Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Tristam's Content

There have been 15 items by Tristam (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9615 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

Posted by Tristam on 11 July 2007 - 06:31 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I actually freaked out about the game play so i'm really happy that the game play footage is now out. I've looked at game play from the previous game and i've noticed that, when compared to the new game, there appears to be no timer and NiGHTS now carries around a key. Have they got rid of the timer and the Ideya have become keys?

If they've got rid of the timer, it would make things easier on people who hate timers, so that they don't have to rush or whatever.

Eh, what? The timer is the crux of NiGHTS' gameplay! It's a time attack sort of game. Based on the Iizuka interview with Nintendo Power, I really doubt they got rid of the timer. The timer was absent because nearly everything was absent -- there wasn't any HUD period.

#9612 Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

Posted by Tristam on 11 July 2007 - 05:06 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I honestly don't know why you guys dislike the Puffy lookalike boss. Puffy was absolutely my favorite boss battle from the original, and this new Nightmaren looks more creepy (it's a friggin clown!) and should be a more interesting battle based on the footage and the Nintendo Power interview (you actually navigate him through a whole maze while avoiding other obstacles). And the graphics for the game are sort of underwhelming so far, but the model of this new Nightmaren looks incredible.

#8978 The New Ideya Palace

Posted by Tristam on 06 July 2007 - 05:37 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Am I the only one who thinks that this looks an awful lot like an Ideya Capture (kind of like a Metroid) except that it isn't blue?

#8967 New screens?

Posted by Tristam on 06 July 2007 - 03:15 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Yeh, i just read that. So...Night Pier, eh? You don't suppose he got the term 'Night Pier' mixed up with 'Nightopia'?

That's possible. I don't know Japanese, but I know an old Enix adventure game called "The Portopia Serial Murder Cases" that is sometimes incorrectly translated as "The Port Pier Serial Murder Cases."

#8724 New screens?

Posted by Tristam on 05 July 2007 - 05:04 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

GAF? Anyways, like I said, this is the perfect oppurtunity for "hurting it does not".

NeoGAF, where the scans came were originally posted.

But until I get a translation, hurting it does.

#8713 New screens?

Posted by Tristam on 05 July 2007 - 04:32 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'd like to see if anyone can look at this and tell me that Sonic Team isn't working their asses off.

Don't go to GAF then, because I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you. The second the magazine scan was posted the trolls came out of the woodworks. It's not so much that it's NiGHTS -- it's because it's on the Wii, and the same faces show up in every topic regarding games on the Wii.

By the way, isn't there a resident translator in the NiGHTS community? I'd love to know what the article says. :lol:

#8708 New screens?

Posted by Tristam on 05 July 2007 - 03:32 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

These in-game screenshots are definitely improved. One of the shots is confusing though -- Helen is looking up at NiGHTS but NiGHTS is definitely in an Ideya Capture, not the palace.

#7944 A state of half sleep

Posted by Tristam on 21 June 2007 - 08:25 AM in Dream Discussion

Happens to me now and again, although I actually paid attention in school. (OMG)

LOL, I don't mean I'd fall asleep during class, just after school. Cool to see someone with a similar experience though.

#7943 Worst Nightmare

Posted by Tristam on 21 June 2007 - 08:22 AM in Dream Discussion

Man, so many nightmares to choose from.

Well, I'll warn you beforehand, a lot of my dreams just seem like messed up, patchwork, LSD-trip sh!t.

In one dream I remember someone telling me (and these are the exact words) "We have reason to believe you have contracted the scarlet plague." And I guess that was kind of scary.

Spiders have always been one of my few fears, and about a week ago I had a pretty scary dream about massive tarantulas. In my dream there was a "general" and a "queen" spider (a la the movie Arachnophobia).

In another dream, I was at a Fourth of July carnival and was riding on a ferris wheel and fell off from the top. I woke up just before I smacked into the ground. I was shaking like crazy.

This one's a bit personal, but I guess Internet anonymity allows for more candid discussions. One of my mom's old boyfriends used to be abusive to her and I remember dreaming of hiding from him in my backyard. He found me and sneered down at me but didn't really do anything.

This other one's a bit funny and scary, and even though it was weird, it made complete sense given a couple events that had (then) recently happened. Anyways, (the following is not part of the dream) last year I was headed home from college (about a two hour drive) and had taken a wrong turn and was lost on some backgrounds when the alternator in my car went kaput. I basically coasted for a little while (my lights were dimming and my car wouldn't accelerate anymore) but I conveniently arrived at a house and stopped my car there. Anyways, this isn't a premise for a spooky woodsy house story with a maniac living there. The people were really nice and I had my sister pick me up and eventually got my car towed out of their driveway and my alternator fixed. But this plays into the dream later. But earlier in the semester I got a parking ticket on campus; they charged me $25 -- annoying, but nothing serious. In the dream, though, my alternator went kaput (again) only now it was at a busy, four-way intersection in the middle of a big highway (no, I don't know what the hell a busy, four-way intersection was doing in the middle of a big highway). I guess in the dream world I figured it would be OK if I left my car there for the time being and I got out on foot and walked into town to see if I could get help. When I came back there was a parking ticket lodged under my windshield wipers for exactly $3,006.11. All I remember was that I was so afraid when I faced my stepdad with that ticket that my heart was pounding in my ears. I figured I should just save him the job of killing me and do away with myself.

When I was much younger I had another dream where the aliens from the movie Starship Troopers had invaded the planet and were slaughtering everybody.

