Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

phosphorus's Content

There have been 81 items by phosphorus (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69622 ~Resident Evil 5 Discussion Thread~

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 08:00 AM in Community Corner

Rented it, got bored fast. It's not scary outside of random shock value. It irritates me how they had to set up the AI like they did to compensate for the controls. I don't see how anyone could speak so highly of this game.

"Competent at best"

#69621 Marvel Vs. CAPCOM 2 for XBLA is official!

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 07:56 AM in Community Corner

I'd like them to at least fix the infinites.

#69620 Rate Sonic Characters

Posted by phosphorus on 03 May 2009 - 07:53 AM in Community Corner

Silver... Oh man, there's a hard character to rate.

As he is, He's tied inexorably to the sci-fi bullcrap that makes the stories so cringe worthy. So that's not working for him.

His design has some good ideas, but it looks so awkward. The two large quills, the ones cantilevered off the back of his head, just seem way too big, and in spite of it, still can't seem to fill the space they're supposed to. His design being a problem is troubling, especially when the ideas they had going in were so good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's not clear what the second image is. It could either be a Super form, or a completely different image for the character. The most notable thing about the first image is that Silver's big quills are smaller, but just as wide, and his smaller quills tighten more. He's also doesn't have the Napoleon Dynamite boots.

I don't know what to make of his voice. His voice is a tad winy, and it seriously doesn't fit someone from such a dystopian future. It's not a bad voice, but still. I guess the real problem is that he's a fourteen-ish year old cartoon hedgehog from a dystopian future where the earth's crust seems to have given way to the mantel, so they're going to have a hard time getting anything to work.

#69276 Marvel Vs. CAPCOM 2 for XBLA is official!

Posted by phosphorus on 20 April 2009 - 08:00 PM in Community Corner

I hope they'll do some balancing fixing to it, because balance wise, it's a bit of a mess.

Either way, Awesome.

#69275 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 April 2009 - 07:55 PM in Community Corner

I think Cammy's Japanese VA was trying to imitate Cammy's Street Fighter 2 (CPS2) voice.

I was hopeing they would get the guy who did the voice for Guile in the dub of the animated Street Fighter 2 movie. You can't find many VA's who are willing to yell "SONIC BOOM" at the top of their lungs. But about the voice he actually got, Roy Mustang didn't really emote much, so there's no surprise there.

#69166 What did you feel?

Posted by phosphorus on 16 April 2009 - 07:11 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Voices just don't fit NiGHTS. They managed to completely stomp on any "open to interpretation" the game might have had, and the dialog was just so corny.

#69147 New Street Fighter Movie

Posted by phosphorus on 15 April 2009 - 04:22 PM in Community Corner

In the animated movie (which is excellent), Chun Li did a spinning bird kick by doing a handstand and spinning around.

This movie had a glorious 0% on rotten tomatoes, but then on critic had to ruin it by liking the thing.

#69139 Dragon Ball Live Action

Posted by phosphorus on 15 April 2009 - 09:20 AM in Community Corner

Bad, but in a boring way. You can't even watch it for laughs like the Van Damme Street Fighter movie.

Fails massively at everything. It's a bad adaptation, a bad movie, and a bad movie adaptation.

#69138 Need help using Alcohol 120%!

Posted by phosphorus on 15 April 2009 - 09:04 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

The Saturn can't read RW's unless you turn up the laser, which I can't recommend. It will read CR-R's, and it'll play them if you have a mod chip installed.

At this time, the Saturn's copy protection cannot be emulated, it must be bypassed, either by the swap trick or by a mod chip.

#69019 Team ICO Thread

Posted by phosphorus on 09 April 2009 - 05:36 AM in Community Corner

A movie can't contain SotC's story ark.
Spoiler

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the not-so-great Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells

Excuse my French, but... the f***? The writer from Legend of Chun-Li? How desperate could Sony be?

#68821 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 29 March 2009 - 07:44 PM in Community Corner

Are these the day 1 DLC costumes?

Chun-Li (****)-Cool looking dress that shows a lot of leg. Think Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4. It's a pretty cool costume.

This one kind or demonstrated to me how freakish Chun Li's legs have become. They look fine in her regular costume (darker colors make it fade into the background, and thus look smaller), but this one doesn't have that luxury. I've never really been a fan of Chun-Li though, so I don't care too much.

Zangief (****)-It makes him look like Mike Haggar which is awesome because the two characters fight pretty much exactly the same. Love this outfit.

I like this one two, but if this is something I'm paying extra for, I'd rather they went all the way and just made Haggar.

Seth (**)-What do you get when you give Seth his suit from the cutscenes and take away the top half? Pants! Seriously, it's just his pants and shoes. It would have been awesome to get the whole suit but I guess the programmers didn't want to cover his abdomen.

They could have just had his shirt unbuttoned and (if he had one) get rid of his tie.

Fei-Long (**)-He's wearing a speedo and some weird looking gloves with shoes. There are also some claw scratches on his body. I don't know what to make of this outfit. I want to say it references a Bruce Lee film but I don't know.

It's pretty much verbatim from a Bruce Lee movie. IIRC, the guy he was fighting was dressed a bit like Vega (Claw). I know for sure he had a claw like Vega's.

#68820 I wonder...

Posted by phosphorus on 29 March 2009 - 07:28 PM in Community Corner

It looks to me like if you were to pull it of, they'd blow into their thumb and another one would pop out of their head.

#68694 Sonic and the Black Knight

Posted by phosphorus on 26 March 2009 - 05:24 AM in Community Corner

Not to be a pessimist, but I'd advise you not get your hopes up quite yet. Ha, for all we know, the "suggestions" could just be Sonic Channel taking advantage of the dire straights the franchise is in to increase participation. I am interested to see where this goes, whether for the win or for the lulz (damit, that rhymed).

