Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

charlie's Content

There have been 41 items by charlie (Search limited from 06-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99662 The Sonic Center Marathon including NiGHTS

Posted by charlie on 24 August 2012 - 04:23 AM in Community Corner

It was a great time and I was glad to be a part of it! I even did some karaoke to earn a few more donations for child's play :)

Below are links to the archived videos...make sure you check out the rest of the livestream as there are many more Sonic games to come! And make sure you donate! :)

Part 1
http://www.twitch.tv...ams/b/329653729

Part 2
http://www.twitch.tv...ams/b/329665145

Livestream Channel
http://www.twitch.tv/tsc_streams

#99661 More Early BETA Footage!

Posted by charlie on 24 August 2012 - 04:16 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

I remember seeing this video once before but I can't remember from where. It is a video response to one of my beta videos so maybe that's where...

#99660 Twelve Minutes of Footage

Posted by charlie on 24 August 2012 - 04:02 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I'll be honest, I'm a bit scared that I'm going to hate this re-release. It looks like the PS2 version and if that's the case I'm not sure if I'll give it much time. I'll definitely get it to see how it holds up, but right now I'm worried it won't live up to the expectations. I guess I'm asking for too much, but I hate to see such a cherished game handled so poorly. I hope they prove me wrong and blow my mind...

#99631 I may have found a picture of Selph

Posted by charlie on 11 August 2012 - 03:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Even though NiGHTS rebelled he is still considered a nightmaren, so I think this is just a plaque of Wizeman's nightmaren. NiGHTS and Reala are directly under Wizeman on his left and right, and it seems right because they are equals that turn on each other.

#99626 The Sonic Center Marathon including NiGHTS

Posted by charlie on 08 August 2012 - 09:28 PM in Community Corner

Thanks for clarifying Thorn! I just gave a donation to Child's Play in support! I think this is a great way to get the community together and raise some money for a good cause! :)

#99620 The Sonic Center Marathon including NiGHTS

Posted by charlie on 06 August 2012 - 07:23 PM in Community Corner

The Sonic Center (TSC) is planning to live stream almost every Sonic Team game out there, including NiGHTS into Dreams for the Sega Saturn and Journey of Dreams for the Wii.

To see the schedule or to become involved you can visit Thorn's topic here on TSC.

I will be helping out with the NiGHTS games so in preparation I have setup a TwitchTV channel here.

Since this is my first time live streaming I will be doing a few warm-up videos going for high scores. If you are interested in watching me play NiGHTS live please give me some feedback.

#99619 Leader Boards for Classic Re-releases?

Posted by charlie on 06 August 2012 - 02:37 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Anyone experienced what the leader boards, ranking etc on live/psn end up looking like when older classic games get a wide spread release ala Nights HD? Is it going to be a clean sweep of nid.com people or do you think there will be surprises? Maybe better players from other countries?!

I've got a feeling we will see a bunch of new players top the leaderboards. This will be the first time that anyone can submit their scores from around the world, and whenever I check out leaderboards on XBLA or PSN it always amazes me what people can achieve. The amount of competition will be more than we've ever had before.

#99546 Incoming Podcast tommorow!

Posted by charlie on 19 July 2012 - 02:38 AM in [ARCHiVED] Misc

You may have noticed the lack of promised podcast. This was due to me running off to America for 5 days ^_^; But I'm back home now and we'll be recording this weekend since we have a free day (and even more to chat about now since I went to Sonic Boom). Sorry about that!

Looking forward to it! You guys always do a good job :)

#99524 Which console will you be getting the port for?

Posted by charlie on 18 July 2012 - 12:17 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

All three! If I had to pick just one it would probably be 360 for the controller.

#99449 Campaign SUCCESS

Posted by charlie on 10 July 2012 - 01:42 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

23 seconds in

Watch how quickly the link is lost - this looks like a port of the ps2 version, which had many, albeit small, differences. http://nidscores.com/?page_id=439

Disappointing :(

Haha, that's a good one.

Seriously, you're the only one complaining. It looks exactly the same to me, and I have hundreds of hours logged in NiD. Not to mention, if you don't like it, there's going to be a playable Saturn version.

CROSSiNG, I have to completely agree with gsk. The game appears to be a port of the PS2 version, which was a good attempt at recreating the original game, but it has a lot of control issues. After playing it a few times I got so frustrated with the controls and lack of polish that I stopped playing it and went back to the Sega Saturn.

If SEGA takes the PS2 version and brings it to the PS3/360/PC it will allow more players to get involved and experience NiGHTS, but not in a scoreattack sense. The core game of NiGHTS is an arcade game and if they ruin the controls by slowing down NiGHTS and making certain links impossible it will not be as fun or lasting as the original. The Sega Saturn game was truly amazing in the sense that they put so much thought and care into every single link, so much so that only a handful of people truly recognize and appreciate it.

By the way, the Sega Saturn version on the PS2 is just the PS2 version with Saturn graphics, so the controls are identical to the PS2 version. It does not mean that it plays like the Saturn so I have to assume they are doing the exact same on the PS3/360/PC. Just because it's a Saturn version does not mean it is a port of the original.

I hope SEGA calls this a remake instead of a port because a port would mean taking the original code, and they are clearly rewriting it or borrowing from the PS2 version.

#99307 Finally, I can play NiD!

Posted by charlie on 06 July 2012 - 05:19 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

Congrats on getting a Saturn and the game!

Below is a video of how to get 2.0 on Clawz...Miles is the master at beating the bosses as fast as possible!

#99306 Campaign SUCCESS

Posted by charlie on 06 July 2012 - 05:06 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I found out before I went to work and I couldn't be happier!!! :)

It's great that so many more people will now have a chance to play the original game how it was intended.

Thanks and congrats to TRiPPY, DiGi and the rest of the forums for making this happen!

I must say it does appear to be a port of the PS2 version, with enhanced graphics, so I am hoping that Sega has a chance to see my comments on the PS2 version and how it can be improved this time around. Regardless, I'm excited that this project is moving forward!

#99218 Stick Canyon image appears on SEGA's Facebook ...

Posted by charlie on 04 July 2012 - 05:18 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

The thing that keeps you on the edge of your seat is that this image is very old so things become even more ambiguous.

Yeah I think a lot of people don't realize that this is an old image. It's from the original artwork when the game was released on the Saturn, although it does look like it's very high quality. With NiGHTS 16th anniversary tomorrow let's hope that they give us some more details. I would love an official port that is upres'd and released for the 360 or PS3.

#99055 When did you discover NiGHTS?

Posted by charlie on 02 May 2012 - 04:22 PM in Poll Area

I believe I was about 10 when I was first introduced to NiGHTS, although it was only for a brief moment. I later rediscovered NiGHTS when I was about 22...I wanted to remember what the game was I played so many years ago.

#99001 I had a few dollars so I thought I'd take a Journey

Posted by charlie on 12 April 2012 - 06:00 AM in Community Corner

I loooved this game! It was the only reason I turned on my PS3 in over a year (mind you, performing all of the system updates wasn't too much fun!)

I played it from start to finish along with another journeyer and it was one of the greatest experiences I've had in a game in a looong time.

#99000 Getting back into playing NiGHTS

Posted by charlie on 12 April 2012 - 05:32 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

So it's definitely been a while since I've posted here or even played NiGHTS into Dreams seriously....

Recently a new member joined my site nidscores.com and his username is Sir Spank A Lot...yes really :)

He managed to break the record on Elliot's dream of Xmas NiGHTS into Dreams and it stirred some competition within me.

We have been going back and forth on a couple records and a day or two ago I managed to break 700K which really surprised me! The old record was only just over 600K.

I just wanted to say how much I still love NiGHTS and sometimes we just need a good kick in the butt or some friendly competition to get us back in the dreamworld.

If you haven't played in a while make sure you get out your copy and spend some time flying around!

Enjoy the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPCnqlqUA8