Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guest Music Composers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Quite a while ago when the board first started up, I recall a topic with a fair amount of discussion over JoD's music. People started mentioning Crush40 and then there were a few other musicians who popped up. This got me thinking,

"If I could have a person compose one song, who would I pick?"

That's my question to you guys. If you could have a guest composer make a song for JoD, who would you like to see, what song would you want them to compose, and why? Maybe you wouldn't want a guest composer. Why not? Let's hear your thoughts.

Please note, don't feel like you absolutely need to pick some prolific game music icon like Nobuo Uematsu. Pick any musician you like.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
First. OMG it's so late it's early.

The creator of "Dreams Dreams" is excellent. I look forward to the next generation of awesome music.

Tristam

Tristam

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Mitsuda hands down! Chrono Cross is home to the godliest soundtrack ever. Besides, Chrono Cross also had a jester (who starred as one of the main characters no less).

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yoko Kanno ( composer for "Cowboy Bebop", "Wolf's Rain", "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex") always produces gold. I'd love her to do a track for NiGHTS.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Koji Kondo. Guy who did the music for Zelda. <3

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'd like The Go! Team to provide some instrumentals for this. One of their less fitting, but awesome instrumental tracks is used for LittleBigPlanet (asuming the rest of the games music is up to this quality, which it's sounding from the other thing of it I've seen, I'll be buying a PS3 just for this) anyway, ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out. (the bumper at the end of the song is included in this trailer sadly, they should ahve cut it for the purpose)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taiurn541SE 'Get it Together'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hU-0keJtk...ted&search= 'The Ice Storm'

Both LBP, but the music could fit quite nicely, not those two songs, but it gives you an idea of what sort of sound the team have.

The tune 'Everyone's a VIP to Someone' seems very fitting, see if you can track yourself down a copy of that tune.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I like the answers I'm hearing so far, but I'd like to hear more so I'll add my two cents to give this topic a little kick in the pants.

I think it would be really cool to have a boss theme composed by Masafumi Takada. He's the guy behind the soundtracks from Killer7, God Hand, and Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. His style is highly esoteric due in part to his blending of elements from multiple genres and because of this, I think a boss theme from him would be an excellent fit with the bizarre enemies from the NiGHTS realm.

If you want an example of his work, just go to this page of Kung Pao Fu, click soundtrack, and listen to the tacks Smoking Roll and Rainy Rose. You can't tell me songs like those wouldn't be perfect for a boss. :P

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
People I hope to not hear:

Sanjaya Malakar
50 Cent
Akon
Clay Aiken
Paris Hilton
Jennifer Lopez
Ashlee Simpson

just to name a few

Oh yeah I forgot. Definitely not this woman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95dJonNLu6U

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
who i'd like to hear would be Koji Kondo (Zelda)and Rika Muranaka ( MGS )

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Nobuo Uematsu, composer of all the best FF games (well, almost all) or Yoko Shimomura (Xenosaga and KH). Maybe even Utada Hikaru if its a lyrical piece. I would NEVER like to hear William Hung or Wing (google Wing South Park, she's a real person).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users