#68456 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 19 March 2009 - 07:47 AM in Community Corner

Yeah, if Seth starts to spam the teleport command throw combo there isn't much you can do.

spam standing jab. It's hilarious how often this will completely shut down the AI, especially against characters with no projectile.

Abel- Like his move set. He also has an awesome Ultra. Seriously, it's practically the Captain Storm. His super is strange though, if it wiffs or is blocked it looks like he was trying to glomp his opponent, but it's not a throw. Some of his moves are a bit of a pain to do with the correct timing on a 360 pad. Also, can you imagine the core strength required for him to do his command throw to Zangief?

C. Viper- She seems to simply not do enough damage. It's weird. She's more annoying than fun to use. Would be hilarious if her thunder grope was a super.

El Fuerte- I don't find him to be in good taste. I also find myself comparing him to El Blaze. El Fuerte is definitely not invincible beyond all imagination.

Rufus- He seems to me like the character designer just got lazy. I see no reason for this guy to be able to be able to what he does.

Seth- Looks really dumb. I would have preferred they make Urien this game's "big bad". Considering that this game is supposed to take place between II and III, it would have been the perfect time for Urien to become the president of the Illuminati. Instead, we get an army of clones to be used as bodies for Bison. I also find "compilation" characters to be really lame. Once again, Capcom has managed to disappoint me with almost laser like precision.

Gouken - Haven't had much time with him yet. His design seems... scatterbrained. His hurricane kick is his anti air, his DP goes forward, his Hadoken needs to be charged in order to do the same amount of damage as the others, and he has way too many moves.

Comboing into Ultras from focus attacks seems like a bit of a design flaw to me. I was dissapointed at the removal of having a selection of supers, but with the ability to combo into them, everyone would just use the one that does the most damage.

At first I thought Abel was going to be my favorite character (more than just his super reminds me of captain commando), but now I'm finding Sagat to be my favorite.

Could they have possibly made Guile's super/ultra harder to do? He's probably be my favorite if it weren't for that (America (f*** Yeah) plays in my head when I look at him). Its part of an overarching problem with this game, in spite of them knowing from day 1 that it was coming to the consoles, they still didn't design the game with the limitations of the regular controllers in mind.

#67728 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 20 February 2009 - 10:54 PM in Community Corner

My fightpad died. Lame.

#67704 Sonic Unleashed Screens

Posted by phosphorus on 19 February 2009 - 09:56 PM in Community Corner

I'm wondering if that's where the idea for Elise came from.

Eh, it was handled in a much more cartoony fashion back then. The SoA redesign is know as "Ass Face Sonic" around Sonic Retro.

#67667 Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

Posted by phosphorus on 19 February 2009 - 01:55 AM in Community Corner

I got one of those MadCatz "FightPads". It kind of looks like a Saturn Pad, but it's not as good. Apart from Arcade sticks, the Saturn Pad is the only controller I've ever used that never blamed for a loss, it's pretty much perfect. The FightPad is a definite upgrade over the regular 360 pad (and probably the PS3 pad as well), but there are a few problems with it. The D pad is much looser than the Saturn's, it's kind of tough to tell by feel where the cardinals end and the diagonals begin. The buttons feel the same as the regular 360, which I find to not be very good for this kind of thing. They aren't "smashy" enough. To be honest, it feels a bit over priced at $40 USD, but it's a lot cheaper than most arcade pads. I Haven't used one, but I'd probably recommend an EX2 over the fight pad. If you're hand with a Soldering Iron, you can buy a cheaper stick and replace the hardware with Sanwa parts. Much cheaper than the Tournament Edition.

I'm going to be looking around for arcade sticks. Come summer break (or maybe even spring break), I might rip the electronics out of a used EX2 and build my own pad. I happen to be pretty handy with a Soldering Iron.

#67636 Flower

Posted by phosphorus on 18 February 2009 - 11:10 PM in Community Corner

It's out, you know.

#67596 air nights

Posted by phosphorus on 18 February 2009 - 03:17 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'm somewhat irritated that there was never a NiGHTS game on the Dreamcast, it seems like that Console was designed specifically with a new NiGHTS game in mind.

#67595 Flower

Posted by phosphorus on 18 February 2009 - 03:13 AM in Community Corner

Gameplay Video.

It's an experience.

Tilt the controller to turn, press any button to blow wind.

#67337 Most Anticipated Titles

Posted by phosphorus on 08 February 2009 - 01:38 AM in Community Corner

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - Make sure you watch the second halve, when they turn off assistance.
The Klonoa remake
MadWorld
No More Heroes - Desperate Struggle
Street Fighter IV

#67160 Rate Sonic Characters

Posted by phosphorus on 03 February 2009 - 12:05 AM in Community Corner

I'm going to rate a relitivly new character: Chip

Chip got a good first impression with me, thanks to his appearance in "Night of the Werehog". It was amusing to see him frightened.

I liked him at first in Unleashed, he seemed... unobtrusive. That was until you find out his back story. It's some really dumb serious business from nowhere.

negative ten out of ten.

#66757 Journey of Dreams hacking stuff

Posted by phosphorus on 21 January 2009 - 06:34 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I recall hearing a bit about "Shadow NiGHTS", or something like that, was going to be included in JoD. It's been a while, though.

#66728 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by phosphorus on 20 January 2009 - 06:30 PM in Community Corner

Risky Ride Guitar Mix

#66727 SEGA are up to something.

Posted by phosphorus on 20 January 2009 - 06:12 PM in Community Corner

So, the site's been updated again, there's some stuff at the bottom, and it says something in Japanese when you click it. The mushroom also gets a lot bigger when you mouse over it.