Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flying

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Considering we're all NiGHTS fans here, surely one of the things we are likely to enjoy about the game is the liberating sense of flight it offers. Now, I'm curious, has anybody here tried to emulate that feeling in real life? It could be anything from hang gliding to body suspension for all I care. What have you done, or would like to do, that makes you feel free from the laws of gravity? I'd like to hear what you say.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
the only thing I do remotely close is glide just above the bottom of a pool.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
I've never flown before myself, but the closest I have come to experiencing the feeling I get when I play NiGHTS is riding a roller coaster or any really tall, really fast carnival ride. One of these days I'm going to go hang gliding or para gliding. Looks like LOADS of fun!

Of course, going swimming has a similar effect too. ^^

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Ah, the reason I love swimming so much. But one of these days I'm gonna try hangliding or fly an ultralight. SOMEDAY.
Oh, I also like swings for the same reason. :)

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
The swimming pool and coasters.. done that. xD I have ran around the house with my arms outstretched, but that doesn't count.

I've gone on ride where you lay on your stomach, (and though you're not supposed to.. >> ) Stick your arm out, as it takes you some feet of the ground and flips you and such.

I want to go in a air tunnel, or whatever those things are called. Air vent. :| Float around, flip off walls... signature NiGHTS pose. xD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

I want to go in a air tunnel, or whatever those things are called. Air vent. :| Float around, flip off walls... signature NiGHTS pose. xD

It's called bodyflight. You do them at vertical wind tunnels. I was actually planning on doing that next Spring in good old Sin City Nevada. Here is a handy list of tunnels all over the world.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Damn, none close where I live. >.> Bodyflight sounds like pure win.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
definitely underwater with goggles, performing stupid maneuvers
kingda ka from six flags was awesome, accelerating to 128 mph, going straight up 103094824 feet and then dropping down was a windswept dream

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
...before I knew of NiGHTS and all that stuff (before it was released, even).. my friends and I would secure a spot on the taller swingsets at my elementary school and would jump off of them after time. I remember jumping off and just spreading my arms wide.. we did get the sensation of gliding from it, even though I'm sure our shins are quite messed up as a result. We had enough time to tie our shoes, if that gives a sense of free-fall.

Otherwise, I plan to go skydiving sometime soon if I can get back in touch with a friend of mine who was planning to go, soon.

Other than that, no -- otherwise no sense of flight-sensation other than in my dreams. Quite good, I do say..

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I agree, dreams offer the best sensation of flight ever. What's great is I remember how I did it, so it feels like it really happened and will happen again! ^^

As for emulating IRL, I remember one little habit I had. Biking home from school, I would come to this gigantic hill by the road. So I would bike one-handed - with the other stretched out NiGHTS style! XD I just focused on the wind rushing by me, the scenery blurring as I went, and my imagination took care of the rest. People staring from cars passing by? Never noticed a one!

I do recall one ride at the yearly fairground, where pairs of people are strapped belly-down into fake metal hang gliders, and it carried us round and round, up and down.. the line was a good mile long! Sadly, I haven't seen it since...

I wish I was a better swimmer! X3

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Diving boards are imensely fun for this reason... there's a lovely three story one down at the beach near my house. Since it's oudoors you can sprint off it and really grab some air...

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Sairus, that diving board sounds AWESOME. But to the note of the topic, yeah, I've only been able to swim. Too afraid of heights for roller coasters.

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
Personally, I'm a little afraid of heights but flying like NiGHTS where you can regulate how fast and high you go would be awesome ^^.

But my sensation of 'flight' happened when I was a little younger. I loved to feel the rush of being in the air, but I could only feel it on roller coasters. So for a while, I'd use a little summer time dedicated to an amusement park with high rides. Unfortunately I can't do that anymore because I have trouble breathing on roller coasters and I panic so bad that my senses dull up entirely X_X. Stupid phobia.

Though it would be nice to feel that rush again.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
I would love to be able to fly like NiGHTS. The closest I've ever gotten is rollar coaster rides, swimming, and I've had several dreams where I've flown like him. ^-^ <3's~ What's weird is I'm deathly afraid of heights, but to be able to fly without having to worry about falling to my death would be a dream come true. lol

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *hearts to the MAXIMUM* to be able to fly like NiGHTS, but then again, I'd probably get shot cause the army would be ":lol: OMG ALIENZ!". That wouldn't be very NiGHTS-Worthy.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Rollercoasters. Except im always closing my eyes and thinking i wont die lol.

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^
I tried all the things everyone is saying but the closest I got is jumping off the swings and stuff XD
(don't try it unless you're REALLY skilled)

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Jumping off swings! Man I had totally forgotten about that. XD I used to do that everytime I was on a swing. lol Ah~ fun memories. <3's~ Your right that was like a brief moment of flight.

Zero 22

Zero 22

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, Drawing, Plushies, the list goes on ^____^

Jumping off swings! Man I had totally forgotten about that. XD I used to do that everytime I was on a swing. lol Ah~ fun memories. <3's~ Your right that was like a brief moment of flight.

