Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Mweeeeeheehee... NiGHTS flies pwetty... X333

I wonder how many people will get motion sickness from this game...

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I wonder how many people will get motion sickness from this game...

I'm more concerned about people getting bishi-overdose... X333 *continues giggling insanely*

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Omg, the interviews with Mr. Iizuka-san, both Part 1 and 2 were AWESOME!! ^.^ I especially like when they showed more of the opening, and the fmv with William and NiGHTS! OwO LOVES IT!!!!
Now about the internal clock situation, I guess this means no Christmas NiGHTS? *cries* awww!!!! And, if they're using the Wii's forcast channel, I hope they fixed up the weather effects in the game.

When the 1UP guy asked about the returning bosses, I noticed Mr. Iizuka-san only mention Wizeman. Even though 4 other bosses besides Wizeman have been revealed already. But I think the 1UP guy (Mr. Mielke) asked about Reala on purpose just to see how Mr Iizuka-san would reply. Hmmmmm *scratches head*......Anyway on to the DS situation, I hope they consider it!

I would love to play NiGHTS while travaling! ^w^

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! >:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?

I hear ya, Jof- My work connection is maddeningly slow, especially at GameVideos.. takes practically half an hour to load 5 or six minutes of video much of the time

THAT fast ? o.o

Last night mine took about an hour to load... I don't know... 30 SECONDS OF VIDEO ?! D:

I'm not watching that interview in the nearest future. ;__;

Go_Dreamer, WHERE ARE YOU WITH YOUR POWERS OF THE YOUTUBE ?! D:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yet to see video but NiGHTS on DS, no. Just no. I don't think it's a game for that type of console, personaly.

As for all the other points there, Jof.... some of that stuff worries me a tad.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

THAT fast ? o.o

Last night mine took about an hour to load... I don't know... 30 SECONDS OF VIDEO ?! D:

I'm not watching that interview in the nearest future. ;__;

Go_Dreamer, WHERE ARE YOU WITH YOUR POWERS OF THE YOUTUBE ?! D:

Are you guys still on 56k or something? o_o

I'll see what I can do about youtube....

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
ooooo, pretty flying OwO, im kinda dizzy. That was beautiful.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! >:D (Pretend you care)

Are you guys still on 56k or something? o_o

I'll see what I can do about youtube....

Actually I'm not downloading them, I'm waiting for it to download in the actuall website. Maybe I should actually download it... o.o

Oh God. 5 hours for the download.

I was gonna tell ya not to bother, but maybe I'll accept the help... @.@'

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I'll youtube them if you want.

Also.

They have a transcript up, with additonal questions not featured in the video. Reading now.

<a href="http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164230" target="_blank">http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164230</a>

EDiT: Nothing more of much intrest, to me at least, except that he'd like to release a Soundtrack, so that's something they're preparing for.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
OK, uploading them now... may take a while though ^^' I'll post links when they're done.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! &gt;:D (Pretend you care)

I'll youtube them if you want.

Also.

They have a transcript up, with additonal questions not featured in the video. Reading now.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164230

Oh, if I have the interview written, them you don't need to bother. I can always read it.

Thank you both anyways. :3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
After reading that interview i can honestly smile and say Iizuka-san is telling porkies somewhere in that interview. Buuuut it ain't my place to say anything...yet. >XD

Cheers, Jof. :P

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Thanks alot Apti, the "Games Video" website is kinda slow with loading the vids! And I'ma still gonna upload the Interviews to Youtube so everyone can enjoy them! The more the merrier! ^_^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
When I first heard about the DS coming out, I thought it would be the perfect system for a NiGHTS game. However my boyfriend shook his head and said that would make the game to simple and not fun at all. It just wouldn't seem right. Maybe he is right..... Now that I think about it, there would be a lot of problems....

*Goes to read the interview now.*

--Edit--

Is it true that NiGHTS was really your baby?

LOL I have been using that term with them for quite awhile now. I wasn't expecting the people here to say it like that. XD

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
:P Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (^_^ Go Dreamer @ Nov 8 2007, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks alot Apti, the "Games Video" website is kinda slow with loading the vids! And I'ma still gonna upload the Interviews to Youtube so everyone can enjoy them! The more the merrier! ^_^[/quote]
NP, someone's gotta do it ^^ And while I'm at it I'll upload those new gameplay videos too...

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

When I first heard about the DS coming out, I thought it would be the perfect system for a NiGHTS game. However my boyfriend shook his head and said that would make the game to simple and not fun at all. It just wouldn't seem right. Maybe he is right..... Now that I think about it, there would be a lot of problems....

I think that maybe NiGHTS in the DS wouldn't be much of a bad idea... IF it were only a mere a mini game (I wanted to use another word, but my mind seems to have blocked... @.@), like the one they seem to have in the PSO. Nothing much, just a small game where you lead NiGHTS trought the loops and beat scores.

Now, if you're thinking on an actuall game with bosses and everything, then I agree, it's not a good idea. Beating a boss using a stick to control NiGHTS doesn't seem that fun. -.-

GoldDreams

GoldDreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:SEGA and Nintendo
The interviews from the past two days have been very educational. I especially loved the details and hints from the JoD interview today. I can't wait to hear more in regards to the soundtrack. Since that was confirmed. Reading all this information has me wanting to break out the ol' Saturn and have a go at the original. Yet I'm already hyped enough as it is. Doing so might only make it worse.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

The Nightmare world was created by Wizeman from the original game, and Wizeman will definitely make an appearance, along with other things that we can't reveal yet.

