Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
http://i19.photobuck...oader523106.jpg

Yeah, I cant bleieve this. Im not sure I would bother to buy it though. Id rather just buy a Saturn and the game than deal with such a crap console. It would for me diminish the game, but thats me. For some of you this is very good news. Although, Im kinda curious why this wasnt released for the Wii since, you know, it is getting the sequel afterall. I will never understand how Sega thinks.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Dance, Theatre, Video Games, Hawtness, Random Shiz

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/jrg...oader523106.jpg

Yeah, I cant bleieve this. Im not sure I would bother to buy it though. Id rather just buy a Saturn and the game than deal with such a crap console. It would for me diminish the game, but thats me. For some of you this is very good news. Although, Im kinda curious why this wasnt released for the Wii since, you know, it is getting the sequel afterall. I will never understand how Sega thinks.

Wii will probably get it on VC or as an unlockable.

But this is pretty awesome.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Lol at calling the PS2 a crap console, considering its success in nearly all aspects.

And I'd be damn stoked for not only NiGHTS on VC, but Saturn games in general.

Sega best push for it.

Regardless, though, I'm stoked for this.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Lol at calling the PS2 a crap console, considering its success in nearly all aspects.

And I'd be damn stoked for not only NiGHTS on VC, but Saturn games in general.

Sega best push for it.

Regardless, though, I'm stoked for this.

quality wise/ergonomicswise yes I really consider it to be total crap.
Gamewise it wasnt.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

quality wise/ergonomicswise yes I really consider it to be total crap.
Gamewise it wasnt.

I laugh at this as well. What with the 360 and PS3 on the market anyway. PS2 is total win quality wise vs these 2 current gen.

Ergonomics wise, eh, I guess not everyone can appreciate the dual shock controller, but it has analog sticks which will suffice for NiGHTS.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

I laugh at this as well. What with the 360 and PS3 on the market anyway. PS2 is total win quality wise vs these 2 current gen.

Ergonomics wise, eh, I guess not everyone can appreciate the dual shock controller, but it has analog sticks which will suffice for NiGHTS.

I refuse to use subpar analogs for this game. Not a game this important and classic.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
a little more info. apparently (the japanese version at least) comes with the original artbook, and is apparently a remake of the original game. I guress I might have to end up buying BOTH the original and the goddamn Ps2 one. f*** my wallet sideways >_

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I refuse to use subpar analogs for this game. Not a game this important and classic.

Well I feel sorry for you then.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
... I am sitting here like "Is that... Page 52..? No way..." XD

Hmmm of course I would have to get it. O_O since I already have a PS2. if.. it were true that is.

Edited by Purgatory, 20 November 2007 - 07:59 AM.
Anyone else see the "CD-ROM" written on "PS2" other then Niraven?

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Okay....

Fair enough this will introduce more people into the NiGHTS fan-base and make it more obtainable, but it's destroying that special little feeling the game has on the Saturn....

I don't know what to think.

:)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Okay....

Fair enough this will introduce more people into the NiGHTS fan-base and make it more obtainable, but it's destroying that special little feeling the game has on the Saturn....

I don't know what to think.

:)

well thats why Im getting both versions.
The remade one and the original. Best of both worlds. If I can finds a non sucky third party Ps2 controller.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/jrg...oader523106.jpg

I don't buy it. I have to see something more convincing than that to be convinced of it. Besides, did you notice ©D-ROM written on top of it? I recommend getting a better scan, a copy of the magazine perhaps, and at least a translation before jumping the gun.

Besides, you'd be amazed at how terribly easy it is to make fake scans and screens. I need something more official before I believe it.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I'm going with what Niraven said, i want to see more proof!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
its a scan from Famitsu magazine posted on Neogaf. doesnt get much more legitimate than that. Trust me guys, this is real.
Ill link you to where I found it: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=209609

You can even see me bitching in the threrad about it not having a Wii version :)

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/836/836720p1.html

O_____O

Well... I'm just... eeehhh?? Since when?? And how?? And when can I get it, more NiGHTS is goooood yesyesyes WANT SEQUEL MORE DAGNABBIT my poor poor wallet updated version yummy mmmmm!

(Beg pardon, I'm gonna hafta sleep on this, my brain hasn't quite wrapped itself around this yet, g'night! XD;;:)

EDIT: February release in Japan same time as sequel! Is this to make the delay even sweeter? WHO PLOTTED THIS?? They're GENIUSES!!

Gillwing looks more like a frog now..!