Glad I'm not the only one that jumps off swings ^______^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Glad I'm not the only one that jumps off swings ^______^

Trust me, you're not. I don't know of a single person who had access to swings and didn't jump off. When I was in elementary school, I used to do this crazy trick on the tire swing. If you grabbed a chain and spun the tire just the right way, you could make the swing spin really fast in place, sort of like a top. Well, instead of letting go when I spun it, I'd grab two chains and kick my feet in the air. If there were enough people on the swing, the tire would essentially be like a gyroscope and created enough spin to keep my feet off the ground for about a minute before it lost steam. You had to have a hell of a grip though. The thing created enough force to launch a child several feet if they let go. The first time I tried this stunt, I lost my grip after about ten seconds and was launched three feet away in to one of the aluminum support beams.

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised by how many people who posted are afraid of heights.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
O.o Flying into an aluminum support beam sounds painful...

Your right. There are alot of people afraid of heights. More than I had thought as well. Maybe that's another reason we are all drawn to NiGHTS. He can do something that we are afraid of and wish we could do with such ease. At least that's my reason.~ X3 It's always been my dream to fly freely like he does and not to be afraid of such heights.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I know. Im afraid of going over the Savannah River bridge because im so afraid of heights o.0

also 4 posts till dreamer!

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
The Savannah bridge is evil and waaaay to high. I refuse to even try. lol Maybe if I wasn't driving I could close my eyes and pretend I wasn't on the bridge...

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
As much as I like flying in the game, I would never do it in real life. I"m petrified of hights and get vertigo looking out a tall building window. I rather watch somebody else fly than do it my self. I get air sick in airplanes and get freaked out on amusment park rides. (Just ask my boyfriend, he couldn't hear for a while after riding a ride with me. )

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

The Savannah bridge is evil and waaaay to high. I refuse to even try. lol Maybe if I wasn't driving I could close my eyes and pretend I wasn't on the bridge...

How about you try? It takes you to beech island, which is my neighboring town! come and see me!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Heh, I guess I had it backwards. I always thought a reason people liked flying with NiGHTS was because they liked heights and that sensation of flight, and NiGHTS offered that freedom on a game. Oh well, I love heights. For those of you who have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, it felt so good when I looked down from the top of the Sears Tower like in the movie. It was windy that day too.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Well, at least your not afraid of them. Im positively terrified.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Heh, I guess I had it backwards. I always thought a reason people liked flying with NiGHTS was because they liked heights and that sensation of flight, and NiGHTS offered that freedom on a game. Oh well, I love heights. For those of you who have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, it felt so good when I looked down from the top of the Sears Tower like in the movie. It was windy that day too.

You went to the top like in the movie? O.o I would have died form fright. That's coolies that you got to go though. :D It sounds like it would be nice if it wasn't so scary. lol

Huruyami- Who knows, if I'm ever in Savannah again maybe I'll try to brave the bridge. It would be fun to meet another fellow NiGHTS fan. ^-^ I got to meet a couple of my online NiGHTS fans at the Anime Weekend Atlanta convention last year. That was one of my favorite memories from the con. X3

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Huruyami- Who knows, if I'm ever in Savannah again maybe I'll try to brave the bridge. It would be fun to meet another fellow NiGHTS fan. ^-^ I got to meet a couple of my online NiGHTS fans at the Anime Weekend Atlanta convention last year. That was one of my favorite memories from the con. X3

yeah it takes you to beech island, i live in jackson. neighbors!

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *hearts to the MAXIMUM* to be able to fly like NiGHTS, but then again, I'd probably get shot cause the army would be "^_^ OMG ALIENZ!". That wouldn't be very NiGHTS-Worthy.

So would I, dude, so would I. Imagine what you'd save in gas! XD

Unfortunately that'd be the very same reason the army would shoot ya, I think. XP

Wow, so many ppls afraid of heights. Not me, I think they're fun. ^^ One of these days I want to see the Empire State Building and the Sears Tower. Or better yet, the Chrysler Tower. XD

DMN

DMN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

O.o Flying into an aluminum support beam sounds painful...

Your right. There are alot of people afraid of heights. More than I had thought as well. Maybe that's another reason we are all drawn to NiGHTS. He can do something that we are afraid of and wish we could do with such ease. At least that's my reason.~ X3 It's always been my dream to fly freely like he does and not to be afraid of such heights.

you're not alone there, I get virtigo when I'm on a friggin' ladder, but if I didn't have to fall, the flying would RAWK.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
Ages ago when I was little...about 6 or 7, I was in Donegal, Ireland for holidays with my family, and there was a old school that was old and not used, and I climbed ontop of it and got stuck. So my dad came along and said "Jump, i'll catch you" so I jumped off, went right over my dad, arms wide into a whole bush of nettles. I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and sandals. I was covered with stingy thingys and I nearly died from shock, but it was fun jumping so far.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
......oh dear. sounds like fun!

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
When I went to DisneyWorld last December, I went on Soaring.
You know, the ride where they lift you in chairs over a BIG movie screen?

I was thinking NiGHTS the first time.

Otherwise, swimming is as close as I come, or thinking about flight right before falling asleep.
I find that I can make myself feel more like I'm floating and such at that time, when I'm in between states XD

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
oooh silk that sounds fun. i didnt get to go to that part of disneyworld tho. it looks fun though. (if you ever go again can you take me there lol? you can sneak me in the trunk of the car, i dont take up much space XD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users