..... *can't wait to find out who/what comes back and crosses fingers in the hope that one of them's Jackle* Don't know what they'd do with his design, but I wants a chance to 'meet' him.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
here's the 1st part: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gaZ8vGgnmI

edit: here's the 2nd:

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
It seems to me this year as usual only Sega and Nintendo know how to bring the magic back to videogames (NiGHTS2 and Mario Galaxy) but I dont recall ever being this excited for two videogames in my life.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Plus theres some neat remix of Spring Valley's Paternal Horn playing in the back of the interview in Video 2.

Possible ingame music ?

*belated*

sounds like they just slowed the tempo of the original to me.. same for 'Message from Nightopia'..

unrelated.. I love how NiGHTS wants the high five.. glowing.. high five.. merge..something.. and Will's like.. golly,..

instrumental Dreams Dreams is awesome, love to hear the whole track

I also am trying to mentally urge the person demo-ing the gameplay to use the drill dash.. but it keeps not working

Let's see some acrobatics in further JoD gameplay videos..

Not everyone who bought NiGHTS got to play X-Mas NiGHTS, Iizuka-san.. :(

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I don't know, the music sounded like a new mix to me! This is getting better and better! TRiPPY will flip out if she hasn't already when she sees FMV with Pians!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Downloading interview now :(

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Don't worry about acrobatics, if i get to record on monday I'm going to really test this badboy out! AND USE DRILLDASH :|

Instrumental DREAMS DREAMS is beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes to be honest. I'm so glad there's more orchestra stuff in this game because i am such a ladytramp for classical. Beautiful beautful.

ALSO- the new bits of the FMV made us both squeal like children. OMGGGGGGGGG XD They have captured him perfectly in such a correctly fluid manner. I was worried in the beggining that anyone making NiGHTS fmv for the new game would end up making him move like a constipated tank. Thank god for people who pay attention to detail. FMV is my sparkleflakes in any game, and the fact this is a NiGHTS game is like 9th heaven for me!

And yes Iizuka is telling porkies about something. You'll find out what on Wednesday orrr possibly sooner, depending on how much i want to spread the news and not be turfed from Sega HQ.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Apti, thank you for those videos! The pians are so adorable...

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
OMG. OMG. OMG.

I have never gleeded like this. Never ever before. Never before when i saw the second part of the Thursday's Iizuka intreview.
Omigosh...I am really starting to fell in love with this game, this game has something special in it, is surely something purely awesome and amazing, i won't be wandering it be one of my favourite games!<33

Oh,and the Tuesday update pic of NiGHTS winking is soooo adorable!~~

Big thanks for uploading the videos, Apti!^_^

animejosse,have to agree with you,i think the Pians are really sweet! :]

*Sit back and tryes to calm down for the nex update*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Those Pians were so obviously bad-mouthing Helen in that video. Look at their eyeeeees!! XD

Anyways, today will show us the amazing water-rafting sections. Hold on to your hats, NiGHTS fans. 1UP have saved the best for last :) ........... >.>

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
XD Do i sense sarcasm?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, babes. I'm beefin' it. XD

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Has anyone else noticed that in the FMVs between NiGHTS and Will, and NiGHTS and Helen that NiGHTS has tried to paraloop them both? XD In the bit with Will, I was half-expecting to see a big swirl around him and then '&^%$!', no more Will. =P

*squees and waits for final update owo*

EDiT: Why is p-o-o-f blocked out? o.O'

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
'cause it means 'gay' in English slang. ...lol XD;; OH WELL!!!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'M A PO-OF!!! :) ((I thought it was a.. hoo-hah... lol)) *Runs away screaming on-topic*

THESE UPDATES ARE NIIIICE! *vanishes*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Speaking of updates, I wonder when 1UP is going to update with the "water rafting" footage. That might be exciting... exciting enough for 1UP to take this long. I will be super serial for the last time and then I will stop.

EDIT: C'mon 1UP. I posted at 12:23 this time and they still have not updated. Oh well. I guess the 12:23 spell was a dub after all.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
You would think that the updates to the 1UP stories would happen sometime around the middle of the night when all the kiddies are asleep, eh Mach?

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
It depends where you are in the world. It's afternoon where I am. That's usually when 1UP updates. Roughly around this time. Maybe they're updating right now.

*Quickly heads to 1UP*

EDIT: Keep in mind that today's update is going to be on the 1UP Show, so keep checking there.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
Are you somewhere on the east coast? I'm in PA so it's about 12:37pm here and I haven't seen any updates to 1UP yet today....

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

here's the 1st part: <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gaZ8vGgnmI" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gaZ8vGgnmI</a>

edit: here's the 2nd: <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9oOG7ieCWc" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9oOG7ieCWc</a>

Thankyooooou ^o^

I keep starring at the beginnings of the vids. They make me full of happy and squee. XD
Those adorable pians were soo talking about Helen.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Speaking of updates, I wonder when 1UP is going to update with the "water rafting" footage. That might be exciting... exciting enough for 1UP to take this long. I will be super serial for the last time and then I will stop.

EDIT: C'mon 1UP. I posted at 12:23 this time and they still have not updated. Oh well. I guess the 12:23 spell was a dub after all.

YOU'VE LET US DOWN. AGAIN. D:<

I only recently found out that they were gonna show that footage in tonights update. Damn, I need to start reading the small lines or pay more attention. Or both, since the first leads to the second... Like anyone cares.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
1UP just updated with the latest episode of the 1UP Show featuring NiGHTS. I am downloading it from GameVideos right now.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Why in God's name is there an age-barrier on this thing??? Oo' *is nineteen*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users