Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Amy Rose's Content

There have been 132 items by Amy Rose (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#41371 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 15 February 2008 - 09:16 AM in Community Corner

Buning Rangers theme _ Burning Angel

#42067 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 23 February 2008 - 03:36 PM in Community Corner

Beautiful World - Hikaru Utada

#45679 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 01 April 2008 - 10:59 PM in Community Corner

Life on Mars soundtrack

#41054 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 11 February 2008 - 09:28 PM in Community Corner

Ikitai No Wa Mountain Mountain - Dreams come true

#41764 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 19 February 2008 - 05:29 PM in Community Corner

Space Channel 5 Soundtrack

#40489 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by Amy Rose on 06 February 2008 - 09:27 PM in Community Corner

Harvest of love - From the Beautiful Katamari soundtrack

#41832 NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

Posted by Amy Rose on 20 February 2008 - 03:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I got my copy today (it must have been shipped early or something, thanks Play Asia! )
I have to say I'm verrrry impressed by the improved graphics (it still looks good even on my big telly) and having played Spring Valley and Splash Garden, I can say, it feels very nice to play too.

After the start screen, there are options for:
The tarted up version,
The original Saturn version,
A selection marked ???????? which I'm assuming is Christmas NiGHTS but I'm not sure untill I unlock it (I only had about 20 mins on it this afternoon)
Gallery options etc can't remember exactly right now :lol:

The menus are mostly in English so that dosen't pose a problem
either.

Well worth importing, especially as it comes with the beautiful book!

#41901 NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

Posted by Amy Rose on 21 February 2008 - 07:51 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Well, I spent a couple of hours on it last night. I found out a few things about it:

You need to finish NiD to unlock Christmas NiGHTS.

There is no presents section on it, the christmas present gallery pictures are in with the normal picture gallery. I unlocked the nightopian collection by playing it through again, so I'm assuming that the other presents like Sonic etc need to be unlocked this way (not definite about that though)

Christmas NiGHTS is (as far as I can see) only playable in the new polished graphics mode and not the SegaSaturn mode.

Also, when you complete the levels in the Brand new mode, you also unlock them in SegaSaturn mode so you don't need to do it twice.

Have a nice time playing it and please put some photos for some of us that dont have it.

I bet you got the soundtrack ordered too like me.

Thank you! I will put some pics up later today if I can get my camera to work..
Sadly, I haven't ordered the soundtrack yet. My car has decided to die and we're saving like mad to try and get another one, so won't be able to get it for ages, even though I really want it :)
Hope you enjoy it though :(

#41564 What NiGHTS characters would NEVER SAY!

Posted by Amy Rose on 17 February 2008 - 01:40 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Wiseman _ "I'm siiiiingin' in the rain. Just siiiingin' in the rain."

Reala - " On my day off, I like to go and visit sick Nightopian children and sing hymns to them."

#46444 Rumor: NiGHTS 3

Posted by Amy Rose on 08 April 2008 - 02:49 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I only bought wii play 'cos it came with the remote. The game itself got very repetitive, very quickly. I ended up giving it to my nephews (kept the remote though ^_^ )

#43159 NiD.Com meetup

Posted by Amy Rose on 06 March 2008 - 11:50 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'll go to a meet up in the U.K. :D
(btw I'm a good cook, so cakes, pastries and cookies all round!)

#42603 ATTENTION ALL UK COSPLAYERS! SEGA NEEDS YOU.

Posted by Amy Rose on 29 February 2008 - 04:32 PM in Cosplay Zone

If my husband can get the time off work and I can make my costume in time. I'll be there!
(Anyone got any idea how to make a "Prince of the cosmos" head?.....)

#39606 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Posted by Amy Rose on 01 February 2008 - 07:47 PM in Community Corner

It looks really pretty! This is definitely on my list.
The last few games have definitely been a bit sub standard, so let's hope the other company does a better job with Sonic than Sega seem to be able to.

#41372 Recommend a game!

Posted by Amy Rose on 15 February 2008 - 12:01 PM in Community Corner

Title: Vib Ribbon

Console: PS1

Genre: Rythym

Synopsis:
You are a strange little line drawing of a bunny, walking along a landscape made out of the music that is playing. You have to press the buttons in time to the music to overcome the obstacles in your path.
Sounds basic but it's lots of fun, the music is great and you can put your own cds into the Playstation to make your own levels!

