Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumor: NiGHTS 3

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Saw it first over on seganerds. Apparently Sega On claims to have a list of titles that are going to be shown at this May's Sega Gamer's Day, and it seems our purple friend made the list.

AS OF MAY 14th 2008, THIS WAS PROVEN TO BE FALSE.

<a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG" target="_blank">http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG</a>

Another NiGHTS...I honestly don't know what to say to the idea. One half of me is hoping and jumping for joy like the fanboy I am, yet the other half tells me that if JoD was any indication then this might be another let-down...

Speculation anyone?

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I'm guessing it'll be another port, but I'm hoping it'd be an original for the XBOX 360 that mimics the gameplay from the first NiGHTS. Less missions, more linking, etc. But maybe it'll be a more serious/less obvious storyline? Again, I'm guessing it's nothing that major. Maybe just another minigame on the GBA or something. XD

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I really liked JoD so I certainly am looking forward to a 3rd game if it happens. ^_^

It would be great because it would make even more people curious about NiGHTS as well.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is happening too fast. If this is true they should wait a few years and then release the game. Games that usually come out too quickly aren't always successful. I would hope they delay the title to all hell in order to make sure it's perfect before they release it though.

b_boult

b_boult

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

This is happening too fast. If this is true they should wait a few years and then release the game. Games that usually come out too quickly aren't always successful. I would hope they delay the title to all hell in order to make sure it's perfect before they release it though.

They won't.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

They won't.

A pessimistic approach but more than likely to be true. Just wait it out. No telling what will happen.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
From what I can infer from the blurb of commentary at the top, I believe their source is... this website. XDDD If I'm wrong, slap me; I'll be happy to be wrong. ^-^

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Honestly the only NiGHTS game I want them to release worldwide is that remake. Is it so much to ask?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
But if they make a 3rd, they know the marks they missed on JoD, so they know how to edit the gameplay properly.. right? They couldn't possibly have motive to do more 'throw blue chips, go around course only once' gameplay.. right?

Tragick

Tragick

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

But if they make a 3rd, they know the marks they missed on JoD, so they know how to edit the gameplay properly.. right? They couldn't possibly have motive to do more 'throw blue chips, go around course only once' gameplay.. right?

They haven't learned from their mistakes with the Sonic games and they keep cranking them out, so if you think Sega will go back and fix the issues with JOD that is unlikely. They knew what the problems were before they released the game and didn't fix them then. My guess is that if anything this "new" game will be a port of the original to either Xbox Live or PSN, which wouldn't be a bad thing. JOD has not done particularly well sales wise or from a critical standpoint so I doubt Sega is in a real hurry to bring out NiGHTS 3...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
But with Sonic one of the weird problems they've had is controls.. although JoD's Wiimote control is useless, it's not as if you go flying off platforms without trying to, or have the camera messing with your view of the next platform.. so NiGHTS should by default have less things broken about it than recent Sonic offerings

The best thing Sega could do is LISTEN TO US, RIGHT HERE ON THIS FORUM. WE KNOW WHAT A NiGHTS GAME SHOULD BE LIKE, KAY?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

WE KNOW WHAT A NiGHTS GAME SHOULD BE LIKE, KAY?

Not necessarily; there are some things where a gaming company shouldn't listen to the mass opinion of its fanbase, but I'm mostly thinking of the 'ZOMG, Dude 3 should hook up with Chick 16!'-type of things (which don't exclusively pertain to pairings, but pairing's what I think of). They also shouldn't take every popular suggestion for gameplay functions that come their way, either; it might look better on paper than it actually executes, and even if it turns out to be awesome in execution we don't have the viewpoint to realize just how difficult it is to code and, therefore, how much risk there is of glitching it up. But yes, when an entire fanbase points at something and says 'that's wrong' (removing ideya capture play from the regular level-play, much?), they really should take their fuzzy pink earmuffs off and actually listen.

Tragick

Tragick

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

But with Sonic one of the weird problems they've had is controls.. although JoD's Wiimote control is useless, it's not as if you go flying off platforms without trying to, or have the camera messing with your view of the next platform.. so NiGHTS should by default have less things broken about it than recent Sonic offerings

My point about Sonic is that if Sega is not going to spend the time to correct the issues with their flagship mascot's games, it is very unlikely they are going to put that effort into a niche title like NiGHTS...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I think Sega needs to pretend they're releasing on a Sega console during production, that's the key to them making a great game..