*passes out, twitching from either glee or WTF-ness*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Im going to buy it anyway. Im just going to bitch about it not having a wii version too. but Ill buy it because Ive become quite a NiGHTS %$£!.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
The screen shots look funny to me. Gillwing looks strange and the Christmas NiGHTS-like gallery section is different then Christmas NiGHTS... perhaps this is a fake but the images are from a not finished NiGHTS release?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

The screen shots look funny to me. Gillwing looks strange and the Christmas NiGHTS-like gallery section is different then Christmas NiGHTS... perhaps this is a fake but the images are from a not finished NiGHTS release?

its not a fake. Its a remake of the original with updated graphics.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

its not a fake. Its a remake of the original with updated graphics.

Aw dang...

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Perhaps. Gillwing is purple.. O_O

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
yeah it looks different. I want to get both original and Ps2 version along with the new one. so I guess I gotta figure out how to afford a Saturn, NigHTS1, a analog controller, the Ps2 game and a third party Ps2 controller that doesnt suck. I already paid for NJOD thankfully so thats not a problem.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yeah, Famitsu scans are generally not fakes. I know NiGHTS fans are used to getting hoaxed but this is a good year for the brand.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
I assure you NiGHTS news these days is mostl ikely not a hoax. Its pointless to hoax now when actual games are being released. Its no fun for them anymore now that we have prevailed.

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Ahhh, WOW. Totally unexpected and very, very awesome.

And hey, guys, Jackle will get some love! Wonder how he'll look with revamped graphics. :)

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
This is fantastic news.... I just don't understand why it's Japan only, and for the PS2 ..

I mean.. what the hell. What's the point on releasing it for the PS2, who's going to buy this that late in the consoles life ? The Wii is the perfect place for a game like this... I've got so many mixed feelings.

I know, unless they port to the Wii, I'm gonna end up having to import this and buy a PS2. There's a Freeloader for the PS2 right ?

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
once again, my mind has been blown to pieces...

i don't know what to think... be it bad or good.

I'm just drawing a complete blank right now...

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Give it a worldwide release and they're onto a winner.

Journey of What?

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
I suppose it was a matter of time, especially for the JPN market. The whole Sega Ages range I think has done quite well - Panzer Dragon, Dragon Force, Virtual Racing etc. Just Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers and Radient Silvergun left :)

Heres hoping for a World wide release (more likely than the other Ages titles cos of JoD)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Huh. That's unexpected. I'll probably pick it up anyway as an import if they don't decide to localize it for a US release (although they should, at a $20 price point it would probably sell pretty well if it coincided with JoD's stateside launch). It's nifty, but not mind-blowing.

So long as they don't mess with anything other than the graphics I'm cool with it...

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Wait... NiD for PS2? Ok. I will hunt down SEGA employees one by one if they don't release this worldwide >:.

As for calling PS2 a crap-console... Jesus. The original, Thick PS2s broke down easily, the Slim ones didn't. Besides, I don't think a crap console would do well enough on the market that 3/4ths of its audience would prefer it rather than next-gen systems. Game-wise, it was good. System-wise (if you're talking about the slim ones. Thick-Ones were good unless you got the dreaded Disc Read Error. ), it was good.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. Quick breakdown for you people. Sega knows that their NiGHTS fanbase rests more in America and Europe than it does in Japan. It is also why JoD has taken on the whole 'Europe' look. So, for it to release ONLY in Japan and ignore what every other bloody NiGHTS fan has wanted for years is like achieving suicide. It's totally stupid. And for them to release it on a console that, although has a lot of owners is still a dying console, is also another silly move.

*sigh* ...i was happy to hear the news and then the more i read into it the more stupid it sounds.

What i wanted was a PS3/Xbox 360 NiGHTS game. Graphics, cranked up to the max. Loads of power to make the game huge and amazing. Lots of space to add features like creata-a-dream world (because i know a bunch of you when writing into the Sega Project 2007 told Sega you wanted some kinda 'create-your-own' feature). As a PS2 game it just seems another opportunity wasted, in my eyes.
I was looking at screenshots of Soul Calibur 4 last night. Do you know how nice it would be to see a NiGHTS game look as swanky as that? I ain't really a graphic-%$£! but seriously, so much more could be done for NiGHTS than these easy-way-out options Sega keep choosing.
Bloody hell Sega, stop playing ping-pong and create an impressive jaw-dropping game already.

Meh. I just woke up so i ain't in the best of minds right now anyway.

