Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

air nights

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

airnights

airnights

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:saturn n64 and snes
ok so hopefully you people know about the cancelled nights game air nights for dreamcast......does anyone happen to know of any screenshots?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I barely know anything about this game, but I don't think there are any screenshots of it. Actually I think the game was still a rumour until not so long ago.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah I dunno, I think anything concrete about the game is privy only to Sonic Team, never to be public. I sure would be extremely interested to see any part of the project they might have produced. I really hate that the Dreamcast of all consoles did not get a NiGHTS game. That was the game I was really hoping for besides Sonic Adventure. A sequel to NiGHTS. Felt like a sure thing. Naka was too chicken to try, and now look what happened.

airnights

airnights

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:saturn n64 and snes
yeah....I heard it was at one point going to be for saturn but got moved to dreamcast and was finally cancelled but the motion sensing technology it would have used went into samba de amigo.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Air NiGHTS was supposed to have been for the Saturn before the Dreamcast. They were talking about it years ago when the Dreamcast came out because fans wanted to know if NiGHTS was going to get a sequel on the DC. I remember it welll~ (and thinking Dreamcast for a NiGHTS game would have been a brilliant tie in of coincidental names).

It used a infrared plug in at the top of the analogue pad.

I'm sure there's an article on this website where either Iizuka or Naka talk a little more about Air NiGHTS... hmm

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Maybe you're referring to this interview of Iizuka

Nintendo Life: Years ago rumors came about, for a game called Air NiGHTS, a proposed sequel for the original game. Motion control was rumored to be the main idea for the game back then. Was Air NiGHTS a real game, and did it have any bearing on Journey of Dreams?
Takashi Iizuka: At the time SEGA had been playing with the idea of motion control on their consoles. Air Nights was a prototype game testing out the technology. Nothing came of it, and development stopped.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I completely agree: NiGHTS on the DREAMcast is just too awesome. XD

Sure, the quote said the project was "stopped". That means that the project had to be started... what do you all think is out there?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Its really too bad they did stop. With Naka still there at the time, it probably would have been way better a sequel than JoD was.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Its really too bad they did stop. With Naka still there at the time, it probably would have been way better a sequel than JoD was.

It would of been another usefull use for my dreamcast, other then looking back at sonic adventure, space channel 5, etc. but JoD could of been worse * but it's getting worser by the minute after hacking into the game and finding a planet,no,galaxy,no,universe full of lost stuff* i'm getting off track *shame on me :) *

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I'm somewhat irritated that there was never a NiGHTS game on the Dreamcast, it seems like that Console was designed specifically with a new NiGHTS game in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users