Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Campaign SUCCESS

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://blogs.sega.co...…/#more-14859

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Aw yeeeah.

NiD.com getting a plug in the SEGA Blog was nice too :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Posted Image

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
SEGA Blogs announces NiGHTS port is happening

And the trailer -

Making a new topic for this so people can talk about the success now that the speculating is all over.

Me and TRiP have known for a while, but do you know what feels good today? To see the response. I never expected such a huge response. I know the fans are passionate but seriously, the last 30 minutes have been utterly breath taking to witness.

You guys all deserve a round of applause for being involved in this campaign and helping it get the attention it deserves. Congratulations, everybody. We did it! ^_^

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I've said this elsewhere but I see no reason not to say it again.

I CAME RAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Aww yeah! Best thing to wake up to EVER!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Right squealing aside, we need to make this SPREAD.

I'm going to need all of you guys to do your absolute best at getting this news around to everyone.

It's already trending on Twitter #NiGHTS HD so keep that up.

Put it all over your social networking sites, blogs and websites.

push push push.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I CAME RAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!

Posted Image

But really, WOW. It's about time! So happy right now, and there's a lot of people around the web excited for this, too! This is gonna be huge!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Posted Image

But really, WOW. It's about time! So happy right now, and there's a lot of people around the web excited for this, too! This is gonna be huge!

I have an image that i have to show you later relevant to this discussion. Very NSFW though.

Anyways, this actually came completely out of left field. If anyone's been keeping up with Sega news, they kinda of shuttered the doors of most of their EU studios recently in an internal restructing move. See here: http://www.theverge....roughout-europe

Focusing on four key franchises: Sonic, Football Manager, Total War, and Aliens. When I read that, that little voice inside me that said "Anything's possible" clammed completely up. Had lost hope for anything like this ever happening.

That's exactly why when I saw this announcement this morning, I...well, you know what I did. Because it was, at this point, the LEAST expected thing ever.

Come on in for a hug, everyone. Let's do this.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm so happy! I'm going to get it on my PS3 AND my laptop! I'll finally be able to play a NiGHTS game everywhere! =D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
NiGHTS Sega forum GOOOOO http://forums.sega.c...-into-Dreams-HD

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I'm absolutely ecstatic that this is finally happening! All the years of our hard work are finally paying off! Not only that, but better than we expected. You are ALL to be congratulated. Every last one of you who put in even the smallest effort helped make this dream come true. We ALL did this together. I am proud to say that I am part of such a community that cares so much about this wonderful game. Slowly but surely, a new generation of NiGHTS fans will come to know and love the game just as we have for all these years. Who knows? Maybe if we're lucky somewhere down the line we will get a new NiGHTS game! Hopefully it will turn out better than the last one, but it would still be nice to have in general. In closing, well done ladies and gentlemen! Go forth and spread the word of this wonderful news and then go play your Saturns and/or Wiis till you pass out!

Draikin

Draikin

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Right squealing aside, we need to make this SPREAD.

I'm going to need all of you guys to do your absolute best at getting this news around to everyone.

It's already trending on Twitter #NiGHTS HD so keep that up.

Put it all over your social networking sites, blogs and websites.

push push push.

I'll definitely spread the word, not just because I consider NiGHTS to be the best game I've ever played, but also because I want to see Panzer Dragoon return as well. And the more NiGHTS sells, the better of a chance we'll have at seeing more Saturn games rereleased. We could probably use some updated banners now that the rerelease has been confirmed :)

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
This is simply amazing. If only they'd do this last year to slide it in alongside Lucid Dreaming ;D
Great news, I'm really excited to be a NiGHTS fan right now.

I don't really want a new game, to be honest. I don't think it's required. A serious NiGHTS game would need a lot of veteran fan input, though that is, not only biased, but everyone has a different view on everything. I say no new NiGHTS game.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I AM EXCITE.

BHSoren

BHSoren

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have never been more excited to fly through some loops. My body is ready.

So...Christmas NiGHTS dlc? :D

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

So...Christmas NiGHTS dlc? :D

We asked Sega whether the Christmas NiGHTS content would be part of the HD re-release, and were told, "Can't confirm anything about that yet." We have to keep an eye out in "the coming weeks," as Sega has "a lot of stuff in the air right now for this year."

