Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hard game bosses

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
what bosses do you find nigh on impossible?

Like this kinda hard?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say Bomamba. XD I've A ranked her but god, how many tries did that take...?

I also have a LOT of trouble with the first form of the Biolizard from SA2. I still haven't beaten him, in fact. But not for lack of trying. >_> EFFIN RIVERS.

Taboo from Brawl's OHKOs puts him on my list. >_> Jerk. (I suck at dodging)

Hmm... Who else.. Oh! Inferno from Soul Calibur used to piss me off so much. Now I'm pretty good at kicking his butt due to years of punishment.

People have told me that Ansem and Sephiroth from the first KH are hard... they did give me a lot of trouble but it only took a few tries for the both of them for me. This may not sound like much until I add in the fact I don't own a ps2 and had never played KH before I fought them. I was trying it on a whim after watching a friend fail repeatedly at kicking first Ansem's, and then Sephiroth's butts. Apparently she'd been stuck for months. (she was very mad when I did it so easily XD) As a result of Ansem's fight, though, saying 'SUBMIT!' is now one of my berserk buttons. GRRRRRR STOP SAYING THAT YOU ASS.

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed. Not only is he inhumanly hard but the fight also really annoys me. Riiiight we're fighting a weird serpent like creature with a grampa beard, in a giant mecha made out of ancient temples. Since when is Sonic a f*cking Power Ranger?>___<" Must have missed out quite a lot with not playing Sonic 06. And then there's Helga from Phantasy Star Portable. It really made sad and angry when I couldnt beat her the first few times I've faced her, because the storyline really mad me hate her with an insane passion. Dunno anymore what my problem was though.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Fighting Henry in No More Heroes on Bitter (The highest difficulty):

He's already hard...But on Bitter he's just an ass! Plus he has a one hit kill move.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Like this kinda hard?

Are you kidding me? Jesus, it's like somebody was watching the visualizer on iTunes and said "Hey, lets make people doge this!"

Anyway, the hardest boss I ever fought was easily Magaki from King of Fighters XI. He gives whole new meaning to the term SNK boss syndrome. Here are some bosses who give/gave me serious fits.

-Mizar (Jet force Gemeni)
-Azel (God Hand)
-Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
-Most every major SNK boss
-M. Bison (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
-Gill (Street Fighter 3)
-Z-Gradt (Virtual On: Operation Moongate)
-DMD Nightmare (Devil May Cry)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Lemmie see...

Hard Bosses

Grunty - Banjo-Kazooie
HAG1 - Banjo-Tooie
Biolizard - SA2/SA2:Battle
Flash - Chao Karate
Culex - Super Mario RPG
Bonetail - Paper Mario 2
Dark Samus/Aurora Unit - Metroid Prime 3
Deadbeard - Golden Sun
Star Magician - Golden Sun 2
Dullahan - Golden Sun 2
Doom Dragon - Golden Sun 2
Big Daddies (on Hard at the beginning of the game) - Bioshock

But I have to give my "Most Sickeningly Hard Boss" Award to...

Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla from Sonic and the Secret Rings, because that fight makes my arms hurt.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say Bomamba. XD I've A ranked her but god, how many tries did that take...?

I love Bomamba! I fight her when I'm bored and want a fun game. :D

I didn't like Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time. Not only was it annoying to find the real phantom in the painting, but it took so long to bop his light balls back at him without dying. It was like, "You're finally adult Link! NOW DIE!" :D

Molgera from Wind Waker was really annoying, too. I hated those little mini-me things that would jump in an out of the sand, preventing you from tarbgeting the real boss. Plus, I get eaten whenever I was close enough to his tongue to grab it.

I can't beat Evila in Space Channel 5. For some reason, I'm always a tiny bit off.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I hated, hated Kaileena at the end of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Incredibly repetitive and any mistakes will cost you dearly.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
my most hated bosses hmm....

the one that jumps out straight away is the stupid end boss in Eternal Champions on the megadrive >:[ He really really was the definition of annoying. He had 3 forms. And you only had one crappy health bar!

