Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New screens?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Fushidane

Fushidane

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Dunno if anybody posted this, but here

Posted Image

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
*_______* I wish I had something a bit more intelligent to say, but alas.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Wow...nice pictures... :lol:

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
OMG SWEET FIND 8D! *huggles you*

Hmm...., alright, it looks like Helen is in here x3. She seems to be like Claris, where she has a musical talent/wants to be a musician (violin playing for Helen, singing for Claris.). Also, the graphics look AWESOME 8D! I think only a few of them are cut scenes :3.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Several thoughts at once:

- Hello Miss Helen Cartwright, I'm sure I'll like you. *ahem I'm no longer bothered by her (or Kevin) being since blond since I like her design. ...heh, she has KH-styled shoes XD I like that she's a violinist.

- I wanna know what the text says, dammit!

- The FMV looks really pretty *__*

- Am I the only one who think the in-game graphics looks a bit better here? Though Helen's hair looks a bit weird in that shot with NiGHTS in the (I assume) Ideya Palace.

- Birdies!

Thank you for posting this, Fushidane!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

- Am I the only one who think the in-game graphics looks a bit better here? Though Helen's hair looks a bit weird in that shot with NiGHTS in the (I assume) Ideya Palace.

*raises hand* Nope x3.

I think they look AWESOME now :3. I'm no longer worried about the game looking strange/not good 8D! *dances* Today 'tis a happy day :3.

Vincent

Vincent

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Holy heck. This is beautiful...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Translations, people. Get the mother f*!*ing translators in here now to figure out what all that says please. Although it may look pretty, i wanna know exactly what is being said about Helen.
And, holy sh!t look at that. We got the name right after all. I wonder how that happened? o.o

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
=3 She's a violinist like me. Awesome.
I found a bigger version of the scan on 4chan: http://www.mypicshare.com/kzi2hekzpic.html
I'm iffy about the new designs though. They remind me too much of 360/ps3 sonic the hedgehog, which looks like balls.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
She doesn't look so bad.

Am I the only one who'll miss the freedom from gender theme of the first game. Pink +Blue = Purple, a unisex colour. Oh well. Still no read gameplay shots sadly.

Those bird things seem interesting, too big to be normal Maren. I hope you don't have to race them.

Oh and this is just the first page by the way NeoGaf say there's another to be scanned.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I wonder if the second scan will show Kevin? I have this image in my head of him looking like that Rodger kid XD sir Kevin Beckham... *rolfs*

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Wow, I wasn't aware such good graphics could be on the Wii! I mean, Secret Rings final cutscene was really good, but this...Is REALLY good. I miss the anime-ish style, but I guess I could let it pass.
As for the bird maren thing...It's got a little guy on top of em there, maybe it's like some...evil postman. I saw NiGHTS latched onto him, like he was gonna loop around him {And maybe throw him...} so I don't know.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Keep an eye on NeoGaf for us and post up the Famitsu scan as soon as it goes up plz.

Oddly i'm still really excited at the prospect of seeing Wizeman in new graphics as the Maren are looking great.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Wow it looks beautiful!
Very Kingdom Hearts-ish though ^^" I'd kinda been doubting the new game after seeing the same old blocky screens for so long. But these just make me want to go run out and buy the game now xD
Now I can understand why the mags have meant about these amazing graphics all the time!
Ok in the in game shot from the back she does look a bit blocky but still the CG scenes are WOW.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Oooh, Helen! Funny, I thought she'd be little-girl frilly- you know, long pink dress with frills on the straps. This is much better than that. And ooh, those are FMV? So much nicer than what i was expecting from the Wii. Ooh, just... -flail- Love! <3 (Especially her shoes XD)

Though, her head looks a little odd on her body. Too wide maybe? o_o

Edit: Also, her being Cartwright means that I'm always going to think of her as Annie. XD

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
It looks as though there is a new Ideya Palace. The Pre-rendered shots look amazing, and thank God the ingame graphics look better! Hopefully the next shot will show Kevin or Wizeman! BTW, Happy Independence Day to all Americans! Go eat some BBQ-ed foods and try not to burn anything with your fireworks! I hope we have some good hamburgers... mmmmm...

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I am so excited for this it isnt even funny.
Actually, the way I feel about it, it could be a totally sh!t game but Id still love every minute of it.

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
Um...does anyone get the feeling that Kevin might look like David Beckham only with more hair?

Also, i can't wait to see more! The graphics are beautiful! ;) They'll go to waste on my tiny TV...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. not bad. not bad.. Think we'll get actual game footage at E3?

Edit: That is, if they even surprise us with any NiGHTS info at all..

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Aw, she's so cute! :3
I'm so excited to learn more and I'm happy to see some new pics!

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
It certainly looks like the old version of NiGHTS.... However, I'm still worried that Sega will switch the game around too much.

MYSTiCCOOKiE

MYSTiCCOOKiE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Costumes, sewing and petsites ^^
Hmm I've been comparing it too the old screenshots...they've definately made him more purple...he was more blueish before. And his leg tats aren't as noticable anymore. We just need to see a new pic of his face, hopefully they got rid of his tranny lashes!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Goddamnit, I need to find a wii and fast. These screens have only strengthened my resolve. There is also much relief on my part that the graphics are looking better. At least even if they mess up a whole lot of other things, (and its starting to look like they won't) We can call the graphics good/okay. *lets out breath she was holding*

...Is anyone else loving the idea of NiGHTS with peacock feathers? >.> ;)

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
This new scan just makes me think Re-make, but set in ye olden times, more and more.
  • Claris with here singing - Helen and her Violin.
  • NiGHTS ontop of the Tower in the moonlight doing is thang
  • Helen running away from RANDOM NIGHTMAREN (ala intro cutscene)

Of course, there's plenty new stuff. The (assumedly) Ideya Palace looks more like a cage than before.. but I loved the old design.
There also seems to be alot of Bird action going on in Splash Garden, and there seems to be some small man riding the bird that NiGHTS has latched onto in the bottom screen.
I wonder if the birds are Minion Nightmaren, or Dream gimmicks.