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I registered to this forum today to celebrate this monumental event. I also have a couple questions for TRiPPY about this re-release if she is comfortable answering them.

1.) What kind of involvement do you have with this port?

2.) Seeing as this is a port of the PS2 release, will any of the issues listed here be addressed?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
*hugs everybody* I love you all.

For the longest time I've been wanting to play this game. To experience the wonder that it has to offer.

Now we can and I'm crying tears of joy.

Let's spread the word people! ^_^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hi Duplex,

Unfortunately I don't have the authority to comment on questions directly regarding elements of the game which have not been officially commented on by SEGA themselves. I'm in an odd (but awesome!) situation where I'm both a fan and work for them. So in terms of project my lips are zipped.

Glad to have you here though :)

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
its finally back!
i saw the post on SEGA's facebook page this morning, and i spent the whole day thinking of playing NiGHTS when i got home from work, and then THIS happens! XD

i had no idea there was such a campaign to begin with, i've been away from the comunity for so long. XD
i can only thank everyone that made this possible, so, THANK YOU!

hoping for some online multiplayer support! the split screen on the original was craaaaaazy!

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
ALHSLFKJHEP:OADJLKMDNLKJGSH:FOIJRW FLAIL on the one hand, I am SO. SO. Excited and Happy. I have been waiting for this... and I am thrilled that I am finally going to get to play a game that inspired me by character design and concept alone. My second reaction though, was AAAAASEGA Y U LEAVE WII USERS OUT IN THE COLD AFTER WE BOUGHT JOD??? SOBCRY
But.... well it's one more reason for me to get a PS3 one of these days... and when I do, I am buying NiGHTS and Journey and I'm not coming back to the real world until I am bloody good and ready.

Congratulations, everyone! This is a truly awesome day.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Well, I'm currently out of a computer at the moment so I'm using my PS3 to just say "YES YES YES!". Especially with TRiPPY working on this you know it'll be good!

Christmas NiGHTS DLC if it's not already there please. Now if only I had money...SEGA is releasing so much good stuff at once...

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
If the Christmas NiGHTS portion of the game does make it in, I hope we'll get "Sonic into Dreams" in there as well, complete with classic Sonic, Santa Eggman and Sonic CD's final boss music.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I found out before I went to work and I couldn't be happier!!! :)

It's great that so many more people will now have a chance to play the original game how it was intended.

Thanks and congrats to TRiPPY, DiGi and the rest of the forums for making this happen!

I must say it does appear to be a port of the PS2 version, with enhanced graphics, so I am hoping that Sega has a chance to see my comments on the PS2 version and how it can be improved this time around. Regardless, I'm excited that this project is moving forward!

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Since I first started playing NiGHTS only recently, I haven't been a part of this community for very long. So I haven't had to wait as long for this as many of you have, but I am still very happy to see that it has happened!! I definitely wanted to see NiGHTS Into Dreams become more easily available. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would love this game, but simply haven't discovered it yet. I hope this port will bring many more fans for NiGHTS! =)

This sums up my response to the news quite nicely.

Thank you Sega, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!
And congratulations to NiGHTS and to all NiGHTS fans! What a wonderful anniversary surprise!! :D

Admittedly, though, I am a bit disappointed to not see it for the Wii. The 3DS would have been nice too-- it would have been awesome to play NiD with 3D graphics! But it really doesn't matter in the end. This is still a great success!

I don't have an XBOX or a PS3, but I will happily buy and play the PC version to show my appreciation and support. Just probably not right away (it figures we get this exciting news right after I finally buy the original game & a Saturn to play it on... what great timing I had! :rolleyes:). I know one of my friends will be getting it to play on his XBOX, too.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NiGHTS!! :D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just found this out now, and we had no idea this was happening but this NiGHTS port is also being released in Japan too! O_O

Official mini website and everything - http://nights.sega.jp/nights1/hd/

This campaign went EVERYWHERE! I had no idea Japan was getting this too. This is brilliant news. This means so many more sales and chances for people to finally try NiGHTS! ^___^

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Now that we're in full swing and I'm over the initial wave of blissful shock and awe, something even more awesome has occurred to me.

This is getting released on PSN, XBLA, and PC. Which means they likely share a common code base and assets. Depending how that works out, and how accessible the game data is on the PC port, I'm wondering about the possibility of modifications. Can I dream of texture swaps, model edits, different music, and new stages or routes once the more inclined get their hands on it?