Also hate Motaro in Mortal Kombat, i mean wtf he's half horse. How the hell do you even punch a horse.

I always found the first stage of the Bio Lizard a lot harder than the bit when you're in space. Those balls you have to jump on.... rggggghhh.

Evila is one of my favourite bosses XD I remember her entire dance/song off by heart like lyrics so i never get hit.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I dunno if this is actually considered a boss, but the other chao you race in the jewel races of sonic adventure dx. I need those last 5 damned emblems and I swear the other players spiked their fruit with speed or something, these chao are ungodly fast o___o I'm near to maxing out some of my stats too, and I'm still finishing in 7th or 8th place. Crazy chao on speed, I swear it Dx

edit;;

I always found the first stage of the Bio Lizard a lot harder than the bit when you're in space. Those balls you have to jump on.... rggggghhh.

AMEN. That part of the stage made me want to just shove the controller down biolizard's throat. ffffff

Aside from the chao, I'd have to say...

Queen Bella (fff i hate her so much)
Jackle. I swear something is wrong with my copy of NiD, I cannot beat Jackle at all, I can't destroy the cape or hit him or anything o___O
Clawz. Ehhh his is one of the harder bosses imo.
That final eggman thing in sonic's story from SA1. Egg Viper or whatever. I hate the music and its just annoying. xD
Chaos 4 (I think? Its the one where you're in the water.) I always sink and its just a mess :S
The final boss from Billy Hatcher. FFFF that raven is such a pain in the ass.
I used to have this Yu-Gi-Oh game a long time ago and the final boss to it was just so.....unimaginably hard o__O
There is this rainbow orb thing from FF9 that you fight on a side quest, its harder than the final boss himself. I don't even think its worth it to attempt it.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
What springs to my mind of Radiant Silvergun (yeah I'm one of the psychos who bought a copy for $150). The last boss is literally God. Note that the guy playing in that video has serious skills because that is ONE TOUGH BOSS! Fortunately in arcade mode you can continue infinitely? But he's a pain!

The only King of Fighters game I own King of Fighters 2002/2003 on the Xbox. I've not beaten either of them without dying. I haven't played a ton but those guys are a PAIN.

Oh, the FIRST BOSS from Sonic 2 on Game Gear is ULTRA TOUGH! Way too hard for a first boss; if memory serves it's harder than the last boss. I've beaten him but so much of the battle is luck that I'll still lose when I try to play. I'm generally awesome at Sonic!

It's not technically a "boss" (although colloquially a "boss song") but DDR's Pluto Relinquish on "Challenge" difficulty is about as hard as they come. And what's scary is that on the new difficulty meter, it's 18 out of 20; indicating that there will someday be even harder songs appearing in official Konami games. HORROR!

Also hate Motaro in Mortal Kombat, i mean wtf he's half horse. How the hell do you even punch a horse.
Evila is one of my favourite bosses XD I remember her entire dance/song off by heart like lyrics so i never get hit.

God I tried playing UMK3 for Saturn not long ago. Motaro totally kicked my ass. I know I've beaten him before back in the day but I don't remember how.
I'm also a fan of Evila. She is super awesome.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Ugh, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!

First Sephy in KH2. IT TOOK ME LIKE 20 F***ING TRIES BEFORE I BEAT THE JERK!

Then there's Biolizard, the jerk and his knock-you-face-first-into-the-river tail!

Ice Titan in KH1. Not really hard, but it took me a few tries.

Alf-Layla Wa-Layla. I can only beat his a select few times. 9 of 20 times, I die.

FINALHAZARD. I can only beat the frikkin' thing once!

Bomamba. Nuff said.

Devil Doom from Shadow the Disaster. Not really hard, but he just REALLY ticks me off.

Dark Raven Phase 1 from Billy Hatcher. There's a glitch that I REALLY hate. You're supposed to clean up the goo with an egg, but sometimes the goo circles get stuck together and you get hurt if you try to clean it. Again, the boss itself isn't really hard, but that glitch is just...rrgh!

