to indicate its water. This game need a polish for at least another month I think, and unfortunately they don't have the time anymore as the game will have to go gold in the next week or so if it's to make the shelves for its release date. Trippy and Digi, you should make representations about the release when you head over to Sega next week, even though it won't achieve anything, because at the very least we'll get to hear what is said about the matter, especially if 'off the record'. ^_^

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Trippy and Digi, you should make representations about the release when you head over to Sega next week, even though it won't achieve anything, because at the very least we'll get to hear what is said about the matter, especially if 'off the record'. ^_^

I completely agree. A delay would be all this game needs, and everyone who sees it says so... but unfortunately I don't think we'll get one. It's completely stupid and I bet they'll shoot themselves in the foot (AGAIN, do they ever learn?), but there's nothing we can do about it.

I would really like to hear what the dev team has to say about it... honestly, we've been waiting 11 years, and just a few months more would make such a difference... and there's NO reason to rush it just to get the Christmas rush, everyone's focusing on Mario Galaxy...

._. I'm making myself depressed.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
DEAR LORD!!! I'M SUPER LATE!!! O.O *runs off to watch new vids*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users