Then a couple years ago I had a dream where I was in the middle of a WWII style war in the middle of a big gymnasium (freaking weird, I tell ya), with guns being fired and big shells being dropped and everything. I remember a big shell dropping right by my sister and exploding and when the smoke cleared she had vanished completely. My family means the world to me, so that dream had me sweating and shaking when I woke up. It was one where you just shudder when you wake up and you almost sob in relief that it was a dream, but it was so poignant that even the daylight didn't fully rob the dream of its power.

In the past few years though I've been having lots of dreams (not necessarily nightmares) where I guess memories -- or feelings -- of the dream stick in my head and I think they're real. For example, I dreamed that my friend and I got in a fight, but when I woke up I couldn't figure out why I was mad at him and didn't realize it was because of a dream till a week later. The same thing happened when one of my grandparents died in a dream -- it took me almost a day to figure out why I was so sad.

#7940 A state of half sleep

Posted by Tristam on 21 June 2007 - 07:50 AM in Dream Discussion

Have you ever caught yourself in a state of "half sleep"? I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe what I've experienced. It used to happen to me in high school all the time, and it would usually happen when I'd lie down to take naps after school. I never had the best sleeping habits, so I'd always be tired when I came home, but I knew if I took a nap I'd have trouble sleeping later that night - a vicious cycle. So I'd be thinking to myself "OK, I'll lie down just for a few minutes, but I won't go to sleep." Anyways, it seems my will may have been in the right place but my body thought otherwise, and I'd sink into a state of half sleep. It's actually kind of terrifying -- I think just the same way as if I were awake, but I can't move, I can't speak, and I can't open my eyes. All I can do is think and hear things. Basically, I think that my body has shut down -- physically, I am asleep, my digestion has slowed, my muscles have completely relaxed, my breathing is deep, etc. -- but my mind refuses to comply. And when I say that it's a terrifying feeling, it's no joke; it feels like I've got a pillow over my face and I'm being suffocated. Or more accurately it feels as though my whole body has been completely bound and I'm in pitch black water and sinking to the bottom. Perhaps I was wrong when I said I think the same way as I do when I'm awake, because in this state my only concern is waking up -- in this state, I feel like if I don't wake up, I'll drown. Indeed, when I do wake up out of it, I take a deep breath like I'd just struggled to the surface of a pool.

Even weirder is the method I use to wake up. I said I couldn't move, but there was one exception. I could wiggle the pinky on my left hand just a little bit, but when I did that I could begin to move my hand, then my wrist and forearm, then my whole arm, and finally I'd be shaking my entire body and doing that would wake me up.

This was always a much stranger experience to me than anything I've ever had while dreaming. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

#7939 Very Old Dreams

Posted by Tristam on 21 June 2007 - 07:30 AM in Dream Discussion

I think the earliest dream that I still remember occurred when I was about six. When I was a little kid I used to be scared of bigfoot from the movie Harry and the Hendersons. I guess the dream is just a testament to how inane dreams can be. It was set in a wooden shack in the middle of a desert where bigfoot had me tied up and was preparing to eat me, taunting me by laughing and juggling through the utensils he'd eat me with. When I started crying, he also broke down crying and burst out the door, running through the desert the exact way you see the Roadrunner zoom off after he taunts Wily Coyote. My dreams always seem so incredibly weird (and often stupid), but I guess that's part of what makes dreams so interesting.

#7932 Vote! Dreamcast or Wii?

Posted by Tristam on 21 June 2007 - 04:17 AM in Poll Area

I'm going to have to say Wii. A few reasons here: there is potential for a greater audiovisual presentation, it will reach a greater audience, and it has the potential to control wonderfully. NiGHTS was a mixed package. Sure, the art direction and color choice was very pleasing, the soundtrack was killer, and NiGHTS was charming, but NiGHTS is simply the most controllable character in any video game I've ever played, moreso than even Mario. The fluidity, grace, and speed offered when flying was incredible. Since the Dreamcast controller was very similar to the updated Saturn controller, there wouldn't have been much room for making the experience of flight any more awesome. However, a gesture-based control system, where the Wii Remote serves as a conductor's rod, has the potential to make a great experience that much greater. The Wii Remote is a very new device though, and it appears it's hit or miss with developers. I just hope that Sonic Team can pull it off.

Oh, and there are a couple more really cool features with the Wii. The forecast channel is the biggest one, since Sonic Team is using that to influence the weather in-game. Perhaps they'll use the system clock for determining seasons, or special days (a la Christmas NiGHTS). There's so much potential.

#7916 Guest Music Composers

Posted by Tristam on 20 June 2007 - 11:00 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Mitsuda hands down! Chrono Cross is home to the godliest soundtrack ever. Besides, Chrono Cross also had a jester (who starred as one of the main characters no less).

#7914 What gender are you, and how do you see NiGHTS?

Posted by Tristam on 20 June 2007 - 10:56 PM in Poll Area

Like Purgatory, I'm a male and see NiGHTS as androgynous, although I do refer to NiGHTS as "he," because "it" just doesn't sound right.

#7913 Hey everyone

Posted by Tristam on 20 June 2007 - 10:50 PM in Introduce Yourself

Just introducing myself here. I decided to join after I saw the "Sega Project 2007." That was just freaking incredible. Kudos to Trippy and the rest of you.

Anyways, I'm more than happy to join in on speculation of Journey of Dreams!