--edit--
After waking up, this doesn't seem too much of a bad idea. If it's legit, that it.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I just don't know what's going on at SEGA at this point... releasing a remade version of a 12 year old game that has a fan following of a few thousand on an almost dead console simultaneously with it's sequel? Are SEGA's buisness plans made by a bunch of Rabbids or what?

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Oookay, I just woke up too and am frantically rushing to get ready for school, so I may not be processing properly right now. Why does Sega do this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Sony who tried to deliberately kill Sega way back when? Who was there to save them? Oh, right. Nintendo. Haaaa...Yeah, and releasing this on Wii would have been so much smarter! I guess we can still hope for VC, though I don't know if they could really get it to work.

Anyone willing to bet this version with either 1) lag terribly or 2) be very glitchy?

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Oh my holy wow.
....Gillwing looks like King Boom Boo. wtfux.

No, seriously. I personally have been avidly praying to the remake gods for something like this to happen, but now that it finally is, just....
I mean, I really really want to jump out of my seat and run around yelling "HELL YES REMAKE!!" ....but instead I'm kind of just staring blankly at the magazine scan going "lol whut".
Somehow I really.... really don't think this is going to go well.

Watch me beg for a PS2 for Christmas now.
I'm so effing weak. ;_;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I think I'm feeling 50-50 on this one...

ANY sort of re-release of the original is a GOOD thing because it educated gamers on wtf Journey came from. Also good is that so many people own PS2's, i mean sh!t, i hate Sony and even i have 2 in my bedroom. I don't think it will sell much unless JoD generates that 'nostalgia' pull, but for the little people like us i guess it will be nice to see the game with slightly revamped stuff. From what i see in the screenshots it's not big stuff. Also, this bonus xmas NiGHTS stuff hopefully will have NEW things we havent already seen (in xmas NiGHTS). Possibly old development sketches and stuff. I mean that would please any NiGHTS fan.

Bad things i can think of.... why not PS3? Why release on an old console? I mean i know the PS3 plays old games (which is great) but.... hmm something doesn't feel great. Why only japan? Once again the west is being screwed out of something we want. It would sell or bode better on the Wii along with JoD. If they released it as a bonus pack (optional extra disc) for a higher price along with JoD, it would make so much cash. They claim it cant be done on the V.C because of 'technical' reasons... utter rubbish lol... that's why I've seen it run on an Xbox :|
Eitherway, i'll be importing it. Then screaming at Sega to release it here. There's logic in there.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Okay, so a few hours' sleep, and I'm still undecided. XD; I mean yes, of coures a re-release is great news, because now even MORE people can discover NiGHTS, and on a system just about every gamer and their dog has, as TRiPPY said.

But if it's Japan only, I'll be sad. D: Show the rest of the world some love, Sega! Don't let us down!

That said, if the only way to snag this beauty is an import, any chance of pre-ordering online? That art book sounds goooood...!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I assume this is for the SEGA AGES series? At least, that is the only logical conclusion why it's Japan-only and on the PS2. If that is the case, a localization isn't that far out of the question. It might even receive a Wii version since the Wii does have a history of PS2 ports.

This is really the only way to port NiGHTS though. Since Saturn emulation is so complex, the only way to get the original on other consoles is by remaking it from scratch. The PS2 is really the way to go right now since its games seem to be the most easy to port.

GoldDreams

GoldDreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:SEGA and Nintendo
I would much rather have this game as an unlockable or as a VC title. Yet I know the creator of the sequel said its not likely to make it to VC, I can still dream. I will not own a PS2 not even if this is true. I've no use for Sony. I personally believe they are responsible for ruining gaming as we know it, and turning it into a mainstream "trendy" thing. I'd much rather see the original title on the 360. I am so against the Sony corp that I try not to buy anything with the label on it. If I can at all help. Which is not always the case with most electronic items. No I am not a fan boy. I just don't agree with the Companies policies and procedures.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
What?!

I am very conflicted about this.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Wows, NiGHTS being put on the PS2! Seems a bit strange to me....... Oh well! ^_^ I guess I'll be begging my oldersister to let me have her PS2, (since I don't have one) and I guess I'll be importing the game. It will be great to have both versions of NiD (And, I seriously hope they release it to the US and Europe too)!

*light bulb* You know what would be Special Awesome is if with your Pre-order of JoD, you get NiD for PS2 as a pre-order gift! Or you get like a bundle package with both games.... I don't know! >_< I can dream can't I! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users