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It is possible that there will be a new NiGHTS announced. It is possible that it will be the best NiGHTS game yet, better than the first one even. It is possible it will sell so well that Sega will be revitalized (both financially and in terms of game quality). It is possible that Sega will make a new console which houses many great NiGHTS games as well as the best Sonic games in years, Yuji Naka is inspired to rejoin Sonic Team. It is possible Sony and Nintendo will drop out of the hardware business to make software for the Sega console.

But it is not very likely!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
...... *sigh* .... hey everyone. We mentioned ages ago that NiGHTS had originally been planned to release on the PS3 and Xbox360 aswell, yeah? And then we told you that after JoD got moved to the Wii exclusively that 'talks' for another NiGHTS game never actually stopped occuring even after JoD was released. You all remember us saying something like that right? Well there's ya proof.

Though i will say this - i have NO idea what this is about. As far as i was always aware, talks about making more NiGHTS game had continued throughout and after JoD development. I know nothing of what the game is going to be like, sadly.

And another thing i will say is this could also be an early April Fools prank, ya know. It is close to April the 1st. If this thing turns out to be a joke then i'm not surprised. If it turns out to be true then it really hasn't surprised me as such either. I was expecting this....and i'm not quite sure what to think of it all. I'm happy it's NiGHTS but i'm worried he'll be mistreated again and then we're left with a 'so-so' game again.

Time will tell, eh? :/

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
^What he said. We've been hearing about this supposed game since 2006 since it's been an on off thing. Other than the title of 'Twilight Adventure' (which i think will DEFINATELY CHANGE due to Zelda obvioulsy) i know nothing else about this game... well other than the 360/PS3 thing.
I do hope it comes out on the Wii too because I have neither a 360 or a PS3.

Me? I'm happy. JoD to me wasn't the worst thing ever created, so I'm interested in what a new game could bring considering theyve been 'talking' about it since JoD came to light. Who knows, perhaps they've been working on it all this time... that would certainly be nice wouldn't it?

Though as usual the game will most probably be full of things that will make us want to shoot them at dawn. We're sort of used of that now. It's all about just sucking it up and enjoying what you can.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I've been bouncing the idea of this rumored game off the proverbial walls in my head all day. And I remembered all the stuff that was said of the alleged 360/PS3 port so I'm starting to think this might have some merit behind it. But alas, when I finally got down to thinking about it, I realized that this is the same Sonic team we're talking about that's been botching titles left and right since 2002. For a little while I thought it was all over, until a friend of mine pointed something out that rekindled the hope in me.

Sonic Unleashed.

Call me crazy, but hear me out. Sonic Unleashed goes back to the good old 2D roots that made Sonic Rush, the Sonic Advances, and, to some extent, the Sonic Rivals games such a success. The team finally realized what makes the game great: a return to the 16-bit tradition. In a way, I feel the same thing would happen with another NiGHTS. Get the gameplay back where it belongs (since that's where every game starts anyways) and go from there.

And as a side-note, they could likely use the same core engine for both NiGHTS and Sonic Unleashed...both of which involve mostly play on a 2D plane with some 3D bits...and we've seen what the game can do so far graphically through that leaked video...

Regardless, for what it was JoD was a good game and anything else that comes out with a SEGA logo and NiGHTS on the cover will end up in my video game collection on its launch day. Sega Gamer's Day can't roll around fast enough...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I can already tell NiGHTS 3 will have Reala plastered all over it, some horrible gimmick worse than masks and still no decent online functions : D *optimist is i*

I don't think SEGA looks at their released games and considers what did/didn't work. They just make them and sell them thesedays. The fact that JoD sold so poorly and they insist on dragging him through the wringer even more is sad. It's like ... ugh nevermind... it's 7am and I'm probably grouchy from being ill.

Whatever happens NiGHTS will still be the NiGHTS we know, even if he has 17 sequals and a line of kitchenware.

edit-
Above point of view is from both fantard and COLLECTIVE PUBLIC OPINION of JoD. I'm not whining because i have a vendetta against new NiGHTS stuff, just that the gaming massive mostly thought JoD sucked. Even when it completely didn't.

Also Skies of Arcadia is awesome, i love that game, LOVE IT, best RPG of all time (along with shenmue obviously). Completely overshadowed by other crappy overrated RPGS. SOA i love you~
Hmmmmmm if this is all true, and both NiGHTS and SOA are back again, it probably means Julissa will be voicing Fina again too. Two games at once, lol. *salutes*

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I don't think SEGA looks at their released games and considers what did/didn't work. They just make them and sell them thesedays. The fact that JoD sold so poorly and they insist on dragging him through the wringer even more is sad. It's like ... ugh nevermind... it's 7am and I'm probably grouchy from being ill.