The air fight against Robotnik in Sonic Blast for the Game Gear in Zone 5(I think it's zone 5). I HATE that boss!

Surprisingly, Ansem in KH1 and Xemnas in KH2 are insanely easy for me(then again, that might be because I'm at level 65 in KH1 and Level 99 in KH2)

That's about it...Oh, wait...

The Robo-Bob boss in SpongeBob Battle For Bikini Bottom. I STILL haven't beat it...and I've had the thing since I was 6!

EDIT: Just got inFAMOUS and beat it. KESSLER. WAS. HELL. While I admit that his entire boss battle is REALLY cool and badass, HE IS JUST HELL TO KILL. I actually missed a Kessler image he shot at me. At first I'm like, "...What was that for? Are the image things useless?" Next thing I know, BAM! there's an evil closeup of Kessler and I'm screaming, "HOLY COW! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!" Kessler. Epic fight. Hard as hell and friggin' creepy... :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Queen Bella (fff i hate her so much)
Jackle. I swear something is wrong with my copy of NiD, I cannot beat Jackle at all, I can't destroy the cape or hit him or anything o___O
Clawz. Ehhh his is one of the harder bosses imo.
That final eggman thing in sonic's story from SA1. Egg Viper or whatever. I hate the music and its just annoying. xD

- Bella is evil. I usually die or beat her by accident. :D
- Jackle is so hard! He's cool, but I really, really hate those cards.
- How do you even beat Clawz? :P
- GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS! TAKE THAT! TAKE THAT! GET A LOAD OF THIS!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I hated Eggman in Sonic Adventure. He wasn't especially hard, but I was getting sick and tired of him saying the same sh!t over and over again during the battle.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

- GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS! TAKE THAT! TAKE THAT! GET A LOAD OF THIS!

BADTHOUGHTSBADTHOUGHTSBADTHOUGHTSBADTHOUGHTS

*huddles, shaking*

It's never the boss difficulty that gets to me, because I always win eventually.... It's the constant replays and attempts, where EVERY. LITTLE. SOUNDCLIP. gets stuck in my head, MOCKING ME. And driving me insane.

This is another of those.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Are you kidding me? Jesus, it's like somebody was watching the visualizer on iTunes and said "Hey, lets make people doge this!"

When it comes to bullet curtains, I've always thought of Habachi as a more difficult. While the shots aren't as dense, the bullets move faster, making them harder to dodge.

And then there's the version from DoDonPachi, which has more irregular patterns.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
The one that really sticks out in my mind right now, because I just recently beat Klonoa 2, is the King of Sorrow. It's probably just because I'm not a natural at video games in general, but I lost several lives to those two giant ball forms. There's too much stuff to pay attention to at once.

Clawz. Gosh, that's my least favorite NiGHTS boss to fight. Period. I can handle Bomamba or Queen Bella a lot better than him. I take too long busting those rocket mice, so I don't have much time to grab him when he pauses. :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

It's never the boss difficulty that gets to me, because I always win eventually.... It's the constant replays and attempts, where EVERY. LITTLE. SOUNDCLIP. gets stuck in my head, MOCKING ME. And driving me insane.

They make the music so nerve wracking, too! I ended up playing the Eclipse Desert (or whatever it's called) from Sonic Riders on mute. :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Why do so many people have probs with Clawz? o_o

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

That's what I'm wondering. I thought he was cake. Chamelan and Bomamba were worse in my opinion.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
edit- holy crap! He managed to kill it on god mode without dying once!:

----
In NiD i have the most problems with killing Gillwing fast (well unless i pull a 2.0 head shot), the rest are easy. My fave boss to kill is Wizeman.

Jod the hardest boss in my opinion would be Bomamba, for the fact that a lot of random factor gets in the way of having skill at it. Bella is my fave boss, fun to fight.

I do kinda wish though that all the bosses in JoD had extra hard modes.

*imagines Wizeman pulling a DoDonPachi*
that. would. be. epic.