But look ! Score Rings ! ;)

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Two more things that I didn't mention/rant about:

- Helen looks like Elliot from Scrubs

- Metal Gear Maren (check out the hot bottom middle)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

Translations, people. Get the mother f*!*ing translators in here now to figure out what all that says please. Although it may look pretty, i wanna know exactly what is being said about Helen.
And, holy sh!t look at that. We got the name right after all. I wonder how that happened? o.o

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in there "hurting it does not". ^.^
Freakin awesome. This game will be awesome, that's what this article says to me.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Nice screen. Glad to see scrreenshots that aren't quite so beta-esque. Some of the images also give us e better idea of the art direction and I must say, I like. As for Helen, she doesn't look as bad as I thought she would. In fact, she looks alright, but that doesn't change the fact that the first thing that popped in my head when I saw her was "Children of the Corn". Oh well. It's not like she's the star of the game anyway.

Tristam

Tristam

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
These in-game screenshots are definitely improved. One of the shots is confusing though -- Helen is looking up at NiGHTS but NiGHTS is definitely in an Ideya Capture, not the palace.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I'd like to see if anyone can look at this and tell me that Sonic Team isn't working their asses off.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.

- Helen looks like Elliot from Scrubs

...Wow.. you're right. That just spawned an armada of insanity in my head.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Kweeee~~ zomg, zomg, zomg. *_____* This totally made my night! I can't wait to see more of the article. <3's~

Tristam

Tristam

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I'd like to see if anyone can look at this and tell me that Sonic Team isn't working their asses off.

Don't go to GAF then, because I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you. The second the magazine scan was posted the trolls came out of the woodworks. It's not so much that it's NiGHTS -- it's because it's on the Wii, and the same faces show up in every topic regarding games on the Wii.

By the way, isn't there a resident translator in the NiGHTS community? I'd love to know what the article says. :lol:

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Don't go to GAF then, because I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you. The second the magazine scan was posted the trolls came out of the woodworks. It's not so much that it's NiGHTS -- it's because it's on the Wii, and the same faces show up in every topic regarding games on the Wii.

By the way, isn't there a resident translator in the NiGHTS community? I'd love to know what the article says. :lol:

GAF? Anyways, like I said, this is the perfect oppurtunity for "hurting it does not".

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Who knows. That crazy good-looking Sonic game on the X-Box looked really nice, like they were "working their asses off", but was supposedly really shitty. Sooo.. No, I guess it doesn't prove anything, but this still makes me feel a lot better about it.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Who knows. That crazy good-looking Sonic game on the X-Box looked really nice, like they were "working their asses off", but was supposedly really shitty. Sooo.. No, I guess it doesn't prove anything, but this still makes me feel a lot better about it.

Yes, but SatSR looked good and rocked. And it was on the Wii. I look into the past, and see that Sonic team has been more Nintendo oriented for quite a while. Compare Sonic Rush to Sonic Rivals. Then compare the Gamecube version of Sonic Heroes to other versions.

Tristam

Tristam

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

GAF? Anyways, like I said, this is the perfect oppurtunity for "hurting it does not".

NeoGAF, where the scans came were originally posted.

But until I get a translation, hurting it does.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
It's certainly looking a bit better than what it was on the previous screenshots. I'm loving that "Random Maren!" one. Those things look cool XD

Helen has a real nice design, save for her shoes which look not so nice, but in general, brilliant character design, there. I hope these dreamers get a bigger role in the game than what Elliot and Claris did in the original... for the ammount of love they got in fmv sequences, they never really did much in the game... ;_;

Speaking of whom, actually, I see Elliot and Claris' names mentioned on that white strip right at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately I can only recognise small ammounts of katakana so that doesn't really help much. It could be saying they got blown up in a horrible gardening accident for all I know. XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Yes, but SatSR looked good and rocked. And it was on the Wii. I look into the past, and see that Sonic team has been more Nintendo oriented for quite a while. Compare Sonic Rush to Sonic Rivals. Then compare the Gamecube version of Sonic Heroes to other versions.

A. Other than an early release, the GCN Sonic Heroes had nothing the others did not.

B. Sonic Rush was made by Dimps, Sonic Rivals was made by Backbone Entertainment. Rush was likely better because Dimps already had a few Sonic titles under their belt and good idea of what to do. Console hardware, let alone manufacturer, is not an indication of quality. Many games, good and bad, can attest.

C. "A game can look great in development and end up complete rubish, or it can be great" is what your response is telling me. This is common knowledge so i'm not sure what the rest or your post is trying to say. Now I'm all for optimism and if you opt for hope that's fine, but let others choose for themselves what to vouch for. Please, don't try to convince people to get excited, especially not with flawed logic.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
The FMVs look awesome. I'm very glad with how Helen turned out, and the new Ideya Shrine looks exquisite.

I see that Helen has a nightmare scene very much like those of Claris and Elliot. Hmm...

All in all, this looks fantastic. Great bit of PR work here.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Posted Image

It's William, not Kevin. Also not siblings, just blonds.

Eh, I hate the design.

http://img167.imagevenue.com/view.php?imag...1_122_172lo.jpg better quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users