Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Random JOD though of the day?

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Me again,with another thought:
I just saw the new picture of
Reala.*Takes out a shield to defend
myself from Reala fangirls*
And I gotta say,did you guys see his nails!?
Dude,those were some pretty odd nails....I wonder if NiGHTS has nails.
I mean if Reals has nails,why not NiGHTS? ;)

Its because NiGHTS doesn't want to have to look after them and get them all manicured. :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Maaaybe that's the reason he has gloves now..

Sonic Team:
"So.. do we give NiGHTS nails?"
"I dunno.. should we..?"
"Dammit, we'll never figure this out.."
"Wait, I know.. how about white gloves?"
"White gloves.. of course.. you're a genius! Such innovation!"
"Aww shucks"

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
*giggles* I wonder how NiGHTS would look with claws? Hmmm....*picture NiGHTS with claws* That would probably scare little children! ^_^ Besides NiGHTS might accidently poke Helen or William's eyes out! ^_^

NiGHTS: Come on Will lets go get that key!

William: Ok!

NiGHTS:..... *Reaches for Will's hand, but accidently stabs him in the eye*

William: AHHH!! OMG!! MY BLOODY EYE!!!!!!

NiGHTS: Woops!!! *flies away as quickly as possible*

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
I'm guessing since NiGHTS will appear on a Nintendo console, Mario had to had a little effect on our little dream demon, with the gloves and all. :P

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Why doesn't NiGHTS's hat fall of when going upside down?

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Because NiGHTS is made of magnets....

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

A wizard did it!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Random thought: What is NiGHTS' social status in Nightopia and Nightmare?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
He/She is the king/queen of dance clubs, kinda like Paris Hilton

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
-_- Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Oct 13 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*giggles* I wonder how NiGHTS would look with claws? Hmmm....*picture NiGHTS with claws* That would probably scare little children! ^_^ Besides NiGHTS might accidently poke Helen or William's eyes out! ^_^

NiGHTS: Come on Will lets go get that key!

William: Ok!

NiGHTS:..... *Reaches for Will's hand, but accidently stabs him in the eye*

William: AHHH!! OMG!! MY BLOODY EYE!!!!!!

NiGHTS: Woops!!! *flies away as quickly as possible*[/quote]

I had to laugh out loud to this one. Specially with the last line. What happened to getting the key?
XD. Being that i am in a computer lab, of course I attracted attention.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thought: I'm going to be so nervous to see the reviews of JoD.

New thought: Sega really should have a worldwide simultaneous release of JoD. The fact that many of us here will be playing the game months before others can is just.. dang.. I mean, won't European gamers just try finding other versions of the game to try and play?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

New thought: Sega really should have a worldwide simultaneous release of JoD. The fact that many of us here will be playing the game months before others can is just.. dang.. I mean, won't European gamers just try finding other versions of the game to try and play?

Well, yes, but you need either a chipped or an imported machine to be able to play it.

Though of the day: Avoiding spoilers will be insanely difficult, because I can't very well avoid the forums since I'm part of the crew >_O

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Well, yes, but you need either a chipped or an imported machine to be able to play it.

Though of the day: Avoiding spoilers will be insanely difficult, because I can't very well avoid the forums since I'm part of the crew >_O

Granted. There's gonna be at least a few who wouldn't be stopped by such obstacles, I reckon

(sorry for double post- I wagered my options and threw caution to the wind.. or something..)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
JoD thought of the day: There should be a NiGHTS-themed ride at an amusement park somewhere. One of those cool rollercoasters that angle you forward and let you dangle as if you were flying. That'd be awesome.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

JoD thought of the day: There should be a NiGHTS-themed ride at an amusement park somewhere. One of those cool rollercoasters that angle you forward and let you dangle as if you were flying. That'd be awesome.

I agree!!! ^_^

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Yeah totally! It would be all *Woooosh! Ahhhhhh!*

(I wouldnt ride it though, Im afraid of rollercoasters)

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Yeah, but it should be independant, and not with other people on the same ride.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I had to sketch this. (The cohesiveness of the ride drawn here not withstanding)

Posted Image

I'm not generally a roller coaster person, but a NiGHTS coaster would be tempting.

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Somebody get me the king of all amusement parks on the phone... Quick!!!

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Yeah totally! It would be all *Woooosh! Ahhhhhh!*

(I wouldnt ride it though, Im afraid of rollercoasters)

I'm afraid of rollercosters too, but I would ride it just because of Its NiGHTS theme!!! ^_^

*gasps* Awesome sketch design Viperxmns!!! I would ride that coster until I have a heart attack and if I die, I'll die happy!!! ^_^

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I had to sketch this. (The cohesiveness of the ride drawn here not withstanding)

Posted Image

I'm not generally a roller coaster person, but a NiGHTS coaster would be tempting.

Thats great idea, I think. Im sure builders would look close to the saftey measures though. I havent yet to see a rollar coaster that lets single riders go with legs hanging free like that. But it looks fun from here ^w^

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted Image

I would LIVE on that thing. That made my day.

It should have four unique paths too, and a NiGHTS merchandise stand right outside of it where you can also get pictures from when you were in flight XD

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I would LIVE at the merchbooth, lol.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

I would LIVE at the merchbooth, lol.

*gasps* Oh Oh if you don't mind sharing, I wants to live in the Merchbooth too!! ^_^

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
:o Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Oct 16 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*gasps* Oh Oh if you don't mind sharing, I wants to live in the Merchbooth too!! ^_^[/quote]
Meh, I'll steal the merch stand and keep it at my house.... ;)

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Aaaand I hope at the merch stand they have the NiGHTS pez dispensers that viper sketched a while ago, along with every NiGHTS product you ever wanted. Endless plushies, video games, Saturns, promo stuffs, the works :o

Here comes my next JoD thought, and this one's a long one.

Given the pick-up-and play simplicity of the original NiGHTS into Dreams, I was honestly surprised to never see SEGA release a similar version of it as an arcade game. I mean it works perfectly: about 10 minutes a game, timers, high scores, a basic story to hold it all together, infinite replayability, and above all else it's easy to learn yet hard to master. Given how Sega's been on the upswing recently in the home/arcade market (Afterburner: Black Falcon, F-Zero GX/AX, Initial D Stage 3 [ported to PSP as "Street Stage"]), I wonder if an arcade version of Journey of Dreams (or even a NiGHTS arcade game independent from the console games) is feasible?

Otherwise I'll have no choice but to buy another Saturn and NiGHTS and build an arcade cab from scratch ^_^

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Otherwise I'll have no choice but to buy another Saturn and NiGHTS and build an arcade cab from scratch ^_^

I wouldn't mind one of those. MAKE PEOPLE PAY TO PLAY NiGHTS AWESOMENESS!!!!! :o

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
PLUSHIES! :o They should have chain plushies! ^_^

Anyway, NiGHTS does fit the Arcade theme, but what would the controls be? A controller? A joystick? A...gun?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Idea- VR NiGHTS, you go into this gyroscopic thing where they attach flexible cords to your limbs to suspend you, and you put on goggles and then you see the course from NiGHTS's perspective.. You do all the tricks with your actual body. Except, drill dashing and paralooping might make a person physically ill.. but I wonder if this idea is possible though

Separate idea- NiGHTS games that would come after JoD- would Wizeman be like Robotnik? Is NiGHTS gonna go through the same plotline every time? I would hope Sonic Team would find original stories to use with NiGHTS rather than pulling the same deal like with Sonic.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Anyway, NiGHTS does fit the Arcade theme, but what would the controls be? A controller? A joystick? A...gun?

If they ever give NiGHTS a gun then I'll probably have no reason to live and will go commit hara-kiri in front of Yuji Naka :blink:

Given the many different ways you could make NiGHTS work, I bet there are many options that would work well. Including probably a racing wheel (Sudden Random JoD thoughts: NiGHTS Racing? That'd be a badass game!). But I think a fully analog joystick and 3 buttons (drill dash, stunt left, stunt right) would do the trick if they kept true to the original NiGHTS gameplay.

Idea- VR NiGHTS, you go into this gyroscopic thing where they attach flexible cords to your limbs to suspend you, and you put on goggles and then you see the course from NiGHTS's perspective.. You do all the tricks with your actual body. Except, drill dashing and paralooping might make a person physically ill.. but I wonder if this idea is possible though

So, kinda like the NiGHTS minigame in Sega Superstars, taken to a whole new level. That. Is. Sick! If my arcade ever had that I'd make sure I had a coin line all to myself that wrapped around the arcade and out the door. Ah heck, I'd BUY the arcade and get it over with. Then I'd make it the USA equivalent of Sega Joypolis :D

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

(Sudden Random JoD thoughts: NiGHTS Racing? That'd be a badass game!). But I think a fully analog joystick and 3 buttons (drill dash, stunt left, stunt right) would do the trick if they kept true to the original NiGHTS gameplay.

A NiGHTS Racing game would be so Awesome!!!! But Wizeman in a Go Kart, *pictures it*.... HAHAhahahaha!!! OMG that would be hilarious to see!!!! ^o^

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
Its because NiGHTS doesn't want to have to look after them and get them all manicured. :P
[/quote]

That...just might be it.You ARE a genius! :lol:

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
Random thought of the day: Will NiGHTS get scurvy? I mean, seriously. You never see him eating fruit.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

Random thought of the day: Will NiGHTS get scurvy? I mean, seriously. You never see him eating fruit.

Pfft. The only thing NiGHTS needs to eat is Pian Cake. :D

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
..but... Posted Image
Yes, this is my scurvy pose. I suppose Pans are high in vitamin C :/

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
^^^
o_O

Guest_Nephenee_*

Guest_Nephenee_*
  • Guests
What? You'd totally pose like that if you got scurvy.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

..but... Posted Image
Yes, this is my scurvy pose. I suppose Pans are high in vitamin C :/

OMG is he foaming at the mouth???! O.o;

Those Pians better be high in Vitamin C!!! ^_^

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Actually, if NiGHTS had scuuuuuuuuurvy, he'd be doing a little less foaming at the mouth and a little more dying from lack of bone structure.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I'd really like to hear more about these chains right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users