I think I'd play it JUST to die in 3 seconds. But damn it would be a worthy death.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Ask the damned kamikaze mice that always hit me before I have a chance to get away D:

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Are you drill dashing and knocking out the lit ones?

MAXinsanity

MAXinsanity

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
White Fatalis.
Posted Image

This thing's among the hardest boss monsters in the entirety of MHF2 and Unite. It summons lightning bolts from the sky, goes into a tanking mode in which few weapons can pierce it every now and then after a certain amount of health is gone, and if it's health and the time to complete the quest is low enough, it will resort to stalling by repeatedly hiding up on it's perch (Which it summons more lightning while on it) or flying up into the air and divebombing.

All this while your incapable of seeing it's HP and can kill you in 1-2 lightning bolts (Unless your fighting the somewhat weaker one with equipment you get near the very end of the game, which would be pretty pointless).

Heck, I'd put every boss monster in the game here, but that would be just silly. They all have some kind of way of being hair-pullingly hard.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I just remembered another one which gave me serious problems when I was younger. Captain K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country 2 was just brutal when I first fought him. I don't remember exactly what it was but damn that fight never felt like it was going to end.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Are you drill dashing and knocking out the lit ones?

Yes. But that doesn't stop me from losing, somehow x___x

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
What no Flandre? I was expecting like half the post to mention her. XD (I think there are harder Touhou bosses, hers is just well known and overrated. But pretty to watch... Start at 3:18)

Ok what hasn't been mentioned yet hmm....

-Well for RPG standards, final form of Ultamicia from FFVIII is actually kinda hard.....or at least REALLY annoying. Its a matter of luck at times.
1) She has an ability that reduces your hp to 1. No matter what.
2) Instant kill GF so don't even bother summoning them.
3) You begin the whole set of final boss fights with 3 random characters from your total party. You don't get to pick. So don't even try to plan the battle out. If one is dead long enough, they are permanently removed and replaces with someone else...if there is any left.
4) *Annoying part* She can draw your magic. That includes what you have equipped. So basically she can drain your stats and power.
5) She dispels buffs so no telling how long that Aura will last.
6) Cast Ultima and Meteo if she can't case her instant 1 HP left ability. Sometimes Holy but that isn't really something to worry about.

So all you can do is relay on items and limit breaks because everything else is thrown right out the window. In fact, that goes for the other 3 final boss fights before the final final one too.

-Fighting some of the beginning bosses in Persona 4 is rough. Especially Yukiko's persona. You have little time to train so no over powering yourself there. Doing it on hard mode is brutal.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I have no idea what to do! Do I just drill dash through the EVIL EXPLODING MICE OF DOOM to get Clawz? Do I destroy the mice? I'm so confused! ;)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I have no idea what to do! Do I just drill dash through the EVIL EXPLODING MICE OF DOOM to get Clawz? Do I destroy the mice? I'm so confused! ;)

Destroy the Mice before they launch at you. Prioritize ones that are lit.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Destroy the Mice before they launch at you. Prioritize ones that are lit.

Thanks! Hopefully I can tear myself away from Zelda for a bit to play some NiD! ;)

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Here's my little rogues gallery of bosses that, in my humble opinion, are complete nuisances.

1.NiGHTS into Dreams: Clawz- How do you bring that thing down?!? ;)
2. Trauma Center UtK: Triti and Pempti- One is just a pain since you have to learn how to operate on it while the other one is simply the Trauma Center cross of Sephiroth and Skeith: one that hits hard, fast, and gives you little time to compose yourself.
3. Trauma Center UtK 2: Pempti and Altheia- While Pempti is a little 'tamer' here, it's still a nuisance along with the fact that you have to treat two of them at the same time. Altheia... was just a headache.
4. Kingdom Hearts 1/2: Sephiroth- He's fast, enjoys teleporting behind Sora, and uses the Health Drain and One Winged Angel attacks a little too much for my tastes.
5. .hack// games 1-4: Skeith, Cubia- Skeith was actually a tough guy for me to fight (can't even remember how many tries it took to take him down) while Cubia was simply a nuisance that wouldn't die.
6. FullMetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy: Pride- Is there even a way to beat that thing?
7. MegaMan Battle Network: Red Sun (one of the .exe games): The last boss- He's not all that bad, but he can really use up those health chips.
8. Kingdom Hearts 2: Demyx- Whoever said that Demyx couldn't fight is an unforgivable liar. It doesn't matter that I was fighting in Proud mode, I have had more "game overs" with that guy than any of the other bosses.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