And now back to patiently waiting with my credit card(s) and multiple PSN & XBOX Live accounts at the ready. And my Steam account for good measure.

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I look forward to the mods. Finally, the opportunity to fly around the world of Nightopia as Puffy.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
Gah! XD

i'd never have the guts to modify and mess with the purity of the game!

then again, only the best stuff gets parodies made out of them i suppose...

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
If it will make you feel better, we might be able to put in our own dreamers, specifically ourselves.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
This requires ART!

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

ALHSLFKJHEP:OADJLKMDNLKJGSH:FOIJRW FLAIL on the one hand, I am SO. SO. Excited and Happy. I have been waiting for this... and I am thrilled that I am finally going to get to play a game that inspired me by character design and concept alone. My second reaction though, was AAAAASEGA Y U LEAVE WII USERS OUT IN THE COLD AFTER WE BOUGHT JOD??? SOBCRY
But.... well it's one more reason for me to get a PS3 one of these days... and when I do, I am buying NiGHTS and Journey and I'm not coming back to the real world until I am bloody good and ready.

Congratulations, everyone! This is a truly awesome day.

i supose that if the game supports HD resolutions, putting it on the Wii wouldnt do much. it would just be a direct port from the ps2 version.

Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
As for releasing it on the Wii, people are missing the most obvious reason this cannot happen - its a digital release.

Its perfectly normal for PSN/XBLA/Stream releases to be large sizes. I would expect this game to be at LEAST 300MB, likely more. As while they can compress the CD audio into lossy formats (I wish they wouldn't) the video files will be a lot bigger than on the original as they will at LEAST be full SD.

Quite frankly, it can't be done as a digital release on Wii. Its a shame as I think its a good idea, even if I wouldn't get it on there (if JoD had been on Xbox I might not even own a Wii) but Nintendo are poor at opening up their consoles later on its life. They really should allow you to run stuff directly from SD cards or even USB sticks, but they don't. As such, nothing too big to fit in the built-in memory can be released digitally, its a real bummer.

Hopefully they will do it later as a digital release on WiiU/3DS/Vita, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for the ACTUAL release, I have high hopes that as TRiPPY is involved that it will be a much superior release to the PS2 version. Hopefully they can refine the game so it plays more like the original as while I still enjoyed the PS2 version, I didn't have anyone to compete with on that version. If this new release still has the problems chaining links, it will really spoil it for me as I pretty much sucked at it to begin with so the PS2 changes meant I couldn't chain links at all any more.

However everyone is assuming this is just a port from the PS2, I'm not so sure it is. I thought SEGA had long since informed us they didn't have the PS2 source code so it would have to start from scratch?

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.

i supose that if the game supports HD resolutions, putting it on the Wii wouldnt do much. it would just be a direct port from the ps2 version.

Honestly, being able to play it period is more important to me than being able to play it in HD. Direct port of the PS2 version? I'll take it.

EDIT: Alex- I see. I pretty much have no conception of how much memory a given thing takes, (nor do I know how much is on my Wii) so this never would have occurred to me. But I went with it because it was part of the campaign.

Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
On the other hand, I would think that considering how much SEGA has supported the Wii with exclusives that a retail release would not be out of the question.

On the other side of the fence, I REALLY wish they would give us a HD release of Sonic Colors as that game is the best Sonic game I have played in years, but I HATE playing it in fugly SD.

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
The Wii is on its last breath. It would be more sound for Sega to just release the NiGHTS remake on the Wii U instead. It's the only choice they have now considering the company's new focus on digital content.

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
What would be better to get, a ps3 or an xbox 360? I really want this game!

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Honestly, being able to play it period is more important to me than being able to play it in HD. Direct port of the PS2 version? I'll take it.

yeah, i can relate to that. its just that in the trailer they released, when they announce the playable Saturn version you can see the borders on the screen.
sure, i'll be super happy to play it regardless of how it turns out, but i also wish that they make the best job they can.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that NiGHTS IS BACK, BABY AND I THINK I NEED TO CHANGE MY PANTS

Hopefully this will sell well enough to encourage a new game.

EDIT: Damn, some of the comments on the blog post are painful to read.

"I'm happy with this announcement, but I'd be happier if they'd release Anarchy Reigns before 2013." -facepalm-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users