Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christmas Nights intro narration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Thoughtcrime82

Thoughtcrime82

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I'm a joker, I'm a gamer, I'm a midnight toker.
Saturn Christmas Nights intro featured narration by what sounded like a Japanese lady with a very high pitched voice, who clearly had learned American English as a second language (this is a guess, but my judgment is usually pretty astute when it comes to accents etc). Although some said it was annoying, I found this very charming and endearing.

In the HD version of Christmas Nights the intro is narrated by an English lady (again guessing but pretty sure). TBH I like both, the new narrator sounds very Christmassy - like she could narrate a sequel to Raymond Briggs' The Snowman.

I'm wondering which version featured as the PS2 Christmas Nights intro?

Also wondering if anyone knows the reason for this change/if they got someone new in for the HD version?

Thanks in advance for replies ;)

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
Well since the PS2 version was a Japanese only release, so neither of the english narrations were used.
The PS2 version uses the original, Japanese Saturn narration.

supersonic25730

supersonic25730

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Memes, Christmas, SEGA, Sonic, & the Mother series. But not the first one. It sucked.

Saturn Christmas Nights intro featured narration by what sounded like a Japanese lady with a very high pitched voice, who clearly had learned American English as a second language (this is a guess, but my judgment is usually pretty astute when it comes to accents etc). Although some said it was annoying, I found this very charming and endearing.

In the HD version of Christmas Nights the intro is narrated by an English lady (again guessing but pretty sure). TBH I like both, the new narrator sounds very Christmassy - like she could narrate a sequel to Raymond Briggs' The Snowman.

I'm wondering which version featured as the PS2 Christmas Nights intro?

Also wondering if anyone knows the reason for this change/if they got someone new in for the HD version?

Thanks in advance for replies wink.gif

I'm assuming they changed it because the original was so awful. It sounded like she was being held at gunpoint and forced to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users