-M. Bison (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
-Gill (Street Fighter 3)

Oh THANK GOD you said these two! I thought i just sucked at these games or something XD

Seriously. What the hell happaned to Bison between Alpha 2 and 3. Alpha 2, i'm kicking his ass all over the shop. Alpha 3, the dude doesn't just 'Psycho Crusher' at you, he turns the whole damn screen into a Psycho Crusher that's hell bent on homing in on your ass! XD It's like, "Oh. You've got a full health bar, huh? Think you're pretty good at dodging and blocking my attacks, huh? f*** it! PSYCHO CRUSHEEER!!"
Boom! Your ass is blown to apocolypse and back via a different kind of 'blue screen of death'.

For me, the toughest boss battle i've ever faced wasn't the fact the boss was hard but the mission itself was. I am, indeed, talking about Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast and the boss is De Rol Le.

De Rol Le is easy if you're by yourself or with a group of friends who you make a good team with. However, one bloody mission in the original PSO had you teamed up with Professor Mome, an in-game AI that was part of the story.
By that point your character is Lvl 20 or so. Mome is around 12. He's not a fighter, he has nothing that's special to him. He's a scientist and your mission is to help him find something and make sure he doesn't die. Because he's not a fighter that means he's very liable to die. A lot.
You drag his weak ass all the way through those long caves to reach De Rol Le and i will not joke with you, the guy WILL die very quickly. He has hardly any health anyway so you either spend most of the fight using anything and everything that will heal is ass OR you'd better pray that every single stray attack misses him and that you're quick enough to take down De Rol Le before he gets a good shot in.
Every time Mome dies it's mission failure and you'd have to start from scratch.

Lol, it was so hard that SEGA updated the mission in later versions of the game by changing it so that when you do reach De Rol Le, Mome lies down and pretends to 'play dead' so you can have a one on one with the boss and not have to worry about him getting stabbed, shot, blown up or fried.

Dr. Mome. You made a pretty easy boss one of the hardest bosses in the whole of the original PSO. I salute you, you useless man.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh god yeah that De Rol Le & Mome mission sucked the large ones. It was so HARD. I rememeber when i played the GC version and found out they'd fixed it ... i wonder how many complaints they got. Especialy if you were using a CAST character @_@ You could only use moon atomizers! insane! Especialy on the harder modes.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Demyx...did he have a time limit? If so I do remember him being pretty hard but I got lucky and barley made it on my first try. Which was great because I think I remember the battle being very annoying and wanting me to kick something.

Gotta love those protect NPC missions. : /

All this fighting just reminded me of another boss I found annoying.

Mr. X from Street of Rage 2. Maybe I just stink or my fingers were too tired from button smashing for more than 3 hours straight or so. (I really can't remember how long it was...) Especially after the elevator scene. I can't remember. All I know is, I was not happy to have to fight a dude running around like crazy with a machine gun along with even more men. I just.....ugh. Have mercy. It was my last life too, I lost and never played again because I was sick and tired of it. Maybe if I had taken a break I could have done it. So that may just be my fault. Also I was the kid...if that makes a difference.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Definitely Biolizard, that was a PAIN!
However I have to give a nod to Blank TV. That guy STILL gets me sometimes!