Whatever happens NiGHTS will still be the NiGHTS we know, even if he has 17 sequels and a line of kitchenware.

My tired, four-in-the-morning brain loves that image of me cooking (baking?) a gianormous NiGHTS cake with said kitchenware.

We all know it's the truth, but given there's only two NiGHTS games so far I think they at least deserve one more shot for the third. I mean seriously, Sonic is their cash-in. Any game with that blue blur on the cover's going to sell well regardless how shoddy the game itself is. The fact they're still giving NiGHTS attention makes me happy. Count me in as one of the hopefuls. If you give up hope, all that's left is despair...

^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Lol I'm not giving up hope (thats not actually happened to me once in 12 years now)... just PRAYING TO SOME UNHOLY DIETY that Reala DOESN'T HAVE A PINK MANICURE AND BAT TIGHTS. Good god.

maybe the new game will be called 'Reala's Beauty Fun Fun Palace!' (they'll be aiming it at the demographic of 8 year old girls) and you can like... customize Reala and make him wear all sorts of pretty clothes and accesories. Upon completing the 10 very short challenges you'll be treated to a sequence of sparkly FMV's with Reala singing about how neat it is to be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

God I'm tired.

PS) Reala don't kill me plz.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I would buy it if NiGHTS shown us the super secret Nightopian recipee for strawberry shortcakes.The idea of a Reala workout game to go with all the new popular wii fit craze would make me laugh too along with dishing out beauty tips. :)

But being the Sonic fan I am and buying all the games in the last few years no matter what other people think of them makes me most hopefull for a new NiGHTS game too. I really liked Journey of Dreams for taking me back to memories of a time when everyone just played games and there was almost no complains/conspiracies like nowdays. ^_^

I still play games for just the fun there is of escaping into some surreal world and this last NiGHTS game is just exactly what I needed to remind myself even more. It also gave me the courage to join this site as I only ever looked at the frontpage. :)

It would be fantastic to see this 3rd game go out on the xbox 360 too as the analogue stick would still make it work. The d pad on the sega saturn worked really well so couldn't see why it would not work. It is always a bonus to have more brilliant new NiGHTS music and levels too!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wel, at least there is one good thing to look forward to - after the crappy reviews that JoD got in concerns to the wii-mote control system, i think it's fair to say that NiGHTS will be heading to Xbox360 most definate. And this means the FMV is going to be so detailed you'll be able to count every individual eyelash on that purple guy (aswell as grab his even-more-smoother-than-before ass!). XD

Reasons i feel this will be an Xbox360 game is because as Diogo said, the control pad is similar in style to the old Saturn controller when compared to anything else currently on the market. The wii-mote control scheme bombed horribly and they know it. Even the production team used the GC controllers when playing JoD so bringing the game out on another system could fair better perhaps.
Another reason is the recent addition of a NiGHTS Statue for the Xbox360 version of Phantasy Star Universe. Why was only the 360 servers allowed to have a statue of NiGHTS and not the PC/PS2 servers? Hmm. Future advertising, perhaps? Could very well be.

And after Sega Superstars Tennis got a multi-platform release i think Sega may just follow with the idea and put NiGHTS out on consoles that have not experienced his purply transgendered magic yet! XD

Sonic Unleashed may look like it could play well but let's be honest here, turning Sonic into a Werewolf is not classy in the slightest and they have slipped with the story already if that's what it's going to be about. With that in mind i am worried about what story NiGHTS is going to go through in his next game.
Please Sega, don't mess it up.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I only have one thing to say: Sega, please, take your time to perfect it.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I only have one thing to say: Sega, please, take your time to perfect it.

I agree with that sentiment and add one to it; if ya need some help with coding, Sega, please swallow your pride and go to Nintendo's coders.

I know the following probably has nothing to do with my previous sentiment (I was actually thinking more about the Wiimote controls when I said that), but I'm gonna yammer about it, anyway. Honestly, I watched my boyfriend play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I actually asked him why its loading time was, like, nothing when its graphics are so delicious. He says the quality of the graphics themselves don't effect the loading time (all that much), but that it's the data that effects the loading time. I think if there's some kind of way to code the game that makes it so it minimizes the amount of data needed and, thus, loads in nearly no time at all, Sega certainly needs to be in on it, because if everyone here isn't hugely over exaggerating (which I sincerely doubt ya are), that should greatly improve the loading time.

