Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.
Still can't get my comp to let me watch the vids... <_<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Posted Image

BoatNiGHTS LIVES >O< Kichi knows so!

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! XDDD

That is a fantastic pic. LOVE the expressions! <_<

Sorry, just HAD to voice my opinion on that one... now I forget what I was going to post...

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I don't mind the boat level - I think I'll even like it when I get to play it - but Helen's level looks awkward as hell. Sure, some if it could be chalked up to the player not knowing what he/she was doing, but still... awkward. I agree that another delay would've been good, but I doubt that'll happen :/

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
The textures are so blurry and flaaaaaaaaaat.

GIVE ME SOME REALISTIC GRASS PLZ.

That is all.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well..... i can't go in there and straight up say "look. this game needs a delay because some sections play crap" because i WILL get turfed and then that will achieve nothing. I'm not a games tester, i'm acting as a journalist.

....buuut, that being said, this may be the closest i ever get to trying to make a difference in the outcome of this game.
So, here's the deal. This is what i'm about to do.
I'm going to go there with TRiPPY and the NiNJA'S. We'll sit down, play the game as thoroughly as we can and test out these platform levels for ourselves.
See how many of these platform sections there is. If we all feel that these area's of the game really do drag the title down then we will voice our concerns.
But, just because we say that the game seems unfinished doesn't mean it will amount to anything. I'll probably just get given dirty looks by the PRs as i leave the office. Muuur. Things i do for this fanbase.

Why does it suddenly feel like a 'business trip to play JoD' has just become a 'stormraid on Sega'?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted Image

Oh dear god, I already saw this and didn't realize why it was in the NiGHTS fanart section until now. XDDDDD

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Hahahahaaa!!! I'm loving that picture!!! ^o^ Hehe look at the expression on eveyones face especially the guy in the back, Hilaaarious!!!

But I do agree! The stage with Helen looks......... Well kinda dull and boring! I'm starting to wish SEGA would delay it at least a month longer so they can fix stuff up and make it shiny! The 'Dream Garden' and 'Helen stage' need it, BAD!!

Now about 'Boat NiGHTS' I'm LOVING IT!! I was wondering what was screaming, then I realized it was the Pians! ^o^

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

The textures are so blurry and flaaaaaaaaaat.

GIVE ME SOME REALISTIC GRASS PLZ.

That is all.

They can do better, that is true, but the only place that really needs a graphic update is the 'My Dream' area. That place just....ugh. But really I don't care about how realistic it looks. I mean, I had a dream once where the grass looked like chalk. Maybe they are going for that similar effect and don't want everything too real. Or they are just using it as an excuse to rush it...not sure whihc. I just want the game to PLAY well!

The platform level doesn't look fun, but that is probably because the person playing the game wasn't even bothering to attack the nightmarens half the time. In fact the person was just running around and trying to see what the level looked like it seems. It might actually be a little better. But it is kinda slow....and just not right for the game. Kinda like shooting in Sonic games. Just doesn't work....

---Edit---
At least it can be used to explore the levels a bit more indepth. Its always fun to do that.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I wonder if this boat form is what has come of the "Inflato-NiGHTS" form DiGi and TRiPPY heard about a year ago.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

Posted Image

... ahahahaha, oh dear, is that Ryuuk in the back?

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ryuuk could pass for a Maren EASY. X3 Fantastic pic! I'm lovin' the little sheep too!

As for the graphics, yes, they could certainly use some improvement. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, weren't we concerned about the in-flight graphics some time ago? They look pretty good to me now! Maybe it's like someone posted before, Sega's just showing the "beta shots", and the real thing will blow us out of the water - like those poor Pians getting beaned by BoatNiGHTS! XD

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but ultimate judgement will be served when I play the final release. DiGi and TRiPPY, I hope they let you play some of the final version!

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
I rely don't see why they felt the need to put those platforming bits in it in the first place. It looks plain and boring. I'm starting to feel let down here SEGA! All I wanted was more levels to play through like the first NiGHTS. To play through again and again and see if I could just get that little bit better of a score. Not boring platform bits like something from a Crash Bandicoot game. :angry:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oof.. Helen section not so much in the 'good' department.. anyone else feel kinda 'eh' that they just remix the main level music for that section? I bet the kids's limited sfx get really weary as well.. can all they do is throw chips? Seriously, I still don't get it.. what are we supposed to get out of that

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Uh... Claris's gameplay?

What a major typo :angry:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You mean they still ain't changed the title of the video? I contacted the dumb prick and told him to change it two days ago. Hmm. Seems he ain't listening to me.
How about all you guys sign up and go and harass him too? :lol:

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Then it'll be left that way because he got tired of the army of NiD-fans nagging at him XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol. Fair point, Josse. XD Ok, we can call off the 'riot' then.
Still, it is annoying when they get things wrong. All these major gaming websites claim to be fans of the original game but they really don't know anything about it, do they? Well...at least as not as much as us. :lol: This website is kinda like the centre of the universe right now, in terms of JoD stuff.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I wish GameTrailers would cover NiGHTS but oh well.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted Image

Ahahahha, oh god. XD That crazy dream did partly came true after all.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I did find the videos up on Youtube for people who are having trouble with Gamevideos. Note the quality is reduced since it is Youtube

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams 1up preview with interview
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams 1up interview with Iizuka part 1
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams 1up interview with Iizuka part 2
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Gameplay 1
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Gameplay 2
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Gameplay 3

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
lol anyone notice this? They changed it and still got it wrong- it's just Helen guys, not 'Helena'.. this isn't Soul Calibur

Still better than calling it Claris though-

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/16075

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

lol anyone notice this? They changed it and still got it wrong- it's just Helen guys, not 'Helena'.. this isn't Soul Calibur

Still better than calling it Claris though-

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16075

Can't expect every video game website to be 100% correct.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Can't expect every video game website to be 100% correct.

1up has been awesome enough having this coverage to begin with. It's just kinda funny how they have these little errors somehow.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The video looks really great. But, I must say that my old worry of excessive platforming is starting to surface again. Judging from this video, running around is becoming pivotal in the story, drawing away from the focus of the series, which is NiGHTS and his flying.

Sega, if you know whats good for you, then either cut back on the platforming or really try to strike a balance with it. Going too far in this direction may have the opposite effect than what was intended.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well, in the first place, the story really was intended to be about the kids, but NiGHTS became so dang popular, not to mention the fact this wasn't clearly represented in the original game. ^^' Not that I can say anything on the subject, since I've never played the original.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I think my eyes are bleeding a bit...

FIX THE DAMN TEXTURES!

Thank Wizeman for delays. >O< The textures are so...FLAT. @@

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Maybe them adding all thiese "on foot" levels is their way of stretching out the game a bit.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

Posted Image

Oh Lord...Ryuk is just there to kill...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users