Comments:
Vib Ribbon for the ps1. One of the strangest, most addictive games ever! (and you can put your own music on it ^_^ )

#44927 Sega Superstars Tennis

Posted by Amy Rose on 27 March 2008 - 08:19 AM in Community Corner

Well I've been playing the Wii version and I have to say it is a lot of fun!

#44493 Sega Superstars Tennis

Posted by Amy Rose on 22 March 2008 - 09:28 AM in Community Corner

If there is a particular reviewer or website that you tend to agree with a lot then fair enough.
You must also take into account that some games reviewers give a game a poor score because they think it's "cool" to do so.
I know someone that used to review games for quite a well known website (he dosen't anymore I'm glad to say). He used to get the review copies of the games, play them for a few minutes, then he used to write his review based on the "cool" factor of the game in his little clique of friends and not base it on any actual gameplay experiences. When I confronted him about it, he just laughed and said "Everyone does it." (they don't, he was just an a*** h*** but there are some that do it)

I never listen to reviews, I just judge from my own taste. After all, even the most fair and professional reviews are just someone else's opinion.
If I'm short of cash and need to decide if something is worth buying, I watch gameplay videos instead.

#42535 why don't people want it?

Posted by Amy Rose on 28 February 2008 - 11:01 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

My local Woolworths has marked it down to £24.99 from £39.99 :(
A sign of things to come.....

#41762 why don't people want it?

Posted by Amy Rose on 19 February 2008 - 05:25 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

And I still can't help but think of how much differently the game would've performed had it been released on PS2 and/or at a lower price point...given how 3 of the 4 control schemes use an analog stick, a port should've been a no-brainer, especially since it looks graphically about on par with a 2007 PS2 title...

A good point. A lot more people would have been reached if they had made it a cross platform release, especially as they are releasing NiD on PS2.
It's not as if the control system is in the slightest bit reliant on the Wii remote either, any analog based controller would do.
It's just a shame that Sega aren't releasing it on their own hardware........

#41756 why don't people want it?

Posted by Amy Rose on 19 February 2008 - 03:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think it needed more publicity and advertising.
Most of the people that knew it was coming out in the first place were the die hard fans that had been scouring the internet for years looking for news of a sequel. So I don't think it would sell that well to casual gamers.
Also, I think the game itself spent more time giving a nostalgia trip to NiD fans than trying to be a good game in it's own right.
That being said, I do like JoD. I just wonder if I would like it as much if it was my first experience of a NiGHTS game.....

#40490 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Amy Rose on 06 February 2008 - 09:29 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image

"Reala, did you know your fly is undone?"

#40485 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Amy Rose on 06 February 2008 - 09:20 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

What about this picture??

Posted Image

.oO(I can think of nothing, too busy panicking >_<)
lol

"I'm sorry NiGHTS. I can't cure your indigestion."

#40573 SuperHappyFunTime NiGHTS Journey of Dreams Caption Contest

Posted by Amy Rose on 07 February 2008 - 09:16 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Posted Image

NiGHTS : *cough* "You're supposed to do a *cough* neck massage the other way."
Reala: "Ooops! Sorry, my bad. Want me to do your back instead?"
NiGHTS: "Erm.... no thanks. *cough* Could you stop doing my neck now? *cough*"

#39313 Ideya Quick Quiz

Posted by Amy Rose on 31 January 2008 - 08:31 PM in Poll Area

I got green.....
I was hoping for blue, but green is good too :(

#44491 Doctor Who

Posted by Amy Rose on 22 March 2008 - 08:49 AM in Community Corner

The new series starts in April (in the U.K)
Apparently, Rose is coming back at some point....

#43825 Doctor Who

Posted by Amy Rose on 14 March 2008 - 09:24 AM in Community Corner

My husband and I are big Doctor Who fans. My husband prefers the new series and I prefer the classic ones (Old style cybermen FTW!) David Tennant likes to show his teeth far too much for my liking. He reminds me of a mechanic or plumber who is drawing in a breath before they tell you how expensive something's going to be "Oooooooh, s'gonna cost 'ya!" <_<
My husband also likes Torchwood, while I think it's a bit crap. Too much gratuitous sex and swearing. It's like they're saying "Look at us! We're grown up!"