..... Note that I have a horrible memory and have no idea about the ways in which technology works, so I could be explaining this wrong. XPPP I feel very stupid, yammering about things I don't know about. I feel like not posting it, for fear of misquoting him and making him appear to be a doofus, but I shall anyway. XPPPPP

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Yo they could make it a prequel. Like what was NiGHTS doing before he met up with Claris and Elliot? I mean we know he was evil and all but seriously what kind of evil?

::NiGHTS::lover

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...

Lol I'm not giving up hope (thats not actually happened to me once in 12 years now)... just PRAYING TO SOME UNHOLY DIETY that Reala DOESN'T HAVE A PINK MANICURE AND BAT TIGHTS. Good god.

maybe the new game will be called 'Reala's Beauty Fun Fun Palace!' (they'll be aiming it at the demographic of 8 year old girls) and you can like... customize Reala and make him wear all sorts of pretty clothes and accesories. Upon completing the 10 very short challenges you'll be treated to a sequence of sparkly FMV's with Reala singing about how neat it is to be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

God I'm tired.

PS) Reala don't kill me plz.

If they were to make a game all based off of Reala, hopefully he wouldn't have said physical details above. The details really made me have the willies, and I never want to see another picture of Reala for as long as I live....

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Yo they could make it a prequel. Like what was NiGHTS doing before he met up with Claris and Elliot? I mean we know he was evil and all but seriously what kind of evil?

The first thing that came into my mind was TRiPPY's UV. How badass would that be if that was made?

One thing lingering in my mind is that there's still a possibility of a Playstation 2 release. The install base is far too large for any game company to ignore and it's still on the rise. The fact that there are still major titles planned all the way through this year says something. So who knows? Only time will tell.

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
Here's my idea. What if Sega and Nintendo worked on a different controller for the Wii so us Wii people can get it and other don't complain about the controller moves. A controller alike to the Sega Saturn one? xD If they made a wheel for Mario Kart Wii, a Wii Zapper for Link's cross bow training and soon to come Wii Fitness with that step on board thing, and a classic controller for those VC games, then why not a controller that's like Sega Saturn's for the a new NiGHTS game, if there is one. XD I don't own a PS3 or Xbox360 .-. *sticks to nintendo systems and old genisis* XD Well...I think this is a good idea, right? ;)

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

iVomit.

I don't care what's in the game (...with reasonable exceptions) as long as it's on a platform I don't have to buy. Wii? Yes. Playstation 2? I don't have one, but wouldn't mind getting one. 360/PS3? PLEASE NO. ;_;

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
They're either trying to improve what JoD failed in, or turning NiGHTS into a cash cow.

I'm thinking the 2nd one, sadly.

I hope it's a remake/port.

Maybe it's PS2 NiGHTS o3o?

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Personally, with Sonic Unleashed looking to be one of the better Sonic games to come out in the last 6 or so years, I have hope that 1) this is real, and 2) somebody at SEGA still cares about NiGHTS.

JoD was great IMO, the gameplay was great, but the fact that only bout 35% of the game was "classic" NiGHTS kinda put me off a little. The other missions were fine, but I've never went back to them.

So yeah. New NiGHTS. 360 plx, give me an excuse to buy one.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'd die and go to heaven if they released a PC version, but that's not gonna happen, and probably shouldn't.

EB-G

EB-G

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo (characters, video games and stuff), NiGHTS, drawing, mechas, aliens, my OCs, and designing my OCs/fan characters and Nintendo and NiGHTS people

I do hope it comes out on the Wii too because I have neither a 360 or a PS3.

Same here.
Sega plz let it be exclusive for the Wii also >_<

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I'd love to actually see it multi-platform. Sure they can work more on the Wii controls this time but I just wouldn't care as much. Main attraction for JoD was the motion controls. We know how that turned out. So now I'd like to see NiGHTS in HD. Besides the analog sticks on the PS3 and 360 are smooth and perfect for a game like this. Not everyone want's to risk ruining their nunchuk with the mod. However, didn't someone say that any NiGHTS games in the future after JoD would be on the Wii only?

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Okay Sonic Team, my requests are quite simple.

- Make it for Wii.
- Improve graphix.
- Fix pointer controls.
- Bring back Ideya captures.
- Moar flying stages.
- Include remake (if possible).

However, didn't someone say that any NiGHTS games in the future after JoD would be on the Wii only?

Yes. I'm trying to find that interview.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

Okay Sonic Team, my requests are quite simple.

- Make it for Wii.
- Improve graphix.
- Fix pointer controls.
- Bring back Ideya captures.
- Moar flying stages.
- Include remake (if possible).

Ditto.

Plus, make more Original Dreamers ^^

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

*gasps for breath* GEEZ TRiPPY! I seriously broke out in cold sweat! that thought freaked me out... I think I mighta suffered stroke was it not for the mention of Skies of Arcadia and Senmue (great games good ta see someone else appreciate em)
P.S. Thanks alot for the Nightmares I'm bound ta have >:lol:

As for a 3rd NiGHTS I don't see a way they can make it awful without changing the core gamplay drastically. But the thought of a prequel sounds pretty epic to me playing as NiGHTS when he worked for Wiseman and why exactly he turned on him, not to mention NiGHTS relationship with Reala, he seemed pretty concerned when Reala was injured in JoD. Of course this will bring about drastic changes to gameplay goals (like instead of destroying Ideya capture you steal the Ideya from children, that sounds dark and full of plot) So I suppose Sega will do a bad job with such a drastic change. But, at least I can look forward to some plot twists. (Crud, I'm getting my hopes up again)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Sega plz let it be exclusive for the Wii also >_<

I think that's a bad idea, personaly. Restricting it to the Wii is not really a wise choice.
God only knows why Iizuka spoke some crap about putting JoD on the Wii because of the wii-mote system being it's focus point because that was bullshit. There were idea's for 360 and PS3 version of the games waaay back then. It may have been on paper but the idea's were there. I think someone higher up than Iizuka caused it to be exclusive for the Wii. With any luck they will have seen their mistake and hopefully make this a multiplatform thing like how they originally had planned back in 2006.

As for JoD. Don't get me wrong, i like the game. It's nice. But after waiting 11 years for it we all expected something a little ..well... 'more'. It does the flying sections well enough and i'm thankful they didn't ruin the fun that stems from that part of the game. But there certainly was stuff in there that wasn't needed. Whatever they're planning on doing with a new NiGHTS game i am hoping that it goes back to basics and keeps it to the flying. In all honesty, think about it... the areas of the game that were wasted on building the dull kids on-foot levels could have been used to make more flying levels for NiGHTS himself.

Personaly, i feel that Sega really REALLY need to use JoD as a learning curve, compare it to NiD and see what went wrong then take all their findings and try not to make the same mistakes again.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
List for next NiGHTS; aka tips for Sega (this list will expand as I think of stuff):

- Streamline some new elements that you came up with with the parts of the first game that are essential to NiGHTS. Wanting to develop the story aspect is admirable, but keep in mind replay factor. The game should never feel a lull, which is what the dreamer missions do. In the original game, dreamers could leap and bound around the field. In JoD they merely act as if they were in the real world. There's no need for that, bring back them fun physics. Collecting items like Dreamdrops is cool, unlockable items with As are cool. Open navigation of dreamworlds, hatching Nightopians with the dreamers.. this is fine.

- If Reala is going to wear a mask, why not let it transform like NiGHTS's mask? You know what, drop the masks. No one cares. We know Reala is loyal to Wizeman, we get the notion of something obtrusive like a mask to show it, and also how NiGHTS rejects this idea by throwing it away. But we love your characters the way you made them, and we hate having Reala's face covered like that. Bad art direction.

- About Wii controls. It may simply be that controlling NiGHTS with the Wii remote cannot possibly work. But I see no reason why there can't be a few more motion controls than there are. Tilting the remote to do acrobatics is a meager step. Also, with the nunchuk setup, so many buttons were wasted on the Drill Dash when they could have been reassigned for acrobatics. In JoD we lost NiGHTS's valuable air-brake technique. This could have been integrated with a sharp jerk of the remote, or by pressing both trick buttons together by the aforementioned button re-mapping.

- One big lesson to Sega: DO NOT RUSH SONIC TEAM! You were so anxious to push JoD out at Christmas for what? Do you think Wii owners are going to forego Super Mario Galaxy for a Sega game they barely heard of? Let Sonic Team do their job, release the game when it's FINISHED, and then let it roll when the clamor over Nintendo's IPs is in remission, so to speak. You see now that it was a bad idea, so for NiGHTS 3 let them take their time and make the game they intend to make, it'll pay off. Literally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users