Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally, I can play NiD!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I just finally got a Sega Saturn (saw one for a decent price, couldn't pass it up). So, naturally, I also bought NiGHTS Into Dreams.

I noticed that NiD is a bit more challenging than JoD, or at least it seems that way to me. For most of the levels, I'm still struggling to get C's. Guess I've got some practicing to do!

I'm also having some trouble getting decent scores on a few of the bosses, so I looked online for tips on improving my scores. I came across this guide at GameFAQs. When looking at information about the bosses in this guide, I saw this bit referring to the Clawz battle:

"There is a bug in NiGHTS where it never gives you the full 120 seconds you should, and they cut this boss so close, you can't get a 2.0. You usually get 117 seconds on the clock (okay, the final fight you do get 120 seconds)"

So now I'm curious...
Is it really impossible to score a 2.0 on Clawz? Or has anyone here managed to do it?

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
I've managed to do it. Is that a glitch present on every single version? Sounds weird, I've never heard anything about it....

(I'm selling a Christmas NiD if you want to complete your NiGHTS arsenal ;b )

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Congrats on getting a Saturn and the game!

Below is a video of how to get 2.0 on Clawz...Miles is the master at beating the bosses as fast as possible!

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I've managed to do it. Is that a glitch present on every single version? Sounds weird, I've never heard anything about it....

Oh, good!! It can be done!
I'm not sure if the glitch is present on every (or even any) version. I haven't noticed this glitch myself. If it's true at all, maybe it was only a problem for some copies (maybe early ones?). I have no idea...
It sounded weird to me, too, so I just had to ask about it.

Below is a video of how to get 2.0 on Clawz...Miles is the master at beating the bosses as fast as possible!

WOW! That is unbelievably fast. :o
So it is definitely possible-- just not easy (despite how easy the video made it look)! It must take a LOT of skill and practice to pull that off.

I have a long way to go, I'm terrible at fighting Clawz. :lol:
Practice, practice, practice...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I have the PS2 NiGHTS so I'm not sure if they fixed any glitches or not but the Saturn version that comes with it doesn't do the 117 glitch you mentioned as far as I could tell.

Congrats on getting a Saturn and the game!

Paralooping? That's pretty smart actually. Seems tricky though.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
well, getting 2.0 on the bosses requires you to do paraloops on the strangest places.
i recall when i first figured out i had to paraloop around Gillwing instead of just bumping into him.

tough at first, but its very satisfying when you pull it off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users