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i don't see why so many people have troule with the biolizard, he was so easy to me (also, it's fun to ancient light all the bubble that come out, you just spin like crazy)

I would say one of the most annoying bosses to me was general corrossive, i have only gotten to him on normal. . .which is the esiest difficulty
he can kill you if he steps on you
shoots multiple missles at once
summons 2-3 flying bots that shoot twin lazers at you rapidly

as the difficulty goes up, the more health they gain and the more damage they deal

other than that game, i would say the entire sonic spinball game, nothing more to be said

on the side of fair bosses, the final boss of sonic 3, he can break super sonic :D

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I beat the BioLizard out of anger.

ANGER!!!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Bomamba, JoD - Difficult, but easier than some other bosses. Just takes practice...a lot of practice...and luck.

Biolizard, Sonic Adventure 2 - Never defeated him on the DC version. Always died. On the GCN version I defeated him (after a long time)...and did the whole "beat the bosses" time trial...defeated the Biolizard easily at that.

Tabuu, Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Not too hard, but if you miss a dodge by half a second, you die. Still trying Boss Battles on Extreme mode.

Ansem, Kingdom Hearts - GAH! I always played defensively and doing that against Ansem... Ugh. He always killed me... Until I got Action Replay Max, copied the file, beat him, the file got corrupted, then I went back to my old un-modified file and beat the stuffing out of Ansem...a good four or five times (i.e. saw the credits that many times). :P

Odette, Queen of the Dead, Odin Sphere - ARGH! Gwendolyn's final boss. So frickin' hard with the screen slowing down and all. It got easier later on, but...got-dang it she was hard.

Final Chao in SA2B's Chao Karate - HA! My Straight B Chao Chuckie schooled him! Frickin' difficult and it took forever to get Chukie up to speed (...um, okay over a week).

Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla, Sonic and the Secret Rings - ...Ow....my arms... Same pattern every time though. That helped.

Luther, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - AH WHAT THE HECK?!?! I swear everyone DIES with that stupid ...rebirth...thing. I mean, as Fayt, I can survive, but the NPCs WON'T get out of the way! I have to control everyone for ten seconds, switching like crazy, then get back into the fight. Love the ending though.

Original .hack games - Macha. I hated the singing and enchantment status effect... Skeith. Level 30. Didn't get out of the way in time. Died about...four times.

The Porcupine (my nickname for the guy with the guns), Kingdom Hearts 2 - Proud Mode...and he keeps killing me! Funny enough, hard bosses were easy and past easy fights were hard prior to this.

Octavio, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - What? WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! A hard boss and it's the FIRST ONE! Do I suck or something? I mean, I usually get the hang of things pretty quick, but he...slaughtered me. Took a few tries to get past the first area... Frick...

My award to hardest boss fight is (and this is hard to choose)...

Geb Queen from Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Seriously, the final boss is easier than her. First, you have to let one of her spells hit you and become a lizard. The go up, press a switch, unleash a spider, and said spider makes the Geb Queen vulnerable. Then several Skull Swordsman come out and you have to kill them before they kill the spiders. Oh, and Gebby spins around the room. It took ages (read: years) to kill her. T_T At least Luther went down after a few days.

Close were:

Luther
The Porcupine (Proud Mode)
Biolizard (not now anyways)

...Oh, and easiest boss goes to Ganondorf from Ocarina. Seriously, I can kill him in under a minute if I really tried.

I know I'm missing some villains, but none come to mind.

Key-Chan

Key-Chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Rare Items, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic the Hedgehog
Xaldin on Proud Mode in KH2 was a huge pain because he was Cheapy Mc freakin Cheap.

Puppet Gannon (serpent form) from Wind Waker, cause he was hard to hit.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know who else is a pain in the ass as a boss? ALL of the bosses from Sonic Advance 2. I don't know who's idea it was to have you constantly running after Robotnik while you fight him but it can really become irritating, especially on some of the later bosses where you need to get in really close. The fact that you're constantly having to run towards the right means having to juggle about keeping up a decent pace yet timing your attacks. You slip up and jump too soon, late, high, low, short or long and Robotnik will screw you!

Sonic Advance 2. Nice game, the